Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im not getting nothing mate my computer does'nt read the usb and the power cable has no light I'm vex man I don't know what to do, I heard already about thrustmasters customer service :S

Im not getting nothing mate my computer does'nt read the usb and the power cable has no light I'm vex man I don't know what to do, I heard already about thrustmasters customer service :S

I think you will be ok as its just brand new they will replace it, dont know how long it will take them though as they have no stock.

**** that means I've got to pay to send it back to them?
I'm not sure, surely they would have to cover that cost, hopefully someone with experience of Thrustmasters customers service will be able to comment!

Obviously as with anything which turns out to be dead on arrival, your first port of call is the shop which sold it to you...

just got mine from france today mate too, hooked it up to the pc and only came to life once standard windows drivers finished installing. you must have the selector switch switched to ps3 and not ps4, apparently for pc you must have the switch pushed left towards ps3

I think its the drivers on my PC its not recognising the steering wheel a light comes on then goes off when it calibrates it moves a little bit and then stops.

got a laptop to try it on?

have you installed the thrustmaster drivers? theres a firware update program with it too, maybe reflash your firmware to possibly clear things up

I've tried everything installed firmware the updates Im not getting that usb noise on my PC that indicates a usb connection I've tested with other hardware so it has to be the t300

have you tries different usb ports, dont know if your using a keyboard usb or some usb hub, if you are try the usbs on the back of your pc

going to bed now....good luck

Last edited:
using a usb hub bro theres no ports on my keyboard I've tried them and nothing coming from the t300 its got to be a fault in the usb connection as other hardware like gamepads and my wacom tablet work

Is the USB hub powered via a plug? Sometimes devices only operate when connected to fully powered USB ports. The back of the PC always has full powered ports. I always connect stuff like this directly to my motherboard(back of PC). Give it a try you got nowt to lose

Definitely going asleep now

using a usb hub bro theres no ports on my keyboard I've tried them and nothing coming from the t300 its got to be a fault in the usb connection as other hardware like gamepads and my wacom tablet work

smikes. i had the same problem with you before in the T300RS(lights up alittle and steering move alittle). i tried another usb port and it works fine later.

Well I haven't used the T300 base yet but I believe it is the exact same as the TX except it goes to 1080 degrees the TX only goes to 900.

However I played Forza 5 with the T300RS wheel it is so much better than the TX wheel, heavier and made from much better materials, it makes the TX wheel seem more like a toy almost with it's mostly plastic construction. The heavier wheel actually makes the base feel smoother.

The only difference with the pedals is the pedal plates and I much prefer the T300 ones too, the "fat" brake pedal on the TX is like an automatic car brake and i'm used with 3 pedal manual cars in real life with a smaller brake pedal face so that was also a plus. I will be buying the T3PA pedals so this info doesn't really matter a whole lot anyway.

So I will be using the T300 wheel for my TX base at all times now and also use it on the T300 base when I have a game to play with it. I don't use my PC for gaming so I am patiently waiting on Driveclub and Project cars on the PS4, also Forza Horizon 2 on the XB1.

I had the same problem as you are having, what I did was to make sure the power cable was pushed fully in place. The wheel would only move about half an inch. I then uninstalled all drivers and downloaded a fresh set of drivers from thrustmaster, installed the new driver and it worked. Also it would not work until I had the pedals connected to the wheel. Now it works great even with my clubsport V2 pedals. Hope this helps in some way.

I just wondering does the French t300rs wheels comes with a uk socket or do you have to get it on your own. As all of the uk stoke is sold out and i am looking to buy the wheel soon.

I just wondering does the French t300rs wheels comes with a uk socket or do you have to get it on your own. As all of the uk stoke is sold out and i am looking to buy the wheel soon.

The ones people (including myself) have been receiving from France is UK stock, purchased through Thrustmaster UK they are shipped from France and have a UK plug.

Thanks Paul, tried everything I think my unit is faulty as there is no green light when I plug the t300 into the mains also my usb device keeps telling me Unknown devices

Thanks Paul, tried everything I think my unit is faulty as there is no green light when I plug the t300 into the mains also my usb device keeps telling me Unknown devices

I dont get a green light either when plugged into the mains, theres no light. Do you only get the unknown device when t300 is plugged in? its not there still when you havent got it plugged in right?

yeah when I plug the usb in I get unknown device icon in my toolbar..... the green and red light flickers and the steering wheel moves a tiny fraction.....then it goes dead??

Anyone bought this wheel and also purchased Thrustmaster T3PA? I'm starting a separate thread so you guys can help share the experience of this pedals. (Link)

Given the unfortunate end of support for Logitech's DFGT/G25/G27 & Fanatec older wheels on PS4, it will be most helpful if you guys can help others who are looking at getting new wheels and pedal sets. I'm particularly interested in the factory brake mod and how it feels.

Last edited:
yeah when I plug the usb in I get unknown device icon in my toolbar..... the green and red light flickers and the steering wheel moves a tiny fraction.....then it goes dead??

I think their still maybe a chance that your t300 is fine as i have a £300+ motherboard in my pc and the usb under certain conditions the usb misbehaves here and there with the error you mention. have you not got a ps3/ps4 or access to one?

Maybe try unplugging all usb devices including your hub then try the t300 thats if you already havent.

Oh well, i guess it is looking like a faulty wheel. I feel for you dude. Ring thrustmaster up now if you can to get a replacement or a possible fix

The weirdest thing is the usb ports at the back of my PC work, for my mouse, keyboard and wacom tablet when I plug the t300rs into the back there is no sound that my PC recognises the unit then I get the unknown device pop up?

Anyone bought this wheel and also purchased Thrustmaster T3PA? I'm starting a separate thread so you guys can help share the experience of this pedals. (Link)

Given the unfortunate end of support for Logitech's DFGT/G25/G27 & Fanatec older wheels on PS4, it will be most helpful if you guys can help others who are looking at getting new wheels and pedal sets. I'm particularly interested in the factory brake mod and how it feels.

I'm going to buy these on the 15th september when they are back in stock!

I have both so can use them for both! Thinking about buying the Ferrari 458 GTE wheel to replace the stock TX wheel though, after using the T300 it's so much better!

I use the GTE wheel on my TX, I very much prefer it to the stock 458 Italia wheel, however I do miss the buttons on the stock wheel, there were about twice as many it seems.

Back