Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,075 comments
So, how easy is that to gold? I'm wondering because I had a time earning the gold medal in the CE at Deep Forest, I know what a pain that was.
Personally this TT is one of the easier ones to gold:

1) Road car that wont just kill you.
2) Grip even though its on Comfort Softs (can get sideways but nothing too serious that you cant handle).
3) Deep Forest is not too complex and there are very minimal braking points to learn.

That said its not that hard to get a gold.

My tip to you would be to scroll through the leader boards and look for a slower ghost. You will find ghosts that were recorded on the first day of the TT... They were top 10 at one stage, but are now way lower in the leader boards. Use one of these ghosts as a guide.

Practice makes perfect! I know you can do this.
Good luck Chris

@Gomario JSP Thanks Mate!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi,

Talk about frustration?

As my teacher used to say to me...

"Go to the top of the class Ian - Don't take your bag! You won't be there long!!!"

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

IMG_3104.jpg

zjn
As I imagined, in the Shelby TT the first sectoris the one that gives me the most trouble.
Obviously the climb with the S's is tricky, but the first corner also takes a lot out of my time.

On the first corner I have a lot of problems in braking.
I noticed that even braking completely straight 100%, without bothering to make the turn, halfway through braking the car snaps with the rear, so I am forced to release the braking force long early, well before the trail braking.
I don't understand why this behavior occurs: too much weight transfer? road surface?

The fact is that in the various replays I've seen, you can brake 100% even when going from the right side to the left side of the road, which I cannot do.

View attachment 1312769

View attachment 1312770
There is a slight bump on the straight in the braking zone. If you downshift to second at just the right time, it can unsettle the car. The bump is really subtle...I only noticed it because I'm driving in VR.

SOS I need an explanation to understand how this st---id game runs... !
After 5 tries on severals laps since this morning, I couldn't ONCE to get down below 1:48.xxx :banghead:

A. You should sell your PS5, and go on holidays :indiff:

B. This is a Swiss circuit, take your time, no hurry... :crazy:

C. It's a German conspiracy to take the lead on you :nervous:

SOS I need an explanation to understand how this st---id game runs... !
After 5 tries on severals laps since this morning, I couldn't ONCE to get down below 1:48.xxx :banghead:

A. You should sell your PS5, and go on holidays :indiff:

B. This is a Swiss circuit, take your time, no hurry... :crazy:

C. It's a German conspiracy to take the lead on you :nervous:
I guess letter B would be the best choice IMO.

Small steps...
View attachment 1312856

Again I feel like in the olympic TT: I'm at my limit and fighting here for peanuts.
Still haven't figured out the final hairpin.

High 45s should be possible if everything lines up right for one lap.
Good luck mate, I haven't even started yet, xD. Been busy taking care of me and my family. Without that, what would I do? So, I have to put GT7 aside until my work is done.

What rims? I've never embraced the rim size, offset, etc.. settings and am curious what they do in time trials.
As the others mentioned above, I started with my garage GT350 with larger rimsize but then the last corner particularly isn't doable due to oversteering, sometimes it realy doesnt matter, but now and then we have a tt were it does matter
View attachment 1312855

Got a little bit to excited and lost some time at the final hairpin. 🥲
Holy c*ap...... that's quick! 🙏🙏

Small steps...
View attachment 1312856

Again I feel like in the olympic TT: I'm at my limit and fighting here for peanuts.
Still haven't figured out the final hairpin.

High 45s should be possible if everything lines up right for one lap.
There is an ambulance/truck? before the 150 board ... Brake hard right before you get to the ambulance. Downshift normally to 1st....trail brake..... turn in....and SHIFT to 2nd before you hit the apex. You should be able to feed the throttle right when you hit the apex. Just be ready to catch the car as it might rotate more than you think at the apex (there is a dip there)

Last edited:
There is an ambulance before the 150 board ... Brake hard right before you get to the ambulance. Downshift normally to 1st....trail brake..... turn in....and SHIFT to 2nd before you hit the apex. You should be able to feed the throttle right when you hit the apex. Just be ready to catch the car as it might rotate more than you think at the apex (there is a dip there)
Yeah, I'm using the ambulance as my mark, just a fraction before it.
The rest is for sure very valuable advice, but not very usable with my AT gears :dopey:

Day 3 at Deep Forest went surprisingly well.

