Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
You need proof that most gamers do not enjoy pressing a button and watching the same animations over and over again? Really?

You need proof that most gamers do not enjoy pressing a button and watching the same animations over and over again? Really?

You don't know what they think about it. Stop pretending everyone else shares your opinion. I'm not saying I'm in love with pushing buttons and watching animations, but it sure doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothers you. Get over yourself already.

If I could be bothered to search I could find plenty of people in this forum saying they don't want the pointless animations, a lot more than those saying they want them.

Personally I'm not fussed about the oil changes or the car cleaning, but my youngest daughter loves those animations. We have to understand that GT has to appeal to a broad audience to get good sales and some of the content such as the animations, outfits, horns and B spec does appeal to some buyers.

I don't know if these have been mentioned, but I would like to see:

5 tuning setups per car - I normally keep one standard and I think 4 would be enough non-standard setups.

I would like to be able to untick engine stages and weight loss. (I once tuned a GSXR concept and couldnt detune it enough to use in an event).

I would like the option with ghost replays of having the ghost run from each timing sector rather than just from the begining - reason, when I am trying to learn from the top ten guys in the time trials, if they are much faster than me sometimes I am so far behind within a few corners that I can't make much use of their ghost.

I would also like to be able to load my friends ghosts, so that we can learn from each other.

In practise mode - to be able to highlight a section of track that I want to practice rather than having to do the whole lap, the car / track would loop back to the start of the requested section e.g. at Trial Mountain I could practice the final S bend before the straight or at Nordschleife I could practice the final section from the end of the fast straight to the finish line - I always lose time there.

Last edited:
An event creator to enable arcade or A spec races to be appropriate and interesting.

Subject to improving the AI - the option to include AI cars in the race so if I only have 8 racers in the race that I am hosting I can add AI cars to bring it to a full grid - especially important if I am only racing against one friend.

Online - more options available to the host and much better filter options if looking for a room.

Arcade mode - a level above expert for faster players.

option to put replays on youtube etc - this is in Dirt 3

Option to vary the level of different sound effects eg. engine volume, gearbox whine, wind noise, volume of neighbouring cars - this would improve the audio and would be especially useful for those players who like me use tactile transducers.

Just some random thoughts. Overall I am very happy with GT5, but it seems to me that many improvements could be made and I expect some would be easy to implement. Hopefully there will be a version 3 so some

Last edited:
^For one - edit your posts rather than write a new one ;)
Secondly - this thread is for what you want to see in GT6 EXCEPT cars and tracks, I think there are separate thread for that (not sure though) ;)

If I could be bothered to search I could find plenty of people in this forum saying they don't want the pointless animations, a lot more than those saying they want them.

Im sure you also thought many people would want fewer ownership/maintenance options

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=261350

GT6 should have an option to purchase a car(s) with all maintenance completed, but the animation shouldnt go away. I'll go as far as to say if there is no animation I dont want oil changes, period.

I know I'm probably the minority here... I hope they add an option to disable in car camera shake. I had to quit playing gt5 once I got to the higher level cars bc the camera shake was unbearable for me. It gives me motion sickness.

Wait, you actually enjoy pressing a button and watching those animations over and over again? :confused:

I also think it is bizarre. GT6 would be well served cutting down on unnecessary features contributing to overlong load times/menu times. I would axe car wash/engine rebuild/oil change/chassis restoration, and merge the remaining GT Auto features into the regular tuning menu.

I do like accessing tuning for vehicles which I'm not currently in, so perhaps this could be extended for visual customisation as well. Car customisation/modification and racing are the two reasons why I play GT.

More efficient menus without unnecessary features would be great. Having played GT4 recently it was a total nightmare to navigate the menu.

Last edited:
When GT5 was about to be released, Polyphony was talking about a city you can drive around in, that was a social feature to the game. They didn't end up fitting it into the game. I suspect they have been working on it since, and it will be a GT6 feature.
Also, They showed video of damage modeling that was a lot more detailed than anything we ended up getting in GT5 (doors and trunks that open, etc.). I suspect Kaz rejected the damage model because it was not good enough yet. I would hope they have been working on their damage engine as well. GT2 featured Pikes Peak Intl' hill climb track. I would like to see it again!
GT5 only had 3 or 4 rally locations, it needed more.
They should drop 3D support in exchange for some other feature/richer graphics. 3D really messed up GT5.

