Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,034 comments
This new TT kinda surprised me a bit. I was expecting the car to have marshmallow suspension, but it turned out to be pretty good. Surprising amount of grip for CS tires.

Spent about 30 mins on it and it was pretty fun. If anyone is having problem with this TT, just don't throw the car in the corner and stomp on the throttle when powering out. Take your time to brake during the 2 long straight and keep the car from sliding too much and you should be able to get a pretty good time.

18c68dc345a47-screenshotUrl.jpg

The bronze with the Escudo was before your abduction, right? :lol:
I can remember that the first i tried for gold was the Civic at trial mountain, and had a few silvers along the way
But i realy got better due to this forum, watching al those replays etc, if i could do them all over i think i could gold them all, but back then the motivation was less for Fuji and the tuned NSX at the Nordschleife :lol: :lol: ,

And i consider myself among you normal guys, i got quicker, but i'm def not the fastest here! :lol::)

I can remember that the first i tried for gold was the Civic at trial mountain, and had a few silvers along the way
But i realy got better due to this forum, watching al those replays etc, if i could do them all over i think i could gold them all, but back then the motivation was less for Fuji and the tuned NSX at the Nordschleife :lol: :lol: ,

And i consider myself among you normal guys, i got quicker, but i'm def not the fastest here! :lol::)
I completely understand and totally subscribe to your point of view.

My first gold was on Tsukuba with the Audi TT (remind like it was yesterday). I'm sure couldn't have achieved this without all the help and advices read on this awesome forum. I've improved my skills and I'm almost sure to get the silver reward, also thanks to all the forum's advices.

We have different motivation based on the car, the circuit (or both) but we all have the same passion for this game.

About 10 laps in, I think this should be good enough to last for this one but we'll see. Actually kind of surprised as mentioned, the Stang changes direction pretty well for being on CS tires, although it certainly doesn't put the power down in a straight line too effectively with said tires.....still a pretty fun one I'd say.

IMG_2593.jpg

Damn, man. Now I feel kinda bad. :guilty:

However, one doesn't just magically end up around those positions from nothing though so I'm sure you can produce a top 50 sometime in the near future. I'll be rooting for you, man! I know the feeling, I was incredibly close to a top 10 last week at Willow Springs and just missed out, but still improved my PB considerably. Had mixed feelings right there and then but once you let it sink in a little bit the disappointment fades away. So, congratulations on a new PB. That was a strong time. ;):cheers:
No worries! :lol: It was the hope that it might actually last that hurt, but I'll get over it. I hung on to that 50th position for a full day. Once you knocked me down a spot, I was really hoping at least one more person would put up a good time to drop me again. It may sound dumb, but it would be a lot less painful losing out by two spots. Oh, well. 51st is nothing to sneeze at. As much as I would've loved to have grabbed a top 50, it still resulted in my 2nd top 100.

I can't imagine missing a top 10 by so little! :ouch:
Man those first TT's where i didn't knew this was such a thing are hammering the overal score down :lol: :lol:
Bronze at Escudo..... i feel ashamed :lol:
I feel ya, man. I didn't even take part in the first Escudo TT. I still mostly golded the early ones, but a mix of using automatic gearbox and not pushing as hard resulted in some silver. Finding this thread brought out the competitiveness in me (us) and you see those results as the TT's go on.

Did 5 laps at DF. 4 were invalidated 😅 2 for a contact with a wall and 2 for trespassing track limits I guess. Too bad my last lap was close to silver but not valid and not sure exactly where it happened.

Worst, best and medium times are quite close which is not a very good sign in terms of hope to progress a lot, difficult balance between wheelspin and too little acceleration.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231214202609.jpg

What a brilliant TT. I didn't enjoy the Bugatti TT at all, so I'm all the happier about this TT.
Driving the Mustang at the absolute limit in every corner is very challenging, but also incredibly rewarding.

I was able to weld a 1:44.797 into the asphalt in my first stint.
I think a few tenths are still possible, but it's really not easy to get the perfect lap without making mistakes.

IMG_0486.jpeg

What a brilliant TT. I didn't enjoy the Bugatti TT at all, so I'm all the happier about this TT.
Driving the Mustang at the absolute limit in every corner is very challenging, but also incredibly rewarding.

