Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like the T3PA are defective, then... :(
Well, I already sent the seller an email saying they gave me a broken product, and I'm calling thrustmaster later in the morning. So hopefully this will all work out.

My T300 arrived - I hooked it up to my laptop to run it through the Driver and test everything.. all is working. I have deadzone in the gas pedal that is noticeable.

Put some foam behind the brake pedal to add resistance and in front of the gas pedal to eliminate the dead zone and that will work fine for now.

The wheel and base are excellent - very smooth, strong, great paddle shifters. - Was able to get it mounted to my cheap DIY wheel stand - had to use a hardback book to give a large enough surface for the clamp though. It will do for now until the wife lefts me spend another $200 getting a wheel stand pro..

Edit - I forgot I did have a problem with the wheel center - It was not exactly noticeable when driving but when I had it hooked to my pc and used the driver software - 50% (center) in the software was not directly centered on the wheel. - Found this from way back on the forum and will give it a shot when I get a chance. Auto Calibration and Wheel Centering Instructions.
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

Anyways I am happy! Now just waiting for the pCARS USA release 👍

Last edited:
So I gave in and got the T300. Of course my pedals are not 100% perfect. I have like 3-4mm of deadzone on them. Are all pedals like that, even the ones considered good? I’m not sure if I should ask for replacement at this point. The deadzone is small enough to be fixed with some self-sticking rubber feet in between the pedal and the plate.

The good this is that so far the wheel is perfect. No clicking or other noises. The difference with the DFGT is enormous! Miss those extra buttons though..

On the PC I’m not sure what setting to use in the TM control panel. For Logitech there were universal settings that worked for all sims. You put your FFB to 100% and all spring and dampening effects to zero and rotation to 900. Are there some universal settings for TM wheels like that?

Okay, just got my new T300 today, and apparently I had to turn "MODE" to green by holding the button for a few seconds, but its jkust stays red, my friend even shown a video of him doing it and it worked fine for him, but not for me.

Also both of my friends say the T300 has WAAAY less wheel wobble on the straights and they have video proof of themselves, but with mine, its like 8x more wobbly than the G27 on the straights, something is very VERY wrong here...

No great rush mate PCars is a little broken right now coming in through the backdoor at a later date wouldn't be to bad an idea.
I've just been reading the PCars bug thread. It sounds as though the console versions haven't been tested very much , hence they have far more issues to fix. :( It isn't a particularly smooth launch.

Any help with button layout/config on T300rs on Pcars? Running out of buttons here...!

I was thinking about this ... if the DS4 controller stays active (for the speaker anyway) can you map controls to it as well when using the T300? I know in GT6 you could as this was done for things like a handbrake .. There are also a few PS4 controller chat pad options.. does pCARS support any of this on PS4? or is it one device only?

I've had a T300 for about 5 months, and a little over a month ago I started to experience a calibration issue. I contacted Thrustmaster and they sent me software to try and resolve the issue, but it was only a temporary fix and I had to send it in for repairs. I finally got my wheel back on Friday, but after only playing GT6 for a couple hours I noticed that the force feedback was uneven and when I tried to calibrate the wheel, it failed! I'm starting to wonder if they even did any "repairing" or if they simply ran the same software that they had given to me already... Either way I feel that this entire situation is unacceptable with how much the wheel cost...

T300 GTE. I don't know if this is a problem with wheel or game or me. (Project Cars). Manual gears changing gear up or down usually between 3rd and 4th, It will select first and spin me it will always happen in a downshifting into a corner or exiting it on up shift. As anybody experienced this or know what problem is..

Last edited:
I've had a T300 for about 5 months, and a little over a month ago I started to experience a calibration issue. I contacted Thrustmaster and they sent me software to try and resolve the issue, but it was only a temporary fix and I had to send it in for repairs. I finally got my wheel back on Friday, but after only playing GT6 for a couple hours I noticed that the force feedback was uneven and when I tried to calibrate the wheel, it failed! I'm starting to wonder if they even did any "repairing" or if they simply ran the same software that they had given to me already... Either way I feel that this entire situation is unacceptable with how much the wheel cost...

From what I have been told, sadly, with Thrustmaster take it to twitter, post your exact experience (issue you had, what they did and how they did not solve it when your wheel was still under warranty. The exposure can often get them to actually take care of your problem. Also write a review on the site where you purchased the wheel with the same info.

I just bought a T300 and for what it costs, you are absolutely correct, they should solve your problem with little to no resistance.

So I gave in and got the T300. Of course my pedals are not 100% perfect. I have like 3-4mm of deadzone on them. Are all pedals like that, even the ones considered good? I’m not sure if I should ask for replacement at this point. The deadzone is small enough to be fixed with some self-sticking rubber feet in between the pedal and the plate.

The good this is that so far the wheel is perfect. No clicking or other noises. The difference with the DFGT is enormous! Miss those extra buttons though..

On the PC I’m not sure what setting to use in the TM control panel. For Logitech there were universal settings that worked for all sims. You put your FFB to 100% and all spring and dampening effects to zero and rotation to 900. Are there some universal settings for TM wheels like that?

I don't use mine on PC - yes a lot of the T300, TX, stock pedals come with a deadzone issue. My brake pedal does not have any deadzone but my gas pedal has a small one when I first press the pedal. Everywhere I read, it is a common problem. Yes you can return it for that issue, but the replacement pair are likely to have it as well from what I have read. I did the same thing you did and put a foam spacer to remove the dead zone.

As for the PC configuration - you might try the project cars forum or the iRacing Forum - or reddit - (example http://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/2p4c0y/t300rs_wheel_settings/)

I'm looking to upgrade to a ps4 compatible wheel and I've narrowed my choices to the t300rs and t300GTE. However, I noticed that the GTE is £50 cheaper so is there a difference between them? If so, which is better?

It was 10% off on Amazon today and I caved... Also bought PCARS on my way home from work. Can't wait for the wheel to arrive!

I own a LT DFGT that I used on the PS3. I had my heart set on the T300 rs for the ps4 but after reading all of these problems wtf is going on here. A 400 dollar wheel with these problems and shotty customer service? What is a guy to do? I need a wheel! Is it worth it or should I buy another wheel? I'm buying today or tomorrow. Thanks drivers!

Last edited:
I've had my T300 for a few months now Zombie, and not had a moments trouble with it. The DFGT feels like a toy in comparison and the FFB effect is streets ahead.
Sure, there are reports of the T300 faults, but put it in perspective, with the amount of T300's sold there will be a percentage of ones that 'slipped through the net' in quality control. It shouldn't happen, but any mass produced tech product can fall foul of faults. Plus, people are always more vocal of a faulty product than the ones who have no problems. I'm sure if the ones happy with their T300's all posted the fact, they'd more than likely out weigh the negatives.

Thanks gt500. That is what I was thinking but it made me think twice since seeing the complaints, lol. I enjoyed my dfgt but it was a first just to see how I liked the wheel with gt5-6. I fell in love even though it is really cheap and knew I wanted something great for the ps4. I'm guessing I will be upgrading the pedals after a bit of play as well.

The T300 is such a massive upgrade over the DFGT. Even the pedals – they have much more resistance and the adjustable petal plates. I was in the same position as you, worried that I will have trouble with it, but at the end decided that I will buy it. After all it seems that they will replace it if you have problems, frustrating as it is for that price. As of now I’m very happy with it. There is a very small deadzone on my pedals, but I have grown accustomed to it and is easily fixable with some rubber padding. I really hope it does not develop problems overtime..

Back