Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,712 comments
We had a WRS TT in the Tundra around this track, the whole track was flat out except the last corner, so unless this car has some chronic understeer I'm not expecting anything different
Seems it's indeed closer to your thoughts if i look at the live streams :lol: no nitro? and no understeer :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Each thousandth achieved is important when fighting to stay in the Top 200. I got 12 more of them today. :lol:

GT7GO.png

Last edited:
zjn
Minor comment, to kind of keep this leaderboard connected with the whole worldwide GT population: what about inserting in the ordered list also some "dummy" row with maybe the time of the driver placed at 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, 20,% 30% spots of the overall leaderboard
I'll work on that.
So,I don't see my name on the gtp leader board....
Whoops. Fixed.

Here are some statistics for TT32 at Brands Hatch GP in the Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22.

Firstly, a huge thank you to @crome who developed script for me to scrape the final results. It has made my life hugely easier. :cheers:

Highlights:
  • This was another somewhat easy TT, with 16.8% of drivers getting gold and only 9.3% getting no reward.
  • Participation was good again at over 128k.

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

• I'll remove this section from now on, given my results are in the GTP leader board.

Interim position for the Red Bull Ring TT33:
View attachment 1270921
Although BH wasn't my strongest and I couldn't get myself to push more, it honors me to be somewhat right in the middle of the GTP board :)
Crazy fast times in there. Hat's off to everyone pushing their limit and thanks to everyone involved compiling this data <3

Here are some statistics for TT32 at Brands Hatch GP in the Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22.

Firstly, a huge thank you to @crome who developed script for me to scrape the final results. It has made my life hugely easier. :cheers:

Highlights:
  • This was another somewhat easy TT, with 16.8% of drivers getting gold and only 9.3% getting no reward.

• I'll remove this section from now on, given my results are in the GTP leader board.

View attachment 1270921
So on the bright side, it can only go upwards for me from here (sorry @OldandSlow ;) )

Even though you just turn right and brake once, I've done a guide all the same!

Welcome on Earth, alien friend!
Your videos are welcome, your comments are welcome but NOT YOUR SCORES !! :lol:

I feel so dumb compare to drivers like you but in the same time, I have much respect and I'm so grateful for your time to share your videos and your tips for helping humans :)

@half_sourly thank you very much for your work! I really appreciate it. I also see that we got now country and I am happy to see that I am actually second in my country on this leaderboard 😊

I have a question for half time numbers. Some of us will reach safe gold by the half time and some will say I am good with it while some others will continue to chase milliseconds.

I know you are doing a lot for free, PD should hire you for sure, so I restrict myself asking you to do even more, so I will just write my thought here. Imagine if you can make a staple diagram for half time, where you have numbers every 0.100 of s second, and amount of players in that range. Example 1:30:0** = 10 people, 1:30:1** = 50 people, 1:30:2** 100 people, 1:30:3** = 300 people and so on only for gold range, not all participants. My thought here is, when I am on 1:31:3** and I am P 3000 but if I can see on half time statistics that if I go to 1:31:2** I can be under P 1000 I would definitely chase those milliseconds more than today.

So let's ask people on forum, please, who wants to see this half time statistics, press thinking 🤔 smiley and who don't think it's worth bothering press sad 😢 reaction button.

Thanks!

@half_sourly thank you very much for your work! I really appreciate it. I also see that we got now country and I am happy to see that I am actually second in my country on this leaderboard 😊

I have a question for half time numbers. Some of us will reach safe gold by the half time and some will say I am good with it while some others will continue to chase milliseconds.

I know you are doing a lot for free, PD should hire you for sure, so I restrict myself asking you to do even more, so I will just write my thought here. Imagine if you can make a staple diagram for half time, where you have numbers every 0.100 of s second, and amount of players in that range. Example 1:30:0** = 10 people, 1:30:1** = 50 people, 1:30:2** 100 people, 1:30:3** = 300 people and so on only for gold range, not all participants. My thought here is, when I am on 1:31:3** and I am P 3000 but if I can see on half time statistics that if I go to 1:31:2** I can be under P 1000 I would definitely chase those milliseconds more than today.

So let's ask people on forum, please, who wants to see this half time statistics, press thinking 🤔 smiley and who don't think it's worth bothering press sad 😢 reaction button.

Thanks!
😥

Start to lap on the new TT with the Amuse Nismo. Got a strong silver for now with 0:33.020 and I think gold should be doable for me after watching and learning on @Tidgney 's videos and comments ^^ Need to gain 0.200 for a secured yellow medal.

