Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
MORE ROADSTERS, i don't understand why the California is the only car that can be driven with the top down when there are so many in the game, for instance the LP640 or now even the Aventador also has a roadster, i don't think it would take too much effort to REMOVE part of a car to add another number to the car count (seeing as the interior is already modeled) or at least give the option of having a soft top or no top in cars like the S2000, MX5, etc, etc.

I'll be honest I've seen the AI spin out after making mistakes and one stand moment was on Cape Ring, I came flying over the hill in 3rd and saw 2nd place all over the back of 1st place, before diving up the inside only to side swipe him. This caused both first and second now neck and neck to come apart, First going half off the track and kicking up dirt and second squirming for control in the middle of the track... Luckily for me this coming together left just enough room to go between them and claim 1st place.

Its just the AI doesnt really make many mistakes

Still not enough though.

The AI in GT5 improved over previous games, but its still behind games that are 10, 15 years old. Part of the problem is that the AI are still somewhat on "rails" making them behave like they are unnaturally glued to the racing line.

When creating AI for cars in Little Big Planet 2 I had to shut off their ability to follow the racing line when they got into accidents in order for them to crash. In GT5 its like even when they get hit or go off course they unrealistically try to go back to the race line in a very aggressive manner.

Its almost as if the physics for AI cars were different then your car, but based on my experience with creating AI in Little Big Planet part of the problem could be their dependence on the racing line and their obsession with it.

PD needs to model the AI to have the ability to lose, or relinquish complete control of their car for a time to allow the crash to play out in a more realistic manner.

In really old games like NASCAR 2003 or GTR2 there are some pretty realistic and convincing clashes between the AI. Part of the reason is the physics, though. GT5's physics allow you to wall surf and other oddities. Many improvements can be made. For example mass and inertia dont appear to be modeled or simulated correctly. Improved over previous GTs yes, but still not up to a reasonable standard. This is a problem across many video games. Even in Burnout games. You can crash at 200mph and never ever manage more then 3 or 4 barrel rolls. In reality you can barrel roll 4 times at 70mph.

Still not enough though.

The AI in GT5 improved over previous games, but its still behind games that are 10, 15 years old. Part of the problem is that the AI are still somewhat on "rails" making them behave like they are unnaturally glued to the racing line.

When creating AI for cars in Little Big Planet 2 I had to shut off their ability to follow the racing line when they got into accidents in order for them to crash. In GT5 its like even when they get hit or go off course they unrealistically try to go back to the race line in a very aggressive manner.

Its almost as if the physics for AI cars were different then your car, but based on my experience with creating AI in Little Big Planet part of the problem could be their dependence on the racing line and their obsession with it.

PD needs to model the AI to have the ability to lose, or relinquish complete control of their car for a time to allow the crash to play out in a more realistic manner.

In really old games like NASCAR 2003 or GTR2 there are some pretty realistic and convincing clashes between the AI. Part of the reason is the physics, though. GT5's physics allow you to wall surf and other oddities. Many improvements can be made. For example mass and inertia dont appear to be modeled or simulated correctly. Improved over previous GTs yes, but still not up to a reasonable standard. This is a problem across many video games. Even in Burnout games. You can crash at 200mph and never ever manage more then 3 or 4 barrel rolls. In reality you can barrel roll 4 times at 70mph.

I agree it could be better, thinking about it now youve said that, I've never seen a AI car be too keen on the accelerator exiting a corner and having the back end step out... theyre always really neat unless they happen to touch the grass.

A livery editor (I don't know why people are hating. If you don't want to use it, DON'T!), better car sounds, more body kits and maybe even changing the types of lights (Darkened or white and red.)
That is all I really want and all that is needed to make the perfect GT6 in my opinion.

This is very simple, probably already mentioned, but the ability to set an online race for a time other than laps. A group can have a le mans 2.4 instead of guessing the laps to celebrate the le mans 24

i think honestly what id like most is to make a car more individual to me like say, autosculpt that was on a few need for speed games.

Someone may have mentioned, but still I want to mention what I want in GT6:

GT Life Career Features:
- Add GT Academy as a critical begineer event or license test to enter the racing world

- Let the player choose the amount of the lap in career race, such as you can choose to race 5% or 100% length of the Super GT 300km race. And of course more length will payout more Cr.

GT Life - Dealership Features:
- Return to dealership menu instead GT Life menu after you bought a car

Online Features:
- Some hidden car only unlockable when you complete enough amount of online race

Pitstops:
- Player interactive which similar to the features of F1:CE. Of course, player could choose to enable or disable this feature.

