Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,133 comments
Happy New Year Champions!

I usually play TTs for 99% of time I play, but during holiday days off wife insist on us two playing Little Big Planet, and just to satisfy my abstinence of Monaco track, few laps in GT6. Wish we could have it again.
1000017861.jpg

Wish every single one of you to beat PB records in 2024!

Last edited:
Happy New Year Champions!

I usually play TTs for 99% of time I play, but during holiday days off wife insist on us two playing Little Big Planet, and just to satisfy my abstinence of Monaco track, few laps in GT6. Wish we could have it again.
View attachment 1315996

Wish every single one of you to beat PB records in 2024!
Welcome back and happy 2024, what a blast from the past even though I didn't play gt6 that much, gt5 was more popular back in the 2010 era.

It's Spa but not TT spa, 24h Spa 😁
I thought to change a bit and put myself in challenge, so Suzuki Escudo without lights in the night at Spa, in the rain, Kaz that's what we wanted for Christmas, right 😁
Beat them all with two laps 😁
View attachment 1316047View attachment 1316048
I did it in the Audi RS5 DTM. I was about to start the final lap and realized I was at less 1 lap ahead with only 30? seconds left. So I move the car to the side without cross in the line and just sat there until the timer was up...then casually crossed the line and finished. Still beat the 2nd with over a lap :D

Last edited:
I did it in the Audi RS5 DTM. I was about to start the final lap and realized I was at less 1 lap ahead with only 30? seconds left. So I move the car to the side without cross in the line and just sat there until the timer was up...then casually crossed the line and finished. Still beat the 2nd with over a lap :D

Use to happens this way , to see one lap behind the field although is a " fake " result.
Might be just a few seconds behind you and at the final screen shows 1 lap.
It happens all the times when rain hit La Sarthe ( thats what i use for grinding mostly ) and am waiting in the line till timer ends .
Also many times the remaining time between you and the second is false information till you stop and always false after that.
Thats why i have a " mark " to spot where is the second AI and if is a bit more or less than 2 minutes i always skip 7th lap .
Of course at la sarthe is easy to identify where the second AI is ( if you took some short look ) but in Spa is very difficult cause cars are spread all over .

10 more laps today with a minute improvement that pulls me from just below silver to just above, not sure it will hold but still some days ahead to improve.

Although medium time improves and some laps are close to 2:45-2:46 consistency is not there yet.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240102183135.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240102183206.jpg

Last edited:
Mega quick update fellas! I’ve run out of time on both TTs, bummer as I enjoyed both… managed to make some improvement at Spa in the pretty little Alfa… still behind the Martian-fast @Gomario JSP but on the whole a pretty satisfying lap! Would love to have hit the grind on this one but gotta go and pay tha bills!!

IMG_4623.jpeg

IMG_4624.jpeg

I think my New Year’s resolution is for @Gomario JSP to be slower than 2023 🤔😂 insane time my friend 👏🏼 👏🏼

10 more laps today with a minute improvement that pulls me from just below silver to just above, not sure it will hold but still some days ahead to improve.

Although medium time improves and some laps are close to 2:45-2:46 consistency is not there yet.

View attachment 1316072

View attachment 1316076
Are you in the occasion to upload a lap? Maby we can bring your time a bit down 😁
I'm sure we can give you some tips 😁

I am sure of that too 😅 less sure I'll be able to put those tips to good use.

I shared my 2:45.9XX the other day but forgot to do the same tonight. If you have me in your friendlist, you can find it into your newsfeed ingame.
Not sure if I could be helpful but I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know :)

Mega quick update fellas! I’ve run out of time on both TTs, bummer as I enjoyed both… managed to make some improvement at Spa in the pretty little Alfa… still behind the Martian-fast @Gomario JSP but on the whole a pretty satisfying lap! Would love to have hit the grind on this one but gotta go and pay tha bills!!

View attachment 1316096
View attachment 1316097

I think my New Year’s resolution is for @Gomario JSP to be slower than 2023 🤔😂 insane time my friend 👏🏼 👏🏼
Nice time mate!, difficult and frustrating tt!
But very satisfying if you nail it 😁
I'll try to better my time until trial mountain comes online, always one week fire and then I'm done with it 🤣🤣

Good luck in the air mate,

Ooh.....btw...hell naah I'm going all in in 2024 🤣🤣🙏🙏

@Lomic I'll take a look at it tomorrow , thanks 😁👌👍👍

Last edited:
@Dan_Tes Just curious, do you have the Logitech g pro wheel? If so, which color of the foam thingy you use for the brake pedal? I'm using the default that came with it (red, beige, and the harder short foam at the bottom) and found it a bit on the light side for most of the travel until it almost hit 100% braking force. I tried to swap out the beige to the brown one and it is way to hard.

The wheelbase is still giving me problem (just sent logitech a video of it) but once a while I can squeeze in a lap or 2. The wheel is awesome. I can now feel the understeer! Well...when it is working anyways 🫠

I had a longer stint at Spa today. It felt a bit frustrating at times, for most of it, I just wasn't feeling the car at all. But things finally started to click around Lap 15 and I decided to push on.