This new TT is much more fun than the Red Bull Racing. I've accepted to get only bronze with the Valkyrie.

5 laps this morning before work and managed a 32.690 which currently is sub top 500 but still 2.30+ from the top time(s)

I'm not sure how much the aliens will find below the current top.

There just isn't that many places to gain time especially as it's pretty straight forward to consistently hit the max or near max apex speeds. This coupled with there being only one real place input reactions make a difference. 🤔

zjn
Minor comment, to kind of keep this leaderboard connected with the whole worldwide GT population: what about inserting in the ordered list also some "dummy" row with maybe the time of the driver placed at 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, 20,% 30% spots of the overall leaderboard
Something like this? The places for the 1%, 3% etc. will be approximate, especially for the bigger percentages, as not each exact time will have been achieved, or for the lower percentages, the same time will have been achieved by multiple drivers, but this gives you an idea anyway of where those % intervals lie. I've not included 30% as there we're either off the scale of in the realms of those handful of people at the very bottom who apparently park up halfway through a lap and then go out for a beer.

GTP LB.jpg

Something like this? The places for the 1%, 3% etc. will be approximate, especially for the bigger percentages, as not each exact time will have been achieved, or for the lower percentages, the same time will have been achieved by multiple drivers, but this gives you an idea anyway of where those % intervals lie. I've not included 30% as there we're either off the scale of in the realms of those handful of people at the very bottom who apparently park up halfway through a lap and then go out for a beer.

View attachment 1270934
I think he was referring to driver placement, not time gap, although both can of course more or less directly be derived from the Percentile / Gap to #1 columns

The new TT may seem easy but it is not when it comes to gold! The delta between gold and fastest lap is usually around 2 seconds or even more for most of the time trials that I've seen till now however, the difference between gold time and fastest lap time here is under 1 second! This means that there is very less room for error. I think I've reached my peak at 32:427 using my ds4 and it's probably the first time that i feel the lack of a steering wheel. Will be interesting to see how low the fastest lap time goes.

PS- Brands Hatch was an easy gold but i just cannot improve over my 1:18:392 in the Valkyrie. Hope that the time holds up till next week:nervous:

Attachments

• 1892aa7f62372-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432291242636073_16886376665...jpg
    1892aa7f62372-cd311e42ddac4c5aa2461f1e845a98bfbe2bebf6-265_message_432291242636073_16886376665...jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

View attachment 1270934
For BrandsHatch my personal results are exacly 1:43.514 and I see myself 45181 in the GT7 Leaderboard as you write, which is 35,17% position (45181 out of 128463).
I think the rows you inserted speaks about times while I was commenting about the position.

Having said that, it was just a comment, so feel free to handle it as you prefer. The effort you are putting in this and the kindness of your replyes are of great value as much as the result that you give back to us

Highlights:

View attachment 1270921
You are welcome to add me to future leaderboards.

View attachment 1270934
Not my best effort (had a 41.0 on #2 account) but also not my favorite combo so anything in gold was good enough!
The new TT may seem easy but it is not when it comes to gold! The delta between gold and fastest lap is usually around 2 seconds or even more for most of the time trials that I've seen till now however, the difference between gold time and fastest lap time here is under 1 second! This means that there is very less room for error. I think I've reached my peak at 32:427 using my ds4 and it's probably the first time that i feel the lack of a steering wheel. Will be interesting to see how low the fastest lap time goes.

PS- Brands Hatch was an easy gold but i just cannot improve over my 1:18:392 in the Valkyrie. Hope that the time holds up till next week:nervous:
Agreed. I think this could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. A look at the track and it seems easy enough, until you realize how close you have to be to the P1 time in the world. Looking forward to giving this one a fair shake.

Huge respect @half_sourly for the stats. All that must take some time to scrape together. Nice to see so many names on the new GTP leaderboard.

Also super stoked about making it to the top 10 (P8) in the world at Brands Hatch. This is my best result ever and 4th time in the top 50. Six months ago I was very happy if I made it to the top 500 (which is still great, don't get me wrong) so it's nice to notice some improvement.

Off to the next one. Good luck everyone and have a nice day!

Last edited:
Agreed. I think this could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. A look at the track and it seems easy enough, until you realize how close you have to be to the P1 time in the world. Looking forward to giving this one a fair shake.
Once you adjust to the car and the lines it's not that difficult in relative terms.

3% is three percent, it's just the gap is more likes hundredths rather than seconds that build up over a 1:40+ lap.

Latest Posts

Back