Io vorrei le auto storiche relly francesi, e poter scegliere il raggio del cerchio, ed avere libero arbitrio se montare il turbo ho no su auto aspirate. poter mettere il mio nome sul vetro delle auto, avere una fisica di movimento migliore "esempio" quando due auto in corsa si tamponano dovrebbero come minimo schizzare fuori pista avendo seri problemi sulle auto: ruote staccate radiatori fumanti perdita d'acqua con conseguenze sul motore come la rottura, insomma più simulazione su la fisica degli incidenti!!! io in vita mia non ho mai visto una macchina che a grande velocità prendendo un cordolo senza ribaltassi e in fine basta basta basta con tutte le auto made in japan vorrei molte più auto europe.

Well I'm not with you. And so are many others. Get over yourself.

Io vorrei le auto storiche relly francesi, e poter scegliere il raggio del cerchio, ed avere libero arbitrio se montare il turbo ho no su auto aspirate. poter mettere il mio nome sul vetro delle auto, avere una fisica di movimento migliore "esempio" quando due auto in corsa si tamponano dovrebbero come minimo schizzare fuori pista avendo seri problemi sulle auto: ruote staccate radiatori fumanti perdita d'acqua con conseguenze sul motore come la rottura, insomma più simulazione su la fisica degli incidenti!!! io in vita mia non ho mai visto una macchina che a grande velocità prendendo un cordolo senza ribaltassi e in fine basta basta basta con tutte le auto made in japan vorrei molte più auto europe.

Um..?

Well I'm not with you. And so are many others. Get over yourself.

Simon and I aren't exactly what you'd call best friends.

But even I think that's pretty harsh to him.

We all have opinions on this thread, and if we all thought the exact same thing then this place would be pretty boring sometimes.

So don't tell him to get over himself just for voicing his opinion as much as you are.

Just chill.

EDIT:@ Above, not trying to seem like I'm copying what you're saying or anything. Just was sorta thinking the same thing as you.

I think he wants more European cars specifically French classics, he has had enough with Japanese cars. Better Impact physics, better damage on the wheels, radiators bursting, better rollover and also wants to put his name on the windows. That's all I could make out I think.

Good luck telling him that.. I'll let you guys figure out what language he's speaking since Im clueless on everything that isn't English or Spanish.

Possibly.. Englísho onlyeaux?

KinLM
Good luck telling him that.. I'll let you guys figure out what language he's speaking since Im clueless on everything that isn't English or Spanish.

Possibly.. Englísho onlyeaux?

Very funny... (sarcasm) It's Italian mate.

I want Race Mod to come in stages and the buy the mod method that GT5 uses. In the original series, (1, 2 &3) you buy a car, and turn it into a full race mod. When you did weight reduction, various parts and trim in the car were removed. Those parts and trim were replaced with racing roll cages, seats, dash and steering wheel until you had completely turned you car into a racing machine.

That's part of the character of the game. It can have much more impact with the ability to see in the interior and check out the changes that have been made.

It made earning money in off-line racing more important. Thus those races mean more. The parts for upgrading cars shrunk. There were many types of LSDs and brakes. Those part selections need to come back with GT6.

They need to add tire/rim size selection as well as the ability to convert drive type and engine placement. In other words, front to rear, rear to 4WD you name it. The gearing and engine torque should be modifiable.

Finally, body pannels, front and rear spoiler kits and paint options need to be adjustable. And you should be able to add numbering to any car if you wish. :cheers:

Here's what I thought of:

HUD:
-Like Split Second and the WWE games starting with vs. RAW 2010, have the HUD items (time, rank, position, etc.) below the car (and the back view), moving with it, and delete the extra clutter on the upper left and right hand corners of the screen and relegate it where as explained above. If in the dashboard view, have it like Need for Speed: Shift where the driver list, position and time look like they're on both sides of the player's view.

