Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,159 comments
I believe this is due to the HRC Honda TTs. As far as I know there haven't been any American only TTs. I golded both the Nurb and Suzuka TTs but only have 57 gold trophies in game as of right now.
Ah of course, I didn't do results for the U17 one, but did for the 'ring one. Thanks.

I believe this is due to the HRC Honda TTs. As far as I know there haven't been any American only TTs. I golded both the Nurb and Suzuka TTs but only have 57 gold trophies in game as of right now.
Porsche esports events were US only
  • 917K at Le Mans
  • 959 at Sardegna Windmills
  • 911RSR at Daytona

Something like this?
Yes, amazing, thanks! It took me a while to realize that the data is cumulative, unlike the reward distribution, where the total amount of players is basically the integral under the graph (little rusty on my math-english, sorry), but I assume otherwise it would look a bit random, right? Even so, you can clearly make out where the gold and silver times are

Yes, amazing, thanks! It took me a while to realize that the data is cumulative, unlike the reward distribution, where the total amount of players is basically the integral under the graph (little rusty on my math-english, sorry), but I assume otherwise it would look a bit random, right? Even so, you can clearly make out where the gold and silver times are
Thanks. I've since polished it a bit more. This is for TT1. Notice the "must-try-and-get-a-better-medal"-bumps around each medal threshold.

1701106555587.png

Thanks. I've since polished it a bit more. This is for TT1. Notice the "must-try-and-get-a-better-medal"-bumps around each medal threshold.

View attachment 1306716
Great work! I too would be interested in the regular distribution of times in addition to the cumulative one.
I agree with crome that would probably be a bit wild due to smallish sample size for each bucket but the spikes after reaching silver and gold should stand out even more than the bumps in the cdf.

Tangential anecdote:
There as a somewhat famous economics paper about so called point shaving which essential is cheating in sports to win certain bets. The distribution of basketball game outcomes had these bumps (or spikes) as well shortly before reaching the so called spread that determines the win or loss of this particular type of sports bet.

Great work! I too would be interested in the regular distribution of times in addition to the cumulative one.
I agree with crome that would probably be a bit wild due to smallish sample size for each bucket but the spikes after reaching silver and gold should stand out even more than the bumps in the cdf.

Tangential anecdote:
There as a somewhat famous economics paper about so called point shaving which essential is cheating in sports to win certain bets. The distribution of basketball game outcomes had these bumps (or spikes) as well shortly before reaching the so called spread that determines the win or loss of this particular type of sports bet.
Firstly - love the anecdote. You can't hide from good data analysis!

Secondly, here is the graph but with number of drivers per increment added to the RHS y-axis. It really shows the spikes around reward changes; more than I thought it would. You could see the cumulative line's 'bumps' get smaller for silver and then even smaller for bronze. Here that effect is even more pronounced; people try very hard to move from silver to gold, hard-ish from bronze to silver, and only a little from none to bronze.

I'd welcome feedback on this graph from you and @crome and will then include it for all TTs.

1701109444070.png

Last edited:
Firstly - love the anecdote. You can't hide from good data analysis!

Secondly, here is the graph but with number of drivers per increment added to the RHS y-axis. If really shows the spikes around reward changes; more than I thought it would. You could see the cumulative line's 'bumps' get smaller for silver and then even smaller for bronze. Here that effect is even more pronounced; people try very hard to move from silver to gold, hard-ish from bronze to silver, and only a little from none to bronze.

I'd welcome feedback on this graph from you and @crome and will then include it for all TTs.

View attachment 1306719
Great work @half_sourly ! Very clear evidence of the MTAGABM effect!

I tend to spend most of my time around the silver line, but on the odd occasion that I get close to the gold (or silver) line, then I will push to get over that line. My rule is generally 'If I get to within 0.5s, I'll keep going'. Conversely, I also find it a no-brainer when I'm midway between those lines to think 'yeh, this is where I belong on this one...'

Last edited:
I change practically every week, I have the same pace on both so it's just whatever I feel like using at the time lol - unfortunately is the whole reason I never followed through to fill it out.
I can use the controller/wheel one I use for a couple of other people if that's ok with you.

I feel like I'm finished at Daytona. I put in a grueling 29 laps today, many invalidated. But I had a couple that were marked Red that were a couple tenths quicker than my PB, so I had to keep going.

Around Lap 20, I was becoming quite frustrated. Then I hit a pretty good S1 on Lap 29, S2 not as great but not bad. The bus-stop was smooth and had a decent exit speed and pushed through to the finish line.

