Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,712 comments
Sometimes I don't really understand the handling of the road cars. When the car starts to slide if you correct it whips back the other way. IF I was on the gas, I'd get it as this car is AWD so the front tires would be pulling it... but if just coasting it seems a little dramatic how much it wants to swing back.

Anyway, all three accounts in gold... best one being a 41.0 (which is odd as it felt like a bad lap). I am not much a fan of Brands but I do applaud PD as at least this TT is something different; this is the first time a Korean car has been used.

Another fun combo. Brands Hatch has such a nice flow and is definitely one of my favorite tracks. The key is to take advantage of the G70's weight to carry speed through corners. You also need to short shift (to some extent).

Made it to top 5 for the first time ever. 1:39.588 (opt. 1:39.4xx)

View attachment 1267260

That lap is a thing of beauty; smooth as silk.

1'42'042 in Brands Hatch
it's on track to have a third gold medal in a row (as long as the aliens don't wake up too much 🤣🤣) but this time may be even better
16875332445197073361744746353317.jpg

WHAT IS THIS ****BOX?!?!?
Whoever is responsible for this korean abomination should be forced to drive a morris marina for the rest of their miserable life :mad:
It's almost a 2 ton car and not set up for track racing, PD is good at giving us challenging TT's. :)

1'42'042 in Brands Hatch
it's on track to have a third gold medal in a row (as long as the aliens don't wake up too much 🤣🤣) but this time may be even better
View attachment 1267434
Cool, the time is still in the 42's, but I'm still 6 tenths away from gold, but I'm not done yet. :)

Edit.

Not my day today, best I could do now was 1:44:458 after 63,8 km, that's ca 2,3 seconds behind my best time and not even good for silver... :lol:

Last edited:
As predicted, this car is a bit lively 😂😂 as @sdi_03 mentions, it’s a bit touchy on the brakes/turn in. I’m not sure I have the dexterity to tame it so countersteering assist is STRONG for now, sorrryyyyy! I highly recommend it for anyone struggling as it just tames that liveliness under braking especially on a track like Brands Hatch where there’s a lot of weight transfer control needed!

It’s a lot of fun though, I did 10 laps for a reasonable time and lots to learn, it’s not as god awful as the Alfa at RBR and it’s surprisingly agile for a fat pie of a car, I think this one will be fun!
I followed Dan_Tes' advice and managed to calm the beast down to arrive at the gates of gold....at 74 years old....😂
So, to those who yell at this Génésis, turn up the counter-steering aid to "strong" and it helps a lot.....and don't hesitate to throw it around, nor to visit the grass a bit, it's a 4WD, you don't waste time....

Ahhhh you are getting lazy on the wheel :)

See with these road cars you have to see saw the wheel and hold it.

Remember you aren't catching a drift but just looking for straight line traction.

Edit:

It's not as hard as you think and I mean that genuinely.

This is one of the delicate ones, don't chase the limit markers on the hud and take one gear higher. Usually 4th but mileage varies on that so take third.

Also let the car float a bit, it's ok it's a heavy front heavy lump that will turn in.

This is the opposite of the wet tskuba TT

Last edited:
Evening! Big session today, mainly trying to tick off the Super Formula Menus to appease Sir @Saargasm but also get used to this TT. I’m not gonna lie, I really like it! I love Brands Hatch anyway, lots of fast flowing challenging corners, very dynamic. Not a good place for a Korean luxury saloon… or is it?

