Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
In short, it's the internet... Anyone can say anything. If you've owned those cars that you conveniently listed above, then you've got money. If you've got money, that means that you got a decent education. Judging by the way you write, you ain't got ****. Why are you lying??? Who are you trying to impress? You've stated your position on certain manufacturers from different countries more than once; move on!

BE HONEST AND DON'T TRY TO IMPRESS ANYONE!

first of all i got a bachelor degree in marketing and management, i got it without even trying because it was well below my level. my little sister who wasnt even as smart as but actually did some work for school instead of going out every single day and partying like i did easily got her masters degree in law and international law.

lets get back to the point, what makes you think i got big money or that im lying? the most expensive car i owned was only worth 24k, a 911 carrera 4s, last air cooled model. last 3 cars ive owned were a carrera 4s. carrera 4 and last one an alfa romeo 156 diesel. some of the other cars ive owned are in the post i made before. even though im not very rich, i have a lot of family members that have 10's of millions (some even more, though most less) and most of our friends have even more money than that (one of them is one of the few veyron owners in holland). friends of mine that dont even have that much money still owned cars like gallardos, bentley continentals, cayennes etc and had a garage that also rented these cars (they dont have it anymore, we rented the gallardo once). my dad used to gamble with a 100k per bet with roulette to give you an impression, a lot of money for me, not so much for a lot of my family and their friends.

back to the point i was originally making, ive driven many many different types of cars from almost all the price classes (golf 2's, bmw 735's etc). what is so unbelievable about that? i dont get your point, there is nothing special about it. most of the people i know have driven far more cars and far FAR more expensive ones than i have. compared to them most of what ive driven and owned is not even that much.

edit: no cap for amount of credits for gt6, a cap doesnt make any sense at all imo.

Musolini187
first of all i got a bachelor degree in marketing and management, i got it without even trying because it was well below my level. my little sister who wasnt even as smart as but actually did some work for school instead of going out every single day and partying like i did easily got her masters degree in law and international law.

lets get back to the point, what makes you think i got big money or that im lying? the most expensive car i owned was only worth 24k, a 911 carrera 4s, last air cooled model. last 3 cars ive owned were a carrera 4s. carrera 4 and last one an alfa romeo 156 diesel. some of the other cars ive owned are in the post i made before. even though im not very rich, i have a lot of family members that have 10's of millions (some even more, though most less) and most of our friends have even more money than that (one of them is one of the few veyron owners in holland). friends of mine that dont even have that much money still owned cars like gallardos, bentley continentals, cayennes etc and had a garage that also rented these cars (they dont have it anymore, we rented the gallardo once). my dad used to gamble with a 100k per bet with roulette to give you an impression, a lot of money for me, not so much for a lot of my family and their friends.

back to the point i was originally making, ive driven many many different types of cars from almost all the price classes (golf 2's, bmw 735's etc). what is so unbelievable about that? i dont get your point, there is nothing special about it. most of the people i know have driven far more cars and far FAR more expensive ones than i have. compared to them most of what ive driven and owned is not even that much.

edit: no cap for amount of credits for gt6, a cap doesnt make any sense at all imo.

I rest my case. TMI IMO. I flip out when people don't give a certain car a chance, like classical muscle. Personally, I drive a 1968 Pontiac GTO (Rebuilt it with the help of OPG;Original Parts Group). I used to have pictures of it in my room growing up. Number one rule in life (for me) is to never meet your childhood heroes and yet, here I am; facing ignorant ricers in their cheap V-Tech's. Sure, it's heavy, some consider it slow (although 220 km/h is pretty fast), not very agile, and definitely HEAVY. Then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

i belive they need to add the buggati veyron super sport and koenigsegg agera r and add nos to cars that would realisticly be able to handle it and they need (launch control) for cars like nissan skylines r35,aventador ect

i belive they need to add the buggati veyron super sport and koenigsegg agera r and add nos to cars that would realisticly be able to handle it and they need (launch control) for cars like nissan skylines r35,aventador ect

Please read the thread title.

