Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,709 comments
I had 8 silver and 8 bronze so far until the TTTsukuba came around. I had gotten so close to gold at Tsukuba that it motivated me divest some time away from my favorite activity (Daily Races/World Series) and give more time to time trials. After tasting my first ever gold at Tsukuba, there was no going back for me. I'm now greedy for more golds.

Praying that Laporty and the Jeddah dude have moved on from the Watkins Glen as I'm at 2.87%, so close that I could be out of gold. I think I am safely within gold at Brands Hatch. :D
IMG_7343.JPG

The understeer-y nature of the Genesis combined with lax track limits made it easy to push it to limits without any fear of spinning out or violating track limits relative to Gr4 cars and on tracks with strict limits.

The difficult part for me was regaining traction after drifting around corners. I started overlapping half braking with half throttling at the end of braking, and that made it easier to regain traction. This also kinda acted as a superior traction control which enabled me in keeping TC at 0.
IMG_7344.JPG

----

@Lomic, really good to see you active on this thread regularly, man! I still remember our first interaction on this thread during the Shelby GT350 time trial at Laguna Seca. You've come far and rather quickly. I still love reading your posts here and I love seeing a lot of activity here due to your posts. :)

Last edited:
I was mostly having fun driving different cars at WG. Tried the Atenza, Alfa 4C, Lancer EVO, Mustang....all of them I can get to low-mid 55s with in 3 laps without pushing.

Then I tried the M4....Did someone forget to give it another 30hp or something? It's like riding a tricycle compair to the others 🤣

I've tried other cars other than the S15 and the F-type. Cayman I can get to 1:54.7. Viper 55 dead. Corvette, Alfa 155 and the VW Scirocco I can get to low-mid 55s.

Probably will try the others tomorrow....my eyes are tired right now 😴

@Lomic, really good to see you active on this thread regularly, man! I still remember our first interaction on this thread during the Shelby GT350 time trial at Laguna Seca. You've come far and rather quickly. I still love reading your posts here and I love seeing a lot of activity here due to your posts. :)
Thanks ! Starting TT's has saved me from getting bored with GT7 again and losing interest, along with the dynamic and friendly community here.
TT's fit well with my short time windows to play GT7 (and hopefully get some credits and DW tickets while doing so).

@Pesselles : ah yes there's that Venise trip. I am confident that you will get back in gold quick.

I'm actually ending my three month long sim racing career (for now).

My wife got a reserve spot from a school she's been trying to get in, so we're moving to a new city in a month.
I've already put my rig on sale to finance a part of the move.
Not very motivated to continue with a controller, if you catch my drift.

Good luck everyone and keep being awesome :cheers:
Good luck in new city and hope to see you back on top of my leaderboard soon.

So, my first car at the Hatch had all the extra stuff i usually add ,spoiler/etc, thought i'd try a plain stock one and i found it much easier to control,improved by over .600, hope this holds till the end.
View attachment 1267776
You just got a better lap in, there is absolutely no difference in handling with the aeroparts on or off in these trial events, so you just did better yourself 😁

That's it for me WG it's over. Impossible to improve my best time even if I had optimal times at 1'54'6xx. For Brands Hatch I may still have the possibility of playing there again next Friday, but it will be hard for me to do better even if my optimal time was 1'40'7xx.
But I am very happy with these 2 golds

16876779900338946480855664508863.jpg

@JHop Good luck for your new life !!!!

Thanks ! Starting TT's has saved me from getting bored with GT7 again and losing interest, along with the dynamic and friendly community here.
TT's fit well with my short time windows to play GT7 (and hopefully get some credits and DW tickets while doing so).

@Pesselles : ah yes there's that Venise trip. I am confident that you will get back in gold quick.
90% of my time is on the TT at this point, I rarely do anything else in the game. They're perfect for 2-3 30 minute sessions a week, adulting doesn't allow for much else

Had a descent first sector this morning bus kind of stuffed a fair set of turn up afterwards, T6 Westfield Bend I lost a lot of time and exitspeed, same as for T8 Sterlings Bend, I think I could get into the 39's if all would stick, but thats so hard with this car!, but it's nice to see that you can get a descent time despite have a less quick sector in it..
So the absolute goal here for me would be 39,'s...... who knows 😁

1:40.308

Last edited:
This morning, I was focused on WG and it was gold session :dopey:

Golded again WG with a decent 1:56.054 even I would prefer sub 1:56. This gold score should stand till the end.

