"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
I don't know anything about Gran Turismo. In the end, I'm probably an idiot with a lot of luck and bought the vehicles randomly.

You should change your name to BoomerangMax.

Boomerang-Trotter-always-comes-back.jpg

as I non trophy hunter I found this thread interesting a fan of language. From the original Japanese language goal it does seem it required three cars from the legendary dealership that were built/designed to win a 24 hr race. Another poster mentioned this but most race cars are built with the intention to win. I'd disagree that all are as some are just out there to fulfill sponsorship requirements while not being embarrassed. I guess it would make sense if these three cars had considerable more resources put into them than other cars in the game that had participated in LeMans/Daytona.

I’m sorry, but I’m still chuckling about the “move on” guy starting a protracted discussion after claiming that we shouldn’t have protracted discussions.

What’s more asinine: debating over the description of a trophy or debating over the debate of a description of a trophy? I’ll go with the former, since we’re all here to talk about video games after all.

We may be setting the bar too high for the types of discussions that happen on a gaming message board. There are people here literally playing the same event 25-100 times a week to get fake money to buy digital cars. Not me though. I literally would never do anything of the sort

…(closes garage door to obscure my recently purchased 330 P4, 787B, XJR-9, and battered Tomahawk) .

In all seriousness though @max351 , perhaps this is an example of why we should just let people enjoy things. If you don’t like what you see then just keep scrolling, fam! 😁

Last edited:
We may be setting the bar too high for the types of discussions that happen on a gaming message board. There are people here literally playing the same event 25-100 times a week to get fake money to buy digital cars. Not me though. I literally would never do anything of the sort

…(closes garage door to obscure my recently purchased 330 P4, 787B, XJR-9, and battered Tomahawk) .
You are still right... YOU didn't do that same event 25-100x. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to get back to why my 787B, 330 P4 , and McLaren F1 GTR should have qualified me for this trophy. I guess I won’t share the petition now…….we had so much momentum too..

I really want to get back to why my 787B, 330 P4 , and McLaren F1 GTR should have qualified me for this trophy. I guess I won’t share the petition now…….we had so much momentum too..
Most wouldn't disagree with you (just one obvious person in this thread would...)
Personally I believe that PD should either:

-Update the trophy description to make it clearer: Ie: Acquired the following three cars: XX XX XX
-Update the trophy so that the others cars that actually fit the description also count... and make it so buying 3 of the same car that fits the requirements works (as this too fits the trophy description)

Personally I believe they should update the trophy description and I wouldn't be surprised if they do that now...
The Cars have now been found, they are all over the internet via forums and guides now... its unlikely they will continue having much of a financial benefit from keeping this going.

Last edited:
How do I know how many achievers got this trophy BTW? At least in PSNProfiles.

Because I am seriously surprised that so many people (over 100?) got the Mark IV AND the XJ13 when back then they were a combined 16.6 million and the economy was what it was. Damn, they really must've grinded the heck out of Fisherman's Ranch. I don't know if it's a bad or good thing that I am incapable of repeating one event (not to mention god awful Rally) quite a few dozen times to get those cars.
Getting the XJ13 was pain for me as I did nothing but grinded in Fishermans Ranch on my entire Sunday.

ok, i got my 16,6 mio for the last two. what‘s the rotation time again?
one new car in LDS all 3-4 days???
We will have one new car today...

The AVERAGE is 1 car per day. However, there are days where you can get 3 or 4 new add ons, and there are days where you get 0. The past few days we've had no cars.

Congrats on the platinum trophies those who’ve now got it!

So, try again, come up with an actual game that requires DLC to platinum. There isn't any mate.
There actually is a game that requires DLC purchases to obtain trophies. Desert Ashes that released on Vita in 2018. Two trophies from the base list were locked behind DLC costing $1.99 each. The game was F2P, but you still had to buy the extra content to get them. This must be incredibly rare, however.

Congrats on the platinum trophies those who’ve now got it!

There actually is a game that requires DLC purchases to obtain trophies. Desert Ashes that released on Vita in 2018. Two trophies from the base list were locked behind DLC costing $1.99 each. The game was F2P, but you still had to buy the extra content to get them. This must be incredibly rare, however.

The game is free 2 play... So yeah, that is not the same case.

*Your first point is negated by the fact that we had a Ford GT40 Mark I, Alfa Romeo 8C 2900, and about 10 others which have participated in Le Mans and won, followed by others which didn't won but were built to win it. Yet none of these made the trophy pop.
Ok, Einstein. You think you are so smart... and you used a classic fallacy to make your point. You came to a conclusion that's not necessarily correct, but it's convenient to you. Go search what "fallacy" means and carefully read your sentence above again. Your logic is flawed.
And yet you say this:

What are you trying to prove here? There's no other context to take into account here.