I rest my case. TMI IMO. I flip out when people don't give a certain car a chance, like classical muscle. Personally, I drive a 1968 Pontiac GTO (Rebuilt it with the help of OPG;Original Parts Group). I used to have pictures of it in my room growing up. Number one rule in life (for me) is to never meet your childhood heroes and yet, here I am; facing ignorant ricers in their cheap V-Tech's. Sure, it's heavy, some consider it slow (although 220 km/h is pretty fast), not very agile, and definitely HEAVY. Then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion...

the one thing i know about most american cars is that they go fast in a straight line. handling in corners is bad and top speed usually is not that high.
i owned a opel callibra 4x4 turbo and with only a 2 liter i believe it could do close to 280. ive driven 270+ with it. another thing i dont generally like about american cars is that they only have such a low amount of hp compared to the amount of liters the engine is. they are not efficient at all, eu cars, lets say a bmw will push out more than a 100 bhp per litre without turbos. thats not good engineering at all.

btw its not like i hate american cars, i just dont think they are that good compared to other regions cars. they are just above chinese level of cars, maybe on par with french cars imo.

i was wrong btw, i do hate some of the american cars, especially trucks and suvs. i do like some of your sports cars, like the salleen s7 and the chrisler me 4/12, oh and the hennessey venom gt for example. these are probably my favourite american cars ever built. and like is an understatement, i love these cars, especially the chrisler and the venom. i would love to own or drive one of these cars. i give respect where respect is due, its not like i dont like american cars just because they are american.

not a fan of muscle cars, especially mustangs etc. thats just my taste. honestly i wouldnt even want to drive one if offered, but being a car freak i would drive it though, but not for long. :) that loooong front and short back is an automatic nono for me.

last, the one thing that does make me sad about the cars here in holland is i never see a v12 lambo, nobody i know has one nor have i ever seen one on the public roads (only in car shows). i know at least 4 people who have had gallardos, but no murc, diabo or aventador. damn, not even a countach.

1 final thing though, do you also get in trouble in america when you buy and sell too many cars in a year? ive gotten warnings from the irs for changing too many cars in too short of a timespan. as if i were selling it as a garage and making money of of it and not paying taxes afterwards (have to sign cars on others names to avoid this, bs rule imo but i understand where they are coming from).

edit: tmo?

the one thing i know about most american cars is that they go fast in a straight line. handling in corners is bad and top speed usually is not that high.
Not completely true at all. Again I am not a huge fan of American muscle either (the newer things that is) but you are talking out of your rear here. If you research a little...the Corvette C6 ZR1 and Z06 both ran the Nurburgring FASTER than a Porsche GT2 RS. The Porsche was run again and beat the Vettes but all I am saying is advances in technology have been made where the American muscle is no longer a one tune band!

evilGnius, I agree.
Not every American Car only goes fast in a straight line.
The current gen ford mustangs have amazing performance around the race track. A 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 was compared to a bmw M3 e92 on motor trend and the same racing driver drove both cars around the same course, the mustang was less than a 10th of a second slower than the M3. The 2012 Boss 302 LS was able to not only beat a M3, but also a Ferrari California, Audi R8, & Aston Martin DBS on Laguna Seca Raceway. The Dodge Viper ACR is also the 4th fastest car on the nurburgring.

This certainly seems to be the case among GT fanbois.

The Dodge Viper ACR is also the 4th fastest car on the nurburgring.

I was just about to mention this! I forgot to add that to my post. And the Viper has never been know to be a handling king so the fact that it holds one of the top 5 fastest times at the Ring says something

Please get back to me when you list the American cars you've owned, driven, or had experience with. I'm very much convinced that you're only basing your opinion and poor judgement off of the looks of the cars, and that, my friend, is very naive.

