Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
There are several things that bother me about GT5 that I would LOVE to see fixed for the next game in the series.

1. Engine Sounds - Often times in GT5 cars sound one and the same, and they didn't have much resemblance to their real counterparts. I felt like it almost ruined the driving experience, simply because the joy of smashing the gas and hearing a loud and aggressive exhaust note is part of the pleasure in driving games. Obviously it can't be dead perfection on everything, but you can do a better job than making cars sound like broken lawnmowers.

2. Credit System - Part of the fun in starting off in GT5 was the fact that you had to work to get the cars, which provided a fun and realistic experience. However, the fact that you only need 1 decently tuned car to win a seasonal event which is worth at least 10 times more than in any A-Spec race is a real annoyance. It seems like all you need to do is repeat the same seasonal event and you can buy every car in the game, there is no sense of accomplishment or exclusivity.

3. Arcade Mode - Would love to see the option to have 4 players in the same race, and also have the selection to pick specific AI cars to race against.

[FONT="[SIZE="5"]Times New Roman"]Diff track widener.[/SIZE][/FONT]
14356d1344804902-diff-width-problem-wheelbase_and_track.png

img_2019.jpg
As you can see the wheels on the Suzuki Cappachino. Obviously we do have the RM model in GT5 but this was just a decent example of diff track customization. This also gives you alot more traction and it looks cooler.

1.) A bigger Australian market ie Holden, Ford, HSV, FPV

2.) drag challengeSSS, with false starts and a tree

3.) A Rear Wheel:tup:/All Wheel:tup: and front wheel:tdown: Horsepower/kilowatt or PS reading not simply engine horsepower

4.) Electric spoilers like the bugatti with programable features ie tilt up 4degrees at 40kmph + 6 degrees at 120kmph (total of 10degrees tilt) and tilt up 2 degrees at 20% brake pressure 35degrees at 50% brake pressure etc AVAILIABLE FOR ALL CARS, cos were all bush mechanics here

5.) tyre profile changes ie low profile and width(providing you have the right rims)

6.) BIGGER RIMS:nervous: FML

7.) engines with so much boost they last 400 metres

8.) tyre heat is retained for more longer so u can do a burnout and get a better launch(DRAG RACING CHALLENGES:dunce:)

9.) DRAG RACING CHALLENGES

10.) A bigger Australian Market

11.) V8's that POP

12.) I like my spoiler idea

13.) lucky number 13

I really hope to see more car customization options and detail. When I reduce weight or install a rollcage, for example, I'd like to be able to experience it visually as well. I want more custom body parts (body kits, spilers, lips, splitters, difusers, fender flares) and definitely MORE wheels that also come in more sizes. Have you seen the wheel size on the GT-R (R32) in GT5?! Exactly. Let's not do that again please. Ability to paint your car any color at any time is a must. Also, the option to enhance you vehicle's appearance through applying liveries would multiply the feelings of joy exponentially.
I won't be overly disappointed if the following component doesn't make the cut, but it would be nice to be able to drive some of the cars in an open world environment.
Finally, say NO to "standard" cars!

Your racer's hand to touch the horn. Like really when your pressing the horn button on your controler/wheel your driver doesn't even touch the horn button. Like c'mon make the driver actions real.

Many things I would love to see in GT6. First and foremost, I would like to see the leveling system gotten rid of. License levels should be the only necessary ticket to enter a race, and money should be the only requirement to purchase a car. That said, the following are some thoughts that would improve game play and simulation of the game:

Varying levels of realism for all races!
1) Simulation Mode: Tuning and driving have consequences. An over-tuned car runs a higher risk of sudden failure than a lesser tuned car, and advanced crash physics. Vehicle damage would then persist until it was repaired in GT auto.

2) Tire wear / Fuel consumption mode with light / heavy damage: Basically, what we have now.

3) Casual Mode: No tire wear, no fuel consumption, no damage.

<all above will be set by lobby host>

Tuning/Maintenance:
Change oil in the lobby! Can't tell you how many times I have left a race to change oil only to find out that my spot was taken while I was out.

In addition to being able to turbo/supercharge any car, it would also be nice to be able to remove turbo/supercharger (NA tune) any car. Also, rev limiter adjustments / removal based on tuning level.

Wear components eventually wear out (breaks, clutch, etc.) and also selection of material from which components are made from. (ie. break compounds that will have different benefits such as pad life, fade resistance, and aggression.)

Strut tower braces and roll cages add to vehicle rigidity and are visible in vehicle where they would be visible.

Serious tire / wheel options with real effect on performance (sidewall height, radius and width all affect performance, tire life, and ride quality) If done right, this will also provide for wheel stands!

