Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,125 comments
So I did one lap that wasn't invalidated at 1:43.160 I just can't keep this 4C planted at all.

Sometimes I'm flying past the 0.4sec ahead ghost up the first hill makong great time, then I lose it all after the hairpin.

I've spent about 1hr in total with this car and I jist can't be consistent at all 😔
Don't forget ..the hairpin is actually a double apex corner. Keep your cool and don't try to hug the inside line. You need to swing the car out a bit so you can hit the 2 apex correctly....doing it right and you can exit in full throttle. The hairpin and the No Name corner right after are extremely important for 2nd sector's time.

Last edited:
I'm happy to share my ghosts to the leaderboard I just honestly am a Luddite and don't know how. 😂😂😂

I know a fast ghost that's an actual human helps...
We earthlings can share lap in showcase by going to my items then share the lap. I always tag gtp so members can find it.
If you add a replay to your collection you can then use it as a ghost.

Not sure if answered this for you 🤔
Or if you meant something else.
🍻

There was some talk earlier about MT so I gave it a go coming from AT.

Even after 20 odd laps it’s not been a massive leap. My time has come down by 0.15s to a 2:40.6. Most of that was from T1 and there’s a 2:40.5 if I strung it together.

This car is pretty low power though, other ones might benefit more.

Last edited:

Even after 20 odd laps it’s not been a massive leap. My time has come down by 1.5tenth to a 2:40.6. Most of that was from T1 and there’s a 2:40.5 if I strung it together.

1.5 seconds is a massive leap.....like a massive leap dude.

Even after 20 odd laps it’s not been a massive leap. My time has come down by 1.5tenth to a 2:40.6. Most of that was from T1 and there’s a 2:40.5 if I strung it together.

I could kill my mother in law (just kidding, no offense ^^) for gaining more than 1.5 sec on this TT.... :dopey:

I have only recently figured out what it takes to gold these consistently. I've played this game since release day of the original GT but never really did much other than win what I could and pay Argy bargy with the AI. Internet didn't exist in my rural area until 4 years ago so anything online before that was off limits... long story short, I had the skills but never the reason to hone them. This place has changed that. Now if I can't get a second below the gold time I feel severely lacking. It's a good thing. Keeps me sharp.
Looking through this thread, we definitely have several stages of alien life in here: you've got your bonafide threat-to-human-existence hyper intelligent alien overlords, like @djolliea and @RWinkelmann, (and anyone else who is regularly threatening the top 20); your scary AF full blown aliens who are always around the top 100, like @Ed_Night, @Dolph Drago, @Gomario JSP, @Evilmuffin, @Barareklam, etc.; the slightly simpler but still alarming extraterrestrial lifeforms, who whip out golds for fun, which would include you and quite a large number on here.

So let's not forget that it's normal to be human - the humans outnumber everyone else and there are very many good and fast humans here too! :)

Last edited:
Looking through this thread, we definitely have several stages of alien life in here: you've got your bonafide threat-to-human-existence hyper intelligent alien overlords, like @djolliea and @RWinkelmann, (and anyone else who is regularly threatening the top 20); your scary AF full blown aliens who are always around the top 100, like @Ed_Night, @Dolph Drago, @Gomario JSP, @Evilmuffin, @Barareklam, etc.; the slightly simpler but still alarming extraterrestrial lifeforms, who whip out golds for fun, which would include you and quite a large number on here.

So let's not forget that it's normal to he human - they humans outnumber everyone else and there are very many good and fast humans here too! :)
I'd like to be on this list for daily TT cough cough...

All seriousness the overall improvements on this forum are thanks ri aliens sharing tips but @half_sourly doing his business at not cost to us!

Hit the big five-oh today so got some extra seat time while the family popped out. First things first, and this should seem obvious, but since we all know that stripes = speed, I headed off to update my livery on the 4C 😂! Loaded up a ghost and headed to the track… I’m now consistently in the low 41’s and after 10+ laps managed to find 0.15 by tidying up the Bus Stop exit and also using 4th instead of 3rd a little earlier in a couple of places (Stavelot, the middle of Les Combes and Les Fagnes). Now down to 2:41.103 with sector splits of T1-45.423, T2-1:13.351 and T3-42.329.