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona is a car that will always come before the expensive euros and most JDMs, and I'm a huge JDM guy (AE86 is #1 in my book) so no, American cars are not garbage. Look at the dodge vipers and corvette ZR1s, American automotive performance has come a very long way from just going fast in a straight line

ive driven a couple, corvette stingray, lots of fords, couple of chryslers. the fords and chryslers have a higher quality control than cars for the us (because they are meant for the eu), so in general they are quite decent cars.

i generally dislike trucks and suv's, how much of the us market is that? also in general american sport cars are really bad to drive, the vette sure as was. most people i know that have american sport cars bought them because they like that style, not because they drive better than their eu counterparts.

last, ive driven more than a 100 (a lot more probably) different cars, have owned a variety of automobiles ranging from cheap clios and golfs to benzes, beemers and porsches. ive driven even more as i have a lot friends and relatives that also own exclusive cars like gallardos, 430, bentleys a veyron and many more different cars. for the most part ive also driven most of their cars (in excess of over 280kmh on highways) and am perfectly capable of judging cars for myself.

in general never once have i heared ANYBODY praising american cars. in general the people who do praise them ar hard rock wannabe people who want to own an old mustang, when they finally get their licence or enough money. besides people like this probably only americans that like american cars. most normal people and people that actually know cars wouldn't buy an american.

the best american cars are the cheap hatchbacks like the focus that are meant for the eu market. for all the other segments, there are eu cars in the same class that do the job much better, have a far higher quality and durability and look better as well. they are in general more expensive, but the quality is much higher as well.

in short, europeans make the best cars.

Shelby Cobra 427 and ford GT40, once these cars were made, I guess every super car and LM race car since then was a copy of these two cars, including European, I mean how many wins did these cars get in racing compared to the best euro race cars of their time? Exactly, silence!

General Gameplay Options
> A D1 spec, maybe even a semi proper one
> More singleplayer modes for Drifting
> Higher credit cap, 20M is simply not enough
> Smoke in 2P Split Screen
More car visuals options eg;
>> Vinyls
>> Custom decal/vinyl editor (maybe similair to NFS: Carbon) (Livery editor)
>> Decals
>> Custom paint editor (maybe similair to Forza or NFS: Carbon) (Livery editor)
>> UNDERGLOW
>> Lot's of hues and intensities for underglow
>> WINDOW TINTING
>> Lot's of hues and intensities for window tints
>> More aftermarket options
>> Different wing options for each car instead of the stock three for every car
>> At least three different body kits for each car that are unique to that car
>> More body kits
>> All premium models ( I know that would take a long time but I think we all agree it's worth it)
>> A market to buy paints instead of having to scour through the used car dealership for a car with the colour you want!
>> Option to choose whether to have a convertible top up or down. This option is given in the in race menu just before the race
>> More options for tire wear eg; No wear/wear/can actually blow out/can actually blow out and wear down to rims
AI options
> Option to turn off skid recovery force for AI
> Option to turn mode of driving for AI eg; Aggressive/Sunday Driver (Cautious)/Proffessional Racer/Simulation/Drifters
> Option to limit PP and Tunes in singleplayer practice mode
> Option to limit cars in singleplayer practice mode

Underglow? Go play need for speed then, most of the other stuff makes sense but that's just not important In a race, I would love to have a used wheel dealer that have rare JDM, EDM, and USDM wheels with rough edges, scratches etc to give the car some character, like old school JDM cars like the hakosuka GT-R having these beat up and scratched Watanabe wheels and then being able to take pics of them in their unrestored beauty, that would be cool

I admit under glow is a bit out there but I like it in the er34 d1 spec '03 something similair would be cool.

I'd also like to see the sub-deslerships like how in GT4 there was Nissan or whatever manufacturer and the if you went into the Nismo tuning shop you could get the full body Nismo cars. Scrap the seperate tuning part and just keep the sub-dealership.

