Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to spam, but Thrustmaster just announced some new shiny:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/categories/racing-wheels

- stand-alone TX base (handy if you own a T500/300 and just want to have Xbox One compatibility without buying a complete set): http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-servo-base
- 30cm Alcantara rim, called the 599XX EVO 30: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/599xx-evo-30-wheel-add-alcantara-edition

Paging @Soulfresh_ACV to do your thing and update the OPs on the Thrustmaster threads.

That 30cm rim looks very cool, hard to resist :)

Updated OP. The things that are attractive for me is the size and the alcantara. Still not that impressed with the cheap Ferrari look. No prices for either products yet but thanks @skazz .

Last edited:

- stand-alone TX base (handy if you own a T500/300 and just want to have Xbox One compatibility without buying a complete set): http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-servo-base
- 30cm Alcantara rim, called the 599XX EVO 30: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/599xx-evo-30-wheel-add-alcantara-edition

Paging @Soulfresh_ACV to do your thing and update the OPs on the Thrustmaster threads.

Looking good, yes very hard to resist, but Iam still looking to get the 28" Leather Wheel, hmmm smell that new leather ..lol

Looking good, yes very hard to resist, but Iam still looking to get the 28" Leather Wheel, hmmm smell that new leather ..lol
If the price is the same i think i would rather have the 30cm rim instead. Not sure if their is any major differences besides size.If i bought the 28gt and a couple of months later the 30cm came out i would be p*ssed

A standalone T300 base when I bought it would have been nice.

I prefer leather over alcantara though, so I'm happy with my TM 28. And I don't really care all that much about 30cm vs 28cm.

That is cool.. I have emailed TM twice asking where I could buy the T500 GT rims by itself (don't want the paddle shifters) for my T300 but they never responded. I would rather stick with my T300rs rim for now.

Glad Thrustmaster is finally selling the wheel bases stand alone.. seriously took them long enough to get on that.

That is cool.. I have emailed TM twice asking where I could buy the T500 GT rims by itself (don't want the paddle shifters) for my T300 but they never responded. I would rather stick with my T300rs rim for now.

Glad Thrustmaster is finally selling the wheel bases stand alone.. seriously took them long enough to get on that.
Probably TX sales has been weak.

Question for those who know...

Aside from XBone vs PS4 compatibility, what is the difference between the wheel base for the T300rs and this TX Base? Are they they same motors, specs, etc?

As a PC user, PS4 vs XBone does't bother me in the least.

Thanks in advance.

Aside from XBone vs PS4 compatibility, what is the difference between the wheel base for the T300rs and this TX Base? Are they they same motors, specs, etc?

Thanks in advance.

I believe they are the same motor specs Crow.

I believe they are the same motor specs Crow.
After a bit of digging I see the TX has only 900° of rotation vs 1080° for the T300. So there's that. But both are brushless and the verbiage makes them seem nearly identical. If nothing else it makes me at least consider a wheel I never would have before. I always just assumed the T300 was the superior Thrustmaster wheel. Perhaps not. And I'm a PC user so I am immune to the XB vs PS war.

After a bit of digging I see the TX has only 900° of rotation vs 1080° for the T300. So there's that. But both are brushless and the verbiage makes them seem nearly identical. If nothing else it makes me at least consider a wheel I never would have before. I always just assumed the T300 was the superior Thrustmaster wheel. Perhaps not. And I'm a PC user so I am immune to the XB vs PS war.
The TX has the same motor, power supply, fan and structure as the T300. Also the same pedal set.

Differences are:
- 900 versus 1080 degrees (so the rotation stops are different)
- different pedal faces
- TX has a protrusion on top for the kinect light
- Xbox One button versus PS3/4 switch on the base
- TX comes with a very plastic but light F458 rim, T300 comes with a solid metal rim (either the RS playstation rim or the GTE Ferrari Challenge rim)

If you only grab the TX base stand-alone because you want a different rim and pedals, then really the only point of interest is the rotation... Which to almost everyone is a non-issue.

The TX has the same motor, power supply, fan and structure as the T300. Also the same pedal set.

