This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
I think most of the complainers here are working on a completely different timeframe than expected. I personally have no problem playing an ever expanding game for the next 4 years, as I did with GT Sport.

I recognise there's a huge proportion of people who plan to buy a game, extinguish as much content as they can in the first couple of weeks and move on to the next. That's fine also!

I don't think PD are trolling or playing the fanbase, I just think expectations are in some cases misaligned. (Also this game blatantly wasn't ready)

I personally have no problem playing an ever expanding game for the next 4 years, as I did with GT Sport.
That's fine when the company tells you that's what you're going to be getting. PD didn't. They claimed GT7, at launch, would be the most complete GT game to date. They didn't say they would purposely hold content back to drip feed over several years.

People expected what they promoted, just as they did with GT Sport. That game might not have been much at launch, but it was exactly what they promoted and advertised. GT7 wasn't/isn't.

When you put it like that, I realise how people are regretting their purchase. I suppose I fall into the category of a person who got more or less what was expected,so it never really occurred to me.
Except they didn't ...

Where is the "at launch" bit you asserted?
Is the product people bought on March 4th called Gran Turismo 7? Is that what they said was the most complete? No, they didn't literally use the words at launch but they dont need to. If you dont add a qualifier, it's implied you're talking about the day 1 product, not a version of the game that doesn't exist yet.

They didn't say "when we've finished updating the game in a few years we think it might be the most complete", they were speaking in the present tense. They already thought of it as that, somehow.

How can you think of GT7 as the most complete GT game TO DATE if what you're actually talking about is a hypothetical version of the game far in the future?

Last edited:
Is the product people bought on March 4th called Gran Turismo 7? Is that what they said was the most complete? No, they didn't literally use the words at launch but they dont need to. If you dont add a qualifier, it's implied you're talking about the day 1 product, not a version of the game that doesn't exist yet.

They didn't say "when we've finished updating the game in a few years we think it might be the most complete", they were speaking in the present tense. They already thought of it as that, somehow.
So you interpreted their commercial material in an optimistic way. That's something else than that they made a statement that way.
"we think of" is a very open statement, and if you interpret that as " will be at launch" that's what you make of it.
I am sorry you are disappointed. GT7, like it's immediate predecessors, is a game they will develop over time.

So you interpreted their commercial material in an optimistic way. That's something else than that they made a statement that way.
"we think of" is a very open statement, and if you interpret that as " will be at launch" that's what you make of it.
I am sorry you are disappointed. GT7, like it's immediate predecessors, is a game they will develop over time.
So by your logic when they said in the same video that GT7 will have 34 locations, if when people got the game found it really only had 26 that'd be ok because they never said "at launch"? Do they have to add that qualifier to every statement so we don't assume incorrectly that's what they mean? No, that'd be silly.

At no point in that video or any other promo material did they say this was going to be a live service game.

How can they think of GT7 as the most complete GT game to date when they know full well it's missing so much? Either they forgot what was in their old games or they were being purposely misleading, giving people wrong expectations.

I certainly won't be believing any such statements in future.

How can you think of GT7 as the most complete GT game TO DATE if what you're actually talking about is a hypothetical version of the game far in the future?
I can't really recall the context of that statement but just reading it as is now couldn't it mean feature wise and not necessarily as content as a whole?

Edit: I mean, we all know what PD's track record is like with missing features at launch in the past :sly:

Last edited:
I can't really recall the context of that statement but just reading it as is now couldn't it mean feature wise and not necessarily as content as a whole?
I don't see how you could consider it the most complete in any regard. Where is B Spec, course maker or other features from past games? Where is the proper career mode of the past games? Cafe is no substitute. It's not the most complete selection of cars, nor tracks.

have bought a PS5 and fanatec wheel and GT7 at a large price.

And i very much regret it now.

SONY are you listening?
Fanatec are you listening?

I have bought every playstation since PS1 but after this GT7 FIASCO i want to sell it all and go X-Box and Forza horizon.

Utterly disappointed.

So by your logic when they said in the same video that GT7 will have 34 locations, if when people got the game found it really only had 26 that'd be ok because they never said "at launch"? Do they have to add that qualifier to every statement so we don't assume incorrectly that's what they mean? No, that'd be silly.

At no point in that video or any other promo material did they say this was going to be a live service game.

How can they think of GT7 as the most complete GT game to date when they know full well it's missing so much? Either they forgot what was in their old games or they were being purposely misleading, giving people wrong expectations.

I certainly won't be believing any such statements in future.
You are being argumentative. 34 locations is an exact statement while we think of is not. And you know it. So I will leave you now with your own interpretations.

2wsa95frnho81.jpg

That's from the Playstation store. You still can't sell cars...

Let's see this statement: Navigate over 90 track routes in dynamic weather conditions.
There are currently 11 tracks with dynamic weather.

No idea what PD is doing nowadays but they're already way behind the update schedule GT Sport had, while a lot of things went backwards from GT Sport.

I don't see how you could consider it the most complete in any regard. Where is B Spec, course maker or other features from past games? Where is the proper career mode of the past games? Cafe is no substitute. It's not the most complete selection of cars, nor tracks.
They were both missing at launch from GT6. GT Sport had pretty much the whole of single player missing. If B-spec and course maker were never to be included in GT7 then its not missing. This is PD we're talking about here :sly:

Edit: Also they didn't mention it was the most complete in tracks or cars or anything else, just that they think it's the most complete. That's why I thought they were possibly talking about not having missing features like in the past.