Nearly 3 tenths quicker than yesterday's PB and the session's best lap, Red or otherwise.

18c121fe8308-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c122014d247-screenshotUrl.jpg

I really don't know how much faster I can go. I'm pretty sure I've got another tenth. S2 is usually one of my better parts. But I'm also quite over this track.

Edit:
@Evilmuffin here's the lap replay.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm finished at Daytona. I put in a grueling 29 laps today, many invalidated. But I had a couple that were marked Red that were a couple tenths quicker than my PB, so I had to keep going.

Around Lap 20, I was becoming quite frustrated. Then I hit a pretty good S1 on Lap 29, S2 not as great but not bad. The bus-stop was smooth and had a decent exit speed and pushed through to the finish line.

Nearly 3 tenths quicker than yesterday's PB and the session's best lap, Red or otherwise.

View attachment 1306730View attachment 1306731

I really don't know how much faster I can go. I'm pretty sure I've got another tenth. S2 is usually one of my better parts. But I'm also quite over this track.
Reasonable decent 1st and 4th sector time. You can probably squeeze another 1/10 or 2/10 in sector 2. My guess is the corner that lead back to the banking (turn 6?)...that exit can be a pain to get right(early partial throttle before the apex can stable the car and boost exit speed). However, getting it right will net you extra time for 3rd sector as well.

Can always upload your lap here.

Last edited:
Not been at the TTs for a while as when I've jumped online I've gone for the License tests so today spent half hour on the Porsche TT before it's over.

Lap one was a sighting lap and invalidated as brushed the wall.

Lap two 1:48.xxx so straight into silver.

The rest of the time was trying to get faster but kept ending up darting off in the wrong direction under braking, turned off ABS alot later than I should of, it certainly made a more stable corner entry to turn 1.

I'm just 0.262 off gold but haven't got any more time to put in so a safe silver it will stay at.

18c126c26598-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435483115990815_1701105921839.jpg

Last edited:
@GlockPants

Pretty neat lap really. While there are a few places that can push a bit more, it might require a bit of work (and some luck) to get them really nailed. However, there 2 places you should be able to get a tenth or 2 relatively easily.

Screenshot_20231127_163504_YouTube.jpg

Turn 5: You seem to narrow you line as you brake, you can actually stay to the left for a bit more and turn in late. It should give you a wider entery and better exit speed there.

Screenshot_20231127_163416_YouTube.jpg

Turn 6: See that yellow curb there? If you downshift quickly from 4th to 2nd, you will find the car rotating pretty well, and you can start applying partial throttle right at the beginning of the crub (which is before the apex). This will stabilize the car prevents it from rotating too much, and also gives you a much higher apex speed. From the video, you apply the power after you hit the apex, which really hurt your exiting speed. This will carry over to your next sector, so getting this corner right can net you a good 2/10th at the minimum.

Assuming you can be consistent with sector one and the bus stop, just fixing this 2 corners can get you down to the 1:45.1s or even 1:45 flat if you get lucky with either sector one or the bus stop.

Last edited:
@GlockPants

Pretty neat lap really. While there are a few places that can push a bit more, it might require a bit of work (and some luck) to get them really nailed. However, there 2 places you should be able to get a tenth or 2 relatively easily.

View attachment 1306776
Turn 5: You seem to narrow you line as you brake, you can actually stay to the left for a bit more and turn in late. It should give you a wider entery and better exit speed there.

View attachment 1306777
Turn 6: See that yellow curb there? If you downshift quickly from 4th to 2nd, you will find the car rotating pretty well, and you can start applying partial throttle right at the beginning of the crub (which is before the apex). This will stabilize the car prevents it from rotating too much, and also gives you a much higher apex speed. From the video, you apply the power after you hit the apex, which really hurt your exiting speed. This will carry over to your next sector, so getting this corner right can net you a good 2/10th at the minimum.

Assuming you can be consistent with sector one and the bus stop, just fixing this 2 corners can get you down to the 1:45.1s or even 1:45 flat if you get lucky with either sector one or the bus stop.
Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I can work it out tomorrow. I think I can probably get some more improvement with the remaining two days.

A 1:45.1 would be great. But a 1:45.0 might get me into the top 100.

After an hr and a half, I managed some tiny improvement. However the merical lap never happened, which would've put me in the 1:11.7s

My left leg is sore, and I can barely walk. @Gomario JSP , have fun screaming bloody murder at the TV in the morning. I'm sure you will best me by another few hundredths by the time I wake up 🤪

18c137c94e015-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back