Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can you still get the T300 with the Ferrari wheel rim option? I decided to bite the bullet and go for the T300 but I want the one with the Ferrari wheel and can't find it anywhere except Amazon UK who will not ship to my address.

Also please don't tell me you can buy the wheel rim separately, I'm aware and want to buy the wheel with the Ferrari rim included.

Can you still get the T300 with the Ferrari wheel rim option? I decided to bite the bullet and go for the T300 but I want the one with the Ferrari wheel and can't find it anywhere except Amazon UK who will not ship to my address.

Also please don't tell me you can buy the wheel rim separately, I'm aware and want to buy the wheel with the Ferrari rim included.

I've never seen that one sold in North America. I wanted that one too, but got the RS because I couldn't find that one anywhere.

I've never seen that one sold in North America. I wanted that one too, but got the RS because I couldn't find that one anywhere.

The SRT review video (the one on the OP) says it's available with either wheel rim. Hopefully that's true for NA otherwise it's an extra $100

Got the T300rs a couple weeks ago from fry's with the $80 off coupon.

Wheels is great! Smooth, quiet, sturdy.

Wish the diameter was a bit bigger, might have to upgrade to the t500 wheel with the paddle kit.

Only two things that I'm not used to coming from the DFGT. Auto center doesn't really know where center is. You have to manually center each time you load a game, really not that big of deal ( center, push start select and mode) in GT6

The pedals, a big upgrade over the DFGT, my brake pedal has a bit of dead spot at the beginning of the stroke, the accelerator pedal seems to be on ever so slightly. Have to figure out how to calibrate. Anyone have any advice?

So I think my RMA'd T300 is arriving back to me today.. thing is I am not really sure. I emailed Thrustmaster a few days ago to ask for updates on my wheel and they never responded even though I kept my case number in the subject.

Yesterday I got a notification from UPS that two packages are to arrive at my place by the end of the day 7/10 and neither my wife or I ordered anything. It just says it is shipping out of Indianapolis, IN from MD Logistics. Nothing about it being from Canada.. and why two packages when I sent everything to them in one box?

I just hope it is a T300 and it works :lol:

So I just got my replacement rim for my T300 RS for PCARS on PS4 and I been sent the 458 rim for the Xbox how do I confirm the use of a controller when I don't have the Playstation button?

Guys I can confirm the rims are not compatible on console because the buttons are not compatible with the console it self. So you have to have the exact rim for PS3 PS4 and Xbox one only PC will this work..

Guys I can confirm the rims are not compatible on console because the buttons are not compatible with the console it self. So you have to have the exact rim for PS3 PS4 and Xbox one only PC will this work..

You sent Thrustmaster a faulty T300rs playstation rim and they sent you back a TX Xbox One rim?

Ok so heres the deal been on the phone with them twice today one to confirm a wrong rim was sent being the 458 because I forgot that all rims work on the wheel but I was upset I couldn't get anything to work anyway 2nd I didn't have to send anything to them because I think the way I worded it was faulty rim and nothing to do with the base so I get a new rim.. Either way I think I found out that it's the base that's not working. Edit.. Get this now the person I talked too never heard of any issues with the base. Thrustmaster Customer service for the win eh?

Ok so heres the deal been on the phone with them twice today one to confirm a wrong rim was sent being the 458 because I forgot that all rims work on the wheel but I was upset I couldn't get anything to work anyway 2nd I didn't have to send anything to them because I think the way I worded it was faulty rim and nothing to do with the base so I get a new rim.. Either way I think I found out that it's the base that's not working. Edit.. Get this now the person I talked too never heard of any issues with the base. Thrustmaster Customer service for the win eh?

I never tried calling them because of reports that over the phone support is slim to non for USA customers. - I emailed, but they had me mail them my wheelbase and rim for inspection / repair. They weren't going to just send me a new one.

I hope they get you sorted out soon.

Sweet! I got a T300 - it is not the one I sent them, it had old firmware and is for sure not new (small scratches in the mount holes) but it is smooth and everything checks out in the control panel.

Hopefully tonight when I get a chance to play some pCARS it works well.

Edit - it works great, much more smooth than the one i returned. The fan seems a bit quiter as well. Hopefully it is reliable.

Last edited:
Three weeks ago I returned my T300RS to the local computer store, where I bought it and asked if it was possible to get a refund. Yesterday the local computer store told me that the refund is approved. I'm getting my money back.

No more Thrustmaster for me, I think (never say never).