Splitscreen:
- AI drivers
- Full cockpit view

And one more thing I always doubt is why the AI in GTPSP is such competitive, and why Kaz cannot implement such AI in GT5?

Last edited:
Someone may have mentioned, but still I want to mention what I want in GT6:

GT Life Career Features:
- Add GT Academy as a critical begineer event or license test to enter the racing world

- Let the player choose the amount of the lap in career race, such as you can choose to race 5% or 100% length of the Super GT 300km race. And of course more length will payout more Cr.

GT Life - Dealership Features:
- Return to dealership menu instead GT Life menu after you bought a car

Online Features:
- Some hidden car only unlockable when you complete enough amount of online race

Pitstops:
- Player interactive which similar to the features of F1:CE. Of course, player could choose to enable or disable this feature.

Splitscreen:
- AI drivers
- Full cockpit view

And one more thing I always doubt is why the AI in GTPSP is such competitive, and why Kaz cannot implement such AI in GT5?
:lol: Seriously GTPSP's AI Competitive??They never beat me on the Nurburgring or any course except Tokyo R246,all other ones are great IMO.

To me the AI in gtpsp was always let me past then stay hot-glued to my rear bumper until I drive off the track due to the not so great controls.

Hmmmm, kinda leads to something, make GT6 able to share garages with a GTVita or a similar handheld, in bundle form.

I liked the opportunity to win prize cars for an event more than once, from GT5. And awarding Prize Cars that justified the effort put into an event. Not being able to win the better, expensive cars in the game is quite infuriating. I feel that GT5 retained all the parts from GT4 that they shouldn'tve, and did away with the parts of GT5 worth keeping.

I also dislike not being able to know the prize money awarded prior to loading the event. That, and the GT3 menus always annoyed me for some reason.

Last edited:
:lol: Seriously GTPSP's AI Competitive??They never beat me on the Nurburgring or any course except Tokyo R246,all other ones are great IMO.

I am curious which physics, tires and AI rank you are using? I agree in Rally, the AI is slow as hell, but in road course, they are fast.

I especially enjoy a competitive race which using a Honda NSX Type-R with S rank AI, S1 tyre and professional physics in Apricot Hill Raceway.

I looked thru to see of this had been mentioned. Sorry if it has. Would love to see a system where if I have a car and I receive a level ticket that when I open it it doesn't give me a car I already have....

Standard Cars with much better interior view
Start and stop engine
More variety of engine sounds
Be able to get out of car, open or close roof etc

mcord17
Start and stop engine

You can stop and start the engine. But with the wheels with a clutch and H-Pattern shifter.
It does suck you can do it with the DS3 or DFGT.

But the sounds yeah i wonder if they will do something like LFS (live for speed) that you can make your own.

Kaz has said he wants to make a open world environment where you can get out of your car and walk around.

And on some cars yeah maybe closing and opening the roof. But in all reality you are going to have it closed while racing. So for GT it seems to not make sense if you catch my drift

Standard Cars with much better interior view
Start and stop engine

go out of the car and walk around wouldn't make sense, at least when you're in a race. but with a free roam and maybe an own parking-house it would be nice to walk arround and choose the car :).

Open and close the roof would be cool indeed, though it's not important :)

I am curious which physics, tires and AI rank you are using? I agree in Rally, the AI is slow as hell, but in road course, they are fast.

I especially enjoy a competitive race which using a Honda NSX Type-R with S rank AI, S1 tyre and professional physics in Apricot Hill Raceway.
To confess I use standard physics on S3 tyres,S rank and any course and car (You like the NSX too???:embarrassed: 👍).I find professional hard because the PSP is so much more harder to have driving precision on unlike the old dualshocks (Because non digital controls and much better analog sitcks).Otherwise (I sometimes drive on pro as well when I'm severely bored) the A.I. is still ridiculous IMO.

To confess I use standard physics on S3 tyres,S rank and any course and car (You like the NSX too???:embarrassed: 👍).I find professional hard because the PSP is so much more harder to have driving precision on unlike the old dualshocks (Because non digital controls and much better analog sitcks).Otherwise (I sometimes drive on pro as well when I'm severely bored) the A.I. is still ridiculous IMO.

Of course S3 tire and standard phyisics is much more easiler than what I experience. Two different physics have huge differences as standard physics is still at GT4 standard, and professional physics is already GT5 standard (or even better than GT5 in my opinion :))

I agree the AI in GTPSP is not smart, but as the AI in the game are using Rubber-band effect, so even they will not defend their position, but they could catch up you easily when you passed them, and at least that what I hope for in GT6.