B-Spec Mode options
>Fastforward
Replay Theatre
>Fastforward
Dealerships
>Bring back tuner sub-manufacturers like in GT4 mentioned above

GT6 will benefit from being on the next gen console (PS4)

Why do you think that? The ps4 hasn't even been announced yet.

PS4 News January 11th, 2013 -- Sony CEO Admits PS4 May Not Be Near?

President and CEO of Sony Kaz Hirai responded to fans' clamoring for information about the Sony PlayStation 4 console at CES 2013: "We've very happy with the way that the PlayStation 3 has grown over the years. Obviously a lot of interaction with the PlayStation Vita as well. All of the gaming fans out there, you probably know that we don't talk about future generation technologies until we're ready to launch it in a big way."

While this doesn't necessarily suggest that Sony isn't close to announcing the PlayStation 4, many fans wonder whether the news will be delayed yet another year as Sony further develops the technology.

President and CEO of Sony Kaz Hirai responded to fans' clamoring for information about the Sony PlayStation 4 console at CES 2013: "We've very happy with the way that the PlayStation 3 has grown over the years. Obviously a lot of interaction with the PlayStation Vita as well. All of the gaming fans out there, you probably know that we don't talk about future generation technologies until we're ready to launch it in a big way."

While this doesn't necessarily suggest that Sony isn't close to announcing the PlayStation 4, many fans wonder whether the news will be delayed yet another year as Sony further develops the technology.

The moment they announce PS4 or even hint its near PS3 sales will suffer. They will remain tight lipped until the very day they announce it.

I'm just hoping for races and championships I can sink my teeth into. 95% of GT5 felt like exhibition races with no real point or meaning. I think we all want full race weekends. Practice on Friday, qualify on Saturday, the race on Sunday.

I've spent A LOT of time on gt5 wither just to pass some time or have some fun, and I've found A LOT of problems here is a list of things that I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) would like to see added and/or fixed.

Cars:
> Reasonable prices with reasonable sell back prices (say 2/3 off the lot? -how ever much for miles and + how ever much for upgrades).
> New car dealerships have MORE cars in them (old and new).
> Refresh rate on the 'Online dealership' needs to be faster or should be changed to 'Seasonal Dealership'.
> A real online dealership should be added ware players can put up tuned or untuned cars up for however many credits they choose.
> An auction house ware players can bid for or put up rare, tuned, or odd cars.
> More cars or faster refresh rate in the used car dealership(s).

Tuning (part adding):
> More parts to buy (Headers, inter coolers, fans, spark plugs, etc, etc).
> Name brand parts, with each having advantages and disadvantages (such as the real products).
> An auto tuning function for base builds (like the starting point build for a drift or drag car).
> More tuning options such as tire pressure and when the turbo kicks in.
> Nitrous Oxide or n2o (I mean common if your the 'real driving simulator' this should be a no brainier)...
> More tuning slots

Customization (Looks):
> Decals.
> Vinyls.
> A paint shop!!! (hate looking for the paint I want...)
> Livery editor.
> More rim selections.
> Window tinting (hue, color, etc).
> Neon lighting (would be pretty cool).
> A better and wider body kit selection (wings, side skirts, fenders, roof scoops, hoods, etc with the option to have them as carbon fiber ofc).
> Interior (would be nice).

Courses:
> The option to do regulation laps.
> The use of the pace cars.
> Better animated pit crew.
> A pit captain (or whatever he is called) talking to you from the pits (with the option to turn this off).
> More variety.

Course editor:
> More scenery selections.
> Better point to point editing options.
> Items or textures you can add to the track to effect the way cars handle or to put barriers and curbs around the track.

Modes:
> A real drag racing mode with different increments (1/4, 1/2, 1 mile, etc).
> The use of drifting modes and such in singer player carrier.
> More seasonal drifting selections.
> The option to select drifting modes for online play.
> A demolition derby mode (to get rid of the ramming noobs).

Photo shooting:
> More places to photo shoot.
> More shooting angles.
> The ability to add effects to images (smoke, lighting, sparks, snow, rain, etc).

