Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, according to the manual and local laws I have 1 year of warranty.
TM up until now don't want to cover it though, even when it's specified on the user manual.
Let's see what happens next
Don't want too? If the product is still under warranty sod whether they want to or not sounds like your being to nice unless I'm missing the point.:guilty:

Don't want too? If the product is still under warranty sod whether they want to or not sounds like your being to nice unless I'm missing the point.:guilty:

Hmm yeah I not being "too nice" at all :lol:

The point argued is that since I bought the wheel in USA they would only cover the warranty on USA territory. Since the wheel isn't on the States anymore they can't do "anything else".
This morning I was offered wheel repair on the conditions that I would pay for shipping both of the broken wheel-base to Canada (?) and then shipping back here to Brazil.

The point argued is that since I bought the wheel in USA they would only cover the warranty on USA territory. Since the wheel isn't on the States anymore they can't do "anything else".
This morning I was offered wheel repair on the conditions that I would pay for shipping both of the broken wheel-base to Canada (?) and then shipping back here to Brazil.
Oh that does sound a little awkward.:ouch:

Seeing as how you bought it in one country and took it to another that seems like a pretty decent offer on their part and you might want to consider taking it. Might not be the solution you would like, but seems fair to me.

Yes, according to the manual and local laws I have 1 year of warranty.
TM up until now don't want to cover it though, even when it's specified on the user manual.
Let's see what happens next
On the Thrustmaster website they state all Thrustmaster products have a 2 year warranty.

Seeing as how you bought it in one country and took it to another that seems like a pretty decent offer on their part and you might want to consider taking it. Might not be the solution you would like, but seems fair to me.

Yeah I just replied the e-mail asking for the address and instructions.
Fairness is subjective, but considering that I had so much fun with the wheel it makes sense to get it as soon as possible, it's worth for me.

Did you remove the rim and select the PS3 mode before using motor calibrating software? I use the motor calibrating software that TM send me and it work fine but yesterday i have again the same problem i have to calibrated the T300 wheel again. If it happen again i will send the T300 back. I have the latest firmware installed.

Soooo TM contacted me! Wohoo!
Unfortunately, they sent me an "updated calibration software" that wasn't updated at all - the file date back to February 2014. And as expected it didn't work, the wheel can't get past auto-calibrate.

Oddly enough, TM don't wan't to replace the wheel by now (!) - let's wait for future episodes....

Last edited:
Did you remote the rim and select the PS3 mode before using motor calibrating software? I use the motor calibrating software that TM send me and it work fine but yesterday i have again the same problem i have to calibrated the T300 wheel again. If it happen again i will send the T300 back. I have the latest firmware installed.

Yes, actually my T300RS is on PS3 mode all the time, and I have already removed the rim before the software.
When I first had these issues I found the software through Google'ing, at first it worked fine but now it doesn't. Looking at similar cases it seems that there's a pattern:

1. The wheel will take longer to auto-calibrate: usually it takes one turn clockwise and one counter-cw, but then it will take a few spins;
  2. It'll stuck on auto-calibration: at this stage, it will turn either both cw and ccw or only to one direction, usually quite hard. It'll appear that the wheel can't "find the end point". This is the time that you'll need the calibration tool, that will work at first and after the process it'll be with the blue stripe dead center;
  3. Sometimes the wheel you work fine for a few days or don't, but suddenly one time you'll notice that even after using the calibration tool the blue stripe won't be centered anymore. Now you'll have to set the wheel center according to TM instructions on their website.
  4. You'll notice at the calibration software screen that it'll take longer and there's one extra step: "Helping the wheel to auto-calibrate (X.XX%)". At this point, this process can be successful (taking us back to step 3) or not.
  5. The wheel even with the assistance of the calibration software won't be able to adjust itself. At this stage, you'll notice that the wheel base won't "spin" and even if you try to move it (when it's off, of course) you won't be able to - your wheel is literally stuck at this point.
I haven't found yet someone who used the calibration software a few months ago and the wheel is still working fine.

