Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,715 comments
WG. Silvia. Had the golden lap (for me) today. Not actual gold but I strung it all together for a silver. I was a hundredth away for 3 days.

1:57.790 flat.

I'm new here. Not new to GT, I've been a d pad smasher since the OG. First time online was a week and a half ago. I don't compare to most in here but I've already learned enough to gain multiple seconds just today.

I tried to add a photo but I'm new and haven't made any posts so I think I have to wait.

Anyway, thanks for the help, even though I haven't been active in here I've been reading and lurking a bunch and so many posts have helped me increase my exit speeds and tactics.

🍻

Last edited:
I could not get myself to do some Tsukuba laps, i think i could go faster but not that much, still top 1000 with 806 so i'm happy with that!

My goal lies at The Glen....., there still was one car to gold, the dam* M4..., i drove a few laps but it wasn't good, the car is just slow, that's it, tried to exit in 4th and that was a little better, still slow a* but ladies and gentleman....

156.299 :lol: :lol: :lol: ( altho i didn't check if there was a new gold time this morning?)

But i'll make it official....

BMW M4
Just don't........:lol:

20230622_064032.jpg

I find it so nice to see that the time trials are on fire with everybody, the miles everyone puts in are insane, and along the way some have realy grown to be realy fast guys, we practise, we learn and we get better and try to help others out getting faster.

So for the once that are giving advice and are seriously trying to help out.... that's just gold!

Keep it up all, and on to the next one, :bowdown:

siiiiigh. Miserable qualy in the G70; botch the first lap and I can't get anywhere near my free practice time, start P12. Begin daydreaming in the lobby and you can likely guess what happens next - I forget to change onto hards. Oh yes. But it gets worse. Lap one, someone spins out and veers in front of me, doesn't ghost and , bam, 2 sec penalty. Absolutely nothing I could have done.

I seriously entertain the idea of DNF, knowing that I am going to have to take the pit-of-shame on lap 7. I have a serious aversion to DNF, can count on one hand, I think, in thousands of races so I slog on since this is a stupid, lame, 8 lapper. Can only manage P8 before I pit, even with the tire advantage. One did dnf, so P15.

miserable race, miserable car, miserable driver.
Wrong thread?

If it wasn't for all the crazy flying Finns, it wouldn't look as bad. I'm convinced there is either snow, ice, or rain on the road at all times up there, so that's all you know. It's the only thing that could explain such domination! :lol: I did manage to split the other Nordic guys. That feels like win for me! :P
View attachment 1266997

That's why I'm proud being up there on the list coming from a desert filled country 😂

I'm very happy to share with you my first gold medal on a GT7 TT: Tsukuba ♥

1687420469248.png

As some guys decided to push me out of the gold at Watkins Glen while I was on holidays, I have no other option to come back in the game! After tens laps, couldn't improved my 1:56.335 but I swear, I will!!!

Tested the new TT on Brands Hatch 👍 with the G70... :yuck: Scored a first mediocre silver after few laps with a low motivation to make it better.

come on @Tidgney , so close to the world record
Haha, I mean to be fair I had it for a little while which is nice as I've not had one for awhile, nice to be the first into the 39's :D! But ye I may have another go at some point as I really REALLY enjoyed this time trial for 15 minutes this morning!

Guide is here for those interested with additional upgrades!

Don't think gold is an option for me here. Never mind the fact that I suck with road cars, I don't think I've ever really nailed Paddock Hill Bend in thousands of laps. This will be a fortnight of constant restarts.
I have a love-hate relationship with Brands Hatch - I love it except for Paddock Hill Bend, which hates me.

I find it to be one of the hardest corners to consistently get right - Turn One at Watkins Glen and Autopolis are not much better... at least it is right at the start though, and when you do nail it, you feel confident for the rest of the lap!

I think I'm going to struggle here too though - I used Brands Hatch as a testing ground for GT3 cars, but road cars are not my favourite to say the least.

Don't think gold is an option for me here. Never mind the fact that I suck with road cars, I don't think I've ever really nailed Paddock Hill Bend in thousands of laps. This will be a fortnight of constant restarts.

Looking forward to it :lol:
I'm constantly beacing the G70 and this car don't like any of the BH turns. 😂

Last edited:
at least it is right at the start though, and when you do nail it, you feel confident for the rest of the lap!
Not necessary, I got a really good exit once, but the excitement got the better of me and I messed up the rest of the lap. 😂

For those who whant to learn more about Brands Hatch track :)
Oh we will learn it okay. 😂
(Cool name, Dingle Dell 😄)

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT30* in the Audi TTS Coupé '14 at Tsukuba.

Highlights:
  • Participation edged up again.
  • It was a pretty easy TT based on reward distribution. It was third easiest to get gold and easiest for silver, making it easiest for those two combined. It was also second easiest measured by drivers getting no reward.
  • Oddly it was difficult measured by proportion of drivers within 1% of #1, because as usual with these tricky car/track combinations, there are a handful of people who are just a class apart.
TT-main table.jpg
TT-main table-a.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

TT-distribution.jpg
TT-hor bar.jpg
After four very difficult ones, finally a big Yes.
TT-easy.jpg
This lap gave me this result:
  • Time: 1:08.415
  • Position (percentile): 309/125,538 (Top 0.25%)
  • 1.06% off #1 and 0.3% off #100.

* The eagle-eyed among you might notice we've had TT30 already. I've decided to mark the Olympic event as such and use numbers only for the normal events. The key reason is that the thresholds for gold (1.5% instead of 3%) and bronze (20% instead of 10%) were different from normal. That messes with my rankings and conditional formatting, so the Olympic event is excluded from those. This applies to the main table RAG only; the Olympic TT result is included in all other aspects such as all gold, averages, etc.

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT30* in the Audi TTS Coupé '14 at Tsukuba.

Highlights:
  • Participation edged up again.
  • It was a pretty easy TT based on reward distribution. It was third easiest to get gold and easiest for silver, making it easiest for those two combined. It was also second easiest measured by drivers getting no reward.
  • Oddly it was difficult measured by proportion of drivers within 1% of #1, because as usual with these tricky car/track combinations, there are a handful of people who are just a class apart.

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

After four very difficult ones, finally a big Yes.
View attachment 1267078
This lap gave me this result:
  • Time: 1:08.415
  • Position (percentile): 309/125,538 (Top 0.25%)
  • 1.06% off #1 and 0.3% off #100.

* The eagle-eyed among you might notice we've had TT30 already. I've decided to mark the Olympic event as such and use numbers only for the normal events. The key reason is that the thresholds for gold (1.5% instead of 3%) and bronze (20% instead of 10%) were different from normal. That messes with my rankings and conditional formatting, so the Olympic event is excluded from those.

So I have 30 Golds and I got Silver at Olympics TT @ 1.51%.
Are you saying i am 1 of only 126 in the world to have all Gold TT except the Olympics TT??

Attachments

• 20230622_195519.jpg
    20230622_195519.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 8
Back