I’m also now able to use capture and the PS app to transfer screenshots with my new PS5, so no more shaky phone shots of my TV!
1703962975321.jpeg

1703962989799.jpeg

1703963007377.jpeg

I could kill my mother in law (just kidding, no offense ^^) for gaining more than 1.5 sec on this TT.... :dopey:
Sorry it was 1.5 tenths, ie 0.15s lol.

Pretty moderate, especially as you expect to gain some time after another hour of running.

Fun time trial though, I also enjoyed the wet spa with the redbull junior, very similar lines.

Hi,

@Gogga... "I love Spa. It's one of my all time favorite tracks." I think that helps a lot when it comes to registering a time. If you love the place, you get a good time. If you hate the place....

I really do love Fuji. I registered a gold time quite early on and I intend to spend more time there to improve.

I really love Spa - I just haven't mastered this car / track combination yet. That said... I have installed my new load cell pedals here. The rest of the kit is still en route. The load cell has taken two seconds off my time!!! Really? Is this a combination of me learning and the pedals "helping"?

On a side note - For those, like me, trying to find an "achievable" time ghost to chase - I found one today. Start your search on page 22 (Placed 2200) there is one there. It has helped me greatly today!!!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
Spa has a nice flow to it. Agreed that if you like a track, one would find it easier to set a time.
I for one am not a fan of Fuji. The combo is really is not for me. I prefer hot lapping road cars over anything with downforce.

Great to hear that your load cell is doing wonders for you.
Expect another 2 seconds when the rest of the kit arrives 👌

Took a trip to Fuji today after quite some time away from the Japanese track. Having become much more used to the triggers, I was able to gain almost three and a half tenths and into the 27's. I think there's still a couple more tenths in there. I don't like sitting outside the top 1,000. :irked:

IMG_2760.jpg

Last edited:
Still can’t quite get the Bus Stop right but the rest of the lap is coming together… saw some exciting splits, and then 💥! This is pretty much as fast as I can go - a 40.6 might be on, but will likely take me another another 300 miles (on top of the 300 I’ve already done 😂) to nail. Super pleased with this time although I know I’ll be lucky to stay in the top 1000 by the end of this event.

The stripes worked 😂😂😂!
1703974429797.jpeg

Last edited:
Took a trip to Fuji today after quite some time away from the Japanese track. Having become much more used to the triggers, I was able to gain almost three and a half tenths and into the 27's. I think there's still a couple more tenths in there. I don't like sitting outside the top 1,000. :irked:

View attachment 1315412

I was going to try Fuji again when I got the Logitech pro wheel....but the wheelbase said no 🫠

Some fantastic times being set here guys! Again props to everyone for sharing knowledge, tips, techniques, replays etc and helping anyone who wants to improve… improve!

Day five in VR world for me, I’m running out of gaming hours before I go away so a little extra pressure on each session, today I hit my target of getting into the 2:39s at Spa so any improvement from here is a freebie 😁 what a fun little trial this is, car and tyre choice are perfectly matched IMO and whilst it’s a little slidey it’s very controllable and small slides don’t punish you time wise. Slowish cars can feel a bit of a grind at Spa but this doesn’t somehow, maybe it’s just the novelty of VR or too much Christmas cheer..

IMG_4603.jpeg

IMG_4604.jpeg

So let's not forget that it's normal to be human - the humans outnumber everyone else and there are very many good and fast humans here too! :)
To even be considered in the company above is quite a big deal in my GT7 world. I've got a lot of work to do to level up. If I had the time... 😂

Gave Fuji another go but couldn't improve so I moved on to Spa....I clocked a 2.45 for silver for now but my optimal was 2.43 so I know I have more time to find. The car is quite fun to drive and it really makes a difference when it is a track that I love. It certainly doesn't feel like a chore - looking at you Fuji 😏

Last edited:
1.5 tenths. Hehe.

Ran this one the other night and got my first lap into the 2:42s, and took four more laps to get my current 2:42.2. I love SpA and road cars so this one came pretty easy. The 4C is super balanced and pretty low power, so you can really push it and get on full throttle quickly.

Probably going to put some more time into this one because it's fun enough to do. 41s should be fairly reasonable to achieve.

Did a few runs yesterday at Spa .
Am struggling to get in the gold area, my weakness is the first turn and eau rouge that giving me hard time to pass them right.
Long lap and the " plastic " around corners waiting to put red colour in your lap.
I was feeling more comfortable the first time i try it than am now , even at Blansimont i was way better than i am now.
I use Daniel Son ghost as reference which is a bit slower than my time and never match him in the first turn but i pass him at eau rouge with a good lead that i lost later due to couple of mistakes.
I made some improvement but wasn't enough to bust that damn 43,s .
Must regain confidence and consistency and don't look at the timer which put me in stress that i have this and finally skrew up or " kiss " a plastic somewhere .

