Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do u mean "base on Jack's sop & master scale" u further dropped them by 1 tick? And 1 tick is already enough? Are u using FFB=100 and TF=100?

I think u have to drive very "violently" for about 10 mins before the motor starts to fade...

Anyway I will try to lower those tomorrow when I have time...thanks bro!

EDITED - My current settings that are working great on ever car I have tried with the T300 on PS4 with Project cars -
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-from-jack-spades.328426/page-5#post-10736071

It is a mix of Jack Spade's settings and bManic's

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...s-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels

Last edited:
Question: what if T300RS become click noise so I can use special program for calibrating motor that Thrustmaster sent to me before from other wheel. If I have click noise and that program will solve it? (To make click noise go away)
Because I have keep thinking about G29 if it's confirmed or stick with T300 when I get replacement. Thanks.

Hi guys, made an account here to post about my experiences with the T300RS.

I got this wheel last week and had some major issues with it. The wheel randomly disconnected when I was driving or locking up to the left or right. I sent Thrustmaster an e-mail a week ago but have not received an answer yet.
In the meanwhile I used the bootloader method to flash the firmware and that seems to have done the trick. Haven't had any problems after that but it's not a nice start for a wheel that should last me a few years.

I also think the USB connector is a bit loose (in the wheel) is that correct? Mine can be moved up and down quite a lot. The USB connector cannot be pulled out right?

I've had a flawless G25 for 7 years and while this wheel certainly is a step up in feel, I yet have to see if it will be just as reliable, I know realize how magnificient the G25 actually was.

EDIT: Found some posts on page 50 where people also say their USB in the wheel is a bit loose, doesn't seem to be a connector though but just a lead. Guess there's nothing to worry about then.

Last edited:
Hi guys, made an account here to post about my experiences with the T300RS.

I got this wheel last week and had some major issues with it. The wheel randomly disconnected when I was driving or locking up to the left or right. I sent Thrustmaster an e-mail a week ago but have not received an answer yet.
In the meanwhile I used the bootloader method to flash the firmware and that seems to have done the trick. Haven't had any problems after that but it's not a nice start for a wheel that should last me a few years.

I also think the USB connector is a bit loose (in the wheel) is that correct? Mine can be moved up and down quite a lot. The USB connector cannot be pulled out right?

I've had a flawless G25 for 7 years and while this wheel certainly is a step up in feel, I yet have to see if it will be just as reliable, I know realize how magnificient the G25 actually was.

EDIT: Found some posts on page 50 where people also say their USB in the wheel is a bit loose, doesn't seem to be a connector though but just a lead. Guess there's nothing to worry about then.
The USB cable just passes through the outer plastic casing, it's not fixed there. There are various photos of TX/T300 internals on the web and you can see what I mean.

The USB cable just passes through the outer plastic casing, it's not fixed there. There are various photos of TX/T300 internals on the web and you can see what I mean.

Yeah that is good news, thanks for the info ;) Hope the problems will stay away from now on to.

Just picked up T300 GTE last week.

1st the wheel couldn't calibrate. From center it only turns about 3/4 turn left, then full to max right, and repeat. I think it cannot find the max left point so it keeps on rotating back and forth forever.
I found a workaround it by pre-turning the wheel 1.5 rotation to left prior to connect to PS3 and it calibrates properly (because it finds the max left point)

Updated firmware to the latest (V24) did not help.

Got the wheel off center by 0.5% (on control panel) and manage to return it back to center.

Running GT6 i feel the wheel clogging, it's like you can feel the gear when you turn the wheel on the track. But during menu it is very smooth.
Read somewhere it's normal must wait for 10-15 hrs, but passes 30hrs now still the same feeling.

Maybe I had a bad wheel.
Anyone have the same experience with the clogging /notchy feeling ?

Hi to all T300RS owners. I've got a question with regard to the build quality of this base + wheel.

I've just received this wheel, and build quality wise, I've noticed that the center steering column has a small deviation to the right. I.e. the left part of the steering wheel is approx. 0.5 cm. closer to the driver than the right part.

Also, the space between the steering column and the round cover plate is much larger on the left side when compared to the right side.

I have searched for more people that have noticed these deviations, but haven't found any. Are there people who have noticed the same with their wheel?

Also see the below picture.
T300_not_aligned_column.jpg

Hallo from Greece.
Before 3 days i bought the T300RS..and here is what followed
First the wheel had no power at all but i soon figured that the power cable was not properly jacked in,after that the wheel tryed to self calibrate with the red light on but it failed..from this point and on the wheel refused to turned on,i tried everythin from firmware update etc but nothing.
I returned the wheel to the store and after they will check it they will inform me if they are going to replace it or not.
Is it any case that t300rs of this perioed are faulty?
Did i do something wrong with the installation?

