Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
evilGnius
How about some nice curvy digital staging girls before the race. LoL

You gonna get distracted from the race. Sitting there for hours just starring at her.

Last edited by a moderator:
You gonna get distracted from the race. Sitting there for hours just starring at her.
Nah, just adding some more racing aspects to the game. But, with that said, some DOA type in there would be cool. I think they could also do rolling staging with a safety car. I think GT is an awesome game but I think there are little things that could give it some more umph...nothing major

Last edited by a moderator:
evilGnius
Nah, just adding some more racing aspects to the game. But, with that said, some DOA type in there would be cool. I think they could also do rolling staging with a safety car. I think GT is an awesome game but I think there are little things that could give it some more umph...nothing major

Know would be cool. Before the race starts( a spec) there is the race director of that race.Talks to you briefly( like 5-10 secs). Same as for b spec, except your the director this time. That would be realistic

Know would be cool. Before the race starts( a spec) there is the race director of that race.Talks to you briefly( like 5-10 secs). Same as for b spec, except your the director this time. That would be realistic

Yeah they do....I wish they would get rid of B-spec and add more junk we actually want to use. I don't feel like I am doing anything with B-spec...it bores me.

evilGnius
Yeah they do....I wish they would get rid of B-spec and add more junk we actually want to use. I don't feel like I am doing anything with B-spec...it bores me.

Yeah its like your spectating and gambling on a race. More a spec races ,more classic/new races. Like for cars made back in 50s, 60s, 70s endurance races.

AI drivers have nationalities that change depending on the race you are in

If you're running the Tsukuba 9 hours expect to be racing against AI drivers using Japanese names

If your at the Nurburgring expect German names, etc

Last edited:
AI drivers have nationalities that change depending on the race you are in

If you're running the Tsukuba 9 hours expect to be racing against AI drivers using Japanese names

If your at the Nurburgring expect German names, etc

And how about the same names through a series. So if the trophy is a 5 race event race against the same AI drivers through the whole thing

I'm struggling not to laugh reading this. It's outrageous some of these requests. I mean it's a video game, and some of these requests are attempting to transform it into reality. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great ideas, but some things are better left to our actual lives.

Easy solution to stop drivers from just giving their car an enormous amount of power to win any race, while at the same time making all the tuning parts useful.

Put a car class and car parts limiter on each race, that is lifted (no longer enforced) once you finish first in the race.

Example

Sunday Cup - The very first race you can enter. Limit it to C class cars. C class cars are basically anything under 200 HP, stock. Lets be serious here, if you entered a Sunday cup race against Japanese Kei cars with a Stealth Chrome Line McLaren F1 in real life are they going to let you race? Absolutely not. You should not be allowed to race here, either, with that car, at least until you clear the event by finishing first.

Now, to stop someone from entering the Sunday cup with a fully modified C class car restrict the tuning parts allowed in the race to "sports". Do not allow racing mufflers, stage 2 turbos, stage 2 weight reduction, or any performance upgrade above the very minimum. Only races at the very end of the game should allow the most extreme upgrades. For the early races, only "sports" brakes or "sports" mufflers or "sports" suspension upgrades should be allowed. Finally these parts will not be seen as useless.

In real life if you showed up with a car that has 300 HP more then everyone else you would not be allowed to race. The same here.

But to keep the open nature of GT alive all these restrictions should be removed from a race once you finish 1st in it, so you can go back and enjoy the event with any vehicle you like. Maybe give the driver extra credit bonuses for running the same race again with the restrictions after beating it to encourage close racing and competition.

I would like an option to purchase all tuning parts in one transaction, e.g. buy all and equip all, instead of buying each item individually.

With all this talk of PP in relation to GT5 it reminded me of something, I'd like to see set classes in GT6, like Forza. There are already plenty of unofficial PP levels that people like, 400PP, 500PP, 550PP etc but then there are people that run 420PP, 530PP, 380PP and so on because there are no set levels. So because of that it's impossible to always have a car ready to go for any room you enter. If you come across a 480PP race you either have to use something not specifically tuned or de-tune a 500PP car, or not enter the room.

With classes you can build several cars to each class and you know that in any online race you'll have some suitable cars for that race.

Obviously the PP system still needs fixing for this to work properly though.

SimonK
With all this talk of PP in relation to GT5 it reminded me of something, I'd like to see set classes in GT6, like Forza. There are already plenty of unofficial PP levels that people like, 400PP, 500PP, 550PP etc but then there are people that run 420PP, 530PP, 380PP and so on because there are no set levels. So because of that it's impossible to always have a car ready to go for any room you enter. If you come across a 480PP race you either have to use something not specifically tuned or de-tune a 500PP car, or not enter the room.

With classes you can build several cars to each class and you know that in any online race you'll have some suitable cars for that race.

I don't understand the PP garbage. I wish they just used the car level system. Or like you said classes

Preferably, though, I'd hope we'd still be able to set our own custom limitations if we really wanted. While it's not well-known in FM4, you can set the PI level in a room down to any number you want, so in addition to the normal class structure, you can still set, say, A550 rooms instead of having everybody max out to 600.

