(Banned)
Portugal
Setubal, Portugal
Grimm66Jack
Ferrari 330 P4
Jaguar XJ13
Ford Mark IV

These are the 3 cars you need.

PS: You cannot buy the same car 3x, it won't unlock the trophy. Someone on PSNProfiles bought the Ford Mark IV 3x and it didn't pop the trophy. You have to buy the 3 cars specifically.

So, no one has achieved the GT7 Platinum due to this one Trophy: "Three Legendary Cars".

For starters, I'm going to post here the original description, which is in japanese:
かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手

The following, 産声を上げる, which is what is "misleading" (or not) most people, means, exactly: "to be born" (in this context, because it can also be "the first cry of a newborn baby", and since we are talking about cars, it's not this for sure, context in japanese means a lot).

Which pretty much sums it up to: "Obtain/Get 3 legendary cars that were once/at one time, born to win a 24 hour race." <---- This is pretty much as literal as you can go with this translation. There's really not much to go on about it, the english version mentions "destined to win", but that would need these Kanji: 運命 which mean fate/destiny.

With this all out of the way, this can mean 2 things:

Get 3 cars that have won a 24 hour race.
Get 3 cars that were "designed" to win a 24 hour race (but didn't win?).

And the 3 cars have to be bought from the Legendary Car dealership (it doesn't specify if you can buy the same car 3x or if you have to buy 3 different cars).

And that's pretty much all we have to go with.

However, pretty much all cars that have appeared so far in the legendary car dealer, some people (somehow, lol) were able to get them all, and the trophy did not pop.

And such cars that are related to 24 hour races are:

Sauber C9 Mercedes - Won 24 Hour Le Mans
Ford Mark IV - Won 24 Hour Le Mans
Porsche 917k - Won 24 Hour Daytona

And yet the trophy has not popped yet to anyone who has bought these 3 cars. Someone has also bought 3 Sauber C9 Mercedes and the trophy did not pop, but this means nothing as we don't know if the car is part of the trophy in the first place.

This can mean a lot of things:

1. It could be 3 cars that were created to win 24 hour races but didn't.
2. It could be 3 cars that won 24 Hours Le Mans (unlikely to be any other 24 hour race because Le Mans is by far the most prestigious).
3. It could be 3 cars where each one of them won 3 different 24 hour races (Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Daytona).
4. It could be 3 cars from different regions that won a 24 hour race (America, Asia, Europe).
5. It could be just 3 cars that PD had in mind (which is just stupid, but I wouldn't put it past them).
or...
6. The Trophy is bugged.

We have many other cars related to 24hr races that are yet to appear in the legendary car dealer, like the McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu, Ferrari 330P4, the Jaguar XJR-9, the Mazda 787B...
I think this trophy by itself deserves it's own discussion thread.

What do you guys think? What possible 3 combination could it be? Or is the trophy bugged (wouldn't be surprising)?

Last edited:
My Japanese Friend translated the message to be: someone got three legend cars which were made to win 24 Heures du Mans

Judging from the list of winners on Wikipedia,
my guess it'll be 3 from these:

Ford GT40 Mk IV, Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, McLaren F1 GTR, Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2011, Porsche 919 2016,

Not sure about these, because they didn't win
Alfa Romeo 8C-2300 - wrong model year? In-game 1937, but won Le Mans in 1934
Jaguar D-Type 1954, Ferrari won in 1954, The D-type won in 1955 (& 56, 57)
Porsche 917K, a 917 did win in 1970, not the one with a Gulf livery?
Porsche 962, 1988 was won by Jaguar
Porsche GT1 Strassenversion 1997, the GT1 won in 1998
Peugeot 908 HDi 2010 - Peugeot won in 2009, Audi won in 2010
Audi R18 e-tron 2016 (Porsche won that year)
Toyota TS050, as Toyota didn't start winning until 2018

Will the Peugeot 905, BMW V12 LMR, Bentley Speed 8 be in the game?
Will the Mk 1 Gulf livery GT40 return?

Last edited:
My trophy screen (on PS4) shows like 0.1% of people have this Trophy, so someone has it.
On PSN 0.1% is the default (and lowest possible) value.

Go check PSN profiles and there's 0%. No one has this trophy. And the biggest trophy hunters are all asking how to get this one.

It seems that it's either bugged or we need 3 specific cars, of which at least 1 (maybe all 3) has not appeared yet in the Legendary Car Dealer.

Last edited:

Go check PSN profiles and there's 0%. No one has this trophy. And the biggest trophy hunters are all asking how to get this one.

It seems that it's either bugged or we need 3 specific cars, of which at least 1 (maybe all 3) has not appeared yet in the Legendary Car Dealer.
I think that, with the narrowest definition, only 7 cars in the game won Le Mans. So, it'll be 3 from these
My Japanese Friend translated the message to be: someone got three legend cars which were made to win 24 Heures du Mans

Ford GT40 Mk IV, Jaguar XJR-9, Sauber Mercedes C9, Mazda 787B, McLaren F1 GTR, Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2011, Porsche 919 2016,

Although the translation suggests a wider definition

Last edited:
I was wondering how long it would be before other trophy hunters started asking this.

Basically this is the only trophy I have left to do and so I have stopped playing the game until the payouts improve to make this an achievable goal.

There is no way in the world will I subject myself to the pain of grinding the 30-40mil credits needed to do this when we still do not know which cars are required. And as a dead set certainty I will NEVER EVER resort to buying credits either.