Last edited:
Iou are being argumentative. 34 locations is an exact statement while we think of is not. And you know it. So I will leave you now with your own interpretations.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. Of course I understand it was framed as merely their opinion of the game, but they were sharing that opinion to trusting consumers as a way to market the game. I can't simply believe it was their honest belief, but just marketing mumbo that I was silly enough to fall for. There is no way they genuinely thought that, imo. If they did, then God help us.

If someone cooks you a meal and tells you they think it's the best steak they've ever cooked, you're going to be a bit miffed when its chewy and dry. Sure it was only their feeling, not fact, but you trust them.

They were both missing at launch from GT6. GT Sport had pretty much the whole of single player missing. If B-spec and course maker were never to be included in GT7 then its not missing. This is PD we're talking about here :sly:
What I mean is surely to consider it your most complete game you have to include all of your best features from across the series? That's when the sentiment means.

Last edited:
have bought a PS5 and fanatec wheel and GT7 at a large price.

And i very much regret it now.

SONY are you listening?
Fanatec are you listening?

I have bought every playstation since PS1 but after this GT7 FIASCO i want to sell it all and go X-Box and Forza horizon.

Utterly disappointed.
I was so excited I bought the game twice. Steelbook for collection and the ps4 code, and ps5 digital version for convenience.
Since then I have bought a Series X and now play Forza 7 more for campaign races. The AI is bad there as well but you have full control over it. Economy is rather stingy too, but it has tons of races and it rains at Brand's Hatch etc. Plus the city tracks are amazing. Why has GT ditched all the city tracks...

Actually my kid has the ps5 now, I still play GT7 on ps4 pro but otherwise it's Series X nowadays. He might as well use it as GT7 doesn't look much better on ps5 anyway.

What I mean is surely to consider it your most complete game you have to include all of your best features from across the series? That's when the sentiment means.
Why? What you or I think should be in or out and what their best features are means nothing. B-spec means nothing to me for example, so how is it's exclusion of any consequence to me. If they'd advertised B-Spec was to be included then it's a different story.

PD can make up their own minds on what they think complete is, be it right or wrong in other peoples eyes.

PD have a very odd way of defining the word complete then.

B-Spec's main purpose was to be a way of native afk grinding. E.g. no need for afk scripts. And that honestly is the reason why I think B-Spec should be included again. I could set Bob to do the 1hr of Spa while I go do other things.

PD have a very odd way of defining the word complete then.

B-Spec's main purpose was to be a way of native afk grinding. E.g. no need for afk scripts. And that honestly is the reason why I think B-Spec should be included again. I could set Bob to do the 1hr of Spa while I go do other things.
They already want to nerf credits. There's no way they're going to gladly hand you an AFK alternative to MTX.

Why? What you or I think should be in or out and what their best features are means nothing. B-spec means nothing to me for example, so how is it's exclusion of any consequence to me. If they'd advertised B-Spec was to be included then it's a different story.

PD can make up their own minds on what they think complete is, be it right or wrong in other peoples eyes.
They're part of GT though, so I'd expect most if not all previous features to be in the "most complete" GT, buy maybr that's just me.

I would also certainly expect it to have all the best tracks from the series. Most complete GT with no Grand Valley, Midfield?

Last edited:
I guess the trouble is that when you spend 10 million credits on a car there is no way for that car to earn you back the money it took away. If they're that worried about people grinding specific lucrative events, at least give us one time only mission races to use our ridiculously expensive cars to claw a healthy sum of that money back. But PD seems to be very hesitant to give us anywhere to race the cars we buy, so who knows? I suspect they wait on future DLC with relevant cars to give us the events, hence why we only got the kei car cup now (I know the Cappuccino was last month, but PD aren't exactly timely). Trying to figure out what PD are doing is like asking a politician a question.

Last edited:
That's fine when the company tells you that's what you're going to be getting. PD didn't. They claimed GT7, at launch, would be the most complete GT game to date. They didn't say they would purposely hold content back to drip feed over several years.

People expected what they promoted, just as they did with GT Sport. That game might not have been much at launch, but it was exactly what they promoted and advertised. GT7 wasn't/isn't.
not to mention the ingame economy and the freakin microtransactions release after reviews thats a rip off

They're part of GT though, so I'd expect most if not all previous features to be in the "most complete" GT, buy maybr that's just me.

I would also certainly expect it to have all the best tracks from the series. Most complete GT with no Grand Valley, Midfield?
You're projecting your expectations and what you feel complete should look like on to PD though.

We know already that other previous games were far from complete at launch, so if PD started with a checkbox list of features and wanted, lets say A,B,C,D,E and F in the game and delivered all of those things at launch then wouldn't it be fair for them to consider it complete?

You're projecting your expectations and what you feel complete should look like on to PD though.

We know already that other previous games were far from complete at launch, so if PD started with a checkbox list of features and wanted, lets say A,B,C,D,E and F in the game and delivered all of those things at launch then wouldn't it be fair for them to consider it complete?
most complete is what they claimed. More complete than any other GT game. I don't know how PD could genuinely consider that to be true of GT7.

most complete is what they claimed. More complete than any other GT game. I don't know how PD could genuinely consider that to be true of GT7.
As I mentioned, in their eyes it could be as simple as they ticked the most checkboxes. That would make it the most complete to them, but not necessarily to us.

As I mentioned, in their eyes it could be as simple as they ticked the most checkboxes. That would make it the most complete to them, but not necessarily to us.
Then they should've been much more clear about that from the get-go. They still claimed that GT7 was the most complete GT experience thus far, and as such they should've known that that would create a particular set of expectations, especially from long-term players who grew up with the series. The subsequent result, and reactions, are of their own doing.

If this is indeed the most complete GT game by PDs standards, than that would suggest a significant drop in quality and/or a significant amount of incompetence from them.

Back