Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
The ability to take photos of the engine bay and interior without glitching the game.

Imagine parking the car up in photo mode but with the doors open

Or youve done some major engine mods and get to have the bonnet up to show all the work youve done.

which brings me to another point, customisation of the the engine bay? Want your engine colour coded, or chromed? want red or blue leads? why not give the option to do this in a simple colour change, like with the rims?

It's not my cup of tea but yes in general they need to start modelling cars more than just the outside. As far as I know the only cars with any modelling underneath the bonnet and in other areas are the WRC cars. Most cars don't even have the inside of wheels/tyres modelled.

It's not my cup of tea but yes in general they need to start modelling cars more than just the outside. As far as I know the only cars with any modelling underneath the bonnet and in other areas are the WRC cars. Most cars don't even have the inside of wheels/tyres modelled.

True its a hell of a lot of work and god knows how Kaz's OCD will kick in with the engine bays, but some engines are almost works of art and worth seeing.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I'd like an option tinker with the sports ECU that you can buy and install.
I would love to be able to adjust my air to fuel-ratio and some other stuff you can do with plugin-modules like a PowerCommander.

Seeing that we can already adjust our suspension to our personal preference, why not the fueling ?

Would be nice though dont you think... :sly:

Yeah I'd you want more standard cars than premium just like GT5, the interior shouldn't matter so much, they should give the same amount of detail on the interior as they do with the exterior of standard cars

A thread like this is a good idea, but ultimately Kaz is never gonna read through this whole thing. I wish there could be a way to vote on everyones ideas and the top rated ideas could then be "made known" to Kaz and his team.

nonetheless, here goes my nitpicking...

- Wind noise! I understand some people don't like it loud, so make the volume adjustable (and bring back the buffeting wind noise from gt4, not this wishy washy "white noise" crap thats barely in the game now - in fact is it even wind noise?? maybe road noise.)

- Desktop theme for home screen. Why does GT have an amazing photomode with no where to put these beautiful photos?? I have to look at the ugly clustered home page everytime i play GT. A simple setup that Windows has been using for years with small icons for garage, race, online etc would be perfect. In fact I would use photomode a lot more if I was greeted with my photos everytime.

- Access garage from track screen. Why do I have to exit out of everything to get back to my garage when I am practicing on a track?

- Make start-race-count-down-timer visible when tuning car online. This is a no brainer. How many times have you missed the start of the race because you didnt know it was starting!

- Custom cockpit view angles. Setup AND SAVE seating position for each car. Horizontal and vertically. Some cars are too close, others too far.

- Garage theme choices. Im not a fan of the "black with smoke" garage. Make more options available. The garage from forza is nice, maybe a parking lot? how about a scenic landscape. It should be changeable and saved as a preference. That leads me to my next sugguestion...

- Save garage menu settings. If i want to organize my garage by MAKE, let me save it!!! I dont want to go back into my garage everyday only to find its organized by "last used" because thats what Kaz wants.

- Music Identifier. Ever hear a song playing you didnt like? How do you know what song to remove from your playlist? I believe gt4 had this during the replays. Id like to see it for the menus as well.

and my last complaint.....

- Subaru STi 2010 instrument cluster is too small. WAY too small.

- Wind noise! I understand some people don't like it loud, so make the volume adjustable (and bring back the buffeting wind noise from gt4, not this wishy washy "white noise" crap thats barely in the game now - in fact is it even wind noise?? maybe road noise.)

Just turn the wind down, it's waaaay too loud. I think quite a few people would agree they want to hear moar engines.

- Access garage from track screen. Why do I have to exit out of everything to get back to my garage when I am practicing on a track?

Well technically, it would be hard IRL to bring a whole garage to a track, wouldn't it? ;)

- Make start-race-count-down-timer visible when tuning car online. This is a no brainer. How many times have you missed the start of the race because you didnt know it was starting!

Or make it disappear completely. Or extend it to like 1 minute.

- Custom cockpit view angles. Setup AND SAVE seating position for each car. Horizontal and vertically. Some cars are too close, others too far.

This so much. California - the steering wheel covers a quite a part of view.

- Garage theme choices. Im not a fan of the "black with smoke" garage. Make more options available. The garage from forza is nice, maybe a parking lot? how about a scenic landscape. It should be changeable and saved as a preference. That leads me to my next sugguestion...

Interesting idea with that parking lot thing. How about one of those robo-parking lots?

- Save garage menu settings. If i want to organize my garage by MAKE, let me save it!!! I dont want to go back into my garage everyday only to find its organized by "last used" because thats what Kaz wants.

Barely disturbing IMO. Nothing hard in changing it, but the loading time is longish for such a thing.

- Music Identifier. Ever hear a song playing you didnt like? How do you know what song to remove from your playlist? I believe gt4 had this during the replays. Id like to see it for the menus as well.

In GT4 that helped me countless times.

- Subaru STi 2010 instrument cluster is too small. WAY too small.

I wouldn't count on improving it, unless PD REALLY puts a MASSIVE emphasis on small details.

The garage layout from GT4 was so much better than GT5, so I would like to see that return for GT6.

I dunno I like the GT5 better, but what they should do is make the GT6 layout kind of similar to GT5 but make it better. They should make a option where you can lower the game sound and make the people who are speaking online louder. So basically have game sound option and voice option :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I was thinking of having shift delays, like when you press the paddle shifter for a car for example, there is a short delay before it changes. I think this can add to the realism.

but you can already make your own music playlist...

