Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,064 comments
Standard rims, you gotta love them.... quick run when the wife was in the shower 🤣🤣
Can't wait for my longer stint tomorrow 😁😁😁

18c743ce31685-screenshotUrl.jpg

Haven't turned on PS and haven't seen your lap, but judging by sector times, sector 2 maybe can go faster, and it's usually to nail left turn that leads uphill through tunnel, where sector 2 ends.
Tak :) Yes I can improve also this sector. Few tens here and here make the difference between silver and gold.
This left turn (right after the bridge) isn't easy but very important to get a good speed uphill to the end of the 2nd sector.

@Carlos Fandango - get well soon :)

Last edited:
If someone had a good reliable replay I could before I start the session later, that would help, see in Youtube I can set the playback speed to 0.25-0.50, this slows down the video so it's super easy seeing where the player brakes and starts to turn, etc.

Unpopular opinion, but I think this Shelby TT is rubbish. The OP weight transfer on cars like this highlight the failings of the physics model and the sudden and catastrophic loss of rear traction is ludicrous.

I’m happy for everyone who is loving it and doing well, but I am really having trouble finding anything to like about it. I’m unlikely to do any more than the minimum to get gold.

I changed my strategy midway through tonight's session, keeping it in 3rd gear every corner but turn 1 and the hairpin. It didn't feel any slower than if I downshifted to 2nd, and I was more consistent through the tight right hander leading into the 2nd tunnel. I also got into the 1:44's! :dopey: It took 33 laps, but there it is. Though I still need another .07 to catch @Evilmuffin...:mischievous:

IMG_2729.jpg

@Dep Fishtail - I haven't seen you in dailies in a long while, so I loaded your GT350 ghost; you're still faster! It did help me get to a 46.3, but I don't think I have a 45 in me. Kudos!
LoL
Glad it helped get you up and started but I’m sure you have 45 in ya. We always are a place or two apart and I’m pretty sure you’ll be back and it will grow on you. 😁

Gotta jump back into A race before it’s over.
Been doing more TT time and weekly challenges but itching for the next season 😉
Maybe see ya tomorrow over in A race 👍

Standard rims, you gotta love them.... quick run when the wife was in the shower 🤣🤣
Can't wait for my longer stint tomorrow 😁😁😁

View attachment 1312337
The water bill? Don't worry darling, take your time.

But on a serious note: does rim size make a difference? In reality I would assume so because the different amounts of solid rim and elastic rubber should make a difference even if the overall tire size is the same. But I'm neither a car guy nor a mechanical engineer.
Unpopular opinion, but I think this Shelby TT is rubbish. The OP weight transfer on cars like this highlight the failings of the physics model and the sudden and catastrophic loss of rear traction is ludicrous.
I have never raced anything other than a rental kart. What would such a car behave like irl?
View attachment 1312413
Of course my lucky cat was by my side.
I'm allergic to cats. My wife and kids would love one. A lucky cat by my side while grinding sounds lovely.

Keep grinding everyone else. I will try again in the next few days and hopefully make it to gold as well.

Really great to see the appreciative posts and help among the community. You all set a great example and make it what it is. It's honestly quite baffling to go thousands of posts without some toxic junk in between. Not very common on the internet.

The water bill? Don't worry darling, take your time.

But on a serious note: does rim size make a difference? In reality I would assume so because the different amounts of solid rim and elastic rubber should make a difference even if the overall tire size is the same. But I'm neither a car guy nor a mechanical engineer.
🤣.... there have been previous tt's like the civic at Tsukuba where rotation seemed impossible with custom rims, you can check the problem fairly easy for yourself here, put on those 18inch and try to take the first last hairpin, ...... just dont be stupid like me and do it the other way around 🤣🤣, but short answer.......yes ...sometimes it does matter, rest like aero parts do not affect 😁👍

Had a short go this morning after getting a hart attack cause my PS5 had some weird blue artifacts or colour misfunction the first 4 times I booted up, hope it's stays functional......

Not my best sectors combined, but I can sleep peacefully now in the 44.'s 🤣

18c7780b0b516-screenshotUrl.jpg

Had a short go this morning after getting a hart attack cause my PS5 had some weird blue artifacts or colour misfunction the first 4 times I booted up, hope it's stays functional......
That's concerning, but I can relate. I've had more hardware issues this year than ever before between my console and rig. Almost makes me nervous just turning things on and I perceive the tiniest amount of delay. Hopefully your equipment is good and it was just a one time thing.

Ooofff....I think I'm probably done with this TT. If everything lines up, I MIGHT get into the .7s, but I will have to grind like crazy. Then it will no longer be fun....I will see.... haven't decided yet.

View attachment 1312412
View attachment 1312413
Of course my lucky cat was by my side.

I felt so slow using 3rd exiting corners, maybe I will have to try that on my next run before it ends.

Would also be nice to have a sensible lucky cat like yours instead of a wild 20 week old cable eating kitten 😂

IMG_20231029_183722_edit_557170061103522.jpg

Very nice TT with Shelby 😊

1:44.909 for now 1:44.8** on the table but will require many attempts.

View attachment 1312491View attachment 1312492

P.S. @Gomario JSP check your HDMI cable, I had something similar and it showed cable was not fully inside contact, example a cat maybe pulled it slightly 😊
Nice time there mate!, thanks, I'll check the cable when it ocures again....hopefully it doesn't 🤣🤣

Didn't have much time on Friday but decided to give Kyoto another go to try and get gold. At first I thought that TT was on the "easy" side so long as I can manage the car speed. When I tried it the first time, I think I posted a 1.18s after 5 or 6 laps but after 250+ miles trying to get gold, that TT is deceptively difficult, T2, the hairpin and the chicane are very inconsistent. I did manage to improve on my time and finished the session with 1.17.646, gold target is currently 1.17.606 so that's only .040 short. With it being this close, now I have to keep trying to nail that gold.

Latest Posts

Back