-When you get disqualified during a license test or a special event, have the HUD animate like the Super Smash Bros. series of games when a player character is knocked off the field (falling down, etc.) when not using the dashboard cam. If possible, have the player choose which animations to use when something unfortunate like this happens.

-When disqualified in dashboard view by way of hitting walls and other cars, have the HUD animate while giving the player a motion blur as in Shift 1 - and have the motion blur match the severity of the hit.

-When a time is of bronze, silver or gold, have the player's time that shaded color the minute they cross the finish line. This is then followed by the colored trophy jingle as soon as the time is colored in.

-Give the player the option where to freely place the HUD.

Menu:
-Have the player select which menu sound effects to use (GT1, 2, 3, 4 - or remixed versions) or the default.

-Keep the custom soundtrack options, as always, but allow the player to customize the jingles (finish, disqualification, license prize, etc.) as well.

Gameplay - Flags:
-Have the player choose the size for black flag penalties (not license tests): Time Penalty (Mild), Forced Pit Entry (Strong) or Game Over (Severe). 'Game Over' immediately stops your car, starts it back up again under low power, gives the FINISH screen and results - and automatically drops you to last place - if you do not follow directions to go to the pits within the allotted time, indicated by a timer.

Depending on the severity of the unsportsmanlike behavior in 'Game Over' mode, either allow the player to have his/her prize winnings cut in half or award lesser prize winnings. If the leveling up for A-spec or B-spec is still there, award less experience.

If in a Championship Race in GT Mode, depending on the severity of the race behavior, 5 points should be deducted for cutting corners or a clear wall hit while 10 points should be deducted for a clear hit on other cars or spinning them out, while in 'Game Over', 20 points should be deducted for a disqualification. This can really affect positions if one is not careful.

-If this is the player's first time playing, introduce a tutorial that teaches them what to do when a certain colored flag (yellow, red, all types of blue, black, etc.) is waved (if all flags are confirmed to be in the game), and have the player attempt to follow directions in the tutorial. Depending on how well they do, they should be awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze prize.

Gameplay - General
-Have the player choose the scoring method upon finishing a race, Normal or Grade. Grade acts like another Polyphony Digital game, Omega Boost that tallies your grade up to 100 upon completing a level, and have points deducted for hitting walls or other cars or leaving the course or cutting corners (A-spec and B-spec) when the player finishes a race. You could receive a free car ticket if, for example, you score a 100 in five races. The score gets two zeros added to your prize winnings for this bonus. For example, if you score 95 points, you get 9,500 credits extra added on to the prize winnings for the normal race.

As a director, you can also be graded on your gameplay/performance in this mode.

Depending on the severity of any unsportsmanlike behavior demonstrated by the player, up to 50 or all points should be deducted depending on the penalty settings as explained above.

-Keep all the options (including control) from GT5.

Gameplay - License tests/special events:
-Have the player choose the scoring method as explained above, but this time in Grade mode, have the player start off with 100 points for each test. For every mistake they make, 5 points should be deducted for a half-spin or a full-spin, 10 if they cut the track, 20 if they hit other cars, and an instant disqualification indicated by the loss of all points (Lose would be the default setting) if they hit a wall or leave the course. Also have the player choose how many points to deduct if these things happen, and the option to choose instant disqualification if a player makes contact with other cars.

Gold, Silver or Bronze times should be about 10-20 points toward your final grade of a challenge and can be adjusted by the player. So, for example, if a player finishes with 60 points and gets a Silver time, the final grade would gradually increase. You would need a score of 70 points (which can also be changed freely (70-77 or higher)) to successfully clear the test/challenge. No extra points are awarded if the time is exceeded, but you could easily get a Bronze prize if you don't make too many mistakes, for example.

-In Grade mode, have the player receive extra credit if, for example, in the final exam of a specific license, he or she goes 1 lap without touching any cars, hitting walls, leaving the course or cutting the track. Also come up with extra credit challenges during license tests. There should be a PSN trophy if a player does at least 5 of them without being disqualified.

That's all I could think of right now...

Last edited:
Back