Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,052 comments
Isn't the quick race thing sophy, or am I mistaken? The new quick race at the far left of all the events added with the update, I mean.

My apologies if not. It was still a super fun race particularly with that car šŸ»
You do realize Sophy is only available on 9 tracks, right? To be more precise:
  • Grand Valley
  • Laguna Seca
  • Road Atlanta
  • Deep Forest
  • Le Mans
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Spa Francorchamps
  • Suzuka
  • Tsukuba
They are also clearly marked. I'm assuming you're on PS4. Sophy is PS5 only. :scared:

Last edited:
You do realize Sophy is only available on 9 tracks, right? To be more precise:
  • Grand Valley
  • Laguna Seca
  • Road Atlanta
  • Deep Forest
  • Le Mans
  • Red Bull Ring
  • Spa Francorchamps
  • Suzuka
  • Tsukuba
They are also clearly marked. I'm assuming you're on PS4. Sophy is PS5 only. :scared:
Yeah I am mistaken. I'm on ps5. My apologies. Point was that the GT3 is a sweet car.

Who do I have to speak to about getting this one closed early?

IMG_3697.jpeg

Whoooo, got that .858 down to a .413 at first and then eventually after almost a little too long, a .234. Improved my best ever result, albeit only with one position (compared to the Maserati MC20 at Bathurst). 24th in the world and also 1st in Sweden for the first time in 56 TTs!

There was a little more but I couldn't quite string everything together as well as I would've liked. Threw away a few incredibly great laps in the final complex of turns in sector three.

On this lap T1 was at most okay but not more than that, however T2 was properly nailed and I got tons of speed with me and could work with the lap despite sector one split "only" being a 20.140. Somehow made it through T3 quickly and getting the exit done nicely, throwing the power down to carry all that speed with me. 37.201 at split two which isn't bad at all (but had 151, 146 twice and even 120 on one run).

The next right into that "sunken" tunnel honestly looks rather unbalanced and odd because I turn in too early but somehow keep it going. The following right and those quick zig zags, just all in and hope for the best, setting 57.046 (had 56.95X on one invalidated run in the following left).

That left after the final tunnel is also kinda meh, could never quite get that corner properly correct, only on a dead lap by luck. Anyway, it's alright and we keep going. Then the final left before the finish line is pretty much perfect. I'm practically on the inside kerb (check a shared photo on my in-game profile) and make it through with the time still intact and valid. Almost shocked it's actually valid I cross the line and exhale.

18bd599f6f340-screenshotUrl.png

@djolliea How you can set a time like that on a track like this, in this car, in VR is absolute insanity. I bow down.

Off to an OK start.....in there with a 1:47.528. I'm pretty confident there's more time to be shaved (as I'm sure I'll need to as the times drop), but gold for now. Echoing what several others have said, this is actually a pretty fun one and the Porsche is a treat to drive. Lots of grip and just a little understeery accelerating off the corner but otherwise very nicely balanced.

EDIT: chopped 1.2 off that down to a nice and safe (I think) 1:46.304. šŸ‘

IMG_2510.jpg

Last edited:
Whoooo, got that .858 down to a .413 at first and then eventually after almost a little too long, a .234. Improved my best ever result, albeit only with one position (compared to the Maserati MC20 at Bathurst). 24th in the world and also 1st in Sweden for the first time in 56 TTs!

There was a little more but I couldn't quite string everything together as well as I would've liked. Threw away a few incredibly great laps in the final complex of turns in sector three.

On this lap T1 was at most okay but not more than that, however T2 was properly nailed and I got tons of speed with me and could work with the lap despite sector one split "only" being a 20.140. Somehow made it through T3 quickly and getting the exit done nicely, throwing the power down to carry all that speed with me. 37.201 at split two which isn't bad at all (but had 151, 146 twice and even 120 on one run).

The next right into that "sunken" tunnel honestly looks rather unbalanced and odd because I turn in too early but somehow keep it going. The following right and those quick zig zags, just all in and hope for the best, setting 57.046 (had 56.95X on one invalidated run in the following left).

That left after the final tunnel is also kinda meh, could never quite get that corner properly correct, only on a dead lap by luck. Anyway, it's alright and we keep going. Then the final left before the finish line is pretty much perfect. I'm practically on the inside kerb (check a shared photo on my in-game profile) and make it through with the time still intact and valid. Almost shocked it's actually valid I cross the line and exhale.

View attachment 1303973

@djolliea How you can set a time like that on a track like this, in this car, in VR is absolute insanity. I bow down.

Brutal lap.
Never got to a point where I asked too much of the tyres and figured keeping it tight and smooth is the way to go, but seeing your lap in full send shows otherwise. Tying a lap like this together, let alone continuously pushing at this level is quite the feat. That entry into the 2nd tunnel must've indeed been quite the heartstopper.

So I tried 992 for the first time and already in silver zone, 1:48.666!
This car is so nice to drive, it is asking for lap more...

Here it is:

BTW: I found solution how to get screenshot, I had two solutions, - it must be sent in message, then it can be downloaded to smartphone.
Yesterday I tried with my activities and didn't work, now this is working.

18bd9658ee393-0f50675BDF8B8E71FB5.09F7C94395775435_message_435240553389328_1700158411677.jpg

Last edited:
I think this will be a good test for remote play on the portal - nice car & not too evil a track. Let's see if I can get a safe silver.
A pity the thing doesn't do motion steering, it's about the size of a wheel.

View attachment 1303960
Hmm, not quite a safe silver.

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

Had to switch to auto. So used to shifting with the Edge back buttons, felt odd doing it with L1/R1. Room for improvements.

Also, it does do motion steering after all. Itā€™s like the Mario Kart joycon wheel!

Tried Lake Louise with the Yaris, I suck on ice (and rally), 3 seconds below bronze time...

Tried Daytona, went into bronze quite easily with the Porsche. Nice combo, I can improve by a good margin with some practice (stopped playing since june) and with a good lap guide. @Mistah_MCA will you have time to do a lap guide ? I know you've had a new job and less time so no pressure, just curious.

Had a quick go at Daytona, I'm just a couple of tenths off gold that I'm sure I'll find when I have some time to figure out turn 1 properly.

I have to concur with the consensus the 992 is one of the best cars in the game to drive, it's an awesome addition to the roster. Good to see a high-end road car be nice for once, especially after having to deal with the Viper and MC20 TTs.

Here are some statistics for TT54 at Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise in the Nismo 400R '95.

View attachment 1303949 View attachment 1303954

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs remained at 106.

Interim Results for TT55 at Lake Louise in the Toyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance" '20.

View attachment 1303961View attachment 1303965

Here are your individual stats to date. And thank you very much for the virtual coffee! ā˜• :cheers:

Damn, didn't expect to be ranked 20th in my country. Probably my best TT yet.

Last edited:
Anybody using a Logitech wheel found a way to not get hand-cramps from pushing the DRS-Button all the time? šŸ˜­
Which wheel?

I have a Pro G and mapped it to L2/R2. Feels like something out of The Fast and Furious :lol:
Sometimes it is hard to use on a turn.

Back