1st the wheel couldn't calibrate. From center it only turns about 3/4 turn left, then full to max right, and repeat. I think it cannot find the max left point so it keeps on rotating back and forth forever.
I found a workaround it by pre-turning the wheel 1.5 rotation to left prior to connect to PS3 and it calibrates properly (because it finds the max left point)

Got the wheel off center by 0.5% (on control panel) and manage to return it back to center.

Running GT6 i feel the wheel clogging, it's like you can feel the gear when you turn the wheel on the track. But during menu it is very smooth.
Read somewhere it's normal must wait for 10-15 hrs, but passes 30hrs now still the same feeling.

Maybe I had a bad wheel.

Hi!
Exactly like my failed wheel. The 'clogging' particulary was the most annoying feel. Got my T300RS for Driveclub last year and now with Pcars it broke without warning. S*it happens. It was such a fantastic experience with DC.
I'm waiting my replacement wheel at the moment.

Hi!
Exactly like my failed wheel. The 'clogging' particulary was the most annoying feel. Got my T300RS for Driveclub last year and now with Pcars it broke without warning. S*it happens. It was such a fantastic experience with DC.
I'm waiting my replacement wheel at the moment.

I am waiting now to inform me from the store and we will see.Is it a problem in T300 RS stock btw?

Hi to all T300RS owners. I've got a question with regard to the build quality of this base + wheel.

I've just received this wheel, and build quality wise, I've noticed that the center steering column has a small deviation to the right. I.e. the left part of the steering wheel is approx. 0.5 cm. closer to the driver than the right part.

Also, the space between the steering column and the round cover plate is much larger on the left side when compared to the right side.

I have searched for more people that have noticed these deviations, but haven't found any. Are there people who have noticed the same with their wheel?

Also see the below picture. View attachment 379340

On mine there is about 1mm more space on the left than the right, but not nearly like yours.

Well I bought mine in December 14 and it's been fine until this week, it started constantly spinning to the right really fast then slightly to the left, I have updated the software to 24 and tried it on PS3 and ps4 but now it's spins so hard to the right it sounds like it is ready to snap off!
So I'm going to ring thrustmaster in the morning to see what they say, luckily I still have my dfgt to use on gt6, has anybody got any ideas what has happened to my wheel please?
Thanks.
Chris.

Reading this thread and having just bought a T300, it seems I better start saving for a G29, man how many issues do these things have :eek:

I must be lucky because as of yet I can't fault the wheel. I had a g27, been using the t300 for a week now and love how it feels on project cars and gt6. How do you update the wheel software if using on ps3 & 4? Mine didn't come with a disk etc.

I must be lucky because as of yet I can't fault the wheel. I had a g27, been using the t300 for a week now and love how it feels on project cars and gt6. How do you update the wheel software if using on ps3 & 4? Mine didn't come with a disk etc.

I have no idea if I actually updated it or not, but I plugged the wheel and installed the drivers from the website.

Don't speak too soon.... :lol:

There are some fault free wheels out there, just not enough.

IMG_20150530_000619.jpg

Maybe I had a bad wheel.

Yup, i got that problem too, it caused by driver gear on the motor shaft that moves up and down. Just reduce belt tension at the 1st gear reduction and use less ffb.

I have sent two emails to thrustmaster today and had no reply, does anyone know how long they take to reply back about a faulty wheel?
I tried the phone number but it just says send an email.
Thanks.

I have sent two emails to thrustmaster today and had no reply, does anyone know how long they take to reply back about a faulty wheel?
I tried the phone number but it just says send an email.
Thanks.

You should wait up to 48 hours before expecting a reply via email. Should be within 24 hours if not a holiday, but sending multiple emails will not help your cause. If they do not get back to you within 3 days Take it to their twitter page.. I have seen more people get success that way, they do not like the negative exposure but deserve it if they are ignoring you which they have done in the past. Thrustmaster is not known for great customer service.

Post your problem with the wheel, what you paid for it, the fact you emailed and have not heard back, and that you called and were told to email.

Edit - Also make sure to post a review on the site you bought it from with how long you have owned it and what broke and how long it lasted before it broke. If the reliability issues get more exposure they will have to deal with it.

How the hell have so they get away with selling that much faulty wheels? it's incredible really, I pray I don't encounter any issue.

How the hell have so they get away with selling that much faulty wheels? it's incredible really, I pray I don't encounter any issue.

Well.. it is not that they are all bad, but like any product most happy customers never say anything, never even write reviews, but for damn sure the people who get faulty ones make a lot of noise. There are plenty of people out there who have had T500 and T300 since launch with no issues and 6+ hours a week of usage.

Well.. it is not that they are all bad, but like any product most happy customers never say anything, never even write reviews, but for damn sure the people who get faulty ones make a lot of noise. There are plenty of people out there who have had T500 and T300 since launch with no issues and 6+ hours a week of usage.

DO we have any stats for how many faulty compared to ones which are working? , heck I'm scared to buy project CARS as not to break it.

I don't recall Logitech wheels ever having so many issues.

Back