"Three Legendary Cars" Trophy

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 528 comments
jpl
Enjoying the game are we? 😂😂😂😂 Could've earnt some credits while typing that
Actually I was finishing off the Trophy Guide too - and cooking a lasagne.

I don't know precisely what the relevance of any of that is though.

You are taking every single word literally.
That'll be because words have meaning.

Again, all the other trophies are more or less clear in their descriptions. This one is not, and you cannot reasonably get to the conclusion from the words used.

That'll be because words have meaning.

Again, all the other trophies are more or less clear in their descriptions. This one is not, and you cannot reasonably get to the conclusion from the words used.
Sure. I think we would have several "candidates" for this trophy anyway.

Sorry if I'm repeating something already said on the thread. I've been focusing on these 3 cars since the beginning of the game.
PoDi often uses the same trophies from game to another and I based myself on the "dream race" trophy from GT5. Chasing Gran Turismo platinum trophies from GT5 and there are always same trophies again an again ( Autobahn Trophies in GT5, GT6, GT7 - Scapes trophies in GTS and GT7, ... )

There is no list or something else, just 3 cars to buy:

• Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
  • Jaguar XJ13 '66
  • Ferrari 330 P4 '67

Plat's unlock this morning.

Last edited:
As a said, you have to consider the context. You are taking every single word literally.
The first time I read this trophy I was 99% sure it was the cars from GT5.

My first point is not negated. Of course those cars could pop the trophy, but PD had to choose three.
About my second point: yes, literally it doesn't. You have to consider the context.
The context is there... 3 cars (doesn't specify 3, it could be 3 out of X number, as it implies).

And the reason you were "99%" it was those 3 cars was not because of the trophy description, don't try to fool even yourself, you, as well as I and many others also suggested as a possibility, thought it was those 3 cars because of the fact this Gran Turismo 7 has duplicated trophies from previous GT Games and that 3 Legendary Cars were present in a trophy from GT5.
Had that GT5 trophy never existed and you would never, ever knew it was these 3 cars.

It wasn't because of the description. Again, don't fool yourself.

Actually I was finishing off the Trophy Guide too - and cooking a lasagne.

I don't know precisely what the relevance of any of that is though.
I am under the impression he wanted to quote me and quoted you instead... But I'll wait and see if that's the case.
Considering... ironically... the "context".

Last edited:
The context is there... 3 cars (doesn't specify 3, it could be 3 out of X number, as it implies).

And the reason you were "99%" it was those 3 cars was not because of the trophy description, don't try to fool even yourself, you, as well as I and many others also suggested as a possibility, thought it was those 3 cars because of the fact this Gran Turismo 7 has duplicated trophies from previous GT Games and that 3 Legendary Cars were present in a trophy from GT5.
Had that GT5 trophy never existed and you would never, ever knew it was these 3 cars.

It wasn't because of the description. Again, don't fool yourself.

I am under the impression he wanted to quote me and quoted you instead... But I'll wait and see if that's the case.
Considering... ironically... the "context".
Lol, I didn't say it was because of the description alone. I said that the cars fit the description. But it doesn't mean those three are the only ones.
You used a fallacy to prove your point. Classic.

Last edited:
The worst part of the misleading trophy parameters is I still don't think Jaguar XJ13 is worth the credits their asking for.

Of all 3 cars for this trophy, I feel the Jaguar isn't even worth half what their asking.

For some reason though, Kaz has a fascination with the Jaguar XJ13 since GT5.

I think they should've replaced this trophy with "Complete Collection - Own one of every car available in game".

It takes away the mystery and makes it a longer term thing for the lifespan of the game.
Great point. Yes, I think they should have tied a trophy to this as well, especially since they have trophies for 50 and 100 cars.

Last edited:
Great point. Yes, I think they should have tied a trophy to this as well, especially since they have trophies for 50 and 100 cars.
Perhaps just "Reach level 50" as a collector..

Owning every car is absurd when we start getting DLC cars..

Reaching level 50 seems better, plus there was a trophy for getting to level 50 on GT Sport.

Last edited:
Lol, I didn't say it was because of the description alone. You used a fallacy to prove your point. Classic.
And yet you say this:
So in my view the description (considering other languages too) fits perfectly the three cars.

What are you trying to prove here? There's no other context to take into account here.

Are you just trying to be a smartass and tell all of us that that it was obvious for you, in your infinite wisdom, that it was the cars from the GT5 trophy?

Newsflash buddy, almost everyone here suspected that as a possibility, myself included.

However, all of us who suspected still thought it would be stupid because it's not what the trophy describes, at all, not even close.

And this is precisely what we are saying. It's not even up for debate, the trophy description is wrong, period.

-There is no "destiny"-related word in the original trophy description in japanese. Which even if it was, it would still be wrong because the Jaguar XJ13 was never destined to win anything, as it didn't, and the trophy description was wrote after (2022) the event happened (1967). This is a case of propper context, not what you are trying to make out.
-There is nothing specifying that it's 24hr of Le Mans, it says quite clearly, 24hr races, which we know for a fact there are others other than Le Mans.
-There is nothing specifying or even being anywhere near an implication that it's 3 cars that raced each other... Let alone one that never even raced to begin with. Which again, even if it was, there are 3 other Legendary cars in the game that actually raced together AND WON 24 hr races (Porsche 962C, Mercedes Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9).