I was particularly fatigued this morning and I was having a difficult time focusing even for 10 Laps. But even after invalidating nearly every lap, I managed my perfect lap (so far?). Best optimals from any session all on one lap. I'm so pleased with it that I made a clip on the Share Factory app and included the VR gameplay.

18c7e61921738-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c7e617cdf94-screenshotUrl.jpg

And here's the replay, feel free to critique. Maybe on a day I can focus better, I'll be able to get my time down further.

Take your time with the car. Don't over drive and throw it into the corner. This TT is all about controlling the car and don't let it get out of shape. Brake early and keep the car under control will end up being much faster than brake late, lose control and have to wrestle it back to shape.

If you have problem getting into silver, try driving the car at 80% pace and focus on smoothly driving the whole lap without braking traction. Then slowly increase the pace....you should be able to get into silver easy.
Workin’ on it. Down to a 1:50.131.
There is an ambulance/truck? before the 150 board ... Brake hard right before you get to the ambulance. Downshift normally to 1st....trail brake..... turn in....and SHIFT to 2nd before you hit the apex. You should be able to feed the throttle right when you hit the apex. Just be ready to catch the car as it might rotate more than you think at the apex (there is a dip there)
I hope that ambulance has one of those nice warm jackets with the sleeves that tie in the back. I may need it by next week.🙂

zjn
This works the opposite for me, I'm happy about cat and tree in the same sentence.
Since my cat is not a Schrödinger-breed, cat in the x-tree means cat not on the wheel

View attachment 1312812

We decided against the tree this year, your cat looks the spitting image of ours 😯
IMG_20231217_194108.jpg

Going to give this Deep Forest TT another go as I'm dropping down the leader board now with you lot all improving 🏎️

I haven't noticed this ambulance that you are all using as a reference 🧐

Last edited:
Seems like there are quite a few mixed reactions regarding the Shelby TT. For me, I love it. I enjoy old, loose cars. I think the CS tires allow for enough grip to keep confident while allowing for a lot of slip, which I also like. This TT is a dream compared to the Bugatti VGT nonsense.

IMG_2664.PNG

I think a lot of people are overdriving the heck out of the Shelby. I don't find it to be excessively oversteery (I just got done driving the Porsche CGT, and THAT car provides oversteer at literally any moment). I actually found the GT350 not allowing the rear to slip as much as I wanted at times (it's open diff, and could use an LSD), so for those of you struggling, just slow it down a bit and smooth out your inputs. I only drive in VR with a wheel, but I tried it out real quick on controller and it's still a nice drive. ABS weak is the only "aid" I ever have on, and trans is always manual.

These are the only laps I've put in so far. Took 4 laps to get gold, and another to improve to 146.487. I don't have a lot of extra time to play GT7, so I only usually go for the gold and avoid putting in a bunch of laps to improve my times for the heck of it. I'm leaving a ton of time on the track, but as long as I get that gold money I'm good!

Here is the session in VR, including a last lap with some sliding around.

Also: Cat

thumbnail_IMG_6141.jpg

Last edited:
First, morning session, short but damn, I improved for 2 thousands 🙃

Evening session, again short (playing Horizon Zero Dawn), but people, I made it!

I'm in 45s!

1:45.826

18c7e8f7b4654-screenshotUrl.jpg

Under 2% and 1.9xx behind Jeddah...

And again, when I saw my split time, with mistake at hairpin.

But it was OK lap, here it is:

I haven't noticed this ambulance that you are all using as a reference 🧐
I think they mean this pickup truck off to the right of the track before the 150 board before the final hairpin?

Screenshot_20231218-123402.png

There is an ambulance earlier in the circuit off to the left, near the end of S1 just before the first tunnel. But I don't think they're talking about that.

Last edited:
Back