Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
No. That business model leads to the full content (if you want it all) costing a lot more than it would if it was all sold in one package to begin with. I mean imagine some of GT5's stuff as a module at the DLC prices? The game would have cost $100+.

If I recall correctly, SimBin did/does that with their Race07 series, and honestly I don't have a problem with expandable modules. As long as the base content is good I think it's fine.
As with DLC, it's not like they are forcing you to buy all the extra modules.
But that's just my opinion. ;-)

Should have the ability to customize your own racing helmet(s),helmet visors ,suit(s), gloves, shoes, cars trucks, and karts. (Or if there was a way to download paint schemes) Like in Iracing. This would be great for leagues, teams, or just for fun. Also Different(real) Brands of helmets,gloves, suits,and shoes.(bell, impact,simpion,arai etc...)

I would like fuel on all the time. We would have to pay to refuel. And whatever fuel we have at the start of a race effects our race weight. Regarding time/weather change(don't know if this has been discussed), I would like the hosts time zone reflected on the circuit- day/night/rain/cloudy/sunny etc. even racing alone in GT Mode, we have the time and date displayed on the top RH corner, why not have online update weather conditions on our tracks(of course if its snowing and its a circuit like Daytona it would be rain). Refuelling prices could be up to 1000cr for full tank.

Oh wait! Used cars! A car I sell in my garage, goes straight to an online dealership for market value of the same make/year/model. If I want to buy it back, I must pay the full amount I invested.

I would like fuel on all the time. We would have to pay to refuel. And whatever fuel we have at the start of a race effects our race weight. Regarding time/weather change(don't know if this has been discussed), I would like the hosts time zone reflected on the circuit- day/night/rain/cloudy/sunny etc. even racing alone in GT Mode, we have the time and date displayed on the top RH corner, why not have online update weather conditions on our tracks(of course if its snowing and its a circuit like Daytona it would be rain). Refuelling prices could be up to 1000cr for full tank.

Fuel on all the time: H*** NO!!! There is an option for fuel consumption for a reason, and I don't want be drifting and then be out of fuel suddenly...
Fuel effecting weight: Yea would be cool when fuel is on.
Host time zones: There is a reason there is things called time change and weather change.
Credits for refuel: Again H*** NO!!! It's already hard enough to earn credits to buy the overpriced cars, you, sir are out of your mind...

Fuel on all the time: H*** NO!!! There is an option for fuel consumption for a reason, and I don't want be drifting and then be out of fuel suddenly...
Fuel effecting weight: Yea would be cool when fuel is on.
Host time zones: There is a reason there is things called time change and weather change.
Credits for refuel: Again H*** NO!!! It's already hard enough to earn credits to buy the overpriced cars, you, sir are out of your mind...

Hahaha that's funny!

Really, though. As the real driving simulator, that's the challenge of managing your fuel in a racing/drifting scenario.

The change time weather would optional as it is but, default to real time weather when you sign on.

50cr for oil change and you get a bit of hp. How about regular fuel would add that same amount for 1000cr and premium grade double it for 1500cr. It's like buying the computer chip. It's something new to manage and adds realism like the simulator it is.
I think it would be fun.

Hahaha that's funny!

Really, though. As the real driving simulator, that's the challenge of managing your fuel in a racing/drifting scenario.

The change time weather would optional as it is but, default to real time weather when you sign on.

50cr for oil change and you get a bit of hp. How about regular fuel would add that same amount for 1000cr and premium grade double it for 1500cr. It's like buying the computer chip. It's something new to manage and adds realism like the simulator it is.
I think it would be fun.

Again, out of your mind. And again there is an option for gas consumption already. Yes gas consumption in the offline events would be cool but the races are so short it won't matter either way. You have to think in the long run how often does someone pit for gas (every 15-20 laps on 2.5 mile tracks). So your idea is unfortunately useless and the idea for paying credits for gas is a bad one. Sorry.

Oh wait! Used cars! A car I sell in my garage, goes straight to an online dealership for market value of the same make/year/model. If I want to buy it back, I must pay the full amount I invested.

As much as I like most of the suggestions, I certainly do not like the "pay for gas" idea.
While it would add a certain form of extra realism it would mean that you would also have to implement paying for a new set of tyres in a pitstop when you change them, seeing that tyres also have to be changed every so often.

Money really isn't an issue with the seasonals now but if PD decides to pull the plug on the seasonals it would actually demand quite a lot of cost-calculating when entering an endurance race. How frustrating would it be when you're 3/4 into a 24 hour race, only to find out that you don't have enough money to refill your tank and get a new set of fresh tyres?

Last edited:
Hahaha that's funny!

I think it would be fun.

Your idea of fun is a little different than mine. There is a such thing as putting too much realism into a game. Your idea though could be used in a hard difficulty option.

The main reason why I'm against real life ideas like this one is, because I like to play driving games to get away from the issues of real life driving and they give me a chance to remind myself the real pleasures of driving without the real life issues getting in the way. Adding more real life qualities to GT such as paying for gas and some other suggestions people left can ruin that joy.

Last edited:
Exactly, it's a videogame. For fun. We all just imagine that fuel is taken care of in the virtual world, having a virtual petrol station that we have to keep going to would be ridiculous tedium, just like oil change and car wash already is.