My Wheel before Motor calibrations https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kiGpFcjx3VOVpuQS15QWtiMkU&authuser=0 and after https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kiGpFcjx3VZ3Nrd21ZWTVhTXM&authuser=0
I think that i will send the wheel back because yesterday i have to calibrate the wheel again.

Yes, actually my T300RS is on PS3 mode all the time, and I have already removed the rim before the software.
When I first had these issues I found the software through Google'ing, at first it worked fine but now it doesn't. Looking at similar cases it seems that there's a pattern:

1. The wheel will take longer to auto-calibrate: usually it takes one turn clockwise and one counter-cw, but then it will take a few spins;
  2. It'll stuck on auto-calibration: at this stage, it will turn either both cw and ccw or only to one direction, usually quite hard. It'll appear that the wheel can't "find the end point". This is the time that you'll need the calibration tool, that will work at first and after the process it'll be with the blue stripe dead center;
  3. Sometimes the wheel you work fine for a few days or don't, but suddenly one time you'll notice that even after using the calibration tool the blue stripe won't be centered anymore. Now you'll have to set the wheel center according to TM instructions on their website.
  4. You'll notice at the calibration software screen that it'll take longer and there's one extra step: "Helping the wheel to auto-calibrate (X.XX%)". At this point, this process can be successful (taking us back to step 3) or not.
  5. The wheel even with the assistance of the calibration software won't be able to adjust itself. At this stage, you'll notice that the wheel base won't "spin" and even if you try to move it (when it's off, of course) you won't be able to - your wheel is literally stuck at this point.
I haven't found yet someone who used the calibration software a few months ago and the wheel is still working fine.

^^ Hmmm sounds like a temporary mini fix rather that a permanent fix guess it buys TM some time.:rolleyes: Send the thing's back guys.:irked:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/new-leather-wrapped-add-thrustmaster-racing-wheels
370774TMLeather28GTWheelAddOnpackaging.jpg

16592566669_cb2be8112c_o.jpg

leather28gtw_arr.jpg

16777623412_2ec7cf183e_o.jpg

In stock since this morning on Thrustmaster Shop at £129.99 - 149€ (shipping costs included)
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/tm-leather-28-gt-wheel-add-on.html

Finally got word from Amazon the T3PA will be shipped to me the last week of April..👍
I've had it on back order since around the time they ran out of stock..
For me there's really no rush because I'm only around three months into learning how to use a wheel, and it's become a very long curve to say the least.. Sure is fun though, and I don't seem to have any tech issues with the wheel...
Very interested in trying out the conical spring mod though when it arrives.

Finally got word from Amazon the T3PA will be shipped to me the last week of April..👍
I've had it on back order since around the time they ran out of stock..
For me there's really no rush because I'm only around three months into learning how to use a wheel, and it's become a very long curve to say the least.. Sure is fun though, and I don't seem to have any tech issues with the wheel...
Very interested in trying out the conical spring mod though when it arrives.
When did you order? Why not a T3PA PRO when it cost just a little bit more? :)

When did you order? Why not a T3PA PRO when it cost just a little bit more? :)

You know, that's a good question.. I haven't been paying attention and just found out about the new Pro version once you mentioned it.. I'll have to ponder that, but don't have much time to make a decision.. The price isn't an issue..
I have my monitor stand on casters and slide it up to my rig, and the pedals mounting plate actually fits inside the lower shelf a bit.. The Pro version wont clear the next shelf up, but I could just move it back, or come up with a different solution for that.. (different stand)... I'm not into the suspended position (GT style) really, so it boils down to how much I want the other spring mod that comes with it.. I have to say though, it really seems to make more sense to go with the Pro because you get so much more for only an additional 50 dollars (US)...

I use a single 32'' monitor, and really like how my current setup gets the monitor up close with my feet almost under it.
I'd have to move it back 10 inches, or 25.5 meters is it ?.. Not that big a deal..
Thanks for mentioning that Soulfresh, I'll think about it..👍

Edit: Problem solved, I just watched Darren's video on ISR, and that support bar is removable, so I am going to have my order swapped over to the T3PA Pro.. More metal is always a good thing too.. Thanks for the tip..