So my advice is be patient, sit back and just wait. The trophy will eventually be available ;-)

BTW all I could think about while doing the trophies is how on earth will anybody ever be able to do a speed run at the Platinum.

I was wondering how long it would be before other trophy hunters started asking this.

Basically this is the only trophy I have left to do and so I have stopped playing the game until the payouts improve to make this an achievable goal.

There is no way in the world will I subject myself to the pain of grinding the 30-40mil credits needed to do this when we still do not know which cars are required. And as a dead set certainty I will NEVER EVER resort to buying credits either.

So my advice is be patient, sit back and just wait. The trophy will eventually be available ;-)

BTW all I could think about while doing the trophies is how on earth will anybody ever be able to do a speed run at the Platinum.
Yes, I for one, if I'm able to get the trophy I will say which car that I bought allowed it to pop and also give the list of cars that I had bought previously.

For the speedrun issue... ... Actually, that isn't an issue at all because this game is not designed for speed runs, and in fact, most games aren't aside from specifics like Uncharted for example.
Speed runs are just a minority of players that try to challenge themselves, a really small minority at that.
The game has plenty horrid problems, but this is not something to use to judge a game at all (I'm not assuming you are doing this, mind you).

any % speedruns will use every exploit known to man

Anything newer than 2001 won't be regarded as legendary, I believe.

Actually, you can see 0.0%!

I didn't know that too, but I checked that trophy last week and I could see 0.0%. No idea why it's showing 0.1% now though...

I didn't know that too, but I checked that trophy last week and I could see 0.0%. No idea why it's showing 0.1% now though...
I just came back to say this very same thing. Thanks for the backup.

Clearly it's showing 0.1% because someone got the trophy.

Maybe it's a hacker or a developer testing it?

Again, no "player" has it. And tons of people have bought all the cars that have appeared so far (when I mean tons, I mean, just enough that they would post around the net for sure). One that I know of has bought all the 24 hour related cars, including even the GT3 and LMP1 cars from Brand Central and does not have the trophy... so...

PS: Legendary and Used CDs are the same for everyone, so it's impossible for 1 player to have a car that NO ONE has.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a hacker or a developer testing it?

Again, no "player" has it. And tons of people have bought all the cars that have appeared so far (when I mean tons, I mean, just enough that they would post around the net for sure). One that I know of has bought all the 24 hour related cars, including even the GT3 and LMP1 cars from Brand Central and does not have the trophy... so...

PS: Legendary and Used CDs are the same for everyone, so it's impossible for 1 player to have a car that NO ONE has.
You know not everyone playing GT7 has a presence on the internet, right?

I said "presence on the internet," not "internet access." Meaning that its entirely possible that someone has obtained the trophy but hasn't posted anywhere online about it.
I know what you said. Now it sits at 0.1% meaning someone has both obtained it and it's public on the internet. Hence internet access.

It's probably a very similar trophy to one in GT5/ GT6 or even Sport. I'd look at those trophy lists for clues

Last edited:
You know not everyone playing GT7 has a presence on the internet, right?
You do know that no one else can have cars that other people don't have... right? Everyone so far has gotten the same chances to buy the cars that have rotated so far.

Not one single person on the internet, even the most obsessive of gamers that play 10 hours a day and have posted pics and statements about having the cars showed so far, have the trophy.

That someone is likely a developer testing, or the trophy is bugged.

As for the GT5 trophy:

Ford Mark IV won Le Mans
330 P4 won Daytona
But... the XJ13 never won anything, it actually never even raced.

Last edited:

If I’m not mistaken PSN profiles only displays the trophy data of people who have linked there PSN to that website

I found the trophy profile of that guy who has Platinum: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gran-turismo-7-stack/trophies/huang-teng

Note that it was the "EU version". Seems he is currently playing the "overall" PS5 version. So for sure just a playtester account.

Got a couple screenshots:

huang-teng - Gran Turismo 7 Trophy Progress _ PlayStationTrophies.org - Google Chrome 25-Mar-2...pngThree Legendary Cars Trophy - Gran Turismo 7 _ PlayStationTrophies.org - Brave 16-Mar-22 11_02...png

Last edited:
I found the trophy profile of that guy who has Platinum: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/gran-turismo-7-stack/trophies/huang-teng

Note that it was the "EU version". Seems he is currently playing the "overall" PS5 version. So for sure just a playtester account.

Got a couple screenshots:

View attachment 1128704View attachment 1128705
Thank you, very interesting, but if the "Three Legendary Cars" trophy shows 0.1% because of him, why is the Platinum Trophy showing 0.0%?! And I wonder if 0.1% means 0.05% and over, because 0.04% would be 0.0% so it would take a lot of people to see 0.1%.

A27
Thank you, very interesting, but if the "Three Legendary Cars" trophy shows 0.1% because of him, why is the Platinum Trophy showing 0.0%?! And I wonder if 0.1% means 0.05% and over, because 0.04% would be 0.0% so it would take a lot of people to see 0.1%.
I believe that is because there are different trophy sets: PS5, and various PS4 subsets: EU, NA, Asia and JP. This guy got his Platinum on the PS4 EU subset.

I'm surprised he is actually a member of PST dot org. You would figure that Sony & the studios would not want any of their testing activities to be public.

Off-topic, but did you already get the trophy where you have to drive something like 80,000km online? How long did that one take?

Back