Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine did that twitching rocking thing on it's own a couple of times a while back, but only if I just left it idle for a long time.
But..has not done this for a long time.. The wheel has not really had any problems.. However, today my stock pedals are starting to fail.. Got the creaking sound, and only 25% on the control panel with it fully depressed..

So, I'll have to take it apart and see what to do.. Haven't been to this page in quite a while, so I'll need to catch up around here and read what you all have done for this problem..Might not be able to reply to any comments for the rest of today but will be back here again tomorrow...

Edit:
Never mind, just popped it open, and it's irretrievably broken.. Cheap plastic where the linkage is.. For the actuator, or whatever it's called.. Broken..
Already out of guarantee?:odd:

Make sure you have the switch set to PS3 not PS4, that might be why.. Check it and see..
Switch is on PS3. I boot the game and the Wheel will calibrate itself. Then nothing.

I restarted the system and the same thing happened....4th time though it worked....well....okay. XD Not quite sure what I did wrong initially but it is my first Thrustmaster product so I probably did something wrong on the initial setup which made it janke for a little bit. Never had the switch on PS4 mode though so I know that wasn't the problem. Anyways at least it works now.

Already out of guarantee?:odd:

No, not at all.. Was not trying to say that.. It's registered, and appears that it will be expedited..
However, it broke in less than three months of use.. Not unreasonable for me to mention I don't think.
I do think it is rather unacceptable really..Hopefully it will be replaced, just waiting..

No, not at all.. Was not trying to say that.. It's registered, and appears that it will be expedited..
However, it broke in less than three months of use.. Not unreasonable for me to mention I don't think.
I do think it is rather unacceptable really..Hopefully it will be replaced, just waiting..
I see yeah I agree that's unacceptable:tdown: Good luck with the replacement.:)

The wheel is great, but the stock pedals are all plastic and need to be replaced as soon as possible.
With the T3PA Pro pedal set it's as good as anything..
agreed,brilliant wheel,let down by the cheap and tacky pedals, but nobody can get hold of the t3pa pro's at the moment. looks like june when they come back in stock so iam keeping my pedals for now until the pro's come out. my stock t300 rs pedals are 100% accurate out of the box so at least i can race !

agreed,brilliant wheel,let down by the cheap and tacky pedals, but nobody can get hold of the t3pa pro's at the moment. looks like june when they come back in stock so iam keeping my pedals for now until the pro's come out. my stock t300 rs pedals are 100% accurate out of the box so at least i can race !

My pedals and everything have been great, love the smoothness of the wheel..
Just don't stomp too hard on the brake pedal, because it's fairly delicate in there..
I can live with June because I was only hoping I'd ever get the T3PA Pro...
It'd be nice if they would change out my broken stock set because I'd been telling anyone who asked me that they were adequate, and not bad at all.. Not holding my breath now that I've told the whole world what happened though..

My pedals and everything have been great, love the smoothness of the wheel..
Just don't stomp too hard on the brake pedal, because it's fairly delicate in there..
I can live with June because I was only hoping I'd ever get the T3PA Pro...
It'd be nice if they would change out my broken stock set because I'd been telling anyone who asked me that they were adequate, and not bad at all.. Not holding my breath now that I've told the whole world what happened though..
Can't see any reason why they won't change them just don't mention you were wearing desert boots!:sly: Coming from DFGT pedals anything was always going to be a step up!!:dopey:

Hi. My question is as follows...Can I use the paddle shifters of T300 together with clutch(T3pa pedal set) or do u need the T8ha shifter? Will be using it for Project cars. Thanks.

Hi. My question is as follows...Can I use the paddle shifters of T300 together with clutch(T3pa pedal set) or do u need the T8ha shifter? Will be using it for Project cars. Thanks.
Whether you could use this combo would be a game capability, not a hardware limitation.

pCARS definitely supports use of clutch, and race cars with sequential gearboxes generally require you to press the clutch when stationary (so you need it to launch and to prevent stalling if you spin off). Never tried a fully manual car (like the old DTM ones) with clutch and paddles, so not sure what it would do there.

