Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,005 comments
Which wheel?

I have a Pro G and mapped it to L2/R2. Feels like something out of The Fast and Furious :lol:
Sometimes it is hard to use on a turn.
G923. Those buttons are actually pretty different position wise.

I have tried circle so far which is the only one I can reach while still being able to shift. But after 3-4 laps my hand just starts to cramp up.

Maybe I need a thumb extension or something. 🤔😅

45.928, will have to do for now. Annoyed because I messed up T1 and hit the limiter on the oval (why oh why is the limiter at a lower RPM than the redline?). Will go back. Love this track. This TT needs to be a Daily C, like immediately.

Which wheel?

I have a Pro G and mapped it to L2/R2. Feels like something out of The Fast and Furious :lol:
Sometimes it is hard to use on a turn.
Why you trying to use DRS in turns?

Last edited:
First meters in the GT3 RS, I love how light it feels and how good it is on rotation, sound good, especially when you shift to late and yank it to the limiter 🤣🤣

I'm less fan of the unpredictable behaviour under heavy breaking, if you are not paying attention you'll get F40 vibes 🤣

And I'm fully cramped up on dualsens pressing the X for DRS, that's just hideous, they should turn it of for TT's if you ask me.

But....I like the combo, it's fast, tricky and beautiful! first stint done

18bda34a6a561-screenshotUrl.jpg

18bda34e37861-screenshotUrl.jpg

And I'm fully cramped up on dualsens pressing the X for DRS, that's just hideous, they should turn it of for TT's if you ask me.
I agree, they should turn it off. It adds nothing (except pain), because every time a car has it, the fastest way has always been: “just keep it pressed all the time”

Or at least make it an option to use it as a toggle instead of press and hold.

Meanwhile. I’ve gotten my time down into the low 46’s.
1:45.x is definitely possible I “just” need to nail T1 and the chicane. 😅

IMG_7251.jpeg

Had a very quick 40 mile session on Daytona. Down to a 1:45.690. I'm off on a work trip to Japan for 2 weeks tomorrow so had to get a decent gold lap in quickly!

I'm hoping this upload works... accidentally turned PS5 off about 6 seconds before it finished and had to turn it back on.

Had a very quick 40 mile session on Daytona. Down to a 1:45.690. I'm off on a work trip to Japan for 2 weeks tomorrow so had to get a decent gold lap in quickly!

I'm hoping this upload works... accidentally turned PS5 off about 6 seconds before it finished and had to turn it back on.

Well, I don't if you left yet but good luck with your trip. I am hoping to get at least silver here. I tell you that very first sharp corner is a killer, because half the time I hit it and fail, other times I brake early to pass it but lose time, so it's an ordeal. The part after the bus stop can be a pain too, cause one wrong move offtrack can lead to the lap being void.

There are a lot of tricky turns and corners/hairpins that have to be navigated carefully here. So this will not be a sprint. More like a small marathon for gold.

I agree, they should turn it off. It adds nothing (except pain), because every time a car has it, the fastest way has always been: “just keep it pressed all the time”

Or at least make it an option to use it as a toggle instead of press and hold.

Meanwhile. I’ve gotten my time down into the low 46’s.
1:45.x is definitely possible I “just” need to nail T1 and the chicane. 😅

View attachment 1304090
Maybe it's just placebo, but I found that keeping DRS engaged through some of the turns in this TT is actually slower because the rear slides more easily.

I can definitely say that I am engaging and disengaging at key moments in my fastest laps.

New time trial is a fun one. Barely got into the current silver time during my first five laps but I already know where I'm losing time. I should probably be able to stay within silver as the record time grows faster. Not sure I'm good enough for gold, though.
Well, just have faith and use whatever skills and knowledge you have, that's what I have to do in order to beat the aliens at their own game.

So,i didn't know about DRS on my first go at Daytona,duh!!:dunce:
Same here, my friend! :lol: In my first session, the best I ran was a 1:46.403. THEN I noticed the DRS icon flashing below. Oops! I hopped off the track, mapped the DRS and gave it another go. My first lap was invalidated, but I still managed to beat my non-DRS lap by two tenths. After some proper laps getting used to having to push another button (:irked:), I found myself in the 1:45's, even with mistakes. I don't see another second coming off my time, but I reckon a low 45 is possible.
IMG_2620.jpg

Maybe it's just placebo, but I found that keeping DRS engaged through some of the turns in this TT is actually slower because the rear slides more easily.