Ohh, and for those drag racing types: wheelie bars and parachutes!

New Car Dealer:

Select first the make, then the model, and apply options (factory Aerodynamics packages, wheel options, color, factory tuned race car base) To the race car base, a selection can be made for different racing series that the base car is eligible for. (Super GT 300, Super GT 500, NASCAR Sprint cup, NASCAR Nextel Cup, NASCAR Nation Wide, FIA GT, Outlaw, Rally, Funny Car, Top Fuel, etc.) This will exponentially increase the number of cars avalible in game while reducing the overall game size. (ie. Subaru> Impreza> 2006> [notch back or wagon] STi Package, Ralli Art aerodynamics package)

Dedicated Career paths for:
NASCAR
Super GT
Rally
Drag Racing
Formula 1 / Indy
Formula Drift / D1GP
Le Mans
Etc.
Each class of racing has its own licenses.

Each license and degree of license (Bronze, Silver, Gold) will be visible in user profile to all players in lobby or on friends list.

Weather:

All weather conditions available for all tracks, as well as time scaling. Puddles / water running across track at low points.

Physics:

One set of physics for all racing types! This means that different surfaces will have different traction levels and tire types will react differently to those traction limitations. For example: Dirt or Snow tires will have better traction in their respective environments, but have trouble dealing with tarmac surfaces. Comfort tires will deal better with dirt snow and water than sports and racing tires will. This can be done with a simple table and would create much better racing and bigger consequences for people who slip off track with their racing soft tires. The simple fact is that the larger tread block you have, the less capable the tire is to grip in unfavorable conditions. Oh, and I want to see hydroplaning too!

DamnPisces
Many things I would love to see in GT6. First and foremost, I would like to see the leveling system gotten rid of. License levels should be the only necessary ticket to enter a race, and money should be the only requirement to purchase a car. That said, the following are some thoughts that would improve game play and simulation of the game:

Varying levels of realism for all races!
1) Simulation Mode: Tuning and driving have consequences. An over-tuned car runs a higher risk of sudden failure than a lesser tuned car, and advanced crash physics. Vehicle damage would then persist until it was repaired in GT auto.

2) Tire wear / Fuel consumption mode with light / heavy damage: Basically, what we have now.

3) Casual Mode: No tire wear, no fuel consumption, no damage.

<all above will be set by lobby host>

Tuning/Maintenance:
Change oil in the lobby! Can't tell you how many times I have left a race to change oil only to find out that my spot was taken while I was out.

In addition to being able to turbo/supercharge any car, it would also be nice to be able to remove turbo/supercharger (NA tune) any car. Also, rev limiter adjustments / removal based on tuning level.

Wear components eventually wear out (breaks, clutch, etc.) and also selection of material from which components are made from. (ie. break compounds that will have different benefits such as pad life, fade resistance, and aggression.)

Strut tower braces and roll cages add to vehicle rigidity and are visible in vehicle where they would be visible.

Serious tire / wheel options with real effect on performance (sidewall height, radius and width all affect performance, tire life, and ride quality) If done right, this will also provide for wheel stands!

Ohh, and for those drag racing types: wheelie bars and parachutes!

New Car Dealer:

Select first the make, then the model, and apply options (factory Aerodynamics packages, wheel options, color, factory tuned race car base) To the race car base, a selection can be made for different racing series that the base car is eligible for. (Super GT 300, Super GT 500, NASCAR Sprint cup, NASCAR Nextel Cup, NASCAR Nation Wide, FIA GT, Outlaw, Rally, Funny Car, Top Fuel, etc.) This will exponentially increase the number of cars avalible in game while reducing the overall game size. (ie. Subaru> Impreza> 2006> [notch back or wagon] STi Package, Ralli Art aerodynamics package)

Dedicated Career paths for:
NASCAR
Super GT
Rally
Drag Racing
Formula 1 / Indy
Formula Drift / D1GP
Le Mans
Etc.
Each class of racing has its own licenses.

Each license and degree of license (Bronze, Silver, Gold) will be visible in user profile to all players in lobby or on friends list.

Weather:

All weather conditions available for all tracks, as well as time scaling. Puddles / water running across track at low points.

Physics:

One set of physics for all racing types! This means that different surfaces will have different traction levels and tire types will react differently to those traction limitations. For example: Dirt or Snow tires will have better traction in their respective environments, but have trouble dealing with tarmac surfaces. Comfort tires will deal better with dirt snow and water than sports and racing tires will. This can be done with a simple table and would create much better racing and bigger consequences for people who slip off track with their racing soft tires. The simple fact is that the larger tread block you have, the less capable the tire is to grip in unfavorable conditions. Oh, and I want to see hydroplaning too!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and HELL YES!

