Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,699 comments
RecordGT7.png

Museu WA RASSE de Nebuta_.jpeg

My special livery for a very special car. (Even though it's Scarlett Johansson's car - the leader of my former Bob Team - I'm the one who takes the wheel). :sly:

Last edited:
Sitting at O’Hare waiting to get my flight home back to CA. Looking forward to taking another run at Brands Hatch when I get back, trying out the Aston Martin for the first time, and spending my Cr.2M from Watkins Glen!! Enjoy the long weekend for those in the US :cheers:

Hi,

@ half_sourly....

Thank you!

That helped a great deal. A great deal indeed.

I was far too aggressive on the throttle and trying to manage the overtake deployment at the same time. Shoved a few laps in earlier today and there is a marked improvement here. Into a silver time now and not too far off gold, so again... Thank you!!! :-)

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

A bit of topic but still...My better half couldn't make time on RBR she wanted and we were watching F1 Sprint race live so she thought to take SF23 out for a spin... Then after she didn't beat time she wanted, she decided to change the car and see what she can achieve for lap time. Well... Hello Tomahawk 😁 😁😁😁😁
PXL_20230701_163609211~2.jpg

Guys, I'm pleased to announce that now, we, plebeian D-Pad users, can now match those wheel user aliens.

I started the Valkyrie TT today, and first of all, this car is handful at slow speed corners due to how much traction control (throttle) you need to have to get out of those corners without wheelspinning into space, but, it's one heck of a fun car to drive. Beats out any other Track Day Hypercar (FXXK, P1 GTR, Zonda R, Vulcan) by a mile... This car is basically equal to some of the Gr.1 cars, and surely faster than any Gr.2 car.

As for my time? See for yourselves:

20230701_174637.jpg

Yes... 18th in the world. I couldn't believe it, but I've also read the patch notes and apparently, the controller sensitivity has been re-worked, and I guess that's why the Dualsense feels so much sharper in the slow speed corners in particular. Hopefully PD lets it stay this way. If I can put up a time like this, then the Alien D-Pad users are probably right up there with the wheel monsters.

Only 1 tenth away from the top 10 and only 0.5% / 4 tenths off the time of aliens like Drumont... I'll try to improve it further even.

Unexpected safe silver at RBR. Unexpected because I usually struggle with this kind of cars. But this looks to be an street car on steroids, with not that much aero then an hypercar.
Gears and button was too much for my cpu, so I went with AT, the cpu immediately freed up, and I get a 19.3x in less than 200km.
I see I'm loosing at each exit, but at least can concentrate on brake point, lane

On the other side BH is still a mystery.
My ideal is only 1s into the silver, but my 0B is still 0.2s out of the silver door

Guys, I'm pleased to announce that now, we, plebeian D-Pad users, can now match those wheel user aliens.

As for my time? See for yourselves:

Yes... 18th in the world. I couldn't believe it, but I've also read the patch notes and apparently, the controller sensitivity has been re-worked, and I guess that's why the Dualsense feels so much sharper in the slow speed corners in particular. Hopefully PD lets it stay this way. If I can put up a time like this, then the Alien D-Pad users are probably right up there with the wheel monsters.

Only 1 tenth away from the top 10 and only 0.5% / 4 tenths off the time of aliens like Drumont... I'll try to improve it further even.

Not today aliens! He talks like he’s one of us humans……..

I inverted from yesterday, 8 laps on RBR and 4 on BH

Improved from 1:23.071 to 1:21.735 (optimal 1:21.173) on RBR (tried the boost button, useful but not sure it made me gain that much as it troubled me as well). Watched @Mistah_MCA's lap guide this morning and remembered some breaking points.

Improved from 1:44.757 to 1:44.435 on BH, not that much but it was to short.

BH lap count : 12

RBR lap count : 12

In the meantime, back on Earth...

I completely failed to replicate my PB run at Brand's Hatch like I completely forgot how to drive (or the update's controller handling change made me struggle more). Maybe I will concede and stay at 41.3, should be enough for gold.

Jumped to the Aston (beautiful orange paint), first two corners made me forget TCS 0. For long I struggled to get into silver, then to brake the 1:20 barrier. One "fluke" lap and:
RedBullTT-almost.jpg

While this may look like a cool time it may prove to be unimprovable for me. I'm not dropping my gloves yet, but I think silver could be enough for this one.