Exactly, it's a videogame. For fun. We all just imagine that fuel is taken care of in the virtual world, having a virtual petrol station that we have to keep going to would be ridiculous tedium, just like oil change and car wash already is.

THANK YOU! This is what Ive been trying to say.

Dunno if anyone's said this yet, but I'd like it if you could damage the wall or fence around a track when you hit it.

Dunno if anyone's said this yet, but I'd like it if you could damage the wall or fence around a track when you hit it.

I would certainly like to see tracks become more dynamic in general, more destructible objects and less invisible barriers. I'm probably alone on this but I'd also like to see the fantasy tracks being made more realistic, whilst a real track might run around mountain/rocky roads they would never, ever race with nothing protecting the rockfaces. It's hard to take a sim seriously with barefaced rocks to crash into on a track. Mountain roads being used as tracks I can accept but not purpose built racetracks like Trial Mountain. They need making more realistic with barriers of some sort.

Like Potrero de los Funes Circuit in Argentina

tc-san-luis.jpg

Agreed.

I'd also like it if you could shred your tires and/or blow them out. As much as the Speed 12 burns out, it's very unrealistic to see it sit there and spin for 3 minutes and only lose about half of it's tread.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I'd also like it if you could shred your tires and/or blow them out. As much as the Speed 12 burns out, it's very unrealistic to see it sit there and spin for 3 minutes and only lose about half of it's tread.

I wonder how many problems like this are because of incompetence or trying to please the casual fanbase.

Why cant PD add realistic/tough features, and then to make them not so overwhelming turn them off by default.

I wonder how many problems like this are because of incompetence or trying to please the casual fanbase.

Why cant PD add realistic/tough features, and then to make them not so overwhelming turn them off by default.

They've done this with a lot of things. But I'm not giving up on them just yet. They've still done very well so far for the most part, and we still don't know what GT6 is going to offer.

Maybe for online play, you can fully set what cars you can and can not drive in, instead of trying to rely on PP to keep out X1s/F1s/Veyrons. And a way to save those settings, making things faster.

I'd LOVE it if you could set a speed limit as the host. I hate when I join or create a cruise room, and everyone is doing around 80mph, cruising in a nice realistic formation, and then some bafoon joins and starts speeding around in a Veyron.

So if they added a feature where the host could set a speed limit of, say, 85mph, then that speed couldn't be exceeded by anyone in the room.

Last point. When we first cracked open Gran Turismo, we had to start with a bone stock AE86. Drive it around lots just to buy a racing trans and stickier tyres and weight loss 1. Then we had to make sure we did the License thing before we could release our more competitive cars to enter the next events. That was how all this started. PD have made it very easy( I guess to appease the masses of racers who may feel the Sim part of GT is a bit much) to jump in and "earn"-very loosely, not "learn" levelling up to access faster rides.

The "getting away from real life" aspect of GT was pretty much learning, earning and making the fantasy of owning that Corvette or Viper and actually racing it on Midfield and watching that replay of the car diving, rolling, pitching, passing, jumping, sliding doing things we wanted to do in the real world with cars we would never see in real life.

I respect everyone's opinion, for sure but, endurance races are part of GT. It gave us a chance to run against the big dogs in the game. Maybe I'm too old school with what I would like to see and the 200% on a 500,000cr seasonal has made this game less like a sim with less reward for accomplishment. I think the most difficult part of this game is hoping the guy next to you in that room of "Clean Racing" gives you room or brakes early at that first chicane in Monza.

New photo mode locations and maybe some from GT4.

I would personally be happy if most of the race courses in the games had time & weather changes. Especially some race courses that had indications of weather and time change in the past. Ex: Seattle Circuit (Noon in GT2/NSX Trailer, Sunset in GT3/4), Deep Forest (Sunset in GT1 & 2, Daytime in GT4&5), Special Stage Route 5 (had a wet version in GT3), Tsukuba Circuit (had a wet version in GT4).

They should ALL have weather and time change, it should be a global feature.

I'm gonna add to this. Whatever the time zone is for a certain world circuit, it should follow the real time change.

So, say it's 8:00 PM at the Nurburgring in real life. In the game, it would also be 8:00 PM at the Nurburgring. Get what I'm saying? I can't think of a better way to explain it.

I'm gonna add to this. Whatever the time zone is for a certain world circuit, it should follow the real time change.

So, say it's 8:00 PM at the Nurburgring in real life. In the game, it would also be 8:00 PM at the Nurburgring. Get what I'm saying? I can't think of a better way to explain it.

It's a nice idea but it would have to be able to be turned off because otherwise people in other timezones would only ever see it in one light setting.

It's a nice idea but it would have to be able to be turned off because otherwise people in other timezones would only ever see it in one light setting.

Okay. Then there could be the true time option, or changeable time. :)

This for the online section.

The ability where AI's automatically fill in the the remaining slots. Lets say the the room is setup for 16players, while waiting for other players to join, AI's will fill in the remaining empty slots to race with. (AI's should be at the best level to be race with) To make it more interesting.

This for the online section.

The ability where AI's automatically fill in the the remaining slots. Lets say the the room is setup for 16players, while waiting for other players to join, AI's will fill in the remaining empty slots to race with. (AI's should be at the best level to be race with) To make it more interesting.

This is a lovely idea. :)

Back