Which they need to make easier I think. I added songs, but the stupid thing only plays like 3 of them over and over again which is real annoying. If the music editor was a little more user friendly, the ability to see what songs were added from MY playlist and an easier way to choose what rotation they played. In other words, when the menu is up I want maybe 2 songs to play and have a bigger selection running during races. I know that is how they meant to set it up but it doesn't work nearly as well as it could or should

Which they need to make easier I think. I added songs, but the stupid thing only plays like 3 of them over and over again which is real annoying. If the music editor was a little more user friendly, the ability to see what songs were added from MY playlist and an easier way to choose what rotation they played. In other words, when the menu is up I want maybe 2 songs to play and have a bigger selection running during races. I know that is how they meant to set it up but it doesn't work nearly as well as it could or should

Same here, out of my songs I only hear 2 or 3 of them, over and over again, even if I've got 20 or so songs added to the library...
But then again, it's nice to be able to use your own music so if they, like you said, make it more user friendly it would be even better

It's my silly idea, but I sort of miss the old car dealership system from the early GT games.

I would like to see GT6 have a simple dealership style like this:
GranTurismo5-ClassicEdition_zps759cf6c1.jpg

Of course, not exactly like this, just a good combination of Retro GT with Modern GT. This is just a simple edit I made with paintshop. Rather than mesh all of the car makes together in one dealership. Like in GT3, you should be able to pick a country before picking a car make.

It's my silly idea, but I sort of miss the old car dealership system from the early GT games.

I would like to see GT6 have a simple dealership style like this:

Of course, not exactly like this, just a good combination of Retro GT with Modern GT. This is just a simple edit I made with paintshop. Rather than mesh all of the car makes together in one dealership. Like in GT3, you should be able to pick a country before picking a car make.

That was one of my favorite things about the old games. I was literally thinking about exactly this just earlier.

I was thinking...in GT5 there is an online dealership. What if in GT6 the online dealership sells only online feature cars. So features from Speedhunters, lateral-G.net and the likes to add some real life built cars that we all drool over. So we could buy the Inciner8or:
1203531130_f.jpg

0504sc_01z+1957_chevrolet_convertible+turbochargers.jpg

a moddestly tuned 700HP, 8 turbocharged LS-1 V8 beast. The online dealership should be setup this way imo

I was thinking...in GT5 there is an online dealership. What if in GT6 the online dealership sells only online feature cars. So features from Speedhunters, lateral-G.net and the likes to add some real life built cars that we all drool over. So we could buy the Inciner8or:
1203531130_f.jpg

0504sc_01z+1957_chevrolet_convertible+turbochargers.jpg

a moddestly tuned 700HP, 8 turbocharged LS-1 V8 beast. The online dealership should be setup this way imo

If they would do that, I'd imagine it would replace buying the cars in the Playstation Store. While it would be handy if they could make it work so that you can actually buy DLC-cars without exiting the playstation-store, it could mean that the new OCD could contain free and payable cars.

Otherwise, if they stick to the non-DLC principle, it would bore quite fast, as there probably wouldn't be that many feature cars included because they would have to model them first.
And knowing the speed at which cars get modeled ( look at the DLC ), it would take ages to refresh the OCD.

I would actually like it if they keep it the way it is right now, saved myself quite a lot of "let's skip game day" GT5 play-sessions just to get that one car that I wanted but just wouldn't pop up in the UCD

I would really like for the free dlc to just be given to you, so that you don't have to go and buy a free thing to get a file that is already in the game.

i think graphics and physics are fine. only minimal changes should be made.
but i would like to see more realistic damage like,
parts flying off the car and hitting cars behind you.
tire punchers from debris on track, or cut by anoher car.
if you hit a wall to fast your done your car will not move and might even catch fire. but i dont know about completely totaled cars like in uhh, NFS prostreet i think.
fluids on the track like oil, and tranny fluid.
in gt4 you could keep current tires take no fuel, and do a DRIVE THRU PENALTY. i was all when i saw that you cant anymore.
id like to see every track have time and weather change, and its stupid to make 2 different versions of the ring, 1 with time/weather change, and 1 not.

and i know nothing about programing video games, but i bet that every thing could be done with updates to gt5

When the track map is displayed during the race I would like it if the rivals in first, second and third were highlighted in gold, silver and bronze. Currently with lapped traffic it makes it very difficult to tell positions by looking at the map, as the time between 1st and 2nd only allows for a rough estimation.

If they would do that, I'd imagine it would replace buying the cars in the Playstation Store. While it would be handy if they could make it work so that you can actually buy DLC-cars without exiting the playstation-store, it could mean that the new OCD could contain free and payable cars.

Otherwise, if they stick to the non-DLC principle, it would bore quite fast, as there probably wouldn't be that many feature cars included because they would have to model them first.
And knowing the speed at which cars get modeled ( look at the DLC ), it would take ages to refresh the OCD.

I would actually like it if they keep it the way it is right now, saved myself quite a lot of "let's skip game day" GT5 play-sessions just to get that one car that I wanted but just wouldn't pop up in the UCD

I can see what you are saying, but I wish they could seriously integrate it somehow. I mean even if they take their time and create some Internet DLC cars that would work. THere are way too many insane "internet" feature cars that could be represented to be ignored.

They would just promise you to win this time around, to just trust them and then, in the end, just screw it up like the last time, just like their real-life counterparts :lol:

oh yes we can, lol.

too bad they never finish sentences.

it should have been: yes we can stay as corrupted as ever.:yuck:

Back