Replay:
> Slow/Fast-mo.
> Again, better shooting options.
> Better angels to view replay.

Trading
> Unlimited trading per day.
> Restriction of the trading of certain cars.
> The ability to trade at the same time to avoid scamming.
> The ability of trading cars for credits.

Duplication patching/detection
> Have cars have bar codes like real cars, cars with the same bar code as the original are branded as 'untradable' (or deleted) users that try to trade these cars are added to a 'blacklist' or gets a temp ban from trading.

Kirby12111
I've spent A LOT of time on gt5 wither just to pass some time or have some fun, and I've found A LOT of problems here is a list of things that I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) would like to see added and/or fixed.

Cars:
> Reasonable prices with reasonable sell back prices (say 2/3 off the lot? -how ever much for miles and + how ever much for upgrades).
> New car dealerships have MORE cars in them (old and new).
> Refresh rate on the 'Online dealership' needs to be faster or should be changed to 'Seasonal Dealership'.
> A real online dealership should be added ware players can put up tuned or untuned cars up for however many credits they choose.
> An auction house ware players can bid for or put up rare, tuned, or odd cars.
> More cars or faster refresh rate in the used car dealership(s).

Tuning (part adding):
> More parts to buy (Headers, inter coolers, fans, spark plugs, etc, etc).
> Name brand parts, with each having advantages and disadvantages (such as the real products).
> An auto tuning function for base builds (like the starting point build for a drift or drag car).
> More tuning options such as tire pressure and when the turbo kicks in.
> Nitrous Oxide or n2o (I mean common if your the 'real driving simulator' this should be a no brainier)...
> More tuning slots

Customization (Looks):
> Decals.
> Vinyls.
> A paint shop!!! (hate looking for the paint I want...)
> Livery editor.
> More rim selections.
> Window tinting (hue, color, etc).
> Neon lighting (would be pretty cool).
> A better and wider body kit selection (wings, side skirts, fenders, roof scoops, hoods, etc with the option to have them as carbon fiber ofc).
> Interior (would be nice).

Courses:
> The option to do regulation laps.
> The use of the pace cars.
> Better animated pit crew.
> A pit captain (or whatever he is called) talking to you from the pits (with the option to turn this off).
> More variety.

Course editor:
> More scenery selections.
> Better point to point editing options.
> Items or textures you can add to the track to effect the way cars handle or to put barriers and curbs around the track.

Modes:
> A real drag racing mode with different increments (1/4, 1/2, 1 mile, etc).
> The use of drifting modes and such in singer player carrier.
> More seasonal drifting selections.
> The option to select drifting modes for online play.
> A demolition derby mode (to get rid of the ramming noobs).

Photo shooting:
> More places to photo shoot.
> More shooting angles.
> The ability to add effects to images (smoke, lighting, sparks, snow, rain, etc).

Replay:
> Slow/Fast-mo.
> Again, better shooting options.
> Better angels to view replay.

Trading
> Unlimited trading per day.
> Restriction of the trading of certain cars.
> The ability to trade at the same time to avoid scamming.
> The ability of trading cars for credits.

Duplication patching/detection
> Have cars have bar codes like real cars, cars with the same bar code as the original are branded as 'untradable' (or deleted) users that try to trade these cars are added to a 'blacklist' or gets a temp ban from trading.

I agree with everything aside from neons leave that in NFS.

What a sensationalist headline and summary.

If PS4 is going to be announced on E3 this year, I would also keep my mouth shut half a year before it. As soon as PS4 is announced without backwards compatibility, PS3 would die for many die-hard fans, i.e. no more game purchases, maybe no more PSN+ subscriptions etc.

Exactly. What did they expect him to say "Yeah PS3 operations are folding down somewhat, we'll be announcing the PS4 in six months and then all focus will switch to that, PS3 games will be pretty thin on the ground after that, but we'll keep supporting it."