Hi guys,

first time poster here. I joined the GT7 community when I bought my PSVR2. Not having been a huge racing game fan until this point, I expected it to be a fun experience, but not much beyond that. Oh how wrong I was :lol:

Anyway, after having completed all the menus and driven ~14,000 km in the various single player modes over the last few months, I have now shifted my attention to the sports mode, and time trials in particular. I am really not good at it compared to a lot of you guys here, but over the last few weeks I at least improved to the point where I can somewhat comfortably get into silver territory - gold is definitely out of reach though (so far, I am working on it ;)).

I have been very much enjoying the statistics that @half_sourly is publishing on a regular basis, but being as impatient as I am, I was looking for a way to get some of that data in real time, and created this little script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/469934-gt7-tt-statistics

You can install it in your browser with an extension such as Tampermonkey or Userscript. When you visit a time trial on the GT website, e.g. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/event/6696/ for the current Valkyrie one, it will show a little red "Stats" link in the top menu. This will open a pop-up with the current number of participants and the percentage of players in each tier (be patient, it might take up to 30 seconds to load all the data). The percentages are cumulative, so e.g. the bronze percentage includes all players in bronze, silver and gold.

gt7-1.png

gt7-2.png

Let me know if you think it's useful, find bugs or have suggestions for additional features.

Just did my first 8 lap session with the Valkyrie. Wow! You’ve got to wonder why they would make a vehicle that spins up the wheels in a straight line, on racing tyres, in 7th gear.

I’m 3 tenths inside the gold time, but there’s a lot of time left on the track. It’s going to be hard to be consistently fast on this combo.

I can’t even really tell whether the top time has only a bit or a lot of time to find.

Hi guys,

first time poster here. I joined the GT7 community when I bought my PSVR2. Not having been a huge racing game fan until this point, I expected it to be a fun experience, but not much beyond that. Oh how wrong I was :lol:

Anyway, after having completed all the menus and driven ~14,000 km in the various single player modes over the last few months, I have now shifted my attention to the sports mode, and time trials in particular. I am really not good at it compared to a lot of you guys here, but over the last few weeks I at least improved to the point where I can somewhat comfortably get into silver territory - gold is definitely out of reach though (so far, I am working on it ;)).

I have been very much enjoying the statistics that @half_sourly is publishing on a regular basis, but being as impatient as I am, I was looking for a way to get some of that data in real time, and created this little script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/469934-gt7-tt-statistics

You can install it in your browser with an extension such as Tampermonkey or Userscript. When you visit a time trial on the GT website, e.g. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/event/6696/ for the current Valkyrie one, it will show a little red "Stats" link in the top menu. This will open a pop-up with the current number of participants and the percentage of players in each tier (be patient, it might take up to 30 seconds to load all the data). The percentages are cumulative, so e.g. the bronze percentage includes all players in bronze, silver and gold.

Let me know if you think it's useful, find bugs or have suggestions for additional features.
Welcome to GTPlanet! :cheers:

Does anyone have issues with the valkyrie cutting throttle in 4th or 5th gear on the back straight? Seems hud shows something up with right rear wheel. TCS at 0
That is wheelspin due to lack traction. You need to lift throttle slightly, and/or let go the overtake button, or keep it pinned and just wait it out.

Hi guys,

View attachment 1269855

View attachment 1269856

Welcome to :gtplanet::gtpflag:.

I'm away so have not tried your script, but applaud you on the concept.

I presume the result is produced relatively quickly because the script only has to find a few data points; first time, total participants, gold, silver and bronze times and participant count at each. Guess you'd still need the full results set do analysis like DR splits, etc?

If there is a way to automate some of the analysis I do in the weekly results, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

I wonder also if you'd be able to create a script for a driver's results across all TTs to date?

Guys......ladies and gentleman and aliens...

Today is the day.... I'm hyped, I'm happy and i am damn proud of myself pulling this of!

I finally killed the curse of the Hatch! The worst thing is that I had a pretty bad S2 and I lost a fair bit of time in the last corner but for me....irrelevant 🤣🤣 ......Hello 39 club 😁 🤣🤣.