I change my mind, I still recommend Countersteering Assist Strong for anyone getting used to the car and track but it IS possible to drive this car nicely even if you have hams of fist like me or you were born outside the Arctic Circle.. It gets unsettled VERY easily under braking so I imagine it’s a nightmare on a pad but on a wheel… very satisfying

View attachment 1267235
View attachment 1267236
Still behind every Finn I know who has attempted this.. but very pleased so far 🥸
View attachment 1267237

Haven't attempted this TT yet - missed playing yesterday needed the sleep. Got some time in this morning on Sir Walkins Glen testing out more cars. It's quickly becoming a favorite track of mine and the BOP is pretty spot on as I'm hitting gold times with numerous ones. I figured at this point I'm going to hold off making my post until the end and I'll make a table with my FL's and Optimals (wish I would have done that from the get go). I'd probably be close to done testing but I go and search for a livery for each one and then spent too much time taking a pic of the car after each one lol - ya know, for... well I dunno, I just like taking pics too I guess lol

By far the worst road car on TTs , the Alphard one was very fun for me, but this 5 tone sponge has a very thin border between slow and out of track, i think i have time to get gold but its almost impossible to be consistent lap after lap.

You all are lying about the handling on Brands Hatch! 'Ol ChatGPT has some news for you!

"The performance of the Genesis G70 3.3 AWD with the Prestige Package on the Brands Hatch race track in Britain would depend on several factors. Brands Hatch is a challenging and technical circuit known for its mix of fast and slow corners, elevation changes, and limited straights. Here are some considerations:

1. Power and Acceleration: The G70's 3.3-liter V6 engine with 365 horsepower should provide sufficient power for the track, allowing for strong acceleration out of corners and along the straights.

2. Handling and Grip: The G70's all-wheel-drive system can provide improved traction, especially when exiting corners. The adaptive suspension and Brembo brakes included in the Prestige Package can contribute to the car's overall handling capabilities.

3. Weight and Size: The G70 is a relatively heavy luxury sedan, which might impact its agility and responsiveness compared to smaller, lighter track-focused cars. The tight and twisty nature of Brands Hatch might emphasize the G70's size and weight limitations in certain sections of the track.

4. Driver Skill: The driver's skill and experience will play a significant role in how well the G70 performs on the track. Knowing the ideal racing lines, braking points, and managing weight transfer will be crucial to extracting the best performance from the car.

Overall, the G70 with the Prestige Package can offer an enjoyable experience on the Brands Hatch track. It has the power, handling features, and luxury amenities to provide a satisfying driving experience. However, it's important to note that the G70 is primarily designed as a road car, so it may not deliver the same level of performance and track-focused engineering as purpose-built track cars.
"

10 more laps at WG

A good improvement that could have been a great improvement, have I not butchered an easy turn at the end of the lap, went down from -1.2s to -0.8s on the previous best lap of the session, finally 1:57.111, could have been 1:56.8xx 😔

Another light improvement later with 1:57.012 on lap 9.

Optimal 1:56.173...

View attachment 1267485

Lap count 67.

Butchering a good lap (go to 1:35 if you don't want to watch all the lap).

Forgot to set the display for race info (should be on by default).

10 more laps at WG

A good improvement that could have been a great improvement, have I not butchered an easy turn at the end of the lap, went down from -1.2s to -0.8s on the previous best lap of the session, finally 1:57.111, could have been 1:56.8xx 😔

Another light improvement later with 1:57.012 on lap 9.

Optimal 1:56.173...

View attachment 1267485

Lap count 67.

Butchering a good lap (go to 1:35 if you don't want to watch all the lap).

Forgot to set the display for race info (should be on by default).

Looking better and better. You're carrying more speed through the corners and taking advantage of the asphalt on exit. I have no doubt you will be in the 56's very soon. Keep it up! :cheers:

So at least 126 aliens on earth confirmed. 😂

You have to be good yes, but not necessarily Alien level.

I (who am not an alien, I might add :) ) have 29 golds to my name and the only reason I don't have all 31 is because I did not participate in 2 TTs (Skyline at Interlagos and Escudo at Willow) in which both were pretty damn average in terms of difficulty. The Olympics, X2019 at Road Atlanta and the NSX-R Tuned at Nurburgring were by far the hardest golds but even then, over a 1.000 people were able to gold all of those.

Some World Tour drivers didn't participate in some TTs either.

And now that I think about it, these TTs have earned me 60 million. ... Across a year... It's not much, but it's honest work.

Back