And since is the last day of 2023 i wish to all a healthy and more joyful 2024 .
Be safe and cool and as Merfy use to say:
Stay out of trouble 😂 .

Yesterday was horrible day for me at Spa - didn't do a single valid lap on both morning and evening sessions!
It was just not going well...
And I was pushing, knowing that is only way for new pb.

Maybe today will be better, now I'm drinking coffee and then it's time for early morning session!

Yesterday was horrible day for me at Spa - didn't do a single valid lap on both morning and evening sessions!

Maybe today will be better, now I'm drinking coffee and then it's time for early morning session!
Yeah keep pushing and you'll get the yellow medal soon :)

Did a few runs yesterday at Spa .
Am struggling to get in the gold area, my weakness is the first turn and eau rouge that giving me hard time to pass them right.
Long lap and the " plastic " around corners waiting to put red colour in your lap.
I was feeling more comfortable the first time i try it than am now , even at Blansimont i was way better than i am now.
I use Daniel Son ghost as reference which is a bit slower than my time and never match him in the first turn but i pass him at eau rouge with a good lead that i lost later due to couple of mistakes.
I made some improvement but wasn't enough to bust that damn 43,s .
Must regain confidence and consistency and don't look at the timer which put me in stress that i have this and finally skrew up or " kiss " a plastic somewhere .

And since is the last day of 2023 i wish to all a healthy and more joyful 2024 .
Be safe and cool and as Merfy use to say:
Stay out of trouble 😂 .
One day is ok, the next day isn't, Mr @smoothbore12 :) Yesterday, I've improved my PB but I'll still far from you and still very far from gold. And for 1 lap valid, I had tens of invalidated laps.
Like some "half-human half-aliens" said earlier, we have to keep pushing, again and again.
Spa is a circuit that has to be earned but it worths it. Oh yes, it worths it.

Sometimes, I'm equal to your ghost on the first sector. But it's after Rivage (T10) that you fly away.
I wish you many gold medals on GT7, my friend!

Last edited:
@Dan_Tes so let me get this clear..... you haven't got that much time.... have a seat in you rig..... slap on your new VR gear (wich I can asume is a BLAST through Au Rouge!) And casually set a .7xx on you first stint?....
You should be excluded mate 🙈🤣🤣🤣

Yesterday I had a little break from Spa but today I hopped in the 4C again and man I love this combo but it's so tricky!

My problem is (I think it's called?) Speaker corner.... such an weird lift of slide to apex embrace the bollard corner wich most of the time cost me some real serious time and compromises the entire speed on the straight afterwards.

I did like almost 300km this morning and had about 30 minutes of focus laps with consistent 39's for a few laps, then had one lap ( what turned out to be a PB but didn't know because of the HUD beeing off ) were I was hartstopping close to the bollard at Stavelot 😳

1000015834.jpg

but definitely gained some time there, felt quick so easy on Blanchimont cause I didn't want to stuff it..
Had a real bad S1 tho... 😡

1000015836.jpg

1000015835.jpg

What's with the Germans? @RWinkelmann @Ed_Night .....do they eat the same things as Fins?... God you guys are quick 🙏🙏

So not a bad session this morning!, still room but man it's challenging such a long track!

2:39.789

Attachments

• 1000015836.jpg
    1000015836.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 9

You got this! If you're not invalidating at least 9 out of 10 laps then you're not pushing hard enough :D

Last edited:
Had another go this morning, 10 laps.

Record from yesterday : after 1 lap : 1:52, plus four laps 1:46.700

First lap this morning (invalid) and 5s slower... that's a good start... second lap, invalide too, still 4s above best lap...

After that I managed some cleaner laps, and even a tiny improvement that brought me 0.110 from silver.

Overall very inconsistent, watched Thekie25's lap guide, no idea how he can go flat out on some corners (like Eau-Rouge), I quickly resolved to stop trying to replicate his driving, better pass the corner safely than getting an invalid lap AND losing time.

Optimal in silver zone, need to work more to gain consistency, I spend my laps losing and winning back time.

Fast lap replay shared, so for those who have me in their friendlist, you will find it in your news feed.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231231100623.jpg

Back