Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,709 comments
10 more laps at WG

A good improvement that could have been a great improvement, have I not butchered an easy turn at the end of the lap, went down from -1.2s to -0.8s on the previous best lap of the session, finally 1:57.111, could have been 1:56.8xx 😔

Another light improvement later with 1:57.012 on lap 9.

Optimal 1:56.173...

View attachment 1267485

Lap count 67.

Butchering a good lap (go to 1:35 if you don't want to watch all the lap).

Forgot to set the display for race info (should be on by default).

Doh! If you didn't scrape that barrier, it is definitely a 1:56!

Much braver with the throttle....and using more track than before. First sector looks pretty good....a few improvement here and there will probably get you a gold 👍

I'm addicted to the Brands Hatch TT. I must've done over 100 laps today chasing the WR ghost and getting so close. A couple of times I was already ahead until I suddenly forgot how to drive or got a penalty. New PB 1:39.405, opt. 1:39.2.

View attachment 1267518

Seriously quick, man. Nice job.

I had a look at your profile and I don’t mean to rain on your parade here but how come you’ve one silver when you drive like you do above? Which one was that?

Used a gtp-tagged ghost (slatanic1) to guide me to a 56 flat in the F-Type around Watkins Glen. Think that’s my limit - a 55 eludes me no matter which car I try. Can’t get the hang of the Silvia at all.

IMG_3558.jpeg

Hopefully that’s enough to hang on to gold.

Collected my Cr.2m from Tsukuba and had my first run at Brands Hatch this evening. Paddock Hill Bend is super frustrating but I’m quite enjoying the rest of the lap in this thing - currently on a 40.8 with an optimal of 40.4 after the first 100 miles 👍

Last edited:
9 more laps at WG TT with the Silvia

Finally in the 1:56's 😃 with a lap that could have been much better... a few missed apexes here and there. 3 laps in the 57's. At least 2 with penalties up to 1s.

The last turn and the first one are so important (and a bad last turn makes it impossible to get a good turn 1 even if getting it right), most of laps feel pointless once you missed turn 1.

View attachment 1267553

Best lap :

Lap count 76.

Last edited:
This morning I did some miles on the Hatch, turns out to be a quite technical layout, I started out with thr same settings as yesterday with CS on strong on the Pad and gave me a tenth in the end, then was kind of done because thr furry bastards were killing me, swinging from the pendle lights.....
20230624_065805.jpg

It is SO hard to focus with this kind of behaviour it not even funny sometimes 🤣

But when they finaly calmed down a bit i did another few laps, decided to loose the CS and found some time again, without CS I'm def faster in sector one, but this again was such a crappy lap and my S1 was hideous.. this was .944 were I had laps at .6xx
But still came across the line in 40.557 🤔🤣
Lost of room still if you can nail one lap, but I'm seriously surprised that this lap was 1.40% of Jeddah 🤔🤣

1:40.557

Happy lapping folks 🤣

I switched to the controller and chase cam for Brands Hatch, and I was able to get a silver (for now), but no chance of a gold for me here.

A couple of odd things happened though - the ghost disappears and doesn't come back, and then the game crashed as I started a new lap.

Still, it is definitely more fun for me with the controller, as I was really struggling with the wheel on this one.

I followed Dan_Tes' advice and managed to calm the beast down to arrive at the gates of gold....at 74 years old....😂
So, to those who yell at this Génésis, turn up the counter-steering aid to "strong" and it helps a lot.....and don't hesitate to throw it around, nor to visit the grass a bit, it's a 4WD, you don't waste time....
Yeah exactly, use the over rotation to get enough initial turn in into a corner, then make sure to not have too much speed in the middle of the corner (easy to misjudge due to the car's weight and the good initial turn in can fool you). This way you will carry good speed on corner exit. If you try to avoid drifting completely, you won't be quick enough I think.

Personally I don't prefer to use the countersteer assistance at all with this car, it is a 4WD car so the sliding shouldn't cause a spin out that easily and having the most corner rotation gives you more room to play with on track.

