Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,704 comments
We all know this time will hold for the gold 🥇 right 😁
18922b1aa4434-screenshotUrl.jpg

For those struggling with braking distance, I think engine braking can help on the Valkyrie a lot, but it's hard to get right. Some cars seem to brake faster if you shift down slowly, but the Valkyrie likes quick shifts down using the revs to kill speed. However, if you shift down too quickly and the revs get too high it won't stop... I haven't found the right balance yet.

I'm very curious what everybody uses for the RBR, with or without TCS?
I still haven't figured it out :lol:
TCS 1
zjn
TCS 2, I'm on at because a mess up gears+warp button
At exits the turns in 2nd. Without tcs I will not survive
What he said.
In addition I use X for gas, so it's either full gas or no gas. No decent exit is possible in this car without TCS.
Even Super Formula at Autopolis was better in this regard, I managed silver without TCS.

Last edited:
With the Valkyrie, anyone noticing a drop in power in 4th gear when accelrating? happens to me often when accelerating after a corner, it loses a lot of speed every time.

With the Valkyrie, anyone noticing a drop in power in 4th gear when accelrating? happens to me often when accelerating after a corner, it loses a lot of speed every time.
Sounds like auto clutch issues. When the revs are too high, the clutch tends to slip. In GT7, this is very apparent in FF layouts, but also in some other cars. If you have the option to tune the car, adjustments to gearing and LSD might solve this. Without tuning, try to be more gentle with throttle apllication to minimize clutch slip or use a higher TCS setting if you use assists.

Last edited:
Thank you to @tmtk for helping out with organising the consent and interest for his leader board idea. Here is what it would look like, using the previous TT. Let me have your feedback and if you wish to be added to future leader boards, let me know.

I will publish the GTP leader board along with my weekly results posts.

View attachment 1270500
I have nothing to add but this is cool as heck. Well done, sir.

Wheel spin. Without traction control it will spin its wheels in 4th gear ... or even 5th gear. Actually it can spin its wheels in 4th with TC1 if you shift to 4th while wheel spinning in 3rd...just to a lesser degree.

Thank you to @tmtk for helping out with organising the consent and interest for his leader board idea. Here is what it would look like, using the previous TT. Let me have your feedback and if you wish to be added to future leader boards, let me know.

View attachment 1270500
Let me join!

View attachment 1270500
How did I miss this! That’s awesome!

Thanks for all the TCS replies, so the majority is on TCS, i did run a few laps this morning and hopped in the Valkyrie and gave the TCS button a good spin to 1.
Need to adapt to a complete different way of driving this rocket, it felt like i lost a ton of exit speed, but it doesn't actually :lol:
so when i didn't have to restart immidiately due to the penalty before the start........
my laps were getting kind of consistent but not as fast as i hoped so we can say one thing allready... this is not my strongest combo :lol::lol:

Did find 0.132 this morning :lol: @ 1:18.144

To be continued

@Dolph Drago ooh come oooonn!!!.......034??! , i was there to like this :lol:, you got this!, almost there!, no sleep tonight! and i will congratulate you in the morning :) :bowdown:

Last edited:
Found over three tenths around RBR this morning after 100 miles of clenched teeth and profanity amidst countless track limits violations.

Now sit on a 1:18.340 and back in gold territory; I really don’t feel like I can extract anymore from this car/track combo!

Last edited:
@half_sourly I'd love to be on the GTP leaderboard. Here's my profile. I've also added a few others, and please feel free to add me, my psn is slowdan01.

I do like the time trials but I don't spend nearly as much time on them as some! I did find myself with a bit of spare time this morning though, so I went to Brands in an attempt to get the gold I just missed out on at Watkins Glen.

Was only going to spend 30mins, but an optimal of 1:42.6 showed up, so I thought I should chase it. Took an hour in the end, but I managed to pull in a 1:41.8.

That's close enough to the optimal for me to be happy, and surely there can't be 2 tenths left in the top time with 22 hours to go. 🤞😁

SHARE_20230705_0924520.jpeg

New TT - BB raceway reverse, sports hards. The pic won't load so don't know the car yet.

"Nitrous: Unrestricted" - like the Valkyrie. Can't think off the top of my head which cars have boost/nitro - Toyota FT1?

Terribly complicated track, so many corners to remember. Will be a tough gold.

OIP.jpg

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Last edited:
New TT - BB raceway reverse, sports hards. The pic won't load so don't know the car yet.
Also, nitrous. Just when the TT's were starting to be fun again. Lol.
So likely something with at least 500 hp and rear wheel drive as well. Other than the fancy Hyundai, they don't tend to give us sports tires on slow cars.
Maybe a classic muscle car just to really be trolls about it.

Last edited:
"Nitrous: Unrestricted" - like the Valkyrie. Can't think off the top of my head which cars have boost/nitro - Toyota FT1?

View attachment 1270771
Despicable Me Lol GIF
Where's my TT at Northern Isle, Kazunori-Senpai ? :mad::lol:

View attachment 1270771
Despicable Me Lol GIF
That middle turn is where you can lose/gain time, at least for me. 😀 Nitrous again?! I think I have to assign that button to triangle and use tape to hold it down. 😂

Last edited:
Improved by 2/10. after a long 1.5 hour session of 355 km, but still not into the 17's. Switched TCS to 1 after about a 100 km after I could only get 4/10 behind my PB with TCS to 0, so I thought why not give it a try? After getting used to getting on the throttle earlier the times improved slightly, but after taking a break at 250 km my flow for sector 1 was completely gone and I regularly lost half a second in turn 2. Seeing an opt in the 17's for the first time gives me confidence though, so I'll keep pushing.

Edit: instead of retrying on empty DRS I kept going to refill it on cool down laps. A bit annoying and time consuming, but a good way to get comfortable with the track and car.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230705141631.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230705141643.jpg

Last edited:
Improved by 2/10. after a long 1.5 hour session of 355 km, but still not into the 17's. Switched TCS to 1 after about a 100 km after I could only get 4/10 behind my PB with TCS to 0, so I thought why not give it a try? After getting used to getting on the throttle earlier the times improved slightly, but after taking a break at 250 km my flow for sector 1 was completely gone and I regularly lost half a second in turn 2. Seeing an opt in the 17's for the first time gives me confidence though, so I'll keep pushing.

Edit: instead of retrying on empty DRS I kept going to refill it on cool down laps. A bit annoying and time consuming, but a good way to get comfortable with the track and car.

View attachment 1270785View attachment 1270786
How do you do 62 laps back to back? By the 4th or 5th lap I would be running out of boost....do you do a recharge lap every 5 laps or so?

How do you do 62 laps back to back? By the 4th or 5th lap I would be running out of boost....do you do a recharge lap every 5 laps or so?
2-3 laps recharge after every 3 on boost. In the later runs I stopped using boost right after f'n up early in the lap, so I wouldn't run out at all. Doing this results in many slow laps and not using restart directly after making a mistake consumes time, but I wanted to keep my flow and delta ;)

Latest Posts

Back