Whether you could use this combo would be a game capability, not a hardware limitation.

pCARS definitely supports use of clutch, and race cars with sequential gearboxes generally require you to press the clutch when stationary (so you need it to launch and to prevent stalling if you spin off). Never tried a fully manual car (like the old DTM ones) with clutch and paddles, so not sure what it would do there.

Maybe then I should wait until game release and then see if it will be in the options menu..?

Well, i will send my wheel to Thrusmaster. In the beginning i fix the calibration with the Calibrating Tool that Thrustmaster send me but now i have to calibrate the wheel frequently. Even when the wheel calibrate successful with the PS4 the wheel feels weak and the FBB is very very poor. It´s not normal that i have to used the calibration tools every 2 days to fix the issue. I hope that i don´t have wait for a long time.

I have this inssue. Any suggestions to solve the problem or i have to send it back to the re-seller?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kiGpFcjx3VOVpuQS15QWtiMkU/view?usp=sharing

I keep looking at this thread out of curiosity and I can't believe how many people have had issues with the T300. :(

Thrustmaster really need to get their act together and improve their quality control. Sending out pedal sets that have to be taken apart by users to position the potentiometers correctly is incredibly poor. It's such a simple thing, yet they can't get that right. :banghead:

All products will have a certain percentage of failures, it's inevitable, but this thread is grim reading for anyone that is in the market for a new gaming wheel. It would probably be a good idea for Thrustmaster to support GTPlanet and have an active member on the forum to help you guys resolve your issues. It would then look as though they care and are fixing things quickly.

Good luck to everyone with problems, I hope that you get them resolved soon. Remember that you're the customer, you should be 100% satisfied with your product, so don't live with faults, contact Thrustmaster and get them to fix the issue. 👍

I keep looking at this thread out of curiosity and I can't believe how many people have had issues with the T300. :(

Thrustmaster really need to get their act together and improve their quality control. Sending out pedal sets that have to be taken apart by users to position the potentiometers correctly is incredibly poor. It's such a simple thing, yet they can't get that right. :banghead:

All products will have a certain percentage of failures, it's inevitable, but this thread is grim reading for anyone that is in the market for a new gaming wheel. It would probably be a good idea for Thrustmaster to support GTPlanet and have an active member on the forum to help you guys resolve your issues. It would then look as though they care and are fixing things quickly.

Good luck to everyone with problems, I hope that you get them resolved soon. Remember that you're the customer, you should be 100% satisfied with your product, so don't live with faults, contact Thrustmaster and get them to fix the issue. 👍
i think most people are happy customers ,so they dont come on here saying much. its the people who have issues, come on here to say so. For the record Iam a happy t300rs owner, my wheel is excellent and the pedals are 100% accurate out of the box.no problems here.iam still getting the t3pa pros as they look mint compared to the cheap ones supplied

i think most people are happy customers ,so they dont come on here saying much. its the people who have issues, come on here to say so.
I totally agree. 👍

Bad news spreads much faster than good. It does look rather worrying though, we could do with a poll, 'has your T300 been fault free?'

In comparison I didn't see this much negativity with the Logitech wheels, but maybe I'm wrong. :confused:

Another happy T300RS wheel owner here. Had it a few months now and cannot fault either the wheel or pedals, worked 100% out of the box, and still the same now after GT6 use and abuse.
I too am looking at the T3PA pro pedals, purely for going fully manual when my TH8A shifter finally arrives. The supplied pedal set is functional rather than the last word in racing sim equipment, but still they are a step up from the Logitech DFGT ones I used for several years on GT5-6. The wheel itself is a massive step up from the DFGT wheel in build, feel and performance though.
Just got to wait till TM get more stock of the pro pedal set as they're out until June according to their online shop :grumpy:

Has anybody with the T300 playing GT6 changed your DOR ( degree's of rotation ) on the fly while driving ?
The reason i ask is because i did this last night and heard a loud "pop " and it felt like the wheel whent "light" (maybe it is in my head,hard telling ) so did i break it or not ?

Not my smarts move

Preach on brotha preach on! Kifflom Brotha!:bowdown:

Mine is like that too..I'm very happy with it really.. Kind of a bummer the stock pedals didn't last..