So you cannot tell us that this description fits those cars because it simply does not, at least not one of them. And yet, it fits others that don't make the trophy pop up.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it autopops on another console? Or will we need to buy it twice. Thanks!
Just going to bump this if that's alright?

While I'm at it. anyone got a suggestion on how long it will be till we see the ford Mark IV again? Thanks!

My interpretation about this trophy description: the words "once destined" mean two things to me:

• it makes eligible any car that was built (for 24h races), even in its early stage of development, regardless whether it ever hit the track or not;
  • it suggests cars that would have competed against each other in the same race or era;

So in my view the description (considering other languages too) fits perfectly the three cars.
How can a car never entering the race be destined to win anything?

Just going to bump this if that's alright?

While I'm at it. anyone got a suggestion on how long it will be till we see the ford Mark IV again? Thanks!
The Mark IV was available before March 10th if I remember correctly... It takes a while for cars to rotate, so maybe in about 2 or 3 weeks we will see a Mark IV. Don't count on getting one this week or even the next.

Lol, I didn't say it was because of the description alone. I said that the cars fit the description. But it doesn't mean those three are the only ones.
You used a fallacy to prove your point. Classic.
No. If the car never racing anywhere fits the description, then my bobby car from my childhood does too.

And yet you say this:

What are you trying to prove here? There's no other context to take into account here.

Are you just trying to be a smartass and tell all of us that that it was obvious for you, in your infinite wisdom, that it was the cars from the GT5 trophy?

Newsflash buddy, almost everyone here suspected that as a possibility, myself included.

However, all of us who suspected still thought it would be stupid because it's not what the trophy describes, at all, not even close.

And this is precisely what we are saying. It's not even up for debate, the trophy description is wrong, period.

-There is no "destiny"-related word in the original trophy description in japanese. Which even if it was, it would still be wrong because the Jaguar XJ13 was never destined to win anything, as it didn't, and the trophy description was wrote after (2022) the event happened (1967). This is a case of propper context, not what you are trying to make out.
-There is nothing specifying that it's 24hr of Le Mans, it says quite clearly, 24hr races, which we know for a fact there are others other than Le Mans.
-There is nothing specifying or even being anywhere near an implication that it's 3 cars that raced each other... Let alone one that never even raced to begin with. Which again, even if it was, there are 3 other Legendary cars in the game that actually raced together AND WON 24 hr races (Porsche 962C, Mercedes Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-9).

So you cannot tell us that this description fits those cars because it simply does not, at least not one of them. And yet, it fits others that don't make the trophy pop up.
You missed completely what I said. Your logic is completely flawed.

The description of the trophy in Japanese is "born to win"

Jaguar dominated the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the 1950s. The Jaguar XJ13 was developed after changes in regulations and she was supposed to be the new victory weapon for jaguar. This car fit perfectly with "born to win".

Another "PoDi stuff"... People have over-complicated it while trophies are still similar since GT5.

Last edited:
I think they should've replaced this trophy with "Complete Collection - Own one of every car available in game".

It takes away the mystery and makes it a longer term thing for the lifespan of the game.
That's a bit excessive for me. They could've made it just own 10 legendary cars or something along those lines. Or have a trophy for 3 legendary road cars and 3 race cars then have an overall 10 car trophy. That way people get a bit of choice as to what ends up in their collection.

You missed completely what I said. Your logic is completely flawed.
No I did not... And my logic is anything but flawed, unless you can prove otherwise.

But hey, you were the one who said english isn't your first language but how am I supposed it's this bad when you don't even understand what you are posting yourself?

Perhaps just "Reach level 50" as a collector..

Owning every car is absurd when we start getting DLC cars..

Reaching level 50 seems better, plus there was a trophy for getting to level 50 on GT Sport.
Maybe. That’s probably too easy IMO. I think every car in the base game is probably reasonable. Either that or collect “250 cars” which is a reasonable number if you’re going after all of the sporty models with a legendary or two. The cost of legendaries would have probably made “every car” unreasonable.

No I did not... And my logic is anything but flawed, unless you can prove otherwise.

But hey, you were the one who said english isn't your first language but how am I supposed it's this bad when you don't even understand what you are posting yourself?
Now you are attacking my english skills. That's really low.

Really? Interesting. Can you share a screenshot?
IMG_20220420_002816.jpg

This is a bit of a strange thread to read cold.

As far as I can tell its 14 pages of people saying which 3 cars the trophy does NOT relate to. Still, by the time i buy the game when the price drops some, you'll have worked it all out for me 😂

On the plus side, we've established that @Famine likes lasagne 👍. Any special recipe tips we should know about?

All in all with all the research done by many of us, I have to agree with @Famine that the Jag XJ13 does not qualify on any points for the one obvious detail, IT DID NOT RACE....

