Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
When you view a car in the garage, you can select a menu of races that are available for it, in a customisable order.

A-spec event creator, with variable payout based on difficulty

If A-spec or b-spec have levels based on XP, each time you achieve a level, win a prize such as a ticket, paints or whatever. and effectively - no end to the levels you can reach. I'm still earning XP - but they are meaningless - reach level 40 years ago!

ok...i'm gonna put this out there....I wanna see every car ever made and every track ever raced. Period. This includes all concepts as well. So, yeah make it happen

evilGnius
ok...i'm gonna put this out there....I wanna see every car ever made and every track ever raced. Period. This includes all concepts as well. So, yeah make it happen

Perhaps we should add realistic to the thread title.

thelvynau
Perhaps we should add realistic to the thread title.

Lol. Ill take a Historic cup called Group C Racing. Just recreate legendary races from the late 80s and early 90s. Add more Group C cars maybe 3-4 more Group C cars and I would be fine.

I think that it would be great if we had more complexity to some of the tracks for example Pikes Peaks suface would go from paved to, gravel, to dirt, and repeat its self randomly. Maybe some tight cobbelstone streets in Itatly that become wide with the occasion passerby. How about a deep puddle of mud that would splash on the window.

I think more ways of categorising cars could be considered, like being able to order cars by length. It would make finding the compact cars easier. Also, I think ordering by engine displacement would have benefits as far as having events like a 2-Litre Championship goes. It would make A-Spec feel more like a new experience rather than simply the same events from previous GT games.

Recently I've been thinking about how they could improve the 24 hours of Le Mans experience. One of the problems is Gran Turismo has Le Mans cars from the past 40 years. They all have different levels of performance. Some raced on the chicane-less Le Mans circuit others raced on the modern Le Mans circuit. The game usually mismatches these cars or some dont appear at all. And it feels like a bit of a waste to have a 2nd 24 hour race just to use the course with no chicane.

So my idea is for the game to alter the 24 Hours of Le Mans to fit the car you chose to race with.

For example, if you enter the race with a Mercedes C9 '89 prototype, the track will have no chicane. Your opponents will be the Mazda 787b, Jaguar XJR9, Nissan R89C and other cars from that era.

If you enter the 24 hours of Le Mans race with a Audi R10, the course will have chicanes and you will race the Peugeot 908, Toyota GT1, Pescarolo C60, and other cars from that era.

If you enter with a 1969 Ford GT40, the track will have no chicane and your opponents will be the Jaguar XJR, Ferrari P4, Ford GT MachIV etc.

Prize car and money remains the same for all 3 events. If you pick a non prototype car, the race will default to the modern layout and cars.

Recently I've been thinking about how they could improve the 24 hours of Le Mans experience. One of the problems is Gran Turismo has Le Mans cars from the past 40 years. They all have different levels of performance. Some raced on the chicane-less Le Mans circuit others raced on the modern Le Mans circuit. The game usually mismatches these cars or some dont appear at all. And it feels like a bit of a waste to have a 2nd 24 hour race just to use the course with no chicane.

So my idea is for the game to alter the 24 Hours of Le Mans to fit the car you chose to race with.

For example, if you enter the race with a Mercedes C9 '89 prototype, the track will have no chicane. Your opponents will be the Mazda 787b, Jaguar XJR9, Nissan R89C and other cars from that era.

If you enter the 24 hours of Le Mans race with a Audi R10, the course will have chicanes and you will race the Peugeot 908, Toyota GT1, Pescarolo C60, and other cars from that era.

If you enter with a 1969 Ford GT40, the track will have no chicane and your opponents will be the Jaguar XJR, Ferrari P4, Ford GT MachIV etc.

Prize car and money remains the same for all 3 events. If you pick a non prototype car, the race will default to the modern layout and cars.

I assume you're talking about GT4 because they've fixed alot of the problems you mentioned in GT5. All the cars are now within 10 years of each other, no Group C cars appear in the lineup anymore. At least, not for the 24 hour race. And they did away with the second 24 hour race without the chicane.

Earth

I like this idea.

Can-Am Spyder RS Trike

996cc 60 degree V2 with around 106bhp. (Original dona bike has 140bhp) 0-60mph in around 4.5 seconds and a top end of around 120mph. Handles like a sports car.