I can definitely say that I am engaging and disengaging at key moments in my fastest laps.
Interesting, I had the impression that this one was especially picky about things like steering angle before the DRS is even allowed to be activated, but that might also be very subjective.

I also do engage and disengage though, but mainly to rest my thumb.

@Evilmuffin ....

I know..... i got the same feeling this morning.... :lol: :lol:
Man i was frustrated, never have i seen somany cape Canaveral launches through my sidewindow due to spinning out on T1
What a b#tch this is.....then after a gazillion tries i thought i was there......., waiting to cross the line...... flickering DRS with a sore thumb by pressing X....... 1:46.000 :grumpy: :lol:

18bdc36c87b12-screenshotUrl.jpg

I had somuch trouble with T1 it wasn't even funny anymore, and after 1,5 stint..... about 1,5 hours in total opver 2 sessions....
i suddenly realised i had switched off my ABS for the lake Louise :grumpy::irked::irked::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:..
Back to default and second lap i clocked a 45.9 :D, now T1 is nice to me again :lol:

18bdc30af2520-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Should this hold? :lol::lol:

Why you trying to use DRS in turns?
DRS/Hybrid boost/Nitrous is all mapped to the same button for me (everyone?). I was specifically referencing the boost, like when we had the Valkyrie TT a while back where some people were clipping a button down to keep it engaged.

DRS in a turn doesn't make much technical sense, admittedly. But I haven't watched the WR replays at Daytona to see where they're implementing it.

To the DS4 users, which button have you allocated to the DRS?

I've put it on L1 as it's the most comfortable one. Using the left side one as it's easier to crisscross with steering on the right side. It's nice to use DRS as much as possible though.

DRS/Hybrid boost/Nitrous is all mapped to the same button for me (everyone?). I was specifically referencing the boost, like when we had the Valkyrie TT a while back where some people were clipping a button down to keep it engaged.

DRS in a turn doesn't make much technical sense, admittedly. But I haven't watched the WR replays at Daytona to see where they're implementing it.
The only car it makes sense to use it was the VW iD.R. The DRS wasnt limited in use for corners and the car rotate way better then without DRS. The DRS for the GT3-RS shuts down after a specific steering angle. Even in the last highspeed corner in daytona the drs is flickering on off.

I've put it on L1 as it's the most comfortable one. Using the left side one as it's easier to crisscross with steering on the right side. It's nice to use DRS as much as possible though.
I got sore thumb yesterday before mapping it to L1. Much better now😁

Attachments

• IMG_7875.jpeg
    IMG_7875.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

DS5 but that doesn't make much of a difference for me, i always Throttle R2, brake L2, Upshift R1 and down L1, that feels natural for me, so mapped the DRS to X, not ideal for the ergonomic rest of the day but for a hour session it is very doable.
I am not banding or clipping or taping my controller for the DRS, just a no for me.
Besides, i like to have control over it whenever i push it, trying all cramped up to push it as soon as possible while exiting on T1 for example is slower than just focus on the apex and gears and enable it just a fraction later.

Besides that, i'm VERY curious how much time it actualy would cost to only use it on the longer straights?, my guess....
we would be surprised how minimal the difference is on the infield?

First stint on the new TT. Fairly familiar of the track, so braking points were picked up quickly. Loving how the Porsche feels in this combo.
20231117_161607~01.jpg

A bit of lost time in the bus stop as always, but very satisfied with this time.
Because of my schedule these last few months, this could be my only meaningful stint on this. Surely i'll be kicked out of the top 100 by the end, but maybe i'll be motiviated to get back on it later in the week.

One last note: I usually use ABS weak, but the default setting felt more stable here especially with how tricky turn 1 is. Good luck!

Last edited:
First stint on the new TT. Fairly familiar of the track, so braking lines were picked up quickly. Loving how the Porsche feels in this combo.
View attachment 1304209

A bit of lost time in the bus stop as always, but very satisfied with this time.
Because of my schedule these last few months, this could be my only meaningful stint on this. Surely i'll be kicked out of the top 100 by the end, but maybe i'll be motiviated to get back on it later in the week.

One last note: I usually use ABS weak, but the default setting felt more stable here especially with how tricky turn 1 is. Good luck!
:confused::confused:...... holy c*ap...., that's a nice first stint ?!! :lol::) nice job!!

Yeah ABS weak.... i noticed it too, isn't very nice for turn 1 :lol:

Latest Posts

Back