All in all with all the research done by many of us, I have to agree with @Famine that the Jag XJ13 does not qualify on any points for the one obvious detail, IT DID NOT RACE....
Sigh.
Correct, the car did not race.

But the trophy description does not mention that it had to race, nor does it mention that it needed to win.

It states (in the English versions) that the car "was once destined to win"

Which is clearly past tense.
Which either means:
A. It completed its destiny and no longer needs to fulfil it.
B. It never completed its destiny and has failed it.

I know its hard for some people to comprehend that the word "destiny" is ambiguous and has different meanings in different cultures but a quick google search will verify this: Ie: look at the meaning on different various websites.

The way that PD view this word, "destiny" is not in same way that some people have been brought up to believe. They clearly believe that destiny is something that can be failed and this is what the wording of this trophy refers to.
-Some people believe that destiny is something that that has, and will always happen. No ifs or buts. You are correct for what destiny means to YOU but not necessarily for others. It's time to accept and understand this.

IE: This car was once destined to win because it was designed to win and many felt it was going to win... but it didn't. The car was once destined to win... but now it isn't, it failed its destiny. Fitting within the trophy description.

The trophy wording however clearly means that about 4-5 other cars within the game should also make the trophy pop and most feel that this was a purposeful design decision by PD.

If you take into account the clear design decisions of this game (the F2P model, the low credit limit, lowering credit earning potential, removed a prominent GT feature to sell cars, and limited time expensive cars) it's incredibly likely that they were pushing hard to make people buy MTX by purposely making this trophy vague and getting people to waste their credits on cars that didn't count.

Thankfully the community backlash has made PD change their design direction a little bit and they made progress in fixing the economy. Without that backlash that caused PD to increase the credit earning potential (and AFK methods), acquiring this trophy without MTX would have been a full time job just to get enough credits to buy all of the potential cars and PD know this. It was clearly the plan and they had hoped that it would make people feel more pressure to buy the excessively priced MTX.

They purposely made the last car appear near the end of the LDC refresh on purpose. Its even more clear that this was on purpose as its the only car that replaced a "sold out" car but didn't end up in the same spot, instead it was pushed right to the end of the page. It's all intentional. Pushing the last car out that long was done for a couple of reasons:
1. To Get people to spend their credits on other cars that also fit the trophy description
2. Prolong the games life cycle - there would have been less used copy's up for sale before this addition than what there will be now.

Anyone with a business sense and a general understanding of designing something can tell that PD have done all of these things on purpose and that purpose was.... to make as much money as possible...

Last edited:
Sigh.
Correct, the car did not race.

But the trophy description does not mention that it had to race, nor does it mention that it needed to win.

It states (in the English versions) that the car "was once destined to win"

Which is clearly past tense.
Which either means:
A. It completed its destiny and no longer needs to fulfil it.
B. It never completed its destiny and has failed it.

I know its hard for some people to comprehend that the word "destiny" is ambiguous and has different meanings in different cultures but a quick google search will verify this: Ie: look at the meaning on different various websites.

The way that PD view this word, "destiny" is not in same way that some people have been brought up to believe. They clearly believe that destiny is something that can be failed and this is what the wording of this trophy refers to.
-Some people believe that destiny is something that that has, and will always happen. No ifs or buts. You are correct for what destiny means to YOU but not necessarily for others. It's time to accept and understand this.

IE: This car was once destined to win because it was designed to win and many felt it was going to win... but it didn't. The car was once destined to win... but now it isn't, it failed its destiny. Fitting within the trophy description.

The trophy wording however clearly means that about 4-5 other cars within the game should also make the trophy pop and most feel that this was a purposeful design decision by PD.

If you take into account the clear design decisions of this game (the F2P model, the low credit limit, lowering credit earning potential, removed a prominent GT feature to sell cars, and limited time expensive cars) it's incredibly likely that they were pushing hard to make people buy MTX by purposely making this trophy vague and getting people to waste their credits on cars that didn't count.

Thankfully the community backlash has made PD change their design direction a little bit and they made progress in fixing the economy. Without that backlash that caused PD to increase the credit earning potential (and AFK methods), acquiring this trophy without MTX would have been a full time job just to get enough credits to buy all of the potential cars and PD know this. It was clearly the plan and they had hoped that it would make people feel more pressure to buy the excessively priced MTX.

They purposely made the last car appear near the end of the LDC refresh on purpose. Its even more clear that this was on purpose as its the only car that replaced a "sold out" car but didn't end up in the same spot, instead it was pushed right to the end of the page. It's all intentional. Pushing the last car out that long was done for a couple of reasons:
1. To Get people to spend their credits on other cars that also fit the trophy description
2. Prolong the games life cycle - there would have been less used copy's up for sale before this addition than what there will be now.

Anyone with a business sense and a general understanding of designing something can tell that PD have done all of these things on purpose and that purpose was.... to make as much money as possible...
I completely agree with you. But some people here seem pissed off they didn't get a trophy earlier.

Back