For the people who think this came easy for me.....naaah... I fought for it for 2372 km that's 1474 miles ....
For me that is my day driving to my vacation location in the south of France and back 🤣

But this morning it was all worth it

@Dan_Tes sorry dude 🤣

1:39.906

20230702_083543.jpg

20230702_083659.jpg

Welcome to :gtplanet::gtpflag:.
Thanks a lot, this is a great community you're having here!
I presume the result is produced relatively quickly because the script only has to find a few data points; first time, total participants, gold, silver and bronze times and participant count at each. Guess you'd still need the full results set do analysis like DR splits, etc?
Right, so what it does is:

• fetch the first page to get the top time and the number of pages, calculate the times for bronze, silver and gold
  • fetch the last page to get the total participants
  • do a binary search for the pages containing the gold, silver and bronze times (i.e. if there are 1000 pages, start with 500, then 250 or 750 and so forth). For the 886 pages of the Valkyrie TT it currently takes 28 requests to find all relevant pages

What's a DR split?
If there is a way to automate some of the analysis I do in the weekly results, I'd be very interested to hear about it.
I don't know what your current process is, but there are certainly ways to automate parts, e.g. scraping the raw data for an event into a CSV file etc. Let me know how I can help you.

I wonder also if you'd be able to create a script for a driver's results across all TTs to date?
Technically yes, that should be possible, although not very efficiently. I did not yet see an API that returns the times for an individual player, which would mean the script cannot do the binary search and would have to sequentially fetch all pages of each event until it finds the player, so for a player that sits at 50% of the ranking, that would mean 500 requests for an event that has 1,000 pages (100,000 players). And there also seems to be an API rate limiter in place, so it might be that the script would have to be throttled.

Today is the day.... I'm hyped, I'm happy and i am damn proud of myself pulling this of!

I finally killed the curse of the Hatch! The worst thing is that I had a pretty bad S2 and I lost a fair bit of time in the last corner but for me....irrelevant 🤣🤣 ......Hello 39 club 😁 🤣🤣.

For the people who think this came easy for me.....naaah... I fought for it for 2372 km that's 1474 miles ....
For me that is my day driving to my vacation location in the south of France and back 🤣

@Dan_Tes sorry dude 🤣

View attachment 1269926

View attachment 1269925

👽

Thanks a lot, this is a great community you're having here!

Right, so what it does is:

• fetch the first page to get the top time and the number of pages, calculate the times for bronze, silver and gold
  • fetch the last page to get the total participants
  • do a binary search for the pages containing the gold, silver and bronze times (i.e. if there are 1000 pages, start with 500, then 250 or 750 and so forth). For the 886 pages of the Valkyrie TT it currently takes 28 requests to find all relevant pages

What's a DR split?

I don't know what your current process is, but there are certainly ways to automate parts, e.g. scraping the raw data for an event into a CSV file etc. Let me know how I can help you.

Technically yes, that should be possible, although not very efficiently. I did not yet see an API that returns the times for an individual player, which would mean the script cannot do the binary search and would have to sequentially fetch all pages of each event until it finds the player, so for a player that sits at 50% of the ranking, that would mean 500 requests for an event that has 1,000 pages (100,000 players). And there also seems to be an API rate limiter in place, so it might be that the script would have to be throttled.
Thanks for the reply.

By DR split I mean this sort of thing which I do as part of my results.
TT-DR Table.jpg

My current process is two-fold:
  • For the majority of stats (participants, # gold, silver and bronze, the summary comparison table - see results link above - etc. I just manually do that by finding the pages and entering the data into a Google Sheet, then much of it is just calculation for which I have templates.
  • I then also scrape the full results using Parsehub (although that gave me trouble last week for the first time, so I used OctoParse instead) and use that for things like determining the amount of drivers with gold in all TTs, the DR table above and making tables for drivers who want their results across all TTs (like this). I don't know how to code, but in researching how to scrape I saw lots of references to people using scripts to scrape, so that would be the one area where I'd be grateful for help. I use the free version of the scraping tools and they limit how much you can scrape, which means it takes me a fair while and with lots of intervention.

@Dan_Tes sorry dude 🤣

View attachment 1269926

View attachment 1269925

Oh my God !!!! You have become an alien !!!!!😱😱😱😱 We can help you get over it and become a normal person !!!! I mean like us !!!🤣🤣🤣
I wish you a good holiday in the South of France. Are you going to the Côte d'Azur or rather to the South-West? Because I live in the Basque Country (South-West) near Biarritz

Back