The "problem" I see with adopting a class structure similar to FM4, as much as I like it there, is that it nudges people towards always aiming for those top-of-the-class performance point numbers. In GT5, I seldom full-tune cars, usually tuning to an arbitrary personal limit, and then tinkering to the nearest five or ten PP. In FM4, I almost always end up modding a car to the top of the class, just "in case". The lack of classes in GT5 encourages freer thinking with regards to modding, but that can be just as much of a drawback as a good thing, is all I'm saying.

Of course, with the power limiter and ballast, it's really quite easy to make fast changes to fit within regs in GT 👍

I think this is a very good idea.

Which brings us back to the normal "your car must be one of these, pick from a list."

Problem is, there is no way to evenly match 1000+ cars. Forza can't even do that with ~300 from Forza 2. (Who knew that a 1000 hp Charger was faster in D class -the slowest- than any car in C class?)

So, then, how else do the people get run-what-you-bring-racing?

Even if there are the same tracks and cars in GT6 as in GT5 a compelling story/career mode would make a great difference. You start as a cash strapped rookie with a beaten JDM FF car on small circuits and then progress slowly to bigger and better things, while competing with same opponents who have their typical pros and cons and evolve with you. Races in GT5 are simply too uneven and random (vastly different cars in same race, you can simply win with more powerful car, no extra skill required even on pro level) and there is no feeling of narrative it's just a bunch of races to plod through.

^We all heard the same story in too many racing games.

In car games, stories are as useful as having a mousepad instead of elbows. They are always the same - from mechanic to world champion.

Yep I don't need a story, just a well structured set of races that I can progress through without a stupid XP level grinding system.

I would like an option to purchase all tuning parts in one transaction, e.g. buy all and equip all, instead of buying each item individually.
I like this idea. Also, update the parts a little as far as performance. I mean turbos, even big ones, have become more responsive so the goo gobs of turbo lag that is still present should be addressed. I guess if you put a 60 trim turbo on a little 1.3 litre it makes sense to have the lag, but if you have an R34 or a supra with one it should spool pretty fast.

the PP system dissapear
tumblr_lvq8de67j21qetby9.gif

They need to get the start time of endurance races right.

The real life Le Mans 24 hours starts at 3pm. It doesnt get completely dark until 11pm, and the sun doesnt rise until 6 AM. How GT5 handles the 24 hours of Le Mans time clock is very odd. Theres 8 hours of darkness, which is reasonably close enough to the real thing. But the problem is the darkness comes 5 hours into the race and leaves 13 hours into the race. This makes no sense.

If GT5's 24 hours of Le Mans started at 6pm the time schedule makes sense. But as we know it doesnt start at 6 pm.

If GT5's 24 hours of Le Mans started at 3 pm that means it got dark at 8 pm local time and the sun rose at 4 am local time. Again, wrong.

I usually admire PD's attention to detail, but cant believe how they dropped the ball on this one.

If as expected more tracks get weather changes forecasts will be needed.

Have the ability to switch cars before entering an online lobby.It's annoying to have to wait till you enter a lobby and load the track to be able to switch cars (might also get you kicked :mad:).

Also please classify cars in different categories depending on the PP if you retain the PP system.

Also Have better and more balanced seasonals because I hate chasing rabbits.

Please PD increase premium car production rate plzz.

Have different car categories in a single race like the previous guys said before me(Even Toca did it).

Streamline the User Interface please (it's kinda of a nuance at times).

Be able to have ranked online races (like classified by online level or by skill).

Real time weapon change and a Giant Enemy Crab would be good for causing massive damage (Randomness on) :lol:.

Y not have an announcer in the different race series.

B-spec should be made less tedious and annoying or merged with A-spec like in GT4 otherwise kill it off.

Have one universal level system that isn't divided into A-spec and B-spec it's kinda unnecessary :confused:.

Be able to make me scared of damaging my car like being able to bust engines,blow tires and break gearboxes.

To add to aesthetic and the general feel of the game why not use the actual cars gauges in the HUD (Tell me it wouldn't be cool guys to have unique HUDs for every car:P).

Have the actual shifting to be more realistic.You don't have ungodly speed to shift into a higher gear by just pressing a button it's unrealistic (Where's the clutch?).If you do it make it optional.

Make use of the many road courses that are used for endurance races in real life by having their real endurance races in the game (you've done it with nurburgring,suzuka,La Sarthe/Le Mans but where's Daytona and Indy?).

Incorporate the ability to have a set garage limit that isn't over 2000.Have the ability to buy a bigger garage or a garage expansion upgrade that even Jay Leno will envy.

Have better prize cars (They mostly suck) like say have some cars be missing from the dealerships and only obtainable as prize cars.It was like that in GT3 and it was fun and rewarding to find out about a car that you didn't know was there.Not so fun anymore knowing you can get an ultra rare car from the UCD by just entering and exiting races.

Be able to choose your prize car in between multiple prize cars like in Forza (but as a twist have an optional alternative to get extra money from the event instead of a car).

License tests should be more prominent like in previous GTs.

No more clones unless they have a significant difference or performance advantage over it's other version (say R34,R33 and R32 and their V-spec/Nur/N1 versions and the NSX Type R and the Normal Pre-facelift and Post-facelift NSXs).

Used cars should look used.

No Very awesome and rare cars race or otherwise in the UCD.

Have various cars from all manufacturers (Except Hommel,ASL and Dome sorry:P).

Have the ability to build Kit Cars and install different features and engines in them).

Latest Posts

Back