Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,133 comments
Ours tends to lick the obstacles, which is probably why I tend to also hit them 🤣
View attachment 1315763
your photo brings back good memories when I was riding in 1990 !!!
FB_IMG_1704125339644.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

@P-Courty and Jeje6410....

ANY form of transport / competition that involves 2 brains is flat down right absolute no no for me!!! :-)

I am just beginning to understand the Alfa at Spa now. Taken another 2 seconds out of my lap. Sitting nicely at a 2:43:xxx now. Still got nine days to reach gold. Quietly confident I am.

To add to the comments of others here...

I would like to wish you all a very happy peaceful and safe new year. It is both delightful and entertaining being here with you all. I have learned soooo much from you folks. Thank you all. You have made my experience with GT7 so much more fun! Thank you once again.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

2 laps in today and I got the gold at spa with a 2.45.580. optimal was 2.42.000 so the sub 2.41 is definitely there. Got another 30 or so minutes of play to go before having to deal with life stuff so hopefully I'll be able to put it together by then. This is the right TT to start off the new year, I love it 😁

Late to the party, but of course I also want to take the chance to wish all of you a Happy 2024! I started to dabble in GT7 in April this last year when I got my PSVR2, now it's basically all I ever play and it's taken up a good portion of my available time. In my educated guess this is 83% due to this thread and the people in it, so thanks for ruining my social life! ;)

More on topic, I managed to improve my Spa time by almost half a second to 2:41,969 thanks mainly to the feedback provided by @PlanetJanet and @Barareklam, so special shout-outs to you guys. I guess I could leave it at that, but I forgot to use my own 4C and now my saved trophy replay has this generic white car in it ... not sure if I can live with that :D

No new PB at Spa, but the optimals are going in the correct direction.

I was on my best lap on Lap 15, but exited just too wide on the fast left turn before the final chicane. I couldn't pull it back left enough before I ran out of curb, missed it by about half a foot right at the end. I thought I had it.

Would've been a 2:40.849.

18cc645a3877-screenshotUrl.jpg

Oh well, there's still a lot of time left to get a little bit faster. I'd like to finish in the 40's, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find a 39.

Last edited:
Just made a 42.699 .
Feel a little more comfortable today but need to be more consistent.
If i achieve that ,may i grab a low 42 to get in gold area but will see.
Can't function in MT gears so i must try harder to be more accurate and repeatable.
Wow congrats that's really impressive!!! You're very close from gold now. I'll have a look at your ghost tomorrow.

I like that, this gonna be funnier now :sly: but I really don't know if I'll be able to follow you as fast as you are now.

Just to be sure: are you challenging me :D ?

First stint in the NSX and there's the improvement of 3 tenths.
Optimal went down just a little (28.3), but it seems easier to tackle those corners in this car.
The Japanese are battling for WR, so the gold cut-off is moving.
TT-FujiGr2-almost2.jpg

First two sectors can be bettered, but it all comes down to good exit out of final corner - on the fast lap I was down almost 2 tenths before it and gained so much with fantastic exit. Is that to be repeated? We will see.

Again happy new year 2024. I always look forward to reading everyone's posts and looking at their impressive replays and screenshots of their best laps of any track. So away we go at Spa Thursday or Friday. I may just get bronze at Fuji for now, 250k is still a pile of money to buy a decent car or truck.

Drove the Alfa thru the paint shop, back to red, I think the black was slower 🤣

I did almost 400km of cursing, kissing bollards, drifting of my line and outbrake myself on almost every corner...
And man I had a fight with eau Rouge.. it took me a lot of time to get the flow on it, and you need it for an optimal time due to the straight.

At the end of the session I had a couple of 39.9's and slowly got it down to .8 fairly consistent and was hoping for a decent lap without major faults
Then first lap after I ran a new pb @39.699 and restarted because I stayed in 3th to the finishline, next lap was a little better 😁😁
I even stuffed up a .4xx for sure after that but could not get my focus back.

Closing @ 2:39.528 for today placed 76

1000015937.jpg

And I can do it again cause my gearbox is still intact 😁🤪, no sausing action 😁🤣🤣

I'm happy for today

@Evilmuffin morning sunshine 🤪

1000015938.jpg

Back