Differences are:
- 900 versus 1080 degrees (so the rotation stops are different)
- different pedal faces
- TX has a protrusion on top for the kinect light
- Xbox One button versus PS3/4 switch on the base
- TX comes with a very plastic but light F458 rim, T300 comes with a solid metal rim (either the RS playstation rim or the GTE Ferrari Challenge rim)

If you only grab the TX base stand-alone because you want a different rim and pedals, then really the only point of interest is the rotation... Which to almost everyone is a non-issue.
180 degrees less are a lot. I'm not able to XYZ….. #sarcasm lol ;)

It's only selling USD$50 cheaper than the whole TX package. Personally, even if it's only for PC, I would buy the whole package. Makes it easier to resell privately or to the pawn shop. I think TX is a great investment as a PC wheel at least not as much issues reported as T300RS.

Anyway, further conversion should be on the Thrustmaster TX thread to keep this thread on topic (T300RS). @crowhop perhaps you should raise your questions over at the Thrustmaster TX thread about the wheel.

OK, Thrustmaster. You have my attention. I can finally get the wheel base with out the junktastic 458 Italia wheel, and the craptacular stock pedal set. About damn time! I just need to find the price of the base alone, and then I can price up some estimates, and compare prices to other MFG's on an apples to apples basis.

Not liking that the 599XX EVO rim is 8:10ths scale. I'D rather get the generic looking 28 GT wheel, because it's not based on a larger wheel. As for the pedals... Go big, or go home. Right?

Anyhow, nice move Thrusty. It took you long enough.

Thanks in advance.

I have a T300rs since it's release. Bought a XBone for Forza a few weeks ago and wanted to have one wheel for all. So I ordered the TX 485. And all I can say, is that the base and its tech is not fully identical. The TX had noticably more drag, was louder (probably the belts) and didn't move as fast as I am used to from my T300. I was actually quite dissapointed and returned it. Even so I had to revert back to playing Forza with a controller. But I am unwilling to compromise the great FFB I get from T300 for serious PC racing.

Edit,
I bet that the T300 is an advanced version of the TX base.

Last edited:
I have a T300rs since it's release. Bought a XBone for Forza a few weeks ago and wanted to have one wheel for all. So I ordered the TX 485. And all I can say, is that the base and its tech is not fully identical. The TX had noticably more drag, was louder (probably the belts) and didn't move as fast as I am used to from my T300. I was actually quite dissapointed and returned it. Even so I had to revert back to playing Forza with a controller. But I am unwilling to compromise the great FFB I get from T300 for serious PC racing.

Edit,
Perfect. This is the comp I was hoping for.
For me, the math wasn't really adding up with the TX Base anyway. Unless it gets down to $200, I don't think it is worth it. If only because you can get a complete TX Wheel for $290 USD, and cheaper if you pay attention to deals. Even if you deem the 458 Rim as useless, it has some resell value. Same for the pedals.

I will wait it out and get a T300. It, at least, has a functional, solid rim included with the deal.

Thanks for the review.

Edit,
I thought it was the same wheel. Could it be the different games implementation of ffb?

So, a while back I said I would post my findings on the CPX adapter and PlayStation here. I am using Fanatec Clubsport Elite pedals, and it works beautifully. For me at least the pedal feel is just where it needs to be, where it feels 'just right'. I tried with the PS3 (GT6) and they worked great, then also tried with the PS4, worked fantastic until my PS4 died on me. Drifting with this setup was as easy as can be.

Thanks for the news. Would you know if at $260, this is only the base, or also comes with the pedals?

Thanks for the news. Would you know if at $260, this is only the base, or also comes with the pedals?
$260 is for the Base only. No pedals, no rim.

In my opinion, the best play for the 458 TX would be to buy the complete set and sell the pedals and rim on eBay. I simply do not see the value in "saving" for the Base only.

There was an interview that hinted of there being a T300 Base coming soon. I'll wait for that, but it would have to be in the same price range as the TX Base ($260) for it to make any sense.

The MSRP for the TX is still $399 as far as I'm aware (although it sells for $299 or less).

So basically Thrustmaster is saying that losing the rim and pedals drop the price by $140. And there's no way you'd get $140 for them on eBay (unlike the T300RS rim which I think might sell for $100 on eBay).