Spyder.jpg

There are oil spills in the OP. Earth, in the WHEEL category, can you add : consequences to power shifting, ie; if you do it wrong, you kill your engine and tranny. Also, and addition to the cruise option would be: AI cops. That would be fun!

BTW, who asked for the sonic boom sound upon 768mph? What kind of car do you know that can go that fast? (Not including the X2010/2011)

Better collisions, we all have bumps, crashes and scrapes and we know that's not how it happens in real life. The main areas that need to be included in here are:

- The aerodynamic effects of crashes, we've all seen how how aero-effected cars behave in high-speed accidents; NASCAR tends to blow over (despite the flaps), LMP cars without the 'big honking fin' tends to flip (the Toyota TS030 only flipped due to a rear tyre going down in contact), and F1 cars also flip and wheelie depending on the nature of the contact, don't make top-end racecar categories that are meant to be unforgiving forgiving.

- Wheel-on-wheel contact, it doesn't just happen with open-wheel cars, we've seen it happen with GT, Touring and LMP cars too. When wheels make contact in certain ways some cars get launched upwards, some cars have suspension failures, some have both. As well as this we have open-wheel cars which break suspension and sometimes flip. if this occurs in the game then I think it will make those habitual d*****bags think twice before they try playing dirty or decide they're going to troll a cruising room with an open-wheel Tank Car.

Better smoke
  • When the tires squeal at low speeds, there's a huge billow of smoke. A small & subtle smoke would be more realistic.

Feeling of speed
  • When you're rolling down the road and you decide to go for it, there really isn't alot of drama. The car doesn't squat. The car doesn't "jerk" when shifting through gears.

Brakes
  • This one is pretty obvious. Even when going at 60MPH, pressing the brake pedal down does stop the car but not realistically. It seems as if the car is going at a much higher speed.

Wider FOV
  • When you're in cockpit view, you only get to see a part of the dashboard/windshield. And for people that play in Cruise rooms, it's hard to see incoming traffic.

Working Sound System
  • Instead of having music play directly to your speakers/headphones, have the music come out of the car's stereo. Can be turned off. Other people can hear your music if it's loud enough.
Sound
  • Not just the car themselves, but other cars. What I mean is the sound that's coming out of my car from my speakers, sound different on another player's speakers. This includes, the car sound itself, shifting, and revving.

• Environment sound. You don't really hear (when you're driving) other cars, until they're 5FT away from you.

For Game Play-Free roam, I would like to be able to take, say, 25 square miles from google earth/maps, and have the game turn that into the free roam area.
I understand this sounds crazy, but it is always what I wanted in a driving game.

I would like to be able to do part of an event, pass the weel to one of my B-Spec drivers or even to a Friend online.

This would actually make the experience in the 24h much more real.

Example:

24h LeMans, 3 drivers including yourself. You could either only pass it to B-Spec or both B-Spec and a friend or just to two friends.
Each one has to do a total of 8 hours, they can change to the next driver has many times has they want.

This would actually give you some objectives while playing B-Spec because you would have to get a good driver in order to do his 8 hours.

Also at least in 24h events you should have always full damages, and the pit stop time would have to be the time to repair the car. If the damage is too great you would have a DNF.

I would love to see a tool that would allow me to create an event.

Let say, I want to create a race with 5 of my friends and limit it to 8 drivers. I want it to start at 12:00 on the 3rd of October 2013, this means that the players I invited, if they are online 15 minutes prior to the event start they would get a reminder that there is an invitational for them and they could join right away. If players are missing they would be substituted by players either on the queue list for that event. Or players that simply found that room. Every setting for that event was already decided when the event was created so no editing of the event is needed. This would allow the comunity to really get championships running online very easily.
A plus would be if we could create manage and view (with a small delay) in a webpage.

Also I would love to see licencing of the following events (all cars and tracks of 2013):
DTM
WTCC
BTCC
V8
WEC

One of the top things on my list would be Leader boards, lots and lots of leader boards to cover all tracks and car classes. It is always nice to see how you really stack up against the other people who play the game. It would also be nice to have a way to group leader board results by class and by track so one could see how they stack up across the board on their favorite track compared to others. Lots of people are fast in one type of car where they may struggle in others but then some people can drive just about anything so this could be an interesting thing to see,

I would also like to see an option for Hood view when racing in addition to the cockpit, bumper and chase view. Back in GT4 I used the roof cam a lot but after playing forza and other games for a while I have found that I like the hood view better.

