Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,058 comments
@Dolph Drago your pace with the buttons is astonishing.

Are they sensitive such that you can have a bit of throttle control or is it only digital on/off? Do you tap the buttons repeatedly to get the desired amount of throttle? Is trail braking possible at all?

I'm really intrigued by the logistics of using the buttons.

I started the series over 20 years ago with GT3 on the PS2. I remember how I started switching to using the right stick for throttle and brake pretty much immediately and how much better it worked for me.
If I'm really careful, I can sort of control how much throttle I'm applying. But it's really difficult, and usually it's on/off with very little leeway. And bingo on the repeated button tapping. If you watch my uploads, you can hear me doing just that and see it on the screen. I jokingly compared myself earlier in the thread to Senna once because he blipped the throttle in the same manner. :lol: Trail braking is near impossible, and I know it hurts me. While braking in a straight line is safe, trail braking is needed to be REALLY fast.

Meanwhile...session number 2 in the books today at Deep Forest. I was thisclose to getting into the 1:44's. It was kind of a messy lap. But my main confusion lies over my best sector 2 time. I have no idea how I did it, and I came nowhere close to touching it before or after. And unfortunately, it didn't occur on my fastest overall lap.

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

Man this Deep Forest TT is fun. The Shelby is surprisingly nice to drive once you get the hang of it, and it looks very pretty too. I even made a custom livery for it based on the actual '66 model color options (Candy Apple Red with white stripes).

Screenshot_2023-12-16-00-52-11-17_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Screenshot_2023-12-16-00-48-31-34_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca__01.jpg

Had a long session and ended up making it to the top 5. The trickiest parts were probably nailing the exit on the last hairpin, and the left-hander before the long tunnels.

Screenshot_2023-12-16-00-50-53-34_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Man this Deep Forest TT is fun. The Shelby is surprisingly nice to drive once you get the hang of it, and it looks very pretty too. I even made a custom livery for it based on the actual '66 model color options (Candy Apple Red with white stripes).

View attachment 1312137
View attachment 1312135

Had a long session and ended up making it to the top 5. The trickiest part was probably nailing the exit on the last hairpin, or the corner before the tunnels.

View attachment 1312136

I see you are improving so much lately bro, not gonna be long before you start challenging for world records 🔥🔥 keep doing what you do 👌

PB of 1:45.779 today. Watching the replay really highlights how sloppy my driving can be, lol. Hit the grass a few too many times (e.g. turn 1), and I really struggle with that corner after the bridge onto the back straight.

Other controller drivers, what sensitivity do you use? I’m on 7 but I’m starting to think that might be too twitchy.

Also, woops, didn’t realise the music was playing when I saved the replay 😅

Last edited:
Sorry @Dolph Drago , I beat you to the 44s first, but I'm sure you will be ahead of me once you get in the 44s as well.
We shall see. You just never know how it's going to turn out between you, me, and @Gomario JSP. :D By the way, that slide into the final hairpin on your lap was a thing of beauty. Enough to get you rotated but not so much that you scrub off speed.
Other controller drivers, what sensitivity do you use? I’m on 7 but I’m starting to think that might be too twitchy.
I'm always on 10 no matter the combo. I've tried to lower it on twitchy cars like the Aston at Goodwood, but I still find myself faster on 10. Then again, all you guys can tell I'm a weirdo at times with my setup. :lol:

I'm always on 10 no matter the combo. I've tried to lower it on twitchy cars like the Aston at Goodwood, but I still find myself faster on 10. Then again, all you guys can tell I'm a weirdo at times with my setup. :lol:
I started out at 10 and it felt pretty good, but I was worried it was hurting my straight line speed. Might try switch back for a bit.

Not weird at all, I actually prefer using the face buttons for acceleration and braking, it just feels natural coming from mostly arcade racers. But sadly it hurts my lap times too much in GT.

Last edited:
My left knee hurts...getting old sucks 🫠

View attachment 1312143
View attachment 1312149
Cat was cheering me up!

Sorry @Dolph Drago , I beat you to the 44s first, but I'm sure you will be ahead of me once you get in the 44s as well.

@Gomario JSP 💩.....that should fire you up 🤪

That's fire right there, 💩💩💩

I feel very STUPID.... I had so much trouble with this combo...last corner is my worst corner of the whole game.... spend 2 hours this morning setting up for the last corner at around 1:07.4xx but couldn't get it rotated...

I had 10 min left to play and rented one.....
Away were all my problems.......

Don't try to put 18inch on it and take the last corner.......it won't turn 🤔🤣🤣

So a session thrown away without big progression..... at least I know what the problem is now 🤣🤣🤣

@Dolph Drago , you should put bigger rims on it, makes it more fair now 🤣🤣🤣

My favourite TT for a while, and getting closer to a super rare Gold

View attachment 1312229

Optimal is a 47 flat, but I know I need to get way into the 46s to be safe from the aliens.
I'm getting close to you, Fezzik: 1:47.483 :) (ok out of context, it could be embarrassing).

@Evilmuffin - and everyone who want to help me to join the gold zone - my replay is available in game!

