Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys,

I'm new in the forum. I have to congratulate you because this thread is a gold mine for those who have a T300RS.
I have mine T300RS for a week and now it started to make a strange noise. I've been reading all posts in this thread and I think I haven't found someone with the exact same problem, so I'll ask you some advice.

I'm 90% sure that when I played with my wheel for the first time it was perfectly fine, without any strange noise/grinding.
Now I can hear a grinding noise (not clicking) while I'm turning the wheel. It happens in some particular turning angles but it always happens (event if my wheel is turned off)
I have to say that force feedback intensity doesn't make the grinding noise louder or quieter. It's exactly the same.

While I'm playing I use an headset so I can't hear the noise and most importantly I can't feel it (which is nice).

I'm preety sure it's not the same "clicking" problem hat some of you posted here.
I'm posting 2 links from youtube with videos that I recorded yestarday.

Do you think I have a faulty wheelbase?

Best regards

Amazon has a "hold" on their inventory of the T300RS so it is not available to purchase at the moment. Also, Wal-Mart has removed the item from their website altogether. Is there a problem here people?

here is what Amazon has...

Screen%20shot%202015-05-13%20at%2012.04.44%20PM_zpszgdrg9w0.png~original

Amazon.ca only says that it is temporarily out of stock. I wonder if it will affect my order, since I was able to order it yesterday.

^^ Yes, unfortunately demand has out stripped supply. I blame people waiting until pCARS was released before deciding to pull the trigger on a new wheel :D
Luckily, I bought my T300RS three months ago when there was a relatively good stock of them. It's just a shame the T3PA PRO pedals are out of stock till around July. I had to buy the lesser T3PA set as I just couldn't wait that long for a clutch pedal to go with pCARS.

^^ Yes, unfortunately demand has out stripped supply. I blame people waiting until pCARS was released before deciding to pull the trigger on a new wheel :D
Luckily, I bought my T300RS three months ago when there was a relatively good stock of them. It's just a shame the T3PA PRO pedals are out of stock till around July. I had to buy the lesser T3PA set as I just couldn't wait that long for a clutch pedal to go with pCARS.

Yeah, definitely my own fault for holding out till the game was released. Guess I still had some false hope that my G27 might get PS4 support... haha.

Yeah, a case of 'waiting until the train has left the station' huh ;)
As for the G27/PS4, that's a whole other kettle of catastrophe :ouch:

According to Amazon tracking, I should have my T300 tomorrow. Only 2 days since I ordered it, not bad. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of the faulty ones.

Hey guys thanks for the input! I made the purchase.

I noticed everyone was out of stock as well and I wasn't ordering on eBay or Amazon because I'm not paying more than 400 which is the marked price. I ordered from b&h which is a great company and offered it at 400. It said out of stock so I clicked the "notify when available" button. They emailed me within 4 hours and I made the purchase. I can't wait!!!

So if you want one try http://www.bhphotovideo.com

One thing I noticed yesterday after I was finished with my pCARS session. The fans of the wheel were working a few minutes after I was finished and I noticed it when I unplugged the wheel and the sound stopped – it was late at night and quiet. So my point being that it is probably best to let the wheel cool down before you unplug it or turn of the PS4. You can probably damage the wheel in the long run if you don’t let it cool on a regular basis.

Hey guys thanks for the input! I made the purchase.

I noticed everyone was out of stock as well and I wasn't ordering on eBay or Amazon because I'm not paying more than 400 which is the marked price. I ordered from b&h which is a great company and offered it at 400. It said out of stock so I clicked the "notify when available" button. They emailed me within 4 hours and I made the purchase. I can't wait!!!

So if you want one try http://www.bhphotovideo.com

What the???? I did the same thing but never received any in stock notification. I entered my email address last week!

UK guys, if you want a t300 get this: http://www.alternate.co.uk/Thrustmaster/T300RS/html/product/1152957?event=search

I got mine from them and it arrived yesterday (after ordering Monday). There is also an additional £10 delivery so its £234 altogether.

It comes from Germany, mine didn't include a UK power cable, only european so i just bought an adaptor until i can source a european cable. I have asked thrust master but waiting for a response.

One thing I noticed yesterday after I was finished with my pCARS session. The fans of the wheel were working a few minutes after I was finished and I noticed it when I unplugged the wheel and the sound stopped – it was late at night and quiet. So my point being that it is probably best to let the wheel cool down before you unplug it or turn of the PS4. You can probably damage the wheel in the long run if you don’t let it cool on a regular basis.

Mine does the same and has done since new in DEC last year, I just turn it off as it will naturally cool itself down if not being used anymore plus if you wait for the fans to cut out you could be sitting there for a while :grumpy: Still works as good as new and in the very unlikely event that it brakes from overheating it will be getting returned for a new wheel as waiting for a £300 wheel to cool is unacceptable:D

Yeah, tried waiting for it yesterday, but the fans were still working after 10mins, so I unplugged it. Just assuming that it may cause some damage, not sure about it. After all if it is not in use it will cool off by itself.

Hey guys,
Despite any of you answered if you think my wheel has a problem, I finally got an answer from Thrustmaster Customer Support. I'll paste it here maybe it can help some of you.

Here are my videos (they've watched):

The answer:
"We thank you for your choice of Thrustmaster products and for reaching us regarding your inquiry.

After watching your videos, we could conclude that the noise your wheel makes is normal.

In fact, during the first 10-15 hours of gameplay the wheel's internal mechanism goes through a break-in stage, when all the belts and tension rollers allign.

The noise should decrease steadily as you continue playing; of course, if you notice that the noise doesn't go away, please contact us back, but not before having played for 10-15 hours."

Best Regards

I got mine last night. I didn't have time to really try it out other than updating the firmware, which caused me quite a bit of headache. Somehow the update screwed up, which may or may not have been my fault, and the original firmware got lost or corrupted. The wheel ended up sitting there dead. Following the instructions for waking it back up didn't work, and I ended up having to figure out my own way of doing it, but I finally updated the firmware to the latest version.

The pedals are actually surprisingly ok. The resistance of the pedals are actually pretty comparable to the G27 pedals. It's just the mechanism it uses to hold itself in place that sucks. And for a wheel that costs this much I was kind of disappointed at how plasticky the wheel rim is, after being used to the nice leather one on the G27.

Can't wait to try it out on PCARS today!

Thanks, I did find that document actually. The instructions didn't work for me. For some reason it wasn't able to find the bootloader automatically. I had to manually specify the directory for it to get it to work. I wasted an hour dicking around following the instructions and repeatedly restarting my computer like it tells me to before I figured out what was wrong and fixed it on my own.

Guys, any good reason to favor the 'stock' version over the gte version? Amazon has the gte for a staggering price, so I'm kinda debating. I honestly only dislike the ferrari logo.. makes it look like a toy, lol.

Guys, any good reason to favor the 'stock' version over the gte version? Amazon has the gte for a staggering price, so I'm kinda debating. I honestly only dislike the ferrari logo.. makes it look like a toy, lol.
The 'stock' button layout is easier.

I have both rims...

The RS rim gives better ease of use with PS4 (or even in PC games which use console type in game button use, for instance Codemasters stuff or pCARS). The GTE layout is nicer for just reaching buttons and they are bigger chunkier and nicer feeling buttons too.

The rim and paddles are identical, as is the T300 base and pedals...

Latest Posts

Back