Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,082 comments
This might be a stupid question but when you use the bumper view in gt7, are you placed in the center of the car ( bumper ) ?
It is not always centered and can be slightly off-center depending upon the car (left or right hand drive). It is cockpit view without the distraction or view limitations of the cockpit.

This might be a stupid question but when you use the bumper view in gt7, are you placed in the center of the car ( bumper ) ?
View attachment 1313004View attachment 1313005
My pet contribution, always ready to watch a race with me! RIP Tipex 23.12.2021 😘
Center of the car....see below screenshots, same position, different view.

18c8362429c16-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c836254c13-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c8362693c82-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c8362866952-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
About the Yamagiwa / Bugatti Gr.1 TT, I golded it on alt accout too and found out that Controller vibration setting made huge difference in consistency.

I had it originally at 0% , but changing it to 150% made the car just corner better and more consistent at the chicanes. (G29 steering sens 10 ffb 5/10)

Last edited:
No PB at Deep Forest today, but my optimals are way lower. I'm sure I can go faster and I'm still having a fun time with this combo.

18c83a286e881-screenshotUrl.jpg

If I could have a better exit on the sharp left at the end of S2, I bet I could get into the 1:44's. The WR ghost just pulls away from me there so quickly. Also, I can't believe I set my fastest lap of the session twice! What?!

I haven't tried switching that on, but maby i'll do tomorrow's "maby" session with that, after my 6 million laps i should notice what the difference is going to be :lol: :lol:
Should be a very fun one on motion!, do you arms hurt after a good stint with this much corrections ?
I switched it on for my second improvement, I then switched TC to 2 for my third improvement.

I suspect you will notice the difference quite a lot and make your way into the top 100.

Also: cat again 😂
IMG_20231108_191053.jpg

Jesus christ, man. Bugatti TT is trash. And my motivation is at an all time low. No one else kinda burnt out?
I thought I wasn't going to like a lot of the recent TTs but I've actually been enjoying them.

I didn't think I would gel with the Bugatti, but ended up having a lot of fun completely missing the chicane turn in and plowing into the wall lap after lap 😂

Last edited:
ended up having a lot of fun completely missing the chicane turn in and plowing into the wall lap after lap 😂
Yeah, been there, done that. Many, many times.... Not sure I was having a lot of fun. I hate that chicane. While I have been able to get through it without lift off, I REALLY don't know how I did it. 25% of the time I may make it. 75% of the time I say hello to the barrier or get a track limit penalty. It seems luck plays a large part in it.
Why does your cat look like the head of your cat has been merged into the body of another cat? :D

Last edited:
No PB at Deep Forest today, but my optimals are way lower. I'm sure I can go faster and I'm still having a fun time with this combo.

View attachment 1313112

If I could have a better exit on the sharp left at the end of S2, I bet I could get into the 1:44's. The WR ghost just pulls away from me there so quickly. Also, I can't believe I set my fastest lap of the session twice! What?!
That turn is actually not that horrible. Majority of the time lost came from the downhill left before that. You actually don't need to brake as much as you think. Try to see if you can get through that corner with 50% braking....you can run on to the grass on the left side by quit a bit and the car will still be in control and no invalid lap.

This one...
Screenshot_20231219_171800_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

Bit of a bonus for me, work kindly got me home a day early so I had another shot at the Bugatti VGT. God I love it, sounds good, incredible handling, bit of a challenge! All hinges on that big chicane, I’ve been ahead of the 2nd place ghost the whole lap but getting round that chicane quickly makes you so much time but it’s SO challenging! If only I had more time 🧐

Sub 1:16.5 was the goal and I just about did it, just behind mega times from @Boabdulrahman and the increasingly inhuman @Gomario JSP 👀 and of course way behind forum supremo @djolliea

I’m off til new year now but family commitments may curtail GT7 time. Let’s see what Santa brings!!

