Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,096 comments
Muahhaha another combo I like!! 😈😈😈 high downforce and a track I know equals a lot of fun, these cars are way more enjoyable on a wheel in comparison to things like the Mustang at DF which is borderline undrivable. I’ll take it! Not the most exciting but hey.. my run of liking trials nobody else does continues 😂😂

Replay shared under tags GTP and dantes if anyone is bothered. Here’s the ‘tube

IMG_4524.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi,

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I actually quite like Fuji. Especially without that infernal chicane. Only had time for a few laps earlier but I am almost a gold time already. I am looking forward to this one.

Tis' the holiday season too, so I should have plenty of time to try for my highest placed TT yet.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hey good Group 2 TT at the shorter Fuji track, thank god! I am relieved that it's not the full course, so one of the chicanes are cut. But I am focusing on the Shelby TT which ends 3 days after Christmas. I wish I had a pet to root me on, xD. Or sit by my side.
GO GO GO Chris!!! Make this Shelby dance and win gold!

Well, Kyoto was good for Gold. I tried a short stint yesterday, but wasn't able to make any improvements. Oh well.

Back at Deep Forest today, trying to get a better S2. I'm doing a bit better there but on my quickest lap I had a bad exit on T1 but still managed a new PB into the 1:45.2's.

18c8d22250645-screenshotUrl.jpg
18c8d22428199-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's the replay.

I think I'll do Fuji later. It's not a particularly inspiring combo for me.

Tried the Shelby GT350 @ Deep Forest today for the first time, and I don't feel like it took me long at all to break into gold range. I'm glad my silver for the Bugatti VGT @ Yamagiwa ended up sticking, too. The GT350 is pretty fun to drive, IMO, even on the Comfort Softs they put you on.

EDIT: I take it the best car for the Gr.2 @ Fuji Short time trial is the NSX Concept-GT?

Last edited:
Then again.... i'm prob the only fool getting 5 day per week up early at 05:45 AM to race timetrials until 8:00 AM and then hurry to start working at 8:30 AM ....

if you think of it.... it's nuts... :lol: :lol: i have a sleepless timetrial life right now :banghead::banghead:

I'm sure if you would put the same efford in you would be miles ahead of me :boggled::boggled:

thanks mate for the work, you realy have made those trials alive!
If only I had that amount of time, I'm lucky if I get 4 hours on 1 weekend day per week at the moment, and that time all gets spent on GT7 which is why I go for gold and then don't improve it.

If I have chance this weekend then I am going to try to improve at Deep Forest as I really enjoyed that and then go for gold at Fuji.

Might even see if my other spectator wants to join...
IMG_20200602_223318.jpg

Tried the Shelby GT350 @ Deep Forest today for the first time, and I don't feel like it took me long at all to break into gold range. I'm glad my silver for the Bugatti VGT @ Yamagiwa ended up sticking, too. The GT350 is pretty fun to drive, IMO, even on the Comfort Softs they put you on.

EDIT: I take it the best car for the Gr.2 @ Fuji Short time trial is the NSX Concept-GT?
Yes, they chose the perfect classic car for this, I was able to get a silver time within 2 laps of running. My best was 1'48.725, I hope it holds. But what I need to focus on is gold.

Got the first session in Fuji behind me. Too bad, would have liked to drive the whole track, but that's the way it is now.

The NSX understeers like hell under braking, it's really bad that you can't adjust the brake balance.

I still managed a 1:27.188, but I think a 1:26.xxx is possible if I can get the understeer under control.

IMG_0492.jpeg

Well, this one’s going to be more of a grind than the last few.

This TT was my first real stint around Fuji outside of a few 3-lap races during the campaign. Can’t seem to crack 1:30.00 yet, but looking forward to (hopefully) working my way up to the gold medal times over the week.

Just wrapped up the circuit experience and that’s helped with the final sector. What an awkward stretch of track. Satisfying to get it right, though.

Last edited:
Argh! I threw away a chance at the 1:27's with a horribly botched 3rd sector. I made my run before watching any track guide. I wasn't expecting so much 3rd gear. A few adjustments on gear selection should help on my next attempt.
IMG_2737.jpg

Dolph's random musings:
  • With it being another high downforce TT. That means I'll be lower down the order, as is always the case in Gr.2 vehicles for me. I like the cars that slide around a bit.
  • Like most (aside from a few who maybe should be in an insane asylum :lol:), I loathe sector 3. It does not flow whatsoever. At least we don't have to deal with the wretched chicane for this one.
  • The NSX is mad twitchy upon acceleration. I'm especially struggling coming out of the first and final turns. The car is still very unstable even using my throttle blip method. I know I'm losing time, but if I don't do it, I'll spin every time. Which leads me to the next bullet point...
  • I'm actually considering switching to the triggers for gas and brake. :scared: I just don't know how long the adjustment period would be. I'd have to learn what works best for gear changes, too.

Tried a few additional cars to see if any of them would work better for me but went back to the NSX again and bettered my time this evening.

Can’t get it done without tc1 but I’ll keep working on that 😉
Using slightly different gears than the aliens in a few spots but it was the only way an old hack like me could get a wee bit under 💰😂😂

Loaded the lap in showcase tagged gtp in case anyone wants to use for a slower ghost. 👻

IMG_6313.jpeg

First morning laps in the META on Fuji..
Said it before and i'll say it again..... i hate this track, with chicane, without.... doesn't matter, there are just to many corners that are weird, and like @Evilmuffin mentioned, those elevations with this combo are just horrible.
I'm 100% with you on this one, once i'm in the 27's i call it a day.

Right behind you :lol:

@Dolph Drago i think i used 2nd for exit only on my lap... :boggled::boggled:,so third is the way to go?....
that gives me hope :lol::lol:

@Dan_Tes the high downforce maniac has returned, that's not a bad first stint mate.... easy now!...:lol::lol:

18c905ee98058-screenshotUrl.jpg

18c905e835296-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

18c905eb36420-screenshotUrl.jpg

Back