Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
It might have worked but logic dictates you had to move everything around which means it's basically the same as the Forza system where you can save a livery group for use on other cars. There is still no way you can move a whole livery IN ONE PIECE and apply it to another car with no adjustments. It just isn't physically possible.

Well it works on Midnight Club L.A and Auto Club Revolution so why not on Gran Turismo 6!?

Well it works on Midnight Club L.A and Auto Club Revolution so why not on Gran Turismo 6!?

It doesn't though does it, if you have to move the design parts around individually on the new car you aren't just moving a whole livery as you suggested originally, you're doing the same as you do in Forza, as I said to start with. The only difference is it seems you're copying a group of groups together in one go.

I still want to see this in action though.

It doesn't though does it, if you have to move the design parts around individually on the new car you aren't just moving a whole livery as you suggested originally, you're doing the same as you do in Forza, as I said to start with. The only difference is it seems you're copying a group of groups together in one go.

I still want to see this in action though.

Then go on Midnight Club you spoon!

IMO its a very good idea.... except, I have no idea of how they're going to make that possible.

GPS files (.gpx) are merely points in 3d space in the form of coordinates. By merging this to the existing random track generator you'll get a GPS file to track generator. I'm sure i'm making it sound easier than it probably is but PS3 tech should be able to do this, worst case it would take a few hours to generate but it should still be worth it.

I really want to see a drifting tutorial, not for drift points but just for fun drifting. Like normal drifting. :dunce: would be the best game in the world.

Well its works on midnight club and I made a replia of the Martini Ford Focus WRC Rally Car and then put it on a Chevy Bel Air.

It works and you cant deny it and admit you're wrong.
I have Midnight Club LA, and if memory serves, you can't do a proper livery that will fit onto all cars. If you have a livery that is created for the door of a Skyline, and you go ahead and copy it onto a Lancer, you'll have to do some adjusting. The game doesn't "know" that it's a livery that goes on the door.

Are people really this thick? You CAN save a a group of shapes that make your "livery" but when you apply that same group to another car you will have to resize and move around some of the shapes. For example, in MC:LA I have a Monster Energy Livery on my Lancer, when I go to paste that same template on a Mustang, I WILL have to resize and move some shapes around. The game WILL NOT re-organize the livery to fit your car, period. SimonK is right, everyone opposing him is too stubborn to admit they're wrong.
DROP IT, and MOVE ON!

Apart from the obvious requests like a Livery Studio and Track Creator, I would like to see some relatively simple additions which enhance the race-weekend experience such as:

/ Safety Car
/ Flag system
/ Comprehensive penalty system covering everything down to crossing the line exiting the pit.
/ Control over my Pit-lane speed limiter
/ Full programme of Practice, Qualifying and Race
/ Podium Celebrations.

All current and past models of the D1GP cars to have more variety when drifting, possibly more tracks to play on such as Ebisu that was mentioned.

This is my first real long rant:

I think a few things need to happen for GT6
1) All cars have a graphics level of that of a current premium
2) Introduce a standard city for driving (it is after all a "driving simulator") introduce more city circuits and instead of having the courses chosen such as:
  • -Autumn Ring
  • -Autumn Ring/Reverse
  • -Autumn Ring Mini
  • -Autumn Ring Mini/Reverse
Have them done such as
  • -Autumn Ring
    • -Autumn Ring
    • -Autumn Ring/Reverse
    • -Autumn Ring Mini
    • -Autumn Ring Mini/Reverse
sort of introducing a folder system
3) Have a car sorting system equal to that of an online shopping website
  • i.e. Year ____-____
  • Make:
    • □Ford
    • □Chevrolet
    • □Ferrari
    • □etc.
4) also have a type
  • □LMP
  • □GT1
  • □ Race Car
  • □Non-race car
  • □ etc.
Managing 1000+ cars is hard with just a single make option
  • Give Gran-turismo.com a garage view option
  • - a save a-spec endurance instead of suspend
  • - be able to sell all cars not just cars worth >1.000.000
  • - add an advanced course maker where you could have a course builder system similar to the one on ModNation racers
  • - add a rallycross system
  • - add motorcyles (superbike races)
  • - add advanced dlc's, such as LMP packs
  • - classic muscle packs
  • - advanced online physics, such as wheelies
  • - remove SRF, its awful

I think my rant is over, this is really what needs to be made better, please do not hesitate to comment or ask questions.