They aren't going to talk about PS4 in a matter of fact manner until they've revealed it.

SimonK
Exactly. What did they expect him to say "Yeah PS3 operations are folding down somewhat, we'll be announcing the PS4 in six months and then all focus will switch to that, PS3 games will be pretty thin on the ground after that, but we'll keep supporting it."

They aren't going to talk about PS4 in a matter of fact manner until they've revealed it.

From a business stand point talking about the ps4 and date would hurt sales so you would keep it quiet to continue receiving revenue from the ps3 and games.

Just my 2cents:
- Color-circle instead of paint chips. Choose any RGB-color you want including a live-preview before painting
- Optional "Free Training" and "Qualifying" before races, i.e. a chance to start not from last position
- Weather on more tracks, also day to night-changes
- Set aggression and skills-level for AI-drivers
- Better replay with smoother controls and the ability to send a reply via menu to an GT5 Online-friend
- Statistics after the race (per driver and in total: Lap times, overtaking counter, fastest lap times) comparable to old EA-sports games
- Information in the race: interval to first and next drivers
- Race History: See which race/event was raced using which car including detailed settings
- Friends' Wall: See what friends were driving and what they achieved. Ability to challenge them and get a note when friends finish a race successfully (c.f. "Autolog")
- Garage-Icon in Training, GT Auto and PhotoMode
- Online: Better garage selection, i.e. with several filters i.e. country, time span, PP-range, weight-range and save lobby settings
- Online Championship Mode (define races, no. of laps, automatic score-assignment to players)
- Online Team Mode: Race together in teams
- Decals/Customization
- Online: Add AI-drivers to the grid

I admit under glow is a bit out there but I like it in the er34 d1 spec '03 something similair would be cool.

I'd also like to see the sub-deslerships like how in GT4 there was Nissan or whatever manufacturer and the if you went into the Nismo tuning shop you could get the full body Nismo cars. Scrap the seperate tuning part and just keep the sub-dealership.

B-Spec Mode options
>Fastforward
Replay Theatre
>Fastforward
Dealerships
>Bring back tuner sub-manufacturers like in GT4 mentioned above

Yes, everything about this makes perfect sense, I'd love to have Nismo cars available (Z-tune isn't in the game and it makes me sad) and everything else, Mugen, mazadaspeed, TRD WOULD BE SO AWESOME! TRD GT86!!! FTW!

Photo mode should also show up the flames
Coming out from the exhaust, and things like fireworks on special stage 7, I tried taking epic pics with these factors involved and was a bit let down

Danknasty86
Photo mode should also show up the flames
Coming out from the exhaust, and things like fireworks on special stage 7, I tried taking epic pics with these factors involved and was a bit let down

You have to fiddle with the focus? That thing that goes up to 1000 or something like that... the frames per second! Fiddle with that for a bit. Also there is a thread showcasing pics of backfire from other players.

An autovista mode just like in Forza with Clarkson giving you a brief description of the car. His description of an LFA in Forza Horizon: "...This is a Lexus; in the same way that I'm a 400 meter runner. In other words, this isn't a Lexus. It's Toyota showing off what they can do..." Clarkson, you comic you....

BTW, why is Clarkson with Forza??? He did an episode to see whether he could beat his time set in a Honda NSX in Laguna Seca in a videogame (GT4 on PS2) in real life.

Last edited:
Not completely true at all. Again I am not a huge fan of American muscle either (the newer things that is) but you are talking out of your rear here. If you research a little...the Corvette C6 ZR1 and Z06 both ran the Nurburgring FASTER than a Porsche GT2 RS. The Porsche was run again and beat the Vettes but all I am saying is advances in technology have been made where the American muscle is no longer a one tune band!

thats only a couple that do good, and the last models to be exact. what about all the other generations of muscle untill the last 3 or 4 that actually do handleok to good.

also back on topic, what i would want to see the most is gt6 on ps3, and no ps4 till late 2014, preferably even later.

Back