(I've also golded the sections 2, 3 and the full lap for the CE with the Genesis X)

It's time to be fully concentrated on BH now :mischievous:

Time for goldMy scores=/=
BH - 1:42.098BH - 1:42.379+ 0:00.281
WG - 1:56.317WG - 1:56.054- 0:00.263

Golding the CE is (a bit / much) easier after tens of laps of training with TT.
Don't miss the opportunity to get rich like @Chikane_GTR and @smoothbore12 :lol:

Last edited:
I tried BH again last night, the best I could do was 1:42:9xx so it seems my time of 1:42:7xx is my final result for this TT, got silver so time to move on... when is the next one? 😂

Edit.

New TT on Thursday. 🙂
It just arrived, so you have a lot of time still to improve and try to hunt for gold right?, try different lines and breakpoints, if you are at silver already now..... don't quit now and go for it! 😁😁

For those trying for the gold on WG, I’d like to recommend two non meta cars - Hyundai Genesis - certainly not the fastest, but is super smooth and easy to drive. Very very consistent
RCZ - had 0 miles with it and set a new PB 5-laps in and then again the next lap. With BOP actually gives it more HP and keeps the weight the same which is very light.

Keeping details light as I’m going to do a long post with all the cars I’ve tested which is 20-long currently (or course with pics!)

Here is the lap if your pace and skill is around mine 1:55.160 with the RCZ

Last edited:
Made a little table of what I've driven so far for WG.

TimeCar(s)Note
1:54.5Silvia S15
1:54.7Cayman
1:54.9F-type
1:55.0Viper
Low 55sMustang, NSX, Genesis, Huracan* Possible 54s with some work
Low/Mid 55sAtenza, Alfa 4C, Alfa 155, Lancer Evo, Corvette, VW Scirocco, Aston V8 Vantage, Citroen GT
1:56.4M4* Yes..this car is SLOW

Probably will try more cars later and update the table.

Last edited:
BH TT 1:39.8 I’ll take that. 👍

Now, this G70 is really odd to drive, but one change in my driving helped a lot.
When releasing the brakes, be really gently.
So brake little too early, and really pay atention how you come off the brakes.
If you release brakes even little too fast, it will upset the balance of the car.

I'm actually ending my three month long sim racing career (for now).

My wife got a reserve spot from a school she's been trying to get in, so we're moving to a new city in a month.
I've already put my rig on sale to finance a part of the move.
Not very motivated to continue with a controller, if you catch my drift.

Good luck everyone and keep being awesome :cheers:
This makes me sad, best of luck @JHop and all the best in your new life.. Perhaps your wife could buy you a new sim rig in the new City to say Thank You for the sacrifice? :lol:
Had a descent first sector this morning bus kind of stuffed a fair set of turn up afterwards, T6 Westfield Bend I lost a lot of time and exitspeed, same as for T8 Sterlings Bend, I think I could get into the 39's if all would stick, but thats so hard with this car!, but it's nice to see that you can get a descent time despite have a less quick sector in it..
So the absolute goal here for me would be 39,'s...... who knows 😁

1:40.308

Wowsers, superfast! @Gomario JSP when are you going to entertain us on a wheel and make us realise you were the fastest forum member full stop!?

Accidental long session for me today after a hard morning session digging four billion weeds out of my garden I got stuck into the Glen knowing it is nearly up. A bit daunting coming into it now because I know how little room I have to improve; every corner has to be perfect. It was very satisfying though, once I'm in the groove I really get this one. Annoyingly exactly the same happened on a perfect lap here like last time, miles ahead of PB and then just took one corner with a bit too much greed and touched the grass to lose 0.2 seconds. I think it would have been a 1:53.5xx!! It was a still PB but I couldn't stand my fastest lap having such a huge mistake. I did manage to get a quicker lap... by three thousand of a second but I know there's a good 0.3 seconds out there at my current pace! I really really really want to nail this one (@djolliea feel free to keep trying for the WR at BH and don't bother at the Glen, kiitos!).
IMG_0976.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0979.jpeg

Last edited:
Improved my time at WG to 1.55.8xx with the Silvia. My optimal is showing a 1.55.5 might have to keep trying to make sure that gold is secured. Hopefully the time won't go down much lower.

Gave the BH a go too and currently sitting at a 1.43.6xx. after just 4 laps. I don't know if I can find nearly 2 seconds to get gold on this lol 😆

From yesterday until today, did the 2 TT runs in about a 50km session each, and yeah, pretty easy golds, I was extremely surprised at how nice and easy the G70 is to drive, I believe if I tried to do the sliding correctly (after watching the top 1), I could definitely reach the mid 1:39s, but for now I'll stick with these times which should be enough for gold at the end. Used the Silvia at Watkins Glenn and a 1:53s time is also on the cards after many mistakes done on my best lap.