Lap 20 I found my first improvement over my old PB but I felt like I could do better. Then right after on Lap 21, I managed to string together my first 2:40 lap.

There's maybe a tenth or two that I can work out, I didn't have the greatest S1 and I entered into S3 a little slow. The left after the hairpin in S2 was also as little too drifty.

18ccbcfd0774-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ccbd00aeb34-screenshotUrl.jpg

And here's my replay. You can really sense the anxiety from how close those bollards are in VR.

I'm getting close to your Top 10 @Gomario JSP :lol:

I had a longer stint at Spa today. It felt a bit frustrating at times, for most of it, I just wasn't feeling the car at all. But things finally started to click around Lap 15 and I decided to push on.

Lap 20 I found my first improvement over my old PB but I felt like I could do better. Then right after on Lap 21, I managed to string together my first 2:40 lap.

There's maybe a tenth or two that I can work out, I didn't have the greatest S1 and I entered into S3 a little slow. The left after the hairpin in S2 was also as little too drifty.

View attachment 1316148View attachment 1316149

And here's my replay. You can really sense the anxiety from how close those bollards are in VR.

I'm getting close to your Top 10 @Gomario JSP :lol:

Nice! Congrats on that progression!,
Indeed your S1 @ 45.5 can be quicker! But you eau rouge seemed quite fast ( I find it so difficult to see in chase cam, I only use bunper so difficult to compare )
That left after the hairpin you lost a lot of time indeed there what compromises the straight after like you said.
It's the most difficult corner of the track for me.

Not a bad lap at all ! Place 547!, keep pushing mate, If you sharpen the edges and slide a little less you'll def gain some more time! 👌🙏

How is it that you always seem to find a way to beat me?!?! :lol: Nice lap mate 👍

@Dan_Tes Just curious, do you have the Logitech g pro wheel? If so, which color of the foam thingy you use for the brake pedal? I'm using the default that came with it (red, beige, and the harder short foam at the bottom) and found it a bit on the light side for most of the travel until it almost hit 100% braking force. I tried to swap out the beige to the brown one and it is way to hard.

The wheelbase is still giving me problem (just sent logitech a video of it) but once a while I can squeeze in a lap or 2. The wheel is awesome. I can now feel the understeer! Well...when it is working anyways 🫠
Yeah I got the whole setup (all the gear no idea 😁)! I use the hardest setting for the foams, not sure what colour they are but it’s the exact combo that’s on the leaflet provided. Yes it’s really firm and takes a while to get used to but long term I believe it’s the best setup for accuracy once you get the muscle memory. I can’t remember what pedal force I have I think it’s about 40kg but that’s quite a lot for the cockpit I have! Definitely try and use the firmest sponges, I’ll try and dig out the video I watched explaining why.

This is the video that convinced me to go hard..!

Last edited:
After pushing through the 1:30 barrier at Fuji a few days ago, I've not been able to go under it since.
On the way I tried the NSX GT500 '08. Surprised that it seems faster on the straight than the meta NSX most are using.
I actually crept a fair bit ahead of the Alien ghost on the first straight - but, of course, fell well behind after the first corner! 🤣

After pushing through the 1:30 barrier at Fuji a few days ago, I've not been able to go under it since.
On the way I tried the NSX GT500 '08. Surprised that it seems faster on the straight than the meta NSX most are using.
I actually crept a fair bit ahead of the Alien ghost on the first straight - but, of course, fell well behind after the first corner! 🤣
I absolutely hate this TT.

@Lomic

Not a bad lap at all, what I noticed

T1 tighter to the wall , and a little more early on gas right on the apex 😁

Eau Rouge you are lifting way to much and you can go on throttle way sooner, this will give you so much time there!

T3 after straight.... get closer to the right bollards
Staying on the left after that is good. 😀

For the right hander try to stay close to the ballard and try to hit the throttle before the apex ( I would say in 4th but I see you have AT )

The hairpin is quite ok, try to see it as a 2 corner apex, you can go in fairly hard and hit apex one, then loose it and rotate again to the second one,

The left hander after that is good, you can try to get more to the right using all of the track that would open your chance to rotate and makes placing the car in this akward corner a little easier ( still most difficult corner on track )

The left hander after that, after the little straight, your entry is quite good, but you can go on throttle for the second part of the corner way sooner and use the curb fully on exit .

The esses after that are good, nice line , try to maximize the exit and use the curbs

The righthander after that, that's how like it!
Embrace the bollard

1000015953.jpg

Now this is close ladies and gents

The fast left hander before the chicane you can go a lot faster thru there, try to get as far on the right as possible, just stay on the Grey with you left wheels, right fully on the greens and lift off on the start of the blue signs on the right and slide it thru,

The last chicane try to hit the last apex, that more important then hitting the first one

Not a bad lap mate, you got most of the line right, just need to maximize track use and you will shave of some time!

And I would def! Loose the ASM and TCS here, it not that difficult to drive without assists so I would certainly give that a try 😁👌

Good luck! And we will see your improvement soon I think 😁🙏

(I share my replays also for some reference 😁)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back