Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
No I have a sense of realism. Besides engine swaps would only ever be within the same manufactuer or manufactuer umbrella (eg Audi engine into Lamborghinis), not cross manufacturer.
No I have a sense of realism.
I have a sense of realism.

You do know that is ironic considering that the X1 can't exist yet does in this game...?

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/31056298.jpg

Geez, someone is butthurt.

The only engine swaps you could do is from the same manufature. Like simon said, people licence there cars in games and adding an engine which isn’t theres would be against the licence they sighned to appear in the game. The only swaps possible would be a 2JZ in an AE86 or 86GT, as it’s the same manufacture

What about branch off car companies, like Mini and Bugatti? Mini is owned by BMW, and Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, so couldn't you put BMW engines in said Mini, or Bugatti engines in said Volkswagen?

Everything that's been listed above basically :)
Plus more general supercar races like there are on the trailer for GT5, more championships racing equal cars like the MP4-12C, 458, SLS, Gallardo, R8 v10 etc.

Here's a simple one: The bright background and excellent lighting of the Arcade Mode car selection screen in the GT Mode garage! The garage is way too dark...

actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a garage similar to the previous GT games again. It gave me more of a feel of a sim garage. I guess I just miss the GT Mode feel that the old Gran Turismos had.

You do know that is ironic considering that the X1 can't exist yet does in this game...?

The engine you're proposing to swap out could certainly exist though, it wouldn't be put into the cars you're suggesting though.

Geez, someone is butthurt.

Not really, I just used an image to give my answer.

What about branch off car companies, like Mini and Bugatti? Mini is owned by BMW, and Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, so couldn't you put BMW engines in said Mini, or Bugatti engines in said Volkswagen?

Yes I said that above:

No I have a sense of realism. Besides engine swaps would only ever be within the same manufactuer or manufactuer umbrella (eg Audi engine into Lamborghinis), not cross manufacturer.

Talking about the X1's engine if i remember correctly isn't it supposed to be from the Nissan GTR?

Um no, where did you get that idea? It's obviously not real, it's just the engine design Adrian Newey came up with as being the best for the car. I suppose if hypothetically the car was really built the engine would be branded Infiniti.

The engine you're proposing to swap out could certainly exist though, it wouldn't be put into the cars you're suggesting though.

There's no reason to think it wouldn't be. The only limits should be realism (or legal, referring to cross manufacturer). Depending on how engine swaps are handled, it's perfectly reason to expect the ability to place any engine in any car. Some will just require more drastic upgrades.

Actually, the RM feature already covers all possible engine swaps. If you can rebuild the chassis, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

The manufactures would never allow it. There is nothing they can do to stop anyone in the real world but if they license their cars to appear in a video game they do not want to see their car with an engine from someone else in it, outperforming their own engines. Not a chance.

But I want to play The Real RX-7 V8 Simulator.

:guilty:

Um no, where did you get that idea? It's obviously not real, it's just the engine design Adrian Newey came up with as being the best for the car. I suppose if hypothetically the car was really built the engine would be branded Infiniti.

AKA Nissian.

SimonK

I had heard something about it before being modeled with a supposed GTR block.

Or same engine as the GTR

I think inter company engine swaps would be cool and feasable. I mean it would be cool to have a 510 (if they put em in the game) with a RB25 or RB26DETT, or KA24De swap because they have been done and all the engines are in house. I can see not doing an LS swap on a RX7 but within company lines I think it should be allowed. It would add some crazy customization and add to the "Real Driving Simulator" due to the fact that these things are really happening

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it in the original post. I would like the ability to make tuning adjustments on the fly in practice mode. Drive, access set up options via the pause menu, continue driving. So, sorta on the fly but not really. I find it a bit time consuming the way it is now. I like what Forza did with this.

turismoslayer
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it in the original post. I would like the ability to make tuning adjustments on the fly in practice mode. Drive, access set up options via the pause menu, continue driving. So, sorta on the fly but not really. I find it a bit time consuming the way it is now. I like what Forza did with this.

Like tuning in Shift 2, except the cars have no grip in that game, so there is no point in tuning :)

I want to see :
+Drag lights
+Tuning transmition without leaving test route x.
+Want to be able to put the ghost on 3000m instead of 10 k by making an option to choose wich meter u want to tune for.

False start check.
+A drag mode that when u race pinks u automaticaly give car to winner after race.

+Streaming has to be on slow strong or off.
+When u have reached 500 cars ur able to send 5 cars a day to a friend that has 500 cars or more.

+Bring old cars, and make it posible to swap engine for some cars.

+I wanna be able to write portugues killer on my ek rm when i drag the portugues.(their fast).

I hope i helped.
Sorry for my bad english.
Try to focus on my help and not the gramar.

I had heard something about it before being modeled with a supposed GTR block.