Does Fry's still have the $80 off coupon? I can't find any info on it anywhere, starting to get really frustrated with this whole situation. I've been checking amazon all day hoping the T300 would go on sale and it hasn't, my G27 is collecting dust and the Fanatec CSR Forza wheel has been discontinued according to the email I received from Fanatec. :grumpy:

Does Fry's still have the $80 off coupon? I can't find any info on it anywhere, starting to get really frustrated with this whole situation. I've been checking amazon all day hoping the T300 would go on sale and it hasn't, my G27 is collecting dust and the Fanatec CSR Forza wheel has been discontinued according to the email I received from Fanatec. :grumpy:

First off F Amazon.

Ok, now that that's out if the way. You have to get the daily deals email from fry's to get the coupon. Do you get them?

2nd, I know for a fact the coupon came on June 12th and June 26th as a 1 day only deal. Following that logic I would assume every other Friday from June 26th is your best bet.

First off F Amazon.

Ok, now that that's out if the way. You have to get the daily deals email from fry's to get the coupon. Do you get them?

2nd, I know for a fact the coupon came on June 12th and June 26th as a 1 day only deal. Following that logic I would assume every other Friday from June 26th is your best bet.

Thank you sir, very much! I've been losing my mind over this entire fiasco. I do not get them but I will be signing up soon 👍

I bought it from Amazon. Not that it would make much difference though: if you RMA through the store they just send it to manufacturer on your behalf for fixing. Unless you're lucky enough if the store actually offers you a replacement themselves.

Fryto, any update on your situation? After not using my T300RS for several weeks, I plugged it back in yesterday and discovered I have the exact same problem you did: the damn thing will NOT stop calibrating no matter what I do. Yesterday I tried reinstalling the drivers and that temporarily fixed it, but today it doesn't. Unbelievably frustrating.

Bought this wheel this week and its great.
Played with the g27 a couple years and T300 ffb is so much better. Also feels a lot smoother.

Only coming from g27 the pedals arent that great.

How Is the t3pa compared to the standards?

Bought this wheel this week and its great.
Played with the g27 a couple years and T300 ffb is so much better. Also feels a lot smoother.

Only coming from g27 the pedals arent that great.

How Is the t3pa compared to the standards?
I think that you need the T3PA-Pro pedals to feel an improvement over the G27 pedals, especially if your G27 pedals had a brake mod installed too.

I think that you need the T3PA-Pro pedals to feel an improvement over the G27 pedals, especially if your G27 pedals had a brake mod installed too.

Thanks,

I had no brake mod installed.

Yes i also thought about the T3PA pro but i cant buy it were i live. Maybe i have to import it.

Can the T3PA pro easy installed on a playseat evolution?

Still have the g27. Maybe buy the connector and use the g27 pedals?

Still have the g27. Maybe buy the connector and use the g27 pedals?

Personally, that would be the option that I would choose, it's the cheaper alternative and the G27 pedals are reasonably good, although they're much better with the Nixim mod installed too.

Failing that, I'd try and get the T3PA-Pro pedals rather than the standard T3PA. If you can wait a while, perhaps the pedals may become available where you live, they are pretty hard to find anywhere at the moment.

Question for those who had to ship there wheel base or anything to there place in Canada. Ok so how do they go about the RMA procedure how do they give you the delivery slip is it by email and a print off or will it come by mail. Second do I need to ship any power cables with the base or no also if the delivery is by mail will they supply the box or will I need to buy one.. I never had to do this before since I never owned any TM product before.

Question for those who had to ship there wheel base or anything to there place in Canada. Ok so how do they go about the RMA procedure how do they give you the delivery slip is it by email and a print off or will it come by mail. Second do I need to ship any power cables with the base or no also if the delivery is by mail will they supply the box or will I need to buy one.. I never had to do this before since I never owned any TM product before.

I made a video of the problem uploaded it to youtube, sent them the link to it with a copy of my amazon purchase receipt, and a picture of the wheel base serial number.

They emailed me two PDFs that were the shipping label and the invoice - I had to print out one copy of the label, and 3 copies of the invoice. I was required to box up the wheel myself with foam and such to protect it. - Do not ship it only in the original blue TM labeled box. Make sure if you pack it in there to put another brown box around it, or just pack it in a brown box. Do not tape the label and invoice to the box like TM tells you.. just bring the print outs and the closed box to a UPS shipping store and they will help you properly attach the label and invoice in clear packets.

Some times they only ask for the Base some times they ask you to send the rim as well - but Do Not include the power cable, the pedals (unless they ask you to), or the little set screw that holds the rim on. They sent me a new screw but some people report they forget to send the screw back. They will not ship you a new power cable.

Back