Are you just trying to be a smartass and tell all of us that that it was obvious for you, in your infinite wisdom, that it was the cars from the GT5 trophy?

Newsflash buddy, almost everyone here suspected that as a possibility, myself included.

However, all of us who suspected still thought it would be stupid because it's not what the trophy describes, at all, not even close.

And this is precisely what we are saying. It's not even up for debate, the trophy description is wrong, period.

-There is no "destiny"-related word in the original trophy description in japanese. Which even if it was, it would still be wrong because the Jaguar XJ13 was never destined to win anything, as it didn't, and the trophy description was wrote after (2022) the event happened (1967). This is a case of propper context, not what you are trying to make out.
-There is nothing specifying that it's 24hr of Le Mans, it says quite clearly, 24hr races, which we know for a fact there are others other than Le Mans.
-There is nothing specifying or even being anywhere near an implication that it's 3 cars that raced each other... Let alone one that never even raced to begin with. Which again, even if it was, there are 3 other Legendary cars in the game that actually raced together AND WON 24 hr races (Porsche 962C, Mercedes Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9).

So you cannot tell us that this description fits those cars because it simply does not, at least not one of them. And yet, it fits others that don't make the trophy pop up.
You are too butthurt that you didn't get this trophy earlier. Grow up. I didn't want to prove anything. That was just my opinion, but you are attacking me for no reason.

Wasn’t the jaguar xg13 designed specifically for Le Mans and had a large amount of man hours put into it. It’s a large part of the mythos of endurance racing. I don’t see how you could say it doesn’t fit the original Japanese trophy description.

Got the P4 today. Now I just need 14,6 million credits and some patience. I’ll keep grinding as much as possible until the next update.

The game is free 2 play... So yeah, that is not the same case.
You asked the question, I answered.

How about The Eye of Judgment (PS3)? Has a platinum trophy, it was not free to play, 24 of the 39 trophies in the base list were locked behind two DLC packs costing $19.99. Does this fit your criteria?
But if you don't trust me, just do a google search or try to find a game that requires DLC for the Plat (hint: you'll find none).
So yeah, a quick google search would reveal a small handful of older titles that implemented this. Thankfully this practice has been done away with.

So yeah, a quick google search would reveal a small handful of older titles that implemented this. Thankfully this practice has been done away with.
Truth be told... I didn't see any games before 2011 (of the ones I searched)... So I guess the law was only applied post-2010 or 2011.

Well, the point still stands (and has been confirmed) that any new game these days for Playstation cannot use DLC for the Platinum. Which was what some people were trying to get at for this specific trophy.

Last edited:
Got the P4 today. Now I just need 14,6 million credits and some patience. I’ll keep grinding as much as possible until the next update.
The Circuit Experience events pay handsomely if you haven't done them yet. To the tune of 50million+ all together, assuming you want a break from repetitive grinding that is.

Jerome

The Circuit Experience events pay handsomely if you haven't done them yet. To the tune of 50million+ all together, assuming you want a break from repetitive grinding that is.

Jerome
Thank you Jerome,

Yes i know that circuit experiences are a great payout. But it’s also sooo frustrating. Laguna seca is still kicking my ass. I can’t shave off the last .035 seconds. It’s maddening

Thank you Jerome,

Yes i know that circuit experiences are a great payout. But it’s also sooo frustrating. Laguna seca is still kicking my ass. I can’t shave off the last .035 seconds. It’s maddening
I find I trim the most time at Laguna when I enter from the right and brake early for the corkscrew so that I'm getting on the gas as I cross that first left rumble strip. Then floor it on the way out and trust the car and the angle you took. Then it's a soft, quick brake for the sweeping left just to get the car to begin to point inward.

Jerome

Thank you Jerome,

What tcs are you using in Laguna Seca CE? You need tcs0 in this one. I couldnt do it in tcs1 even pushing the hardest possible. Once I tried tcs0 I won gold in about 10 tries.

Ferrari 330 P4
Jaguar XJ13
Ford Mark IV

These are the 3 cars you need.

PS: You cannot buy the same car 3x, it won't unlock the trophy. Someone on PSNProfiles bought the Ford Mark IV 3x and it didn't pop the trophy. You have to buy the 3 cars specifically.

So, no one has achieved the GT7 Platinum due to this one Trophy: "Three Legendary Cars".

