Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,715 comments
meeting of the all-gold club

R.jpg

@half_sourly thanks for the DR breakdowns. Makes me feel a bit less useless as a B, missing out on some of these gold and silvers, I'm in a lot of company. Easy/hard ratings are a bit different for us average joes.

Last edited:
IMG_0952.jpeg

253rd at Tsukuba, happy with that!

As predicted, this car is a bit lively 😂😂 as @sdi_03 mentions, it’s a bit touchy on the brakes/turn in. I’m not sure I have the dexterity to tame it so countersteering assist is STRONG for now, sorrryyyyy! I highly recommend it for anyone struggling as it just tames that liveliness under braking especially on a track like Brands Hatch where there’s a lot of weight transfer control needed!

It’s a lot of fun though, I did 10 laps for a reasonable time and lots to learn, it’s not as god awful as the Alfa at RBR and it’s surprisingly agile for a fat pie of a car, I think this one will be fun!

IMG_0953.jpeg

Predictably despite setting a time before just about everyone, on the friendship leaderboard I am currently 3rd place.. out of 3 drivers, and both drivers above me are from a small but mighty Scandinavian country…. Perkele!!

IMG_0954.jpeg

Happy Lapping guys!!

Last edited:
Just did 50km or so this morning.....

WHAT THE HELL is with this car??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It tried to snap oversteer in just about every corner. Had to adjust the way I drive by quit a bit. Still having a lot of hard time at Sheene Curve....always ended up facing Berry R when I touch the brakes.

Only managed a barely silver atm at 1:43.9 :crazy:

You got me amigo!! 😂😂😂 I was super pleased to get into the 1:53 club but it was such a small improvement I didn’t feel it was worth spamming y’all with it.

I had a much more productive session this evening; it went from agony to jubilation (the opposite of today in the 1st Ashes test!) as I was about to set a monster time (I reckon 1:53.6 from the splits/ghost) and went all out on the final corner and… clipped the wall on exit. The PAIN of watching the time fade away in those final few hundred metres!!

But, I did put in a properly decent lap a few minutes later.. YAY! Left a tenth of a second or so on the final corner just to guarantee a new PB but properly chuffed… I AM TOP OF MY FRIENDSHIP TABLE! I imagine a Finnish flag will pop up at number one shortly (or some guy on a Nokia 3310..) but for now imma milk it

Definitely more time to game, I really wanna nail this one and get the perfect lap. I find the combination of track/car/tyres absolutely perfect on this one! Enjoy it while you can..

<gloat mode enabled>

View attachment 1266816
View attachment 1266817

<gloat mode remaining enabled>

Dan - It's time you finish that Super Formula book! I need to post but can't find the time to do it - have tested a bunch of cars and noted my times and of course spent too much time finding liveries and taking pics lol. Will post soon

Spent almost 2 hours trying to get gold and sweating all night only to get .400 seconds short of gold before the deadline… today noticed after my last physical adjustments to my rig last week I never recalibrated pedals in game and was only getting 90% max out of accelerator 🤦🏻‍♂️

After golded the CE, I've improved my score on Brands Hatch at 1:43:800 with the G70 (still behind @IngRobNy)
I know, it's only a medium silver but not sure I will fight for hours to get gold here.
I think the best thing to do, is to try secure silver, gold is miles away anyway, my G70 have all aero parts, maybe a bit slower, but maybe better handling? Going to try without later and see how that goes... 😆

I think the best thing to do, is to try secure silver, gold is miles away anyway, my G70 have all aero parts, maybe a bit slower, but maybe better handling? Going to try without later and see how that goes... 😆
I agree my friend, a secure silver is a good option here. Congrats for your nice score, you should get the silver.
I would have fight for gold if the TT was with a real sport car because I like this track.

Did a few laps on the controller with the G70, managed a 1:42.259 with a best possible of about 1:41.8xx if I can string the segments together. I think I would be faster on my wheel because the steering is so sensitive on this thing. Will have to get that setup when time permits. Barely in the Gold but it won't last, IMHO. If I can manage gold on this one, it would be three in a row (assuming my 1:55.702 remains gold on WG).

Last edited:
With full aero:

View attachment 1267196

and just stock:

View attachment 1267197

the car is faster without, but harder to control, in the 42's, but still, gold looks miles away...
You will enter the TT with a BoP car, it's the same for everybody, aero is just for the looks but does nothing, so you just were slightly better in the faster lap 😉

You will enter the TT with a BoP car, it's the same for everybody, aero is just for the looks but does nothing, so you just were slightly better in the faster lap 😉
So we are talking about placebo effect here? Bummer, have to test it again and compare the top speeds, the stock felt faster than the full aero.

Edit.

Same with the Audi time trail, not gold until I put spoiler on it.

Edit.

Shaved off some more time from ,834 down to ,741, top speed 198 km/h with the stock version.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230622202549.jpg

going full aero next.

Edit.

Nah, the speed is the same, everything is the same, like you said @Gomario JSP , it's just me who was a bit faster and it was just a coincidence. (face palming myself with a shovel...)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230622204406.jpg

Last edited:
I'm definitely driving this car wrong....normally I would've been hovering around the gold time. This time I'm no where nears it :indiff:
It’s a big unruly beast. There’s no point being subtle, just chuck it around the bends.

IMG_3555.jpeg

Did I mention that I LOVE this track?

Possibly the scruffiest gold lap there’ll be all week.

Last edited:
Tsukuba - I was so close to silver on my initial few laps last week I went back this morning to set a time just under 1:11, so in the 1.10's but hoping it will hold as I have a habit of having 4.87% times that slip to bronze on the last night. I will have a look after doing the Manu later tonight when properly warmed up.

Would be nice to get a million credits as the glitched Ford is returning to the Legendary dealer this week (I think?)
Good news, I got a cool 1m credits, and immediately bought that Ford! Happy days.

Now to log a decent time at Watkins Glen. I like this circuit so will have fun hot lapping!

9 more laps at WG with a slight improvement (and a big opportunity missed as I hit Barry-R in the last turn... surely a 1:56.xxx lap)

Optimal is in the middle of 56's better than before and a few laps were 57's instead of the usual 58's-59's-00's and one 57 lost among them.

188e49e3df842-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lap count 57.

Last edited:
Whats up with these Arabs getting all the records lately ?
Time and money/good kit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the emirates start getting quite serious in to esports/sim racing in general. While it's a polar society wealth wise the other half have a lot of money, ALOT of nice cars and the time to learn them in real life and on a console.

Super macro hat on, it's a region that is highly trying to diversify from oil, tourism was the first part of that but I'd imagine that trickles down to as many different sectors/industries/niches at some point and now we are seeing that in esports/sim racing. Give it 5 years maybe a little less and they will probably have one of the very top competing teams.

Back