Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,715 comments
Sounds like auto clutch issues. When the revs are too high, the clutch tends to slip. In GT7, this is very apparent in FF layouts, but also in some other cars. If you have the option to tune the car, adjustments to gearing and LSD might solve this. Without tuning, try to be more gentle with throttle apllication to minimize clutch slip or use a higher TCS setting if you use assists.

Wheel spin. Without traction control it will spin its wheels in 4th gear ... or even 5th gear. Actually it can spin its wheels in 4th with TC1 if you shift to 4th while wheel spinning in 3rd...just to a lesser degree.
Thank you , with TC1 gained more than 1 second. Only 3 tenths shy of gold now.

Ok I discovered there is overtake after reading some posts here😅 Finally gold at 1.18.299.

Last edited:
The Broad Bean Raceway challenge is a tough one to gold. I think I am safely into silver and wouldn't be able to gold this one. I usually run AT but for this one, I had to switch to manual because in AT, it shifts into 5th gear at one point, and you don't want that.

To extract extra one tenth, I had to lean my body towards right while sitting on the couch and give my controller extra leaning (I don't use motion steering).

Damn it

IMG_3650.jpeg

I just want silver so I can move on and never drive the hideous thing ever again.

First go at BB, solid Gold right now. This one could be a fun way time to kill time. I probably had set a gold lap in the first 10 laps, but just kept going. Before I knew it, I was 40 laps in.

I might actually stick around with this instead of moving on once I find a gold lap.

1892c66a3db99-screenshotUrl.jpg

1892c676a3e22-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'll have to load the fastest ghost next time to see where I might find some tenths. Today was just a test and only had the PB ghost running.

I think BB is tougher than people give it credit for. Or, I'm just pathetic. I've done a few laps now and I'm only at 4.6% currently. I think I'm losing too much speed in that last, tighter, turn.
It is not as easy as it looks....but it is also not one that is incredibly tough either. You just have to get the line right and be brave and not lift (or lift just enough)...which can be done after enough laps with the car.

Last edited:
Better showing at BB, dipped into the 32s

IMG_3652.jpeg

Car understeers more than I was expecting. Hard to be precise on the pad. Thanks to @Tidgney for the tip in his video about the high line in corner 1. Optimal is gold.

Quite addictive this one - feels like a gold lap is right there for the taking, just one more go-around.

Last edited:
Having less time to play in this period, so I logged in a couple of hours today and I tryed both TTs.

BB Raceway one is a quite fun little experience, managed 32.589 and I think I have still something to squeeze in if necessary.

Valkyrie is a totally different beast though, with automatic i'm struggling hard. With TC0 I'm very slow and it's like driving on eggs. With TC1 I'm just a bit less slow, but still I cannot accelerate decently.
I did 1:19.743 and I will be happy just to remain in silver position :P

Last edited:
View attachment 1271050View attachment 1271051

One of my best TT so far. A bit more should be in. 1:16 i smell you 🙂
At least we now know what Kevin de Bruyne does when it's off season...

My previous time of 9.97% was a bit tight, so I improved it a bit tonight...

IMG_20230706_201658.jpg

:lol: :lmao:

After that I upped the TC one setting (as I have to do with all the fast road cars) and got a bit safer, so I'm done now with the Valkyrie:
IMG_20230706_202033.jpg

Thanks to @Blayney for the tip in his video about the high line in corner 1. Optimal is gold.
Interesting. Can you please post a video? Curious to see what line you take at the exit. And whether you shift into 5th gear during the high T1.

Edit: Never mind. Just realized Tidgney takes the same line. Tried it. Helped massively. Just got an unsafe gold. :D

Last edited:
Interesting. Can you please post a video? Curious to see what line you take at the exit. And whether you shift into 5th gear during the high T1.

Edit: Never mind. Just realized Tidgney takes the same line. Until now, I had only watched Mistah MCA's video. :)
I meant Tidgney. Brain stopped working there. Must’ve been dizzy from leaning round the Bean so much.

Hmmm....kinda interesting that people are struggling with traction with the Valkyrie at TC1. I don't seem to have much problem meshing the throttle whenever the steering is remotely pointing straight...and I usually hit the boost button at the same time too 😆

In that case, here it is for TT33 at Red Bull Ring as of a few minutes ago.

View attachment 1270970
Ouch!! This hurts to see!!! Those 3-super-duper-aliens at the top (and they get the super-duper moniker due to that 3/10th gap to #4) are the reason I don't have GOLD! 1:16.578 * 1.03 = 1:18.875 ughhhhhh

Put in 250-miles today and only got within 0.097 of my PB but no improvement. I'm oh-so-close too being 0.055-seconds off the mark at the moment. Compared my sector times to Kei and MistahMC and S1 is where I need to find that time (re-watched the guides to see if I'm missing something and going to try to get further left on T1.

Actually! Give me your pointers on where I am messing up and let's see if I get an epiphany so I can secure this gold!

Compared to Kei and MistahMC
Sec 1Sec 2Sec 3
Kei+0.422+0.522+0.456
MistahMC+0.340+0.518+0.280

Last edited:
A very nice first night run for the Broad Bean Raceway TT. After 20 min did a 32.47x lap, but knew I had more in me so kept going another 20-25 min. While I think I could just about break 32.3 on this TT, still a solid lap of 32.326.

I felt like maybe tiny tiny bit lost at last corner and some on penultimate corner. But we're talking about like 0.030-0.040 sec at best. The key was keeping the momentum going and also I went with 2 more clicks of controller sensitivity (from 1 to 3) which also helped. I guess good next goal would be to beat Tidgney's video guide lap of 32.291, which I have never done before lol 😄. That would be in the region I think I could get to 🤔

Below a clip also of how I did my best lap.