Once the TX stand-alone base drops in price accordingly with the TX package, I assume it'll go under $200. Which is when this package makes sense. Right now comparing the full TX package at $299 to the TX stand-alone base for $260 MSRP isn't flattering to the stand-alone base, obviously.

The MSRP for the TX is still $399 as far as I'm aware (although it sells for $299 or less).

So basically Thrustmaster is saying that losing the rim and pedals drop the price by $140. And there's no way you'd get $140 for them on eBay (unlike the T300RS rim which I think might sell for $100 on eBay).

Once the TX stand-alone base drops in price accordingly with the TX package, I assume it'll go under $200. Which is when this package makes sense. Right now comparing the full TX package at $299 to the TX stand-alone base for $260 MSRP isn't flattering to the stand-alone base, obviously.
Since, for the most part, the only parts that get wear and tear are the pedals and rim and they're useless for most anyway, a Used unit is, in my opinion, the way to go. It is not uncommon for used ones to be listed for $230 on Amazona/eBay.

I will likely pull the trigger on the next used T300rs I see for $300.

Maybe TM offering a TX base only is an indication of sales starting to slow down? If this is the case I think is still a long way for the T300 base only offering

Maybe TM offering a TX base only is an indication of sales starting to slow down? If this is the case I think is still a long way for the T300 base only offering
not only that, but the value proposition of the T300 is different, since it's being offered with a clearly more expensive rim for the same MSRP as the TX. There's less incentive to buy a new rim for T300 users since the stock rim is as good as most of the options (unless you must have leather or want the new 30cm alcantara rim).

not only that, but the value proposition of the T300 is different, since it's being offered with a clearly more expensive rim for the same MSRP as the TX. There's less incentive to buy a new rim for T300 users since the stock rim is as good as most of the options (unless you must have leather or want the new 30cm alcantara rim).

I really wanted the leather rim. But if they make the T300 base available as standalone, then my friend could buy the base only. As he has G25 pedals or I could give him my stock pedals, and I could just give him my RS rim that I no longer use, and he'd be all set.

So, this just happened. Got it for $200 in "Used - Acceptable" condition. Since the pedals are useless (to me) and the Rim is only mildly useful (considering the price, getting a new Rim or two is very affordable), what issues should I be looking for in the function and use of the Base? How long will it take me to figure out if the Base has some kind of failure?

Thanks in advance.

3bX6zgT.png

Last edited:
So, this just happened. Got it for $200 in "Used - Acceptable" condition. Since the pedals are useless and the Rim is only mildly useful (considering the price, getting a new Rim or two is very affordable), what issues should I be looking for in the function and use of the Base? How long will it take me to figure out if the Base has some kind of failure?

Thanks in advance.

3bX6zgT.png

Plug it into a PC - update firmware if needed - go through the control panel and make sure all the buttons register

Clicking or clunking when turning back and forth around the center while under FFB. Best place to check this is while in the main menu the centering force is enough. - I have a video of it.

Others are obvious..
it will turn back and forth over and over again when powered on and never stop (calibration fails)
The internal cooling fan never turns on even while racing - this leads to the FFB strength fading quickly

I am hoping someone can help me. Last week I bought a T300 to replace my T500. So the problem is this, while driving in a straight line I can feel my car moving side to side and I can see it also in the replay. It's making me absolutely crazy and causing me to make driving mistakes. Also I feel some slight vibrations that I know shouldn't be there. I really miss my T500 it worked perfectly for 70,000 miles. I never plugged my T 300 into a PC, could that be it? I would really appreciate any help thanks in advance.

I am hoping someone can help me. Last week I bought a T300 to replace my T500. So the problem is this, while driving in a straight line I can feel my car moving side to side and I can see it also in the replay. It's making me absolutely crazy and causing me to make driving mistakes. Also I feel some slight vibrations that I know shouldn't be there. I really miss my T500 it worked perfectly for 70,000 miles. I never plugged my T 300 into a PC, could that be it? I would really appreciate any help thanks in advance.

What system are you playing on and what game are you playing?? (for sure yes hook it up to a PC and make sure the FW is updated and everything is working)

Back