(BTW: Yea, I love NSX so much, especially 92" NSX Type-R is my dream car, 40kg less than 02" model, no power steering, no abs and no traction control, it's really a driver machine, and such a shame it isn't a premium car in GT5...)

(BTW: Yea, I love NSX so much, especially 92" NSX Type-R is my dream car, 40kg less than 02" model, no power steering, no abs and no traction control, it's really a driver machine, and such a shame it isn't a premium car in GT5...)
I know that feel bro.....Although to me the '02 car is more precise and more championship white :lol:,I love the '02 one more but you're inclining me towards the '92 one (All that stuff YES PLEASE!!!!).

Im hoping for longer races in general. This would make any grinding feel less tedious.

Longer races + bigger credit payout = Less repetitive

For example instead of a 5 lap race at Indianapolis that pays 100k credits give us a 20 lap race that pays 400k credits.

I think most of you are forgetting that this game is a racing simulator, I've seen some ridiculous requests like, pit girls, bit over the top for a simulator, and stupid visual mods, go and play need for speed like a child, with your stupid looking boy racing cars with pretty colourful lights, or get a life, all I ask for is more world circuits and some decent cars to go racing in, hopefully GT6 wont crash and have bugs/glitches, or loading times wouldn't be so long, Most of all **** B-spec mode off, what a waste of life that is, don't see any fun in it,
Oh and more challenges and special events like GT4.

Beafy17
I think most of you are forgetting that this game is a racing simulator, I've seen some ridiculous requests like, pit girls, bit over the top for a simulator, and stupid visual mods, go and play need for speed like a child, with your stupid looking boy racing cars with pretty colourful lights, or get a life, all I ask for is more world circuits and some decent cars to go racing in, hopefully GT6 wont crash and have bugs/glitches, or loading times wouldn't be so long, Most of all **** B-spec mode off, what a waste of life that is, don't see any fun in it,

Its not a racing simulator its a driving simulation given the load of non racing cars in the game.

With the collecting and history with the cars you cant say its just a racing simulator.

Man Beafy...sound kind of moody over there! Very nice of you to crap on other people's ideas...that's just wonderful of you. While I agree that most of the "requests" are outlandish and more than likely not going to make it into the game there is no need to bash people about it. I think everyones idea for making the cars a little more customizable is not too far fetched since most race setups have some form of modification. I think little tweaks in AI and "game world" should be made to make the overall experience better. If all you want is a car and a race then you are playing the wrong game sir because GT is an in depth and involved game. Its more than just a race with some cars and not quite need for speed....its a nice spirited drive through the middle! If you catch what I am saying. Don't be so negative, all of these requests are not going to ruin the game

Probably already mentioned but I'd love to see a livery editor with lots of options for decals, paint scheme's etc, and I hope PD scrap the current paint system, because it's hard enough to get a car you really want than having to worry about the paint chip you want to paint the car. If all paints are available from the word go, that would be awesome.

I would like to see a a more refined online lobby searching filter, e.g. a filter for sprint or endurance races, which would save a lot of hassle for when you don't have the time to search for that 3 lap race lobby that isn't full.

Last edited:
Beafy17

4 posts in and you're already pissed off... apparently you don't play GT5 that often because if you do, you would notice the words oh I don't know, "The Real Driving Simulator" under the GT Logo.... ok, let's say, you don't pay attention to the boot-up screen, even when you're racing, you see a big banner (on most tracks) with the GT Logo, and the "motto". Therefore, make sure your infomation is correct before you start "dissing" other people/ people's ideas.

Now, back on topic....

This one's for you Beafy; livery editor, a variety of body kits eg: bumpers, mirrors, spoilers, roof scoops, hoods, headers, etc, rust, realistic engine sounds, realistic crash physics, lower tire squeal, better game physics overall.

I've got more, but cant think of them right now...

~Edit~

^About the server filters, how about a "key word search". That would make browsing through servers a lot faster.

Also, since we mentioned walking around the car, what about self maintenance? In other words, YOU do the oil change, YOU check the engine YOU run tests on your car, YOU check the chassis for rust/damage, YOU install the parts on your car, etc...

Last edited:
Also, since we mentioned walking around the car, what about self maintenance? In other words, YOU do the oil change, YOU check the engine YOU run tests on your car, YOU check the chassis for rust/damage, YOU install the parts on your car, etc...

Say what now?

Back