Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
um, no, they dont.

you probably feel that way because you are from the states. american cars in general are đź‘Ž .

there are some nice ones (some copied heavily from eu cars though, especially from the mclaren f1) like the hennessey venom gt, saleen s7 and i love the chrisler m something (numbers) that also looked like a mclaren f1 that was i beleve in midnight club la.

french cars in general are also meh, but sometimes, just like americans, they surprise us in a pleasant way. but in general, still garbage cars.

Please get back to me when you list the American cars you've owned, driven, or had experience with. I'm very much convinced that you're only basing your opinion and poor judgement off of the looks of the cars, and that, my friend, is very naive.

Please get back to me when you list the American cars you've owned, driven, or had experience with. I'm very much convinced that you're only basing your opinion and poor judgement off of the looks of the cars, and that, my friend, is very naive.

+1 that and I bet reviews of cars he has never seen let alone driven. Musolini187
I have a poor opinion of VWs but I dont go off about why I dislike them everytime someone mentions them.

Last edited:
ive driven a couple, corvette stingray, lots of fords, couple of chryslers. the fords and chryslers have a higher quality control than cars for the us (because they are meant for the eu), so in general they are quite decent cars.

i generally dislike trucks and suv's, how much of the us market is that? also in general american sport cars are really bad to drive, the vette sure as was. most people i know that have american sport cars bought them because they like that style, not because they drive better than their eu counterparts.

last, ive driven more than a 100 (a lot more probably) different cars, have owned a variety of automobiles ranging from cheap clios and golfs to benzes, beemers and porsches. ive driven even more as i have a lot friends and relatives that also own exclusive cars like gallardos, 430, bentleys a veyron and many more different cars. for the most part ive also driven most of their cars (in excess of over 280kmh on highways) and am perfectly capable of judging cars for myself.

in general never once have i heared ANYBODY praising american cars. in general the people who do praise them ar hard rock wannabe people who want to own an old mustang, when they finally get their licence or enough money. besides people like this probably only americans that like american cars. most normal people and people that actually know cars wouldn't buy an american.

the best american cars are the cheap hatchbacks like the focus that are meant for the eu market. for all the other segments, there are eu cars in the same class that do the job much better, have a far higher quality and durability and look better as well. they are in general more expensive, but the quality is much higher as well.

in short, europeans make the best cars.

Musolini187
ive driven a couple, corvette stingray, lots of fords, couple of chryslers. the fords and chryslers have a higher quality control than cars for the us (because they are meant for the eu), so in general they are quite decent cars.

i generally dislike trucks and suv's, how much of the us market is that? also in general american sport cars are really bad to drive, the vette sure as was. most people i know that have american sport cars bought them because they like that style, not because they drive better than their eu counterparts.

last, ive driven more than a 100 (a lot more probably) different cars, have owned a variety of automobiles ranging from cheap clios and golfs to benzes, beemers and porsches. ive driven even more as i have a lot friends and relatives that also own exclusive cars like gallardos, 430, bentleys a veyron and many more different cars. for the most part ive also driven most of their cars (in excess of over 280kmh on highways) and am perfectly capable of judging cars for myself.

in general never once have i heared ANYBODY praising american cars. in general the people who do praise them ar hard rock wannabe people who want to own an old mustang, when they finally get their licence or enough money. besides people like this probably only americans that like american cars. most normal people and people that actually know cars wouldn't buy an american.

the best american cars are the cheap hatchbacks like the focus that are meant for the eu market. for all the other segments, there are eu cars in the same class that do the job much better, have a far higher quality and durability and look better as well. they are in general more expensive, but the quality is much higher as well.

I smell bs on the whole post. But I don't think its worth even trying your way to close minded to get anywhere.

Last edited:
Musolini187

In short, it's the internet... Anyone can say anything. If you've owned those cars that you conveniently listed above, then you've got money. If you've got money, that means that you got a decent education. Judging by the way you write, you ain't got ****. Why are you lying??? Who are you trying to impress? You've stated your position on certain manufacturers from different countries more than once; move on!

BE HONEST AND DON'T TRY TO IMPRESS ANYONE!

Anyways, I would love to have more Pontiac's (the classics 1964-1972). I know the '64 model is in GT5 ( I have 3 of them) but since PD LOVES adding multiple variations to one model, why not the GTO? Also, the El Camino would be a great addition to the list. What about famous cars from movies ie; The Ectomobile (Ecto-1): 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Ambulance (Ghostbusters), 1958 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider), 1950 Mercury Monterey (Cobra; Sylvester Stallone), 1958 Plymouth Fury (from the movie Christine), Ferrari 308 GTS (from Magnum, P.I.), 1955 Ford/Lincoln Futura (Batmobile), 1968 Mustang GT 390 CID Fastback (Bullit), 1977 Trans Am SE (Smokey & the Bandit), 1963 Aston Martin DBS (Goldfinger). To name a few LOL

Last edited:
The best cars are the cars that excite you...period. The bs that no one praises American cars is simply opinion. People in America praise them, and in the same breath down grade european cars. Audi just fairly recently became decent, they used to be break down queens that were crap. Saabs...ugly and also problematic, Peugot...french...need I say more. I could go on, but there is no need because it is all opinion. I love cars, American, European, Japanese....if it is interesting, looks good and has an appeal of some sort I am for it.

