Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Much appreciated my friend they emailed me today confirming the process of the RMA and that they needed my shipping address which I thought they would send me the shipping labels and all. So with that being said and today a Friday and TM closed on weekends I guess I will get everything Monday or Tuesday to have everything ready to ship.
Question for those who had to ship there wheel base or anything to there place in Canada. Ok so how do they go about the RMA procedure how do they give you the delivery slip is it by email and a print off or will it come by mail. Second do I need to ship any power cables with the base or no also if the delivery is by mail will they supply the box or will I need to buy one.. I never had to do this before since I never owned any TM product before.

Much appreciated my friend they emailed me today confirming the process of the RMA and that they needed my shipping address which I thought they would send me the shipping labels and all. So with that being said and today a Friday and TM closed on weekends I guess I will get everything Monday or Tuesday to have everything ready to ship.

Also do not expect to get back the box you send it in.. mine for example was replaced. They sent it back in two different boxes (base and rim separate). So the large box I sent my base and rim in with the original packaging inside I no longer have. Some people like to keep the original packaging, I really don't mind I am just happy I have a very nice smooth working T300.

Just from old habit, as I used to work at a place where we inspected returned items, I included a typed up note with my wheel. It had my name, the exact problem for the RMA, and the email reference number so the person who opened the box knew right away what to check. Not sure if that helped them, but we always were happy when someone did that for us when returning a defective item.

Personally, that would be the option that I would choose, it's the cheaper alternative and the G27 pedals are reasonably good, although they're much better with the Nixim mod installed too.

Failing that, I'd try and get the T3PA-Pro pedals rather than the standard T3PA. If you can wait a while, perhaps the pedals may become available where you live, they are pretty hard to find anywhere at the moment.

Thanks, ill buy the connector.

The Fry's $80 off deal is live again today!! I hope you are signed up LVracer!:)

I was but I didn't see anything in the email about it?

Edit: Just checked my email and I signed up on the 16th, got nothing on the 17th and got my first e-mail on the 18th. I must not have been in the system yet. :indiff:

Finished my setup today with the arrival of the TH8A shifter, I previously wasn't so sure it was worth getting due to price ( is rather expensive ) and the fact that if I do want to drive manual then I have the paddles on the wheel although only sequential. Anyway decided to buy it as I always felt there was something missing especially after getting the T3PA pedals and having a clutch but no shifter they felt a little wasted.

Am so happy I decided to purchase the Shifter it is absolutely fantastic :D out of the box the resistance and throw seem absolutely spot on to me and feel very natural!! Loving the mechanical click noise you get when changing gear as well :tup:Also the clutch pedal on the T3PA pedals is excellent with very good resistance @ 5kg.. Driving in game now feels so much more natural and dare I say it a little easier for me as I was never a fan of paddle shift having driven manual irl for 16 years :lol: Can't recommend this thing enough if you are sitting on the fence about buying one, it really is worth the money!!

19269837993_73606d6666_b.jpg

19269833893_cc720cd622_b.jpg

19268113784_2ff348e13b_b.jpg

19895794771_859b41bf42_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I bit the bullet and bought the T300 GTE Edition for my PS4. I imagine it's the same as the RS.

However, I'm having a problem on the PS3 with WRC 4. Unfortunately I cannot accelerate. I did get it to reverse with the brake briefly and the accelerator did register in wheel settings once. I've checked PS3 mode/switch etc. In GT6 it's fine, no problems.

Can't help but feel I'm missing something obvious.

Hi,

I bit the bullet and bought the T300 GTE Edition for my PS4. I imagine it's the same as the RS.

However, I'm having a problem on the PS3 with WRC 4. Unfortunately I cannot accelerate. I did get it to reverse with the brake briefly and the accelerator did register in wheel settings once. I've checked PS3 mode/switch etc. In GT6 it's fine, no problems.

Check the TM web page and see if WRC 4 is supported with the T300

Fryto, any update on your situation? After not using my T300RS for several weeks, I plugged it back in yesterday and discovered I have the exact same problem you did: the damn thing will NOT stop calibrating no matter what I do. Yesterday I tried reinstalling the drivers and that temporarily fixed it, but today it doesn't. Unbelievably frustrating.

Just wanted to note for others who may be having the same problem -- rotating the wheel all the way to the left before I plug it in has solved the neverending calibration issue for me.

Hi,

On a separate note. I have set of Logitech G27s practically new. Got them replaced under warranty and used it a total of 6 hours, so they are as new as can be. They sent me the new ones with the updated encoder with the newer packaging.

My question is do I sell this set and get no more than £140-£150 max? Or, do I buy an adapter for 20 odd quid so I can use the pedals with the T300 GTE? Or do I buy T3PAs? Pro or otherwise.

Also, what is the value of G27 wheel and shifter only? Who would even buy an incomplete set?

Finished my setup today with the arrival of the TH8A shifter, I previously wasn't so sure it was worth getting due to price ( is rather expensive ) and the fact that if I do want to drive manual then I have the paddles on the wheel although only sequential. Anyway decided to buy it as I always felt there was something missing especially after getting the T3PA pedals and having a clutch but no shifter they felt a little wasted.