For starters, I'm going to post here the original description, which is in japanese:
かつて24時間レースに勝利すべく産声をあげた、伝説のレーシングカー3台を入手

The following, 産声を上げる, which is what is "misleading" (or not) most people, means, exactly: "to be born" (in this context, because it can also be "the first cry of a newborn baby", and since we are talking about cars, it's not this for sure, context in japanese means a lot).

Which pretty much sums it up to: "Obtain/Get 3 legendary cars that were once/at one time, born to win a 24 hour race." <---- This is pretty much as literal as you can go with this translation. There's really not much to go on about it, the english version mentions "destined to win", but that would need these Kanji: 運命 which mean fate/destiny.

With this all out of the way, this can mean 2 things:

Get 3 cars that have won a 24 hour race.
Get 3 cars that were "designed" to win a 24 hour race (but didn't win?).

And the 3 cars have to be bought from the Legendary Car dealership (it doesn't specify if you can buy the same car 3x or if you have to buy 3 different cars).

And that's pretty much all we have to go with.

However, pretty much all cars that have appeared so far in the legendary car dealer, some people (somehow, lol) were able to get them all, and the trophy did not pop.

And such cars that are related to 24 hour races are:

Sauber C9 Mercedes - Won 24 Hour Le Mans
Ford Mark IV - Won 24 Hour Le Mans
Porsche 917k - Won 24 Hour Daytona

And yet the trophy has not popped yet to anyone who has bought these 3 cars. Someone has also bought 3 Sauber C9 Mercedes and the trophy did not pop, but this means nothing as we don't know if the car is part of the trophy in the first place.

This can mean a lot of things:

1. It could be 3 cars that were created to win 24 hour races but didn't.
2. It could be 3 cars that won 24 Hours Le Mans (unlikely to be any other 24 hour race because Le Mans is by far the most prestigious).
3. It could be 3 cars where each one of them won 3 different 24 hour races (Spa, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Daytona).
4. It could be 3 cars from different regions that won a 24 hour race (America, Asia, Europe).
5. It could be just 3 cars that PD had in mind (which is just stupid, but I wouldn't put it past them).
or...
6. The Trophy is bugged.

We have many other cars related to 24hr races that are yet to appear in the legendary car dealer, like the McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu, Ferrari 330P4, the Jaguar XJR-9, the Mazda 787B...
I think this trophy by itself deserves it's own discussion thread.

What do you guys think? What possible 3 combination could it be? Or is the trophy bugged (wouldn't be surprising)?
Does anyone know when the three cars will pop up again? Like, has anyone seen the list of all legendary cars etc.? Or is it completely random?

Does anyone know when the three cars will pop up again? Like, has anyone seen the list of all legendary cars etc.? Or is it completely random?
We don't know if this cycle is rotational or random(after all cars appear) yet because we are yet to see some cars.
If it's rotational, the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ford Mark IV will take a while to appear again... Probably 2 weeks. If it's random... it's random, ergo, we don't know.

If you don't get the Ferrari right now, and the cycle is rotational, you will only be able to get the Ferrari in 2 months time... which kinda sucks unless this is the only game you play.

What tcs are you using in Laguna Seca CE? You need tcs0 in this one. I couldnt do it in tcs1 even pushing the hardest possible. Once I tried tcs0 I won gold in about 10 tries.
thank you for your advice. i manage to reduce my time from 1:29:640 to 1:28:814. i still need to shave .214 seconds. It seems soo out of reachright now.
EDIT: Nevermind i finally did it. After what seems a gazillion trials.

Attachments

• D0E3B3EB-44CF-4F17-B3A4-286614156578.jpeg
    D0E3B3EB-44CF-4F17-B3A4-286614156578.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
thank you for your advice. i manage to reduce my time from 1:29:640 to 1:28:814. i still need to shave .214 seconds. It seems soo out of reachright now.
EDIT: Nevermind i finally did it. After what seems a gazillion trials.
Grats

I bought the ferrari 330p4 yesterday. I now have the 330p4 (many le mans wins in the past), xjr9 (won le mans 88) and 787b (won le mans 91). Still no trophy.
Ps: if you are thinking of buying the 330p4 for any competitive use get ready for a lesson in oversteering. The car is really really hard to control, very spinny (those rear tyres feel like they were buttered before the race), and not very effective on fuel consumption (in le mans 30min race only has enough fuel for 3laps on fm1). Chaparal 2j is far better.

Ps: if you are thinking of buying the 330p4 for any competitive use get ready for a lesson in oversteering. The car is really really hard to control, very spinny (those rear tyres feel like they were buttered before the race),
You should adjust your suspension settings and reduce the sensitivity on the LSD it will definitely curb the oversteer

Back