Last edited:
evilGnius
The best cars are the cars that excite you...period. The bs that no one praises American cars is simply opinion. People in America praise them, and in the same breath down grade european cars. Audi just fairly recently became decent, they used to be break down queens that werent crap. Saabs...ugly and also problematic, Peugot...french...need I say more. I could go on, but there is no need because it is all opinion. I love cars, American, European, Japanese....if it is interesting, looks good and has an appeal of some sort I am for it.

A great, decent post. Plus Peugot is a PAIN to repair. You have to remove the entire engine to replace a shock absorber :(.

But people, use common sense, if you're living in North America, buy American; EU, buy EU cars; Asia, buy Asian cars. The domestic markets are cheaper. If you break a shock in an American car, it will cost you 20 dollars, or less for another one. If you buy a new Civic that will set you back 120 dollars for a shock absorber.

Last edited:
How about a change in business approach for GT6.

Instead of having a thousand cars, a hundred tracks, and several licenses all in one game without really going deep into racing, how about they set it up to a modular based game.

We'll start with a base GT6, with a hundred or so cars, 10-20 tracks.

Then modules will be sold separately. Modules would include cars, tracks, AI changes, special rules, online functionality and other things would add to immersion. Each module would almost be a complete game except that it is based on the GT6 physics and Graphics.

Here are a few modules i can think of ...

- DTM
- WTCC
- drag race series
- WRC
- NASCAR
- Pikes Peak
- Livery Editor, a market to buy, sell and commission a Livery.
- Track Creator/Editor, Track generator based on GPS records, a market to buy and sell tracks.
- V8 super cars
- MOTO GP
- isle of man TT
- Dakar
- F1
- SuperGT

The game will grow faster and bigger specially is PD gets to partner with other companies. All modules will always be based on PD's physics and graphics.

This way i do not have to pay for features I'm not interested in,
but we'll always have the physics familiarity we have come to like and a deeper immersion to a specific race series we like.

No. That business model leads to the full content (if you want it all) costing a lot more than it would if it was all sold in one package to begin with. I mean imagine some of GT5's stuff as a module at the DLC prices? The game would have cost $100+.

Yeah it would be way too difficult and expensive but its a good idea. I would be better to take a few of those and do them well and have them included in GT6.

Instead half efforts spread across several race series (Nascar, SuperGT, DTM) actually focus on the good ones and make them more than just a few races thrown together. SuperGT, V8 SuperCars, FIA GT, Le Mans Prototypes, Nascar.

PD could make an A Spec "League" for each. Plus have the normal A Spec for the normal street cars like we have with GT5. You could pick up a Super GT and have to go through several levels and seasons to complete the A Spec for Super GT. Then pick up a R8 LMP or something and start over again through a ALMS seasons or WEC ect....

Less time on making racing suits, museum cards, B Spec, horns, ect... And more time developing a game focused on racing first and those other options second. Its nice to have options but not at the expense of true real time game play. Add those helmets and stuff like that as expansion DLC or something later. Instead of trying to do so much at one time screwing everything up.

No. That business model leads to the full content (if you want it all) costing a lot more than it would if it was all sold in one package to begin with. I mean imagine some of GT5's stuff as a module at the DLC prices? The game would have cost $100+.

Yes more expensive if you get every single module, but on the other hand you'll get deeper more immersive experience on the aspects you like. I do not like the sort of tasting approach GT has, a liitle bit of WRC, a tad more of super GT, a dab of nascar, a sprinkling of DTM. IF PD had a separate game for WTCC, i'll get that, if they had a separate game for pikes peak or Dakar ...

Yes more expensive if you get every single module, but on the other hand you'll get deeper more immersive experience on the aspects you like. I do not like the sort of tasting approach GT has, a liitle bit of WRC, a tad more of super GT, a dab of nascar, a sprinkling of DTM. IF PD had a separate game for WTCC, i'll get that, if they had a separate game for pikes peak or Dakar ...

But I don't see PD ever doing them any better as seperate "modules". If we hypothesise that rally wasn't in GT5 but then added as a module instead do you see it being a full on, WRC The Game like add-on? I don't, it'd be basically the same shallow experience we did get on the disc.

They need to put more effort into each area, I totally agree on that, I just don't think separating them into what is essentially DLC is going to change anything.

But I don't see PD ever doing them any better as seperate "modules". If we hypothesise that rally wasn't in GT5 but then added as a module instead do you see it being a full on, WRC The Game like add-on? I don't, it'd be basically the same shallow experience we did get on the disc.

They need to put more effort into each area, I totally agree on that, I just don't think separating them into what is essentially DLC is going to change anything.

How about a slightly different approach, PD develops GT6 as they see fit, but they go out and have other companies license GT6' base functions eg. physics, graphics etc and also provide a way to integrate these modules to GT's gameplay. So other companies can develop cars, events, AI tweaks etc. PD gets some money, we get a lot of stuff for a fee of course.

