Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,033 comments
But PD...... why the hell do you remove my apex bush on the second lap???, in replays it's always there..
they have a fast gardener :lol::lol:
Jason Windy Weather GIF by Big Brother

Wind blow it away....
:D

Viper update - it’s so bad I thought my controller was broken. Took about 10 retries before I even made it round the final corner to start the lap.

Switched to the Corvette. Actually goes round bends. Will stick with this one.
I'm still going to give it a crack and see how I get on. I'm going to be a stubborn mofo and just stick it out. Might end up with a struggle to maintain silver but I like a challenge once in a while!

Need to find a suitable livery. Was thinking something with a turkey on it...

I'm still going to give it a crack and see how I get on. I'm going to be a stubborn mofo and just stick it out. Might end up with a struggle to maintain silver but I like a challenge once in a while!

Need to find a suitable livery. Was thinking something with a turkey on it...
Just watch out not to go off the track and in the dirt, I usually end up misjudging the speed for a turn/corner and fall in the dirt and suffer! I'll either go with the Porsche RSR or the RCZ for this. I may consider the Supra too but that one doesn't really tackle the corners that great.

Just watch out not to go off the track and in the dirt, I usually end up misjudging the speed for a turn/corner and fall in the dirt and suffer! I'll either go with the Porsche RSR or the RCZ for this. I may consider the Supra too but that one doesn't really tackle the corners that great.
Yep, I'm well acquainted with the sand at Willow Springs. Love me a sand pit.

zjn
Pinpoints for me after whatching your youtubes without having the possibility to drive since Sunday:
1- position the car before turn1 in order to have a straight braking lane
2- ensure I'm not overdoing in apex sped at turn 2, use the accelleration marker identified
3- ensure I'm not overdoing in apex sped at turn 3 (or 4 if you count the one taken at full gas)
4- brake early at the chicane so that I can reapply gas before the second half of it
Solid silver and good improvement in items 2,3,4, but still turn 1 is far from good. I brake too much and need to release well before the apex in order not to stop, or I brake too late and overshoot the turn getting a red lap. Nothing in the middle

Comparing my split to one of yours in the 2% area I see:
Split 1: 7/10
Split 2: 4/10
Split 3: about same time
Split 4: 3/10
Split 5: about same time

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-24 at 10.35.28.jpeg

Surprisingly I got a bronze at the willows...... using the BRZ. Tried with the Ferrari and think I can do better with that. But, to be honest, not really interested as I really don't like any of these willows tracks. Will try for my first ever gold at Daytona instead! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'd been waiting for this stat to be updated (Yaris TT), in the hope it would make me feel better.

How was I the only "all golder" who couldn't do it 🤣😭
Not sure it was you. The person who dropped off is this person from Switzerland. Unless that is you?

Last edited:
Odd. Would you mind sharing your gran-turismo page with me? Similar to the one for the Swiss guy in my last post. If there is something wrong with my checking of the all gold stats, this may help.
Happy to help.

Could it be that people who entered the Honda Suzuka TT (like I did) have messed up this stat?

Happy to help.

Could it be that people who entered the Honda Suzuka TT (like I did) have messed up this stat?
Thanks, that has helped - I have discovered an error in how I check for all gold and will redo the lot to get to the right answer.
And by the way, I feel your pain; I know the day is coming where I'll lose my streak to, especially when people like L-Shooter turn up.

Thanks again!

Back