More options on the track editor would be very cool.

More race mod-able cars

Engine swaps within reason and fairly spread across different makes. Forza dropped the ball on this making some engines available by make rather than by car. For example Fords and Mercurys and some Saleens and Shelbys as well as Pantera and even a couple of Lotus use small block Ford engines so these should be available to the cars where they would naturally fit into if it is going to be done. Same with Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Oldsmobile and such many parts should be available for all of a given type if they are available for one.

Would be great to be able to chat with other players who are playing the game outside the online lobbies.

I would like to see the loud whine from the race transmissions either go away or have a method to turn that sound down while still being able to hear the engine and tire noise. This was by far the most aggravating thing to me in GT5.

Why do people mention cars/tracks here?

I really want to see an evolving track (debris, oil slicks, temperature and wind changes) in GT6, to add some more interest. As yet, the tracks almost all feel "unchanging."

In real life, the track is never the same at the start, as it is at the end. Clouds float on (Mice?) oil slicks form, then get cleaned off, track temperature changes, wind changes... The track changes every lap. Only the best drivers can keep track of the differences, every lap.

When the clouds pass, the track temperature goes up, meaning that the tires will wear much faster, and the car loses grip. When the clouds return, the track can get cold; tires don't build temperature, and the car loses grip.

After rainstorms, the track dries in a certain pattern; the driving line dries first. Then, the higher side (whichever side the bank is opposing) dries, and the water forms puddles...

On the Nürburgring Nordschleife, the Schwalbenschwanz corner, the outside of the track is much grippier.

Can we create our own races in GT6 please.

I would love to use my tuned cars and my bobs plus AI on a created race. Like how forza is but with fully tuned cars and good AI

Last edited:
You should be able to adjust toe and camber on factory suspension. Come on pd I cant perform an alignment on my car:tdown:. Also cars should come with factory specs on them, not 0.0 toe, 0.0 camber and 0.0 caster.

One thing lacking in the GT5 Tyre department:

Factory Tyres!!!! Why Can't The Zonda R wear it's P-Zero's??? Every car should come with it's set of factory tyres (these can vary of course depending on the car) not sports hard tyres every time alongside the tyres you find at the Tune shop and the pre-race screens.

That involves getting the tire manufacturers' permissions to use their tires.

Then, doing that, GT6 would need a much better tire model.

Then, GT6 would need to do testing with thousands of different tire compounds; and yes, there are actually thousands of tire compounds, tread patterns, and various other "things."

Sidewall size, and strength... It's all a difficult process. I'm not stupid, but, nor could I even start to put together a tire model even remotely good enough for Pirelli. So far, only Ferrari games, iRacing, and a few others have been realistic enough for Pirelli P-Zeros... Or, rather any Pirelli tire.

I'd rather see a livery editor, and a few other things implemented first.

Livery editor isn't "copyright protected" or "trademarked" by anyone.

Then, they could do more of the things in the OP, instead of the new tires.

It's a good point, sparkytooth, but, not very realistic, unfortunately.

MrMelancholy15
That involves getting the tire manufacturers' permissions to use their tires.

Then, doing that, GT6 would need a much better tire model.

Then, GT6 would need to do testing with thousands of different tire compounds; and yes, there are actually thousands of tire compounds, tread patterns, and various other "things."

Sidewall size, and strength... It's all a difficult process. I'm not stupid, but, nor could I even start to put together a tire model even remotely good enough for Pirelli. So far, only Ferrari games, iRacing, and a few others have been realistic enough for Pirelli P-Zeros... Or, rather any Pirelli tire.

I'd rather see a livery editor, and a few other things implemented first.

Livery editor isn't "copyright protected" or "trademarked" by anyone.

Then, they could do more of the things in the OP, instead of the new tires.

It's a good point, sparkytooth, but, not very realistic, unfortunately.

Maybe they can get manufactured tires in GT7?

GT4 had a big selection of wheels
GT5 honestly wasn't that amazing for wheel and tyre choices

GT6 should bring us with huge selection of wheels and tyres, available in in different rim diameters, offsets, widths, tyre profiles, etc, etc...

Also, better Engine sounds is a must! c'mon!

Back