Same here, anyone solve this problem?

Only three of us? So it`s rather uncommon. Should we contact with TM support about this?

DSC_0196a.jpg

Finished my set, it`s done and ready for Project CARS :). Wheel is great and ability to switch back and forth between PS3 (GT6 now and later) and PS4 (Driveclub now and Project CARS later) with full compatibility on both systems is a killer feature: I`m using both consoles regularly so it was very important to me. PC compatibility is a bonus.

If you are thinking about Wheelstand Pro, I can only recommend it. Very stable.

I totally agree. 👍

Bad news spreads much faster than good. It does look rather worrying though, we could do with a poll, 'has your T300 been fault free?'

In comparison I didn't see this much negativity with the Logitech wheels, but maybe I'm wrong. :confused:
Warm weathers coming tub sales will go up now buy one ya tight git! Ya know ya want to.:D

Help, I just received my T300RS today and cannot get it to work. It seems like it is not connecting to my PS, the mode button stays on green and wheel will not calibrate.. Any thoughts and or suggestions?

Help, I just received my T300RS today and cannot get it to work. It seems like it is not connecting to my PS, the mode button stays on green and wheel will not calibrate.. Any thoughts and or suggestions?
The usual answer is: have you made sure the switch (bottom left on the body) is on PS3 mode?

If that doesn't help.... With the standard 2 pedal set you should be using the mode light in red, I suppose you could also try holding the mode light for a few seconds and see if it goes red and if that helps... I don't recall mine defaulting to green.

I've had my T300RS since last November without any problems at all. But I use Fanatec CSPV2 for my pedals. Thra8 shifter, had no problems with any of them. Albeit the shifter squeaks a little when shifting gears.

I've had my T300RS since last November without any problems at all. But I use Fanatec CSPV2 for my pedals. Thra8 shifter, had no problems with any of them. Albeit the shifter squeaks a little when shifting gears.
Take the housing off the shifter and apply new grease. Its easy to do and wont void the warranty as the housing screws don't have the tamper paint on them, you will see the ones not to touch after removing the housing. Move the shifter back and forth and you can see where the grease needs to go. It will more than likely make the shifter movements smoother as well.

Take the housing off the shifter and apply new grease. Its easy to do and wont void the warranty as the housing screws don't have the tamper paint on them, you will see the ones not to touch after removing the housing. Move the shifter back and forth and you can see where the grease needs to go. It will more than likely make the shifter movements smoother as well.

Thank you weren't sure of what do.

Warm weathers coming tub sales will go up now buy one ya tight git! Ya know ya want to.:D
If only it was that easy. :lol:

I'm in no rush to buy a new wheel. I'm not buying driving games for the PS4 anyway, so I'm good.

I just don't like to see so many having issues. I know that there are far more satisfied customers than dissatisfied, but it's fairly obvious that the T300 is having more than its fair share of problems and its not exactly a bargain basement product.

Hello ive just gotten the t300rs and i found there is 2 problems with it:
1.) D-pad doesnt work
2.) clicking/ grinding noise

So i had requested for a in-store RMA and i got the replacement yesterday and first when i tested the wheel, there was no grinding noise at all until today the noise starts to appear. I'm gonna do another RMA again to see if the problem is going on if it is, i think im gonna refund the wheel and wait for a while.

BTW for the owners of T300RS, on the Thrustmaster Contol Panel, whats your package is? mine is 3.TTRS.2014, its kinda wired since its already april and the wheel is made from 2014?

Hello ive just gotten the t300rs and i found there is 2 problems with it:
1.) D-pad doesnt work
2.) clicking/ grinding noise

So i had requested for a in-store RMA and i got the replacement yesterday and first when i tested the wheel, there was no grinding noise at all until today the noise starts to appear. I'm gonna do another RMA again to see if the problem is going on if it is, i think im gonna refund the wheel and wait for a while.

BTW for the owners of T300RS, on the Thrustmaster Contol Panel, whats your package is? mine is 3.TTRS.2014, its kinda wired since its already april and the wheel is made from 2014?

Mines the same package, with Firmware version 24.

Back