Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,704 comments
Thank you to @tmtk for helping out with organising the consent and interest for his leader board idea. Here is what it would look like, using the previous TT. Let me have your feedback and if you wish to be added to future leader boards, let me know.

I will publish the GTP leader board along with my weekly results posts.
Can you add me to this?
brcd44

Thank you to @tmtk for helping out with organising the consent and interest for his leader board idea. Here is what it would look like, using the previous TT. Let me have your feedback and if you wish to be added to future leader boards, let me know.

View attachment 1270500
You're the man! Love this.

I'm currently on holiday in southern Italy and I'd accept losing out on a gold streak due to lack of skill if that were to happen but not because of scheduling issues. Luckily there's a PS5 where I'm staying so naturally I brought my GT7 disc with me and did the Valkyrie TT here. On a new uncomfortable chair, drowning in sweat since it's quite warm down here (30+°C is relatively mild).

Amazing car but also one hell of a learning curve, one really needs patience and to take it real easy and clean. For some time I was fearing the 3,0% but eventually the feeling of how to properly control this car came to me. Of course it being on track limits bonanza city Red Bull Ring added to the frustration. A track I've always held in low regard. Racing here doesn't impress either.

This is me, three hours before I finally nailed a run I consider myself very pleased with. Just a bit of a shame about sector 2 on the best lap but oh well. 1:17.086 and 38th position last night when I set it and still as of writing this. Greetings and good luck to all. Respect to @djolliea and @Grimm6Jack for your 16 times, those are quite amazing, has to be said.

IMG_20230704_011534.jpg

189205275c176-screenshotUrl.jpg
18920e69c3818-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_011534.jpg
    IMG_20230704_011534.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 12
I'm very curious what everybody uses for the RBR, with or without TCS?
I still haven't figured it out :lol:
I’ve been using TC on 1. You still have to feather it to get it going, but the snap oversteer is much more manageable. Losing very little to no time to the record ghost on acceleration and it’s best to stay in the gear you’d be in if you were actually driving it (which helps me), as the early shifts cost you time with TC on. This is one of the few cars where the lowest setting almost acts like it would in the actual car.
Because of how fast this car is everywhere, even the slightest over brake will cost you FAR more time.
Best overall optimal so far is low 17’s, can definitely get at least a 17.0 if I can put together a full lap.
IMG_8768.jpeg

IMG_8767.jpeg

View attachment 1270500
This is great sir, thank you! My PSN is MattMarrod

Feel free to add me, I'd love to be part of this!

View attachment 1270500
Thank you very much, I couldn't imagine to be listed with these "aliens" (I swear, I'm 100% human!!!)

@half_sourly and @tmtk have we asked @seadog777 to be on the list? I know he is not the fastest man here but he is OP of this thread and I think deserve honorable place on the list/leaderboard, right?
Yes, we have. He didn't express his consent or profile link. I told him that he is the boss of this thread and that means he has to be in, but I didn't want to push too much.

Last edited:
I'm currently on holiday in southern Italy and I'd accept losing out on a gold streak due to lack of skill if that were to happen but not because of scheduling issues. Luckily there's a PS5 where I'm staying so naturally I brought my GT7 disc with me and did the Valkyrie TT here. On a new uncomfortable chair, drowning in sweat since it's quite warm down here (30+°C is relatively mild).
This is me, three hours before I finally nailed a run I consider myself very pleased with. Just a bit of a shame about sector 2 on the best lap but oh well. 1:17.086 and 38th position last night when I set it and still as of writing this.

View attachment 1270535
View attachment 1270537
There are a lot of people here who would call you an alien for that, based solely on your time and the fact it's with a controller.
But they would miss the clues that show the absolute dedication you put into this.
-3 hours, while on vacation!
-That chair
-The face/posture showing the sheer lack of joy with 100% concentration
-The DAILY marathon distance of 962 kms.....you did catch the part where he's on vacation right?

If you were home and on a wheel that would be a hell of a time, but in that situation that should feel like the WR!

Haven'rt tried with TCS. I may switch it on in the quest for 1:17, but I don't like it as it slows me down. I think the car handles well with decent throttle control.

While wheelspin is less of an issue for me, I'm having trouble finding the right line and could use more of the track. My lap times would also benefit from smoother braking and turning in.

@half_sourly thank you for taking the time. Unfortunately'I don't see myself on the list, albeit giving my consent. Maybe you could include me in the next update? :)
Sorry, I was messing about with ways to do this and missed you off. Will sort that out in the next version.

@half_sourly Please add me as well, PSN cipater78 ... I am uniquely positioned to make this board a bit more representative of the overall player base ;)
Could you give me a link to your GT7 page please?

Edit: ignore this. I didn't read to the end of thread before posting. Will add all who have supplied profile links.

Last edited:
@tmtk @half_sourly could I be added to the list please?

Not sure on the process used but if you need a hand scripting/automating anything let me know, spent more time than I'd like to admit scraping data for various work projects!

And if anyone wants my PSN to add it's amnesiactical will accept anyone and everyone!

I’ve been using TC on 1. You still have to feather it to get it going, but the snap oversteer is much more manageable. Losing very little to no time to the record ghost on acceleration and it’s best to stay in the gear you’d be in if you were actually driving it (which helps me), as the early shifts cost you time with TC on. This is one of the few cars where the lowest setting almost acts like it would in the actual car.
Because of how fast this car is everywhere, even the slightest over brake will cost you FAR more time.
Best overall optimal so far is low 17’s, can definitely get at least a 17.0 if I can put together a full lap.
View attachment 1270539
View attachment 1270540
I use TC at 1 for this TT. And normally I use TC at 0

Decent gains at the RBR today.

1.1 seconds over my time from yesterday and about 0.6 seconds to gold.

View attachment 1270335

My biggest issue I seem to have with the Valkyrie is the braking distance. I'm having to brake about 25-50 meters before the aliens to get a good line on the first three turns.
Wow, I gotta check the replays. Hopefully it is not a loadcell brake advantage. I rather hope it is something to do with their wheel settings that allows them to brake late and still get enough car rotation 🤔 I am still at an 1.18.3, I thought it was going to be safe damn it... Seems like a Road Atlanta X2019 TT phenomenon. I despise when those pesky aliens can get so much quicker from like day 2 or so...😮‍💨

View attachment 1270500
Middle of the pack, kinda what I expected 😄

Last edited:

View attachment 1270500
@half_sourly - sincerely appreciate your effort in pulling this together (and to @tmtk for getting everyone’s consent). As someone who struggles to find time just to run laps between work, family, sleep and other projects, taking the time out of those things to go to all this trouble is just amazing. You Sir, are a gentleman.

I’ll normally be found in the bottom half of that list though 😂

About 50 miles at the RBR today. After watching some more replays from the aliens to see what I can try to imitate, I've gotten a little better feel for the Valkyrie. Still having issues figuring out turn 2, but the others are starting to make some sense. Only 0.04 seconds outside Gold, good progress for a short stint.

189221a4cb166-screenshotUrl.jpg

189221a30b163-screenshotUrl.jpg

View attachment 1270500
Nicely done @half_sourly and @tmtk
Very happy to be a part of this and to play the role of a gatekeeper for all of you on this list.

If you’re looking to add a gatekeeper to your personal leaderboards, feel free to friend me.

View attachment 1270500
Well done!! That's awesome work.

Back