Last edited:
You know, that's a good question.. I haven't been paying attention and just found out about the new Pro version once you mentioned it.. I'll have to ponder that, but don't have much time to make a decision.. The price isn't an issue..
I have my monitor stand on casters and slide it up to my rig, and the pedals mounting plate actually fits inside the lower shelf a bit.. The Pro version wont clear the next shelf up, but I could just move it back, or come up with a different solution for that.. (different stand)... I'm not into the suspended position (GT style) really, so it boils down to how much I want the other spring mod that comes with it.. I have to say though, it really seems to make more sense to go with the Pro because you get so much more for only an additional 50 dollars (US)...

I use a single 32'' monitor, and really like how my current setup gets the monitor up close with my feet almost under it.
I'd have to move it back 10 inches, or 25.5 meters is it ?.. Not that big a deal..
Thanks for mentioning that Soulfresh, I'll think about it..👍

Edit: Problem solved, I just watched Darren's video on ISR, and that support bar is removable, so I am going to have my order swapped over to the T3PA Pro.. More metal is always a good thing too.. Thanks for the tip..

No worries. Once you receive it, share your feedback over at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/thrustmaster-t3pa-pro-t3pa-wide-pedal-set-thread.316480/

Looks like what they say is true about Thrustmaster's reliability, only had it for a few days and it is already acting up.
Today I was playing GT6, about an hour into it I noticed there's only force feedback with one direction of the wheel. Turned it off to reboot hoping it would go back to normal, but it won't even calibrate....

Looks like what they say is true about Thrustmaster's reliability, only had it for a few days and it is already acting up.
Today I was playing GT6, about an hour into it I noticed there's only force feedback with one direction of the wheel. Turned it off to reboot hoping it would go back to normal, but it won't even calibrate....

Jesus no:ouch::nervous:

Mine just went broke,
...(the other day).... I had been using for a few 10 minute stints, had a break, on return it was gently twitching/rocking L-R. Sending it back to Pagnian for replacement. I've had mine probably 4 months,run up <100 hrs in total.

Anyone anything positive to mention about the long term reliability of these wheels?:irked: A bit on counter argument would be nice.:D

Ive done nearly 30,000 miles on my T300 GTE and its fantastic, have also done/tried several brake pedal mods and finally satisfied with the squash ball method to the point I wont be upgrading them now 2 reasons being partially disabled going to a H gate shifter is out of the question so its paddles for me and I dont see buying the 3 pedal version (pros) an option as clutch would be redundent I understand.

I have only used it on GT6, DC and The Crew so im expecting some major advances when Pcars is out

Hello guys,
I've just bought T300 two days ago and like many o you I had problems with dead zone on my pedals. Break pedal had minimal dead zone ~1-2mm, but gas had almost 30%, so I've disassembled them just like guys here were advising (btw. it's very easy and putting it all back together isn't that hard). I've moved break potentiometer by 1 tooth in break pedal and gas by 3 teeth. After this initial dead zone was almost gone on both pedals, but another problem appeared.

Control panel is showing that gas pedal gets full 100% speed after only half of its travel way. I was trying many times to turn off my pc, wheel and control panel, and than to calibrate pedals, but every time control panel shows the same value. This problem is present in driveclub as well. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to return this wheel back to retailer?
Cheers^^

Hello guys,
I've just bought T300 two days ago and like many o you I had problems with dead zone on my pedals. Break pedal had minimal dead zone ~1-2mm, but gas had almost 30%, so I've disassembled them just like guys here were advising (btw. it's very easy and putting it all back together isn't that hard). I've moved break potentiometer by 1 tooth in break pedal and gas by 3 teeth. After this initial dead zone was almost gone on both pedals, but another problem appeared.

Control panel is showing that gas pedal gets full 100% speed after only half of its travel way. I was trying many times to turn off my pc, wheel and control panel, and than to calibrate pedals, but every time control panel shows the same value. This problem is present in driveclub as well. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to return this wheel back to retailer?
Cheers^^
Simply sounds like you have turned the potentiometer on the gas too far I had the same problem a few times until I hit the right spot. Remember they can move slightly when putting the pedals back together so can be a bit hit and miss.:boggled:

Latest Posts

Back