I think nothing shows it better what kind of cars cars I personally like and enjoy to drive and what cars i don't like, than the current two TTs ...:lol:

Just did 5 easy laps with the Shelby GT 350 without trying too hard, and I am in silver(very close silver, but I have plenty of room to improve that time...)

Then I did 7 laps with the Gr.1 Bugatti and I was even thinking that they weren't too bad...and I am 7 seconds(!) away from bronze(with no clue or ideas where to find even just 2 seconds...). So that's that for me, not gonna give that another try-and that GR1 Bugatti is even one of the modern GR1 cars I like al little bit more than the other ones...(but if all the modern GR1 cars and all the modern F1 cars would dissappear from the game overnight, I wouldn't miss them for a second...:lol:)

I think nothing shows it better what kind of cars cars I personally like and enjoy to drive and what cars i don't like, than the current two TTs ...:lol:

Just did 5 easy laps with the Shelby GT 350 without trying too hard, and I am in silver(very close silver, but I have plenty of room to improve that time...)

Then I did 7 laps with the Gr.1 Bugatti and I was even thinking that they weren't too bad...and I am 7 seconds(!) away from bronze(with no clue or ideas where to find even just 2 seconds...). So that's that for me, not gonna give that another try-and that GR1 Bugatti is even one of the modern GR1 cars I like al little bit more than the other ones...(but if all the modern GR1 cars and all the modern F1 cars would dissappear from the game overnight, I wouldn't miss them for a second...:lol:)
I am similar, I looked at the big one, managed about 5 clean laps and thought naaaahhhh!

But Elanor is an absolute cracking TT for me. Just love the combo a lot.

I got 1:46.928 in my first session on the new TT - only took 4 laps/14 miles to break into the gold times, which is a new record for me, but then it took another 34 miles to make any improvement, but I finally managed 1:46.734 which with a bit of luck will hold on for a 🥇

I couldn't decide between using TCS 0 or TCS 1, but I ended up using both, changing it on the fly - I ended up using TCS 1 for the first half of the circuit, and TCS 0 for the 'flat' bit at the bottom of the circuit map, all the way round to the finish.

Last edited:
Something isn't right with this new TT.

Not watched any videos, just loaded a fast ghost and two laps in and I'm way into gold 🤔 I'm sure the gold time will move quite a bit on this one.

It's a fun one though, reminds me of the Aston at Goodwood, so I'll be looking to improve.

18c732522f624-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435901135169860_1702738809257.jpg
18c732543af91-96b5C9D7D20689ADD60.78214389268DE75F_message_435901137148877_1702738816987.jpg

Last edited:
Somwthing isn't roght with this new TT.

Not watched any videos, just loaded a fast ghost and two laps in and I'm way into gold 🤔 I'm sure the gold time will kove quite a bit on this one.

It's a fun one though, reminds me of the Aston at Goodwood, so I'll be looking to improve.

View attachment 1312253View attachment 1312254
I think this TT lets you drive the car both ways (sliding or gently) and look like they are close time wise. On a wheel the first sector elevation esses are quite tricky but on controller they might be a tad easier.

The final hairpin is probably easier on a wheel just for the precision on turn in and winding off for the exit.

I think the memory of the Aston at GW makes people imagine this is like that but it's not, the car is much more stable and the places to make the most time aren't as tricky as say T1 at goodwood or the weird chicane of death :)

I did 7 laps with the Gr.1 Bugatti and I was even thinking that they weren't too bad...and I am 7 seconds(!) away from bronze(with no clue or ideas where to find even just 2 seconds...).
Feels good to encounter a fellow earthling around here 😁

I'll give you an advice : don't brake 😅

I am less than a second away from bronze at the moment, with 5 laps in. Need to work on it but I find it less appealing than the Mustang 😇

I might try with a controller. I'm having such a hard time. I lost gold yesterday by a few hundredths 🤯. What I don't understand is that I (at least very recently) have been managing to be well into gold my first attempt. Sometimes it takes me and hour to pad my time but I can generally get there with a little work. I have my highest finish on a time trial that many consider to be one of, if not the most difficult we had (LL with the Yaris) and while this isn't remotely the same feel, the same style seems like it would help. Traction and throttle modulation is the key for both and yet I struggle so hard and lose so much time. I have seen a Delta that would get me a second below gold but I manage to bleed it away every time.
I'll get it. I hope. 😂😂😂🍻

Ahhhh, never before has an improvement felt so good and so bad at the same time.
I was able to improve to a 1:44.599 in my second stint, but I easily lost 2-3 tenths compared to my best sectors.
So there is definitely still potential.

View attachment 1312255

Sorry but this forum is only for real humans players.... :indiff:

Ahhhh, never before has an improvement felt so good and so bad at the same time.
I was able to improve to a 1:44.599 in my second stint, but I easily lost 2-3 tenths compared to my best sectors.
So there is definitely still potential.

View attachment 1312255
So this time i'm right in front of you. 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20231216_154944.jpg
    IMG_20231216_154944.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 11
Back