I would like to see more available when entering pits i.e. Oil changes ,Wing and suspension adjustment and fuel refills to be quicker than they are especially in online mode ..There's a lot more i'de like to see but these are my main priority

The things we miss the most are actually in GT5 Prologue.

Matchmaking and car leaderboards.

Matchmaking is great to find good races faster. Right now it´s really hard to find good lobbies.

Car leaderboards were a dream come true on Prologue, and i´m really, really sad that they took this away. It adds huge replay value and a meaning to keep playing with different cars and tracks.

IMO this DriveClub trailer shows the most realistic first person camera I've ever seen. We can actually see the dude's chest when he's strapping himself in!

In my opinion the developer that made his speech for this seems to love cars. I mean LOVE cars in a sexual way.... :L And what the hell does he mean by "Breathing in the experience." If we did tat while playing the game all we'd smell is the farts lingering in out room.

The game does not seem that good as a car game.

Things I want besides cars and tracks:
  • Full livery editor
  • More upgrade options
  • Online auction house
  • Mid-race saves during longer events
  • Ability to save unlimited numbers of tuning setups per car
  • Ability to share everything including photos, course maker tracks, tuning setups, replays, and liveries with the entire community rather than just our friend list
  • Ability to share more than one course maker track at a time
  • More options in course maker so that we can better fine-tune the track and maybe to choose some basic scenery elements to make them more interesting visually
  • Get rid of zombie Jeff Gordon
  • Get rid of oil changes and carwashes
  • Make B-Spec enjoyable or remove it
  • Event (race) builder
  • Make Top Gear involvement feel more like Top Gear or drop it (having the track and nothing else from the show and some boring evens isn't Top Gear)

I want all the paints avaible at all times. Like when you buy a car and get a paint for the car you buy. That doesn't make sense, so I buy a car and I get a bucket of paint lol. I was imagining like there is a list of colors at the paint shop. I mean like its already hard enough to look through thousands of colors even when you choose to the textures. So might as well have all paints available. Or have a color system like Forza. But more advance. Of course a liverary editor would be perfect.

I want all the paints avaible at all times. Like when you buy a car and get a paint for the car you buy. That doesn't make sense, so I buy a car and I get a bucket of paint lol. I was imagining like there is a list of colors at the paint shop. I mean like its already hard enough to look through thousands of colors even when you choose to the textures. So might as well have all paints available. Or have a color system like Forza. But more advance. Of course a liverary editor would be perfect.

So you mean like Midnight Club: Los Angeles? On there you have all the colors there and you can even make custom colors and it's only $1,000 up front.

Zyla
So you mean like Midnight Club: Los Angeles? On there you have all the colors there and you can even make custom colors and it's only $1,000 up front.

Cheaper than the $2,000cr we pay.

Madertus
Really? 2,000 Cr. is hardly a price! You can earn literally almost 2,000 times as much doing one race ;)

Hell yeah. I know this cheating but you can use a hybrid red bull to earn 20mil in 5 mins by doing supercar seasonal lol

Well I know a lot of impatient people would think of it as a waste of time, but I like it because it adds to the realism. Cars can't be driven hundreds of thousands of miles on the same oil or stay clean on their own.

They can't be instantly repaired after a 200mph crash either but we let it slide because it's a game meant for fun. I'm not sure why you would want to keep something just because it's realistic but no fun.

Hell yeah. I know this cheating but you can use a hybrid red bull to earn 20mil in 5 mins by doing supercar seasonal lol

I'm earning my money the 'legal' way. Supercar Festival seasonal, 500PP Evo IX + 8 minutes of time gives me about 2 million credits ;p

Wait, you actually enjoy pressing a button and watching those animations over and over again? :confused:

The way you simplify things makes it sound like it's such a stupid thing, but I'll be honest with you, I DO enjoy pressing a button and watching my car's oil get changed. This is the same thing we talked about months ago, where I said I enjoyed these "animations", and you came in and criticized.

Madertus
I'm earning my money the 'legal' way. Supercar Festival seasonal, 500PP Evo IX + 8 minutes of time gives me about 2 million credits ;p

I did it natural with my Ford GT back in the day.

The way you simplify things makes it sound like it's such a stupid thing, but I'll be honest with you, I DO enjoy pressing a button and watching my car's oil get changed. This is the same thing we talked about months ago, where I said I enjoyed these "animations", and you came in and criticized.

Because frankly, it is. If you get enjoyment out of it who am I to stop you, you're in the minority though.

Back