I was able to weld a 1:44.797 into the asphalt in my first stint.
I think a few tenths are still possible, but it's really not easy to get the perfect lap without making mistakes.

View attachment 1311768
Right behind you with a 1:44,816. 😬✌️

🤣 I did spend some laps on trial Mountain, but thru remote play on the laptop..... I have no idea what's going on, but it's almost uncontrollable this way, its like the input lag makes me too late to correct the oversteer the right way, I'll do a little session tomorrow morning on the flatscreen cause if I'll do this any longer that laptop goes flying thru the window 🤣🤣

Maybe I'm just getting better but I found the Mustang to be another fairly easy Gold, I was in Gold (just) before even watching a replay or following a ghost, as soon as I did that I cut a second off to end at 1.46.1. Spent about 30 mins there I suppose? And as per usual, I suspect I won't go back. I never do, even if I truly mean to!

Tried the Deep Forest TT. It's fun despite the CS tires. At least, it's serving me better than the horrid Kyoto TT despite good grip.

Managed to Gold after a few laps & none of them got invalidated which was so easy to do in previous TTs. Have a best time of 1:46:846 which is comfortably in Gold. Getting the Watkins Glen kinda feeling where I overall finished 1451st ranked.

20231214_201013.jpg

Somehow read what the car was but had it in my head that it was on Trial Mtn. While at work today I saw posts and was horrified by the times way under 2:00.

Jumped in and carried on like MrMagoo and actually started my lap and exclaimed this is Deep Forest 😂

It’s actually quite a fun TT and Golding even using second gear in a few spots is fine. The car is very predictable which is such a welcome change from some of road card that want to swap ends on your every input.

Hopefully I can improve and don’t get into trouble staying gold. Kyoto still has me stuck just off gold after losing it.

I’ll post the average joe lap in the showcase tomorrow and tag it gtp if it comes in handy for anyone starting out. Don’t have a YouTube acct.

IMG_6276.jpeg

Damn, I feel like I'm doing a completely different TT than y'all at Deep Forrest. The car feels like a boat and simply doesn't want to turn and just wants to understeer regardless of if I'm on the throttle or even worst when coasting through the corner. At a couple of the corners, T5 (turning right into the tunnel), T10 (onto the back straight) and mainly T14 (the final hairpin) I found that I had to give the throttle a quick jab in a low gear just to get the rear end to flick around.
I have managed gold at least and am comfortably in the Gold zone for now with a mid 1:46.
1702620850632.png

Last edited:
So yesterday i was on the PS Remote app and was frustrated to the bone it just didn't work and got stuck at 1:46.88x
This morning wanted to do a normal session before work and instantly felt the difference, this one is just not for the Remote, just to much delay.

I must say i do love the feel of the car, and indeed @Barareklam those haptics do tell you a lot of information!
The fact that you can feel the wheelspin starting realy helps a lot on this drift mission :lol:

But man..... what the hell is up with that last corner??, if i take exactly the same line as Ebrahim i'm 100% understeering back to Kyoto Yamagiwa....... It already took several good laps and created so much frustration already!!, it's like i can only rotate there with sort of a drift, which coast like a gazillion amount of time.

And for some reason this is the worst TT for my hands/arms........ i'm exhausted after 1 hour and all crapmed up.... and i'm a freaking controller :lol::lol::lol:

btw.... i took al look at the leaderboard this morning...., what in the h*ll??......, somany in the low 45??? now already?? :lol::lol:
@Dolph Drago ease up mate.... give me a chance at least :lol:
@Evilmuffin ..... now you deserve a big 💩 already..... one day and directly in the top 100 :bowdown:, well done mate!

The best i could do was a 1:45.288 at place 146 this morning, not a bad start, but not great either when i see my leaderboard :banghead::lol:

20969889483593232.jpg

18c6c63164134-screenshotUrl.jpg

Another slippery car? Count me in! I lost a good bit of time in the corner leading to the 'straight' through the tunnels. I actually slowed down too much, cut the corner, and did not get a good exit. I should be in the 1:44's next time I try.

View attachment 1311786

Please confirm if I remember correctly, you are using Square button to accelerate, right? If that is the case than your time is more insane than it is, you are pure 👽

Back