Last edited:
My thought is that is was soooo long and covered so much that it would fit, it just wouldn't blend, and seem ridiculous, and it also is sort of a rant. Otherwise I agree and was a case where I didn't actually read through all of the threads.
I'd move then delete if possible but I can't move it to another thread nor can I delete the thread. If I could I would copy the original post and move it but I don't want to double post if I can avoid it.

Wow i must say some of u guys want ridiculous things. If u want that much reality go and race your own car.

Any way. I think they need to change the tunning menu. Its so anoying. That i have to go to each category. And go to stage three in each one of course im gonna max out everything why must i have to do it over and over its a slow system ans it takes long..

They should have a option for the works or just have a check list of parts to order and install it all one time.

Also rim selection is weak

And dlc updates should be sooner i always want to experience. The newest latest cars. I love cars.

There should not be weak online races i just get bored and dont wanna suffer threw easy games just because i need the money. This is what got me not playing the game the most

Wow i must say some of u guys want ridiculous things. If u want that much reality go and race your own car.

It adds to the fun and the realism. GT isn't just a racing game, it's also a driving simulator. We like it to feel like real life, even if we can go and do it in our own car.

I would like to have intervals between the driver ahead of you after each lap shown instead of only the gap between you and the lead car only.

I would love to see drastically expanded "Ownership/Maintenance" aspect in various directions of GT Auto store.

First, I would love introduction of more progressive (scaled) curve of damaging the vehicle (engine and chassis). The current (GT5) is very linear (car is either damaged or not). I would love to see some progression (phases) that would be repercussions of driver's style of driving. Which leads to..

Detecting the damage - introduction of Vehicle Diagnostics/Dyno. In order to determine the level of damage on your vehicle, you have to submit it to Vehicle Diagnostics. There (with some currency to be paid) you can observe the current status of particular vehicle. Depending of results, you can submit your vehicle to either Engine Rebuild or Chassis Repair processes. In the same proces, the Dyno provides you with up-to-date data of the current engine power, etc.

How does damage occurs? Game tracks the way you handle the car (crashing, bumping, off-track riding, etc.) and applies some level of progressive mechanical damage to the vehicle. More you take care of the car, less damage it takes. Of course, mileage itslef adds its own damage (as it does in GT5) which at some point results with "unrefreshable" vehicle. For engine damage game tracks the way you use revs, shifting, etc. and acts accordingly. Of course, if you drive with "old oil" the damage is faster. Which leads to..

Days of Delivery :D My favourite part of my idea. So, I basically give more importance to Delivery Truck. Instead of everything being finished within "1-click" I would also gave back more "meaning" to in-game days (which still exist in GT5, but they are not visible except on game-save data). When you submit your car to particular procedure, that procedure takes some in-game days to occur. So, for example:

same-day procedures (owner stays in car he brought to GT Auto): Car Wash, Oil Change, Dyno, Rim Change
1-day procedures (owner must take another car from Garage when submitting car to procedure, car is back in Delivery Truck in the next game-day): Vehicle Diagnostics, Spoiler attachments, Rim Paint
3-day procedure: Car Paint, Engine Rebuild
5-day procedure: Chassis Refresh

You can also multi-select the procedures in which case it takes the maximum days of "longest" procedure as overall time, it not adds up.

Of course, it would be more then great that actual parts of the car are experiencing wear due to ways you're using the vehicle (especially suspension and gearbox parts) so you have to re-purchase them and install them during the life-cycle of particular vehicle. But I guess many players would not welcome such miniscule attention to detail. Pity.

But I guess many players would not welcome such miniscule attention to detail. Pity.

I'd do. :D

The damage you're mentioning could go into a "hardcore" (sorry for my lack of originality) where you need to actually care your car, and if you crash badly you DNF and it costs you a good $$$ (obviously based on the original value of the car) to repair it.

My own wishlist:

Option to buy a car RHD or LHD from the dealer. (only if the car has that option) 💡

MOAR RIMS. :drool:

Eurobeat songs in the soundtrack. :dopey:

Option to turn off the lights at night. :sly:

Touge tracks. 👍

I would love to see drastically expanded "Ownership/Maintenance" aspect in various directions of GT Auto store.