Both really good circuits to drive on but the cars simply aren't my thing. I prefer faster cars (Gr.2 or above).

20230625_163307.jpg

This makes me sad, best of luck @JHop and all the best in your new life.. Perhaps your wife could buy you a new sim rig in the new City to say Thank You for the sacrifice? :lol:

Wowsers, superfast! @Gomario JSP when are you going to entertain us on a wheel and make us realise you were the fastest forum member full stop!?

Accidental long session for me today after a hard morning session digging four billion weeds out of my garden I got stuck into the Glen knowing it is nearly up. A bit daunting coming into it now because I know how little room I have to improve; every corner has to be perfect. It was very satisfying though, once I'm in the groove I really get this one. Annoyingly exactly the same happened on a perfect lap here like last time, miles ahead of PB and then just took one corner with a bit too much greed and touched the grass to lose 0.2 seconds. I think it would have been a 1:53.5xx!! It was a still PB but I couldn't stand my fastest lap having such a huge mistake. I did manage to get a quicker lap... by three thousand of a second but I know there's a good 0.3 seconds out there at my current pace! I really really really want to nail this one (@djolliea feel free to keep trying for the WR at BH and don't bother at the Glen, kiitos!).
View attachment 1267907
View attachment 1267908
View attachment 1267909

That's seriously fast. Good job my friend! I may have to give this another try before Thursday. :)

Last edited:
8 laps at WG just to finish the day, get my daily mileage and hopefully improve my record.

Was tired after more than a GT7 daily marathon on my bicycle this morning and more than 50km on my windfoil this afternoon, will get a good sleep tonight !

With that tiredness, I was not hoping for much, except getting my DW ticket and train muscle memory on this TT.

But... I managed to do very consistent laps most in the 1:57's and some 1:56's

On my best lap I've had 1.123s in advance on previous best lap, which was setting things for a good 1:56, may be a gold time ? Alas I lost some of it and crossed the line with "only" 0.958s improvement.

Which gave me an light improvement on my record, but not gold yet.

188f408c9d480-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lap count 84.

Last edited:
8 laps at WG just to finish the day, get my daily mileage and hopefully improve my record.

Was tired after more than a GT7 daily marathon on my bicycle this morning and more than 50km on my windfoil this afternoon, will get a good sleep tonight !

With that tiredness, I was not hoping for much, except getting my DW ticket and train muscle memory on this TT.

On my best lap I've had 1.123s in advance on previous best lap, which was setting things for a good 1:56, may be a gold time ? Alas I lost some of it and crossed the line with "only" 0.958s improvement.

View attachment 1267977

Lap count 84.

If not for a rough heel and the following left turn coming out of the boot, you would have been darn near 1:56 flat. Might I say you have a chance for a 1:55? You've been improving and improving. Nice job!

Wow, that's huge my friend !!
You're very close to gold now and as said @Dolph Drago you could still improve by +/- 0.5 sec your PB.
Keep pushing for the yellow medal :cheers:

View attachment 1267977

Lap count 84.

Damn ..that would've been a 55s. Sector one was great ... 2nd sector lost a lot of time tho :/

View attachment 1267977

Lap count 84.

You are losing all your speed at the elbow of the crawling man. The elbow and earlier turn to give you the run and you are GOLD my friend.

They are fast and the a slow turn. You are squaring them off too much :)

You are losing all your speed at the elbow of the crawling man. The elbow and earlier turn to give you the run and you are GOLD my friend.
I have no idea which turns you refer too with those names, I don't find them on the track maps.

I am following your ghost, so if you say I don't take them right, you know who to blame 😅

More seriously, there are a lot of things to improve still, and even in my best lap, I miss apexes and more. Will get there eventually, I hope so anyway.

I have no idea which turns you refer too with those names, I don't find them on the track maps.

I am following your ghost, so if you say I don't take them right, you know who to blame 😅

More seriously, there are a lot of things to improve still, and even in my best lap, I miss apexes and more. Will get there eventually, I hope so anyway.
If you look at the track map and imagine a man crawling you can see the elbow.

I want you to beat that ghost, it is a very very achievable time.

Don't push so hard and do a lap or two just flowing and getting some solid brake point.

You are too late in the last 4 turns and it means you have to square them off which can be quick but you're having to brake and slow so much.

The aim should be to get the braking done before turning, with some trail braking if you need to.

If I get some time tomorrow I'll show you what I'm talking about.

There are a lot faster peeps on here but I'm a consistently slow gold guy so can relate to your driving style and approach bud

Back