Or same engine as the GTR

Well I don't know where, it's just a fictional engine created by Adrian Newey, it exists only in numbers. I highly doubt it's modelled under the body of the car.

+When u have reached 500 cars ur able to send 5 cars a day to a friend that has 500 cars or more.
A lot of people probably won't ever reach 500 cars. Plus, the sending option should NEVER be limited.
+Bring old cars, and make it posible to swap engine for some cars.
Engine swaps will probably never happen because of licences.
+I wanna be able to write portugues killer on my ek rm when i drag the portugues.(their fast).
This is just wrong, and I'm sure a lot of people will find racism in that.

There still seems to be a split on the livery editor, but I would be all for it... once you get past all the fast and the furious paint jobs, there will be the people who can do some amazingly detailed work on special edition badges for cars which would be great to get some of those rare special editions that the game wont include

MadmuppGT
There still seems to be a split on the livery editor, but I would be all for it... once you get past all the fast and the furious paint jobs, there will be the people who can do some amazingly detailed work on special edition badges for cars which would be great to get some of those rare special editions that the game wont include

I want to do a Ford GT gulf livery, not the race car but on the road car.

I had this idea yesterday and I didn't see it listed here: I want to be able to select classic driving gear for my driver, the whole leather caps and big goggles thing when they looked like pilots. It would be cool to have a driver that looks like he is from the infancy of motorsport.

I would like to see GT6 add garage customization. I want to be able to choose a location, design and build a building on my own, and then put whatever flooring, lighting and decorations in it. I want to be able to put in the garage various posters and paintings, signs and automotive memorabilia. I want to be able to add a lounge and kitchen/bar area to hang out and where I can work on designing custom parts. I also want to have trophy cases where I can put all the trophies that I've won, models and other small auto memorabilia. Once all that is put in, I want the option to rearrange anything that I want, but I would have to manually move cars around and rearrange stuff.

Also, I want to park my car wherever/however I want in the garage, if it's blocking another car that I want to use, I have to move the blocking car out of the way before I can get to the car I want to use.

Pair this with world free roam, and you can drive your car out of the garage, around the block, cruise, and then back to the garage.

I would like to see GT6 add garage customization. I want to be able to choose a location, design and build a building on my own, and then put whatever flooring, lighting and decorations in it. I want to be able to put in the garage various posters and paintings, signs and automotive memorabilia. I want to be able to add a lounge and kitchen/bar area to hang out and where I can work on designing custom parts. I also want to have trophy cases where I can put all the trophies that I've won, models and other small auto memorabilia. Once all that is put in, I want the option to rearrange anything that I want, but I would have to manually move cars around and rearrange stuff.

Also, I want to park my car wherever/however I want in the garage, if it's blocking another car that I want to use, I have to move the blocking car out of the way before I can get to the car I want to use.

Pair this with world free roam, and you can drive your car out of the garage, around the block, cruise, and then back to the garage.
Car town much???except for the free roaming part and the exit garage with car and free roam around the town (in my opinion a little boring if it has speed limits).Otherwise great idea:tup:.I'll add in something else,have multiple floors and have the ability to have a mechanical service in house,like GT auto but you make money and are able to contract Bobs for the jobs yourself (like in Car town),or make it your headquarters where all your drivers are and where you carry out all race related operations,or make it the central hub of the game.

Last edited:
the ability to do engine swaps would be cool say put a primera 2.0 gt engine in a k11 micra
a supra engine in a ae86
v8 bmw engine in a e30 3series etc
beable to do endurance races combining spec a & b partnering your own hired drivers

Here's something that a lot of people can, maybe, agree on, 92 car Nordschiffle free run. The game just picks 91 other cars at random, the more common cars would be faster street BMW M3s, or basic Touring cars or RMs, then throw in a couple of GT Cars, like maybe a Viper or a RUF GT3, then Rarely add slow cars like the Prius, or expensive cars LMPs, try to limit the skylines to so there aren't 20 Skylines on the track. lol Keep it realistic you know.

Here's something that a lot of people can, maybe, agree on, 92 car Nordschiffle free run. The game just picks 91 other cars at random, the more common cars would be faster street BMW M3s, or basic Touring cars or RMs, then throw in a couple of GT Cars, like maybe a Viper or a RUF GT3, then Rarely add slow cars like the Prius, or expensive cars LMPs, try to limit the skylines to so there aren't 20 Skylines on the track. lol Keep it realistic you know.

I like this idea. The Mercedes Nurburgring challenge was something like this. Passing or getting passed by a large variety of cars on the ring would be great fun. Would love to be crusing at 125mph in a Honda Civic only to have a Veyron blow past me at 250mph

Did GT5 have "track days" like GT4, where you could practice with AI cars on course?

Back