Attachments

• IMG_20230706_235926617_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230706_235926617_HDR.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ah :D

These numbers are cumulative (in the sense of "at least silver, at least bronze"). But I agree that this is can be somewhat misleading. Maybe I can make that more obvious in the future
Just thinking about it, does the total number of players matter?

You are either in a bucket/cohort or not.

Also the total number of participants skews the volume stat a little bit.

Just an assumption but the earlier the time set and the more goes being improved at it is an indicator of stickiness of a given event. The bulk numbers don't have a lot of relevance other than vanity?

The TTs are an acquired taste to persevere at and we are somewhat of a bubble?

Ouch!! This hurts to see!!! Those 3-super-duper-aliens at the top (and they get the super-duper moniker due to that 3/10th gap to #4) are the reason I don't have GOLD! 1:16.578 * 1.03 = 1:18.875 ughhhhhh

Put in 250-miles today and only got within 0.097 of my PB but no improvement. I'm oh-so-close too being 0.055-seconds off the mark at the moment. Compared my sector times to Kei and MistahMC and S1 is where I need to find that time (re-watched the guides to see if I'm missing something and going to try to get further left on T1.

Actually! Give me your pointers on where I am messing up and let's see if I get an epiphany so I can secure this gold!

Sec 1Sec 2Sec 3
Kei+0.422+0.522+0.456

At work so only watched through once, but couple of things I noticed...
  1. Turn 1, keep it in third on turn in and then up to fourth on exit and onto the jungle juice button earlier
  2. Turn 2 (the sharp right at the top of the hill), spent too long in 3rd gear. Get up to 4th and on the jungle juice
  3. Turn 3 (hairpin at the bottom of the hill) same as turn 2
  4. Last two turns it looked like you had a car width on the exit of each to play with, plus you had more track width available on the entry to the penultimate turn
I'm a long way from being at the sharp end on this one, so take my thoughts with a pinch of salt. Others will likely provide better and more constructive feedback. Good luck!

1. Turn 1, keep it in third on turn in and then up to fourth on exit and onto the jungle juice button earlier
  2. Turn 2 (the sharp right at the top of the hill), spent too long in 3rd gear. Get up to 4th and on the jungle juice
  4. Last two turns it looked like you had a car width on the exit of each to play with, plus you had more track width available on the entry to the penultimate turn
I'm a long way from being at the sharp end on this one, so take my thoughts with a pinch of salt. Others will likely provide better and more constructive feedback. Good luck!
I'm gonna take my silver pill on this one. Listen to the advice. Hyper cars and these weird super hyper cars don't work for me. I just don't enjoy the challenge this way. Everyone is different and most like this stuff but not me.

Edit:

From the video, you are over driving/pushing in the mid section.

Before the last two turns you are coming out very deep, you should be accelerating out of that corner and kissing the curbs on the outside.

I think it's turn 8 and 9 which are tricky but it's the exit to 10 and 11. The infield section exit is the best way to describe it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Mr. Fandango! I really appreciate the feedback

I've tried using 4th on T1 but even though I don't get wheel-spin, I never seem to be close to my PB ghost - same with T3... but maybe I'm being too gradual on acceleration when I do.

I did give about 15-20 attempts/laps with TC0 and I had two takeaways - 4th is quicker with TC0 than TC1 and 2: This thread made me use TC0 and that's how I keep it, but while I know I can theoretically throw down a faster lap, all it takes is the tail going out and the lap is lost. I ended up going back to TC1 and my laps became more consistent... consistently 1:18.8xx lol like 6-laps and only one 1:18.73x

And those last two turns are the ultimate wildcard for me where I'll hit them smooth and have amazing corner exit speed and then next two laps its either penalty or overbraking - like the damn double chicanes on Sarthe! It's like my (non-existent) golf game where I'll slice one horribly out of play and then manage to hook it next swing lol.

Goodness. I posted only 21 hours ago and this thread has moved another 3+ pages!

That looks like something might have got broken after. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!
.001 ?? :lol:, did you throw the Playstation out of the window?..., i think i would :lol:
i found it very frustrating to because you know there are multiple corners to realy gain speed but so many different elements to nail all at once, did develop some real love for the Hatch tho, that's not going to work for the BB speedway reverse i think :lol:
Still a insane time Dolph!!,
Nothing broke (*this time). :lol: Though I was frustrated at the moment, I wanted to keep going. No time to throw anything. :lol: I had multiple laps after that fast one where I was ahead later in the lap. One lap I was a full tenth of a second up and threw it away at Sheene's, a corner that I HAD been nailing lap after lap. Had I even just been average through there, I would have easily topped my best. Dropped time at Stirling's a few laps, and had crappy exits at Clark Curve on at least 3 occasions where I would have grabbed that coveted sub 40 otherwise. Even though I am using a DS4, my arms, shoulder and neck still hurt. And it was well past dinner when I finally stopped. I was only losing time there at the end from fatigue and loss of focus. Like multiple tenths down after sector 2. Deflating that I couldn't reach my goal. :(

*I may have put the tiniest of chips in my controller last week...I have a nice soft spot I chuck my controller when I'm seriously peeved at stupid mistakes I make. Well, my aim was slightly off on one throw, and it barely nipped the TV stand. I didn't even notice the damage at first. :embarrassed:

Sec 1Sec 2Sec 3
Kei+0.422+0.522+0.456

I think you can make quit a bit of time at the 2nd left in the infield and the 2nd last corner. Both corners I feel you can power out a lot earlier in 4th gear.... especially the 2nd infield left...you can apply the happy zoom zoom button a lot earlier than you think especially with TC1.

Back