Good times in the Frosty Snowbugatti ⛄️

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4511.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

Did 10 pityful laps at Kyoto, of which the first one was the best and my new record but still bronze... (and more than half were invalid)

Went to DF and did 5 laps and don't know how, but I managed to improve my time and insert myself into silver zone, other than that only poor laps where I had a poor T1 or a poor hairpin, or both.

Switched to my new game "Sable" which is 100 times more relaxing than GT

That turn is actually not that horrible. Majority of the time lost came from the downhill left before that. You actually don't need to brake as much as you think. Try to see if you can get through that corner with 50% braking....you can run on to the grass on the left side by quit a bit and the car will still be in control and no invalid lap.
Thanks for the tips!

Looking back at my lap, S2 is the weakest vs the WR ghost. I start to lose time accelerating out of Tunnel 2, I believe I'm too conservative on the throttle and lift a bit before the right kink with the bollards before said long left. Then I burn off too much speed on the next left and when I exit in 3rd feels sluggish at the start of the back straight.

Ghost go bye bye.

View attachment 1312971

Morning terror aftermath....., they were kind of ok this morning, so happy about that, did threw all the christmas garlands away cause he was barfing 6 times a day and recreating a whole new one on the floor....

I'll give it another try tomorrow morning maby, but time is running out for my long stints now these busy days!
That's a very flat cat.

Just not going to gain back my early gold. Silver it is.
Too many features that are just not clicking with the curb buster path that’s so fast.

I did finally drop .028 after 512 miles today but it took until the last hour and a half before I could hit high 1:17’s to even feel like this one may work after all. Only once that I had an optimal time that was gold.

Ending at 1:17:660 and will be waiting to see what we’re dealt next.

Good luck to everyone who is still working on it! 👍

IMG_6306.jpeg
IMG_6307.jpeg

Jesus christ, man. Bugatti TT is trash. And my motivation is at an all time low. No one else kinda burnt out?
I agree. Seeing ghost of aliens where whole car is placed on the grass way out of the track and holding that concrete part that is outside the curbs with one single pixel is just annoying honestly. I run only one session on Bugatti Kyoto, my worst placement in long time but sometimes as you say motivation is not on top to do even two sessions. I do not get track limits and wonder if some real racing have them in the grass like that? I pretty much watch F1 on TV and white line is track limit there, I just wish it was here in the game too but who am I to talk about "real driving simulator".

Anyhow, you can try Shelby, big difference from Bugatti, I am pretty sure you can chase Djolliea again and he is P6 currently as far as I know so you have chance to be in first top 10 go for it you got this!!!

Again....... fail.... :lol:
No better optimum....
No PB...
Yes frustration......

Tried to put on CS strong for the first 10 laps, but T1 is horrific with that on, i'm so much faster in S1 without it and could not get used to it so turned it off at lap 11 again :lol:

So almost 40 lap stint this morning, again not my fastest S1 altho it wasn't bad at all at 29.913 but had a lot of trouble today getting T10 today and hairpin T14.

I'm getting a bit demotivated now :lol::boggled:

18c86221c4c73-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yeah, i know the feeling, i haven't revisited the Bugatti Tripple chicane of death either anymore, can't get motivated for that one too, had a descent lap in. then i just did tomany laps on Deep forrest without progression and was done after 40 laps but still had half an hour but just was done.
I would say i'll take a little brake, but then thursday there is a new one and my brain want's to try it :lol:

But busy days come up, so who know :lol:

@Dan_Tes Good to see you do some laps mate!, try the GT350 you'll like it, but will be frustrated like me :lol:

Last edited:
Lol, someone here made a typo or misread the other, but that reminded me of a Clown Core song with chorus that goes:
"The Earth is flat, because you are fat!"

Would post a link to the video (it's hilarious), but some people are scared of clowns, so...
Best line and video. Thank you for reminding me of this.

Well I am not going to have time to finish the Kyoto one, however I earned bronze. Someone charged our card and we had enough in our bank account to cover the internet, but someone charged $100 from Walmart on our Visa card so I have to go take care of it today, I wanted to rest and play gt7, but nope. Something always comes up here. Where we live.

Back