Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,081 comments
We decided against the tree this year, your cat looks the spitting image of ours 😯View attachment 1312883

Going to give this Deep Forest TT another go as I'm dropping down the leader board now with you lot all improving 🏎️

I haven't noticed this ambulance that you are all using as a reference 🧐
So my other cat looks like everyone's cat 🤣

20231012_130327.jpg

I think they mean this pickup truck off to the right of the track before the 150 board before the final hairpin?

View attachment 1312894

There is an ambulance earlier in the circuit off to the left, near the end of S1 just before the first tunnel. But I don't think they're talking about that.
I've been using the shadow of the 150 board as my braking point, as soon as it reaches the edge of my screen in bumper cam.

Screenshot_20231218-123402_edit_846578009217693.png

After a few very busy days I finally found the time to hop in the Shelby for a session. This one did not come as naturally to me as to some others here, but after some initial struggles I got into the groove and managed a hopefully safe gold at 1:46.080, and I think a 1:45 should be doable.

More importantly, this is the first TT I am doing with my new wheel, which I could not be happier about :D … aaand, now being in possession of working shifter paddles, it‘s also the first time I am trying MT. Feels like the perfect combo to get started. For one, the relatively low pace and only 4 gears make it so that it doesn‘t become a mental overload. And secondly, while I‘ve gone on record saying that I believe that MT might be a bit overrated in general, here choosing the right gear at corner exit makes a huge difference.

This is my attempt. I‘d be happy about some critique and tips to get into 1:45. Thanks and good luck eveyone!

Same here, picked up .172. I’m still far from Silver. Into the 49’s now. That last turn is my issue.
I brake hard where the wall kicks up before it ends. Modulate them from that point, drop down to second gear, and carefully blend in throttle around it.

I was dipping in using the brakes to modulate oversteer which allowed for a nice second gear pull-away with little drama.

After another 150+ miles tonight at Kyoto, I've finally got the gold but only by the skin of teeth ....I unfortunately won't have any more time to improve on this one so a plea to the aliens....please don't go any faster!! 🙏😅

1000018347.jpg

Edit: also got 1.47.6xx with GT350. I feel like I can find more time with that one. We'll see how I do later in the week. That certainly is a big contrast to the Kyoto TT. Going from high speed with Max downforce to really slow and driving on ice 😂

Last edited:
18c7fdead0879-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c7fdec6787-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back in there. I feel like I unlocked a secret driving this thing tonight. It kinda came together quickly and my optimal is low 46. I didn't have much time to see how far I could go but I do have some time off before this one's over so I'll get it down a bit. I was stressing out yesterday. It just wasn't clicking and after one faster lap than previous, I couldn't even get close to gold. Glad to be back in and likely able to drop my time quite a bit when I can grind a little. Cheers all. Watching your replays and fast laps and lurking and reading really has given me time yet again. 🍻🍻🍻

No tree for me...but that doesn't mean I can go play GT7.....

View attachment 1312814
We decided against the tree this year, your cat looks the spitting image of ours 😯View attachment 1312883
This is the only reason why I visit this thread now.
So my other cat looks like everyone's cat 🤣

View attachment 1312895
AWWWW LOOK AT THE TOE BEANS

Here's my cat btw
IMG_5512.JPG

Last edited:
This must be the most frustrating TT for me since i do compete in these, getting a complete clean lap in is just one out of a few hundred laps for me i guess, it just doesn't happen?!!.

Had a long stint this morning trying to get sort of a consistent flow, but it kind of never came.. :banghead:
Optimum over 62 laps was slower then yesterdays .59x
Did better my time but from 970 to .936.... :lol::banghead::lol: but nothing beats the frustration...

So grabbed a few spots back but far from the top 100 this time, it's in there but man it's in deep and i don't know if i'm able to get it out...

@Barareklam i bet your optimum is already in the 4's or 5"s ??

18c80fde45926-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c80fc977453-screenshotUrl.jpg

IMG-20231218-WA0011.jpg

Morning terror aftermath....., they were kind of ok this morning, so happy about that, did threw all the christmas garlands away cause he was barfing 6 times a day and recreating a whole new one on the floor....

I'll give it another try tomorrow morning maby, but time is running out for my long stints now these busy days!

I’d just like to say it makes me happy that the GTP TT crowd are cat people. I’m in the right place.

My boy passed a couple of years ago. Big Smoke was my main gaming buddy,

IMG_1832.jpeg

Given up on the Bugatti, just too fast and twitchy for me. Still chasing a golden lap in the Shelby but much more fun and manageable.

Ah no, just 44.8 had one .79x but not lower than that, Shelby is slippery, I like it but some small movements in steering makes me lose those miliseconds.... and I am on motion sensor which is twitchy, I even turned on countersteering strong on this one :)
I haven't tried switching that on, but maby i'll do tomorrow's "maby" session with that, after my 6 million laps i should notice what the difference is going to be :lol: :lol:
Should be a very fun one on motion!, do you arms hurt after a good stint with this much corrections ?

I haven't tried switching that on, but maby i'll do tomorrow's "maby" session with that, after my 6 million laps i should notice what the difference is going to be :lol: :lol:
Should be a very fun one on motion!, do you arms hurt after a good stint with this much corrections ?
Ha ha, no, I keep them in the air, I get invalidated lap, I rest them until I restart and 6 millions times like that, no problemo :D

Ha ha, no, I keep them in the air, I get invalidated lap, I rest them until I restart and 6 millions times like that, no problemo :D
Swedish Schwarzenegger :D :lol: :lol:
Fascinating driving-style! maby i'll try it again, i found the low speed turning very hard and strange but prob.have to get used to that, and maby play with those feedback and sensitivity settings.

I managed to get gold on Kyoto with a 1.47.2ish so quite happy with that, I didnt think I would be able to but after a lot of restart, I managed to snatched gold. As for Deep Forest, it was much easier, once I used the 3rd gear trick, I managed to get gold in less than 15 mn so happy with that. I still need to improve my time as it's quite close to the limit (less than 2 tenths) but I think I can do it fairly easely, I still got a few tenths at least in me.

Cant wait for my new pedals and qr2 to come so I can ditch the gamepad and go back to my wheel. Should be beginning of next year so still a few trials on pad.

Last edited:
Back