We can then buy modules from other companies. These companies will have faster turn around in development because they do not have to develop the physics, and other "base" capabilities of the game. win win for everyone, i think.

tinram
How about a slightly different approach, PD develops GT6 as they see fit, but they go out and have other companies license GT6' base functions eg. physics, graphics etc and also provide a way to integrate these modules to GT's gameplay. So other companies can develop cars, events, AI tweaks etc. PD gets some money, we get a lot of stuff for a fee of course.

We can then buy modules from other companies. These companies will have faster turn around in development because they do not have to develop the physics, and other "base" capabilities of the game. win win for everyone, i think.

Its still paying extra for modules that should be in the game from day 1.

amar212
That is some factual data or your private opinion? ;)

Opinion as always I mean who wants to pay extra for better physics when that module should have been in the game in the first place.

What I would like to see in GT6? At the end of an online race I would like to see who had the fastest lap in the race. As of now the only way to attain that information is to save the replay, exit online racing, fire up the replay, click on the timing icon and finally fast forward to the end. This would be a welcome feature because if you're stuck mid-pack in a race or far behind due to a spin/contact, often you are racing for pride, and pride alone.

General Gameplay Options
> A D1 spec, maybe even a semi proper one
> More singleplayer modes for Drifting
> Higher credit cap, 20M is simply not enough
> Smoke in 2P Split Screen
More car visuals options eg;
>> Vinyls
>> Custom decal/vinyl editor (maybe similair to NFS: Carbon) (Livery editor)
>> Decals
>> Custom paint editor (maybe similair to Forza or NFS: Carbon) (Livery editor)
>> UNDERGLOW
>> Lot's of hues and intensities for underglow
>> WINDOW TINTING
>> Lot's of hues and intensities for window tints
>> More aftermarket options
>> Different wing options for each car instead of the stock three for every car
>> At least three different body kits for each car that are unique to that car
>> More body kits
>> All premium models ( I know that would take a long time but I think we all agree it's worth it)
>> A market to buy paints instead of having to scour through the used car dealership for a car with the colour you want!
>> Option to choose whether to have a convertible top up or down. This option is given in the in race menu just before the race
>> More options for tire wear eg; No wear/wear/can actually blow out/can actually blow out and wear down to rims
AI options
> Option to turn off skid recovery force for AI
> Option to turn mode of driving for AI eg; Aggressive/Sunday Driver (Cautious)/Proffessional Racer/Simulation/Drifters
> Option to limit PP and Tunes in singleplayer practice mode
> Option to limit cars in singleplayer practice mode

Last edited:
- A much quicker menu/shortcuts that you can arrange yourself

- More tuning features. I'd like like to be able to actually change the diff and not the final gear as they call it in GT5. It bothers me how you can adjust the diff responsiveness, but on some cars it really doesn't change much and then you go to find your final drive in the transmission section? lol. That along with more visual customization, like wide body options, more aero options and most importantly of all to me, at least let us set the tire size and pressure. I can't believe that isn't already in GT5..

- Cockpit view with the option of NO steering wheel in the car, I'd love to see that considering I only play GT5 with a wheel it's pretty odd when you see two wheels in front of you and one is only turning half of what you do

- Please get rid of the invisible walls..

Last edited:
Improved penalty system, where it's less sensitive.

I know why PD put it in GT5, to stop people from cheating in races and time trials, but it also screws me and other players over for making mistakes.

Larger simulation (career) mode please.
Also, I said it two years ago when GT5 came out and I'll say it again: exclusive prize cars, meaning prize cars that can't simply be purchased at the dealers. Preferably every single prize car should not be purchasable.
More cars, including oddities like in GT4, kart racing event, pod racing event like in GTConcept, greater variety of events in general.
License tests should actually be used to gain access to events like in GT 1-4.
More endurance races.
MORE TRACKS. 20 isn't enough. Bring back SSR11 and Rome Night please. and the actual Test Course.
Drag racing. It was promised back in GT2.
EDIT: Also 100 lap complex string enduro please

Last edited:
MeechShrykull
Larger simulation (career) mode please.
Also, I said it two years ago when GT5 came out and I'll say it again: exclusive prize cars, meaning prize cars that can't simply be purchased at the dealers. Preferably every single prize car should not be purchasable.
More cars, including oddities like in GT4, kart racing event, pod racing event like in GTConcept, greater variety of events in general.
License tests should actually be used to gain access to events like in GT 1-4.
More endurance races.
MORE TRACKS. 20 isn't enough. Bring back SSR11 and Rome Night please. and the actual Test Course.
Drag racing. It was promised back in GT2.

Agreed

There's only 5 things I want to see on GT6.

1. A lot more championships
2. Difficulty selection (or maybe just harder races, with improved AI skills, to make the game really challenging)
3. No standard cars
4. More customization options (not need for speed style, of course)
5. More tracks

A course maker like the one on Mod Nation Racers. If anyone has played that game, then you know how amazing the course maker is.

Back