I'd not welcome coming back from work to then having to spend an hour in menus because someone decided he wanted to e-own cars, which is a problem shared with GT5 that you want to expand. Customization and feel of satisfaction are not the same as wasting time watching a black screen or a menu.

Right now in GT5 it's not farfetched spending 20 minutes in order to finally be ready to play, including opening car tickets, changing oil and restoring a car coming back from an online room and so on. Add to that the hassle of farming for months to obtain e-goods and it's clear "that other franchise" -in which I can play with (almost) every car in one minute- simply has better game designers.

Considering amar has insider info on the gt series the quoted post is bad news. The first one he gave was that gt6 is on the ps4, and both share the fact people will make a buying decision based on those 2 (buying an entire system + getting crushed on reviews on that "feature").

Last edited:
I'd not welcome coming back from work to then having to spend an hour in menus because someone decided he wanted to e-own cars, which is a problem shared with GT5 that you want to expand. Customization and feel of satisfaction are not the same as wasting time watching a black screen or a menu.

Right now in GT5 it's not farfetched spending 20 minutes in order to finally be ready to play, including opening car tickets, changing oil and restoring a car coming back from an online room and so on. Add to that the hassle of farming for months to obtain e-goods and it's clear "that other franchise" -in which I can play with (almost) every car in one minute- simply has better game designers.

Considering amar has insider info on the gt series the quoted post is bad news. The first one he gave was that gt6 is on the ps4, and both share the fact people will make a buying decision based on those 2 (buying an entire system + getting crushed on reviews on that "feature").

I would not call them "better game designers", because there is really no "game design" involved in it. They just went the easier, safer and more "casual" route.

GT series had almost the same option in games prior to GT5. In GT4 you had cars in Arcade Mode unlocking to complete 700+ models available as you would obtain them in GT Mode. However, I presume that whole Standard/Premium/PSPGarage discrepancy didn't allow for same thing to happen in GT5. Od course, they could do it for Premium models only, but I guess they decided not to further separate the lineup.

However, I would really like to get more emphasis on consequences of ownership, because in the long-term it drastically affects how people play and use their cars. Also - and that is more important - that particular philosophy ow "ownership/maintenance" is something that is very unique to GT series and that is field of no other game-designers never decide to went into. Not because they were "better game designers" because they were either afraid to add such great feature (from whatever reason) or they didn't know how to do it properly.

I agree how maintaining a vehicle in GT5 could be problematic due to loading times, but it is nowhere close to 20 minutes. And yes, I know many people who actually enjoy the need to e-babysit their cars, myself included. No other game gives me such unique personal relationship with my "objects of ownage" and I probably have additional love for GT series because of that. So all my proposals above are strictly results of thinking about how to enhance that particular part of the game further.

However, contrary to your beliefs, this complete "proposal" is only my own imagination and it is not grounded in any reality, gossip, insider-info or such. It should not be consider as voice of things to come, but only as loudd thinking of someone who actually enjoys taking care of his e-goods. It provides me better connection with universe of the game, thus overall sensation is better for me, subjectively. And I feel bad when I wreck my 12,500.000 Cr F12007, so I guess the goal to care about consequences of driving is met.

On the other side, no other game has such consequences - especially not that one made by "better designers", which throws credits, XP and most attractive prize cars on players for the first 20 hours of game and then suddenly stops, leaving you with nothing to occupy more demanding player on longer-time. But to each his own, I guess.

Ownership/maintenance aspect is my personal favorite aspect of Gran Turismo series and I woould like to see it expanded. Of course, I added a bit of sadism in the process, because I think how complete sensation of the game would benefit on long-term. Of course, all above under presumption that loading-screens will be reduced for the next-game (next-gen?) and how my imaginary "Delivery Days" will make bitching about waiting process obsolete - because if you want to actually DO SOMETHING with your car, you should be ready to wait for it :)

All above strictly in my personal and subjective opinion 👍

I agree with Amar. The sense of ownership that GT gives is one of the main reasons I still prefer GT5 to the Forza series, despite all the game's flaws.

The biggest issue with GT5 with regards to the whole ownership aspect is simply how slow the menus load. If the menus were snappier, it wouldn't feel like such a chore.

Latest Posts

Back