Am so happy I decided to purchase the Shifter it is absolutely fantastic :D out of the box the resistance and throw seem absolutely spot on to me and feel very natural!! Loving the mechanical click noise you get when changing gear as well :tup:Also the clutch pedal on the T3PA pedals is excellent with very good resistance @ 5kg.. Driving in game now feels so much more natural and dare I say it a little easier for me as I was never a fan of paddle shift having driven manual irl for 16 years :lol: Can't recommend this thing enough if you are sitting on the fence about buying one, it really is worth the money!!

19269837993_73606d6666_b.jpg

19269833893_cc720cd622_b.jpg

19268113784_2ff348e13b_b.jpg

19895794771_859b41bf42_b.jpg
Noticed when plugging into pc for firmware update the ffb setting is at default,does this need to be changed to 100,playing on ps4

Noticed when plugging into pc for firmware update the ffb setting is at default,does this need to be changed to 100,playing on ps4

The settings made on the PC driver do not affect how it operates on the PS4. - If you are a ps4 user, hooking it up to the PC is just for FW upgrades and testing functionality.

The settings made on the PC driver do not affect how it operates on the PS4. - If you are a ps4 user, hooking it up to the PC is just for FW upgrades and testing functionality.
Ok thanks,any recommendations on ffb on f1 2015,feels a bit weak on the ps4

I just moved to Germany and purchased a T300, T3PA, and Wheelstand Pro today. Unfortunately, I accidentally ordered the Ferrari GTE but wanted RS. My wife tells me it's harder to cancel orders here than the states. We immediately sent an email requesting change to the RS which is €2 more expensive, so we will see what happens. If I'm stuck with the GTE am I correct in thinking it doesn't have PS, share, or options buttons so I have to use my DS4 to get those functions? That would be frustrating if it's how it works. I should've ordered through Amazon.de where it'd be easier to fix a mistake like that.

Last edited:
Thank you @WildRun

Edit: thankfully they cancelled the order and I placed a new one through Amazon for the RS. I can't wait to check it out.

Last edited:
Just bought a T300 GTE and went to update drivers on thrustmaster homepage. I went through an installation procedure and afterwards I found the firmware updater blank and no Control panel as depicted in the pdf file I downloaded from thrustmasters to look in during installation. See Picture below what happens when I click "Control panel"

rgRk9qx.png

What's wrong? Why can't I veryfy the firmware version? When I click auto-update it just says I have the latest version but no way to check and no Control panel.

Just bought a T300 GTE and went to update drivers on thrustmaster homepage. I went through an installation procedure and afterwards I found the firmware updater blank and no Control panel as depicted in the pdf file I downloaded from thrustmasters to look in during installation. See Picture below what happens when I click "Control panel"

What's wrong? Why can't I veryfy the firmware version? When I click auto-update it just says I have the latest version but no way to check and no Control panel.

in the control panel window click the advanced button to get the window to come up showing the wheel.. it wil show the version.. Also for PC make sure the swtich is in the PS3 position

in the control panel window click the advanced button to get the window to come up showing the wheel.. it wil show the version.. Also for PC make sure the swtich is in the PS3 position
Ok it worked when I double clicked advanced. Didn't know about it having to be in PS3 mode, thanks. That solved seeing the version. The manual mentioned nothing about that.

I have a serious deadzone for the brake. It doesn't seem I can adjust that in the control panel... And that it after not touching anything after plugging in the Wheel letting it calibrating itself. What to do?

how much is serious? my stock pedals had a deadzone in the gas pedal but i only knew it was there because i was testing in the control panel.. while playing i couldnt tell. - There are options to take it apart and fix.. or return / exchange. or you can shove a bit of foam in front of the pedal to remove it?

Like 10%. My Logitech DFP didn't have any deadzone and this was an expensive wheel. Throttle too a Little to much. When I start pressing throttle first time it reacted immediately and after that it built in a small deadzone. Very strange. Brake is worse. I have to get back on FFB stuff in PCars tomorrow. I can hardly feel any at all and the Logitech DFP was better.

Like 10%. My Logitech DFP didn't have any deadzone and this was an expensive wheel. Throttle too a Little to much. When I start pressing throttle first time it reacted immediately and after that it built in a small deadzone. Very strange. Brake is worse. I have to get back on FFB stuff in PCars tomorrow. I can hardly feel any at all and the Logitech DFP was better.
People have been repairing the deadzone on the T300 pedals themselves, however I'd personally send them back for repair/replacement. It's a new item, therefore it should work and I shouldn't have to fix it myself.....that's my opinion anyway.

The fix is probably fairly simple, but it really shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry to spam, but Thrustmaster just announced some new shiny:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/categories/racing-wheels

- stand-alone TX base (handy if you own a T500/300 and just want to have Xbox One compatibility without buying a complete set): http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-servo-base
- 30cm Alcantara rim, called the 599XX EVO 30: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/599xx-evo-30-wheel-add-alcantara-edition

Paging @Soulfresh_ACV to do your thing and update the OPs on the Thrustmaster threads.

That 30cm rim looks very cool, hard to resist :)

Back