I think this car just suits my driving style pretty well. I can control cars that slide a little bit and also when I've done setups for different cars and driving different cars too, I've found that my driving style prefers great intial corner rotation and that I want to get on the throttle as soon as possible. This car allows me to do both, I can manipulate the sliding to give me enough corner rotation and then I can push the throttle pretty early.

Last edited:
Seriously quick, man. Nice job.

I had a look at your profile and I don’t mean to rain on your parade here but how come you’ve one silver when you drive like you do above? Which one was that?
Thanks man. That silver was the infamous Nordschleife / NSX time trial. Still haunts me. My excuse is that I was using a low budget wheel with no FFB back then so driving was.. different.

Last edited:
I'm sitting on a 1:55.8 at WG with both the Silvia and the Jag. And I've also managed a 56.2 with the Swift. I might go back during the week to improve my time, if I need to.

As for BH, I'm not particularly on speaking terms with any of the corners on this circuit. I think I've had a catastrophic loss of talent at all of them in the last couple of days. Having said that, I've got my time down to a 1:41.5, which is gold at the moment.

Small return this afternoon on the circuit of Watkins Glen. But this time without the Ferrari. I tried the Silvia and even if I don't really like it I still managed to improve my best lap. And I finally went below 1'55 with a time of 1'54'882 and an optimal time of 1'54'609

16876110377172013509509050860938.jpg

Edit : After 50kms I improved from 0'00'036 to 1'54'846 with an optimal time at 1'54'613

Last edited:
Small return this afternoon on the circuit of Watkins Glen. But this time without the Ferrari. I tried the Silvia and even if I don't really like it I still managed to improve my best lap. And I finally went below 1'55 with a time of 1'54'882 and an optimal time of 1'54'609

View attachment 1267639
You sir, are on fire 😁, great time! secured the gold 😁🍾

Early indications are this is another relatively easy TT, with gold around 17%, silver 33% and only 7% at this point out of the rewards. Early days.
I thought I'd seen this post :D

I'm trying to work with a new wheel and got within 3.02% of top on my first actual lap, so was curious whether I was suddenly 1% faster than my usual 4% off because new wheel... or easy time trial :lol:

Glad to see it's the latter and I remain as meh as ever.

I thought I'd seen this post :D

I'm trying to work with a new wheel and got within 3.02% of top on my first actual lap, so was curious whether I was suddenly 1% faster than my usual 4% off because new wheel... or easy time trial :lol:

Glad to see it's the latter and I remain as meh as ever.
With a new wheel, that's good work (actually, that close to gold in any TT on lap 1 is good work!). It's never easy to adjust to new hardware.

It may not be a top 10 world leaderboard result like @djolliea or @Blayney, but I have, by the skin of my teeth, joined the sub-1:40 club at Brands Hatch. :)

View attachment 1267687

Poor @JHop on 1:40.003 I feel your pain man! 😂😂 Also add me on PSN I don’t think I have you Danger_Dan986 (I think…) I need another Finn to be behind on my leaderboard

No improvement for me today as I was out driving in the real world (no track day just through the mountains of Wales..) have a good evening everybody!

Last edited:
Poor @JHop on 1:40.003 I feel your pain man! 😂😂 Also add me on PSN I don’t think I have you Danger_Dan986 (I think…) I need another Finn to be behind on my leaderboard

No improvement for me today as I was out driving in the real world (no track day just through the mountains of Wales..) have a good evening everybody!
You're on there if you meant me.

First day trying out a more meta car at WG.

I'm pretty satisfied with how the Jag drives, but I'm still acclimating to it.

Anyway, my only reference so far has been the CE so I'm curious where I might find more time if anyone wouldn't mind watching my lap while I research some of the laps all of you have posted.

Optimal lap was showing a 1:55.0xx

No improvement for me today as I was out driving in the real world (no track day just through the mountains of Wales..) have a good evening everybody

I'm actually ending my three month long sim racing career (for now).

My wife got a reserve spot from a school she's been trying to get in, so we're moving to a new city in a month.
I've already put my rig on sale to finance a part of the move.
Not very motivated to continue with a controller, if you catch my drift.

Good luck everyone and keep being awesome :cheers:

Back