Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,179 comments
Finally got inside of the 2mins mark. Optimal was in the 1:59.7s
WOW me too :eek: I'm under the 2mns (Deutsche) mark!!!

This TT is not as easy as it seems with this German torture machine but less stressing than the Australian walls.

1708021720678.png

For now, my optimal is 1:54.9xx without ghost, drugs, wheel, or Angela Merkel portrait in my bedroom.
I'm still over a sec from the yellow medal...
#KeepPushing

Last edited:

This TT is not as easy as it seems with this German torture machine but less stressing than the Australian walls.

View attachment 1328406

For now, my optimal is 1:54.9xx without ghost, drugs, wheel, or Angela Merkel portrait in my bedroom.
#KeepPushing
Have you tried adding a cat? 🤣 It seems to help @Evilmuffin

View attachment 1328406

#KeepPushing
So, how is the feel of the car? I'm gonna try it tonight, I'm motivated to earn my third gold. Those curbs are mean, whenever I drive over them they upset the balance of my car and I'll do a wheelie. Or similar to one.

I was ready to give up. I had made the switch from the smooth but slow McLaren 650S to the Genesis earlier this week. I knew I was losing tons of time through the Cutting, all the way up the mountain, through the chicane after Skyline, the Dipper and at the exit of Forrest's Elbow. Was this supposed to be my very first silver since starting the game in December?

1708029181162.png

I decided to watch Tidgney's lap guide again and follow his ghost. Most importantly I decided to suck down my ego and activate TC1 as well as counter steer assist strong. I was struggling with many exits and often losing time through power oversteer.

At some point I started being able to follow Tidgney somewhat all the way up through the Cutting. Then I was brave up the hill and somehow managed to judge my turn in points well enough such that I didn't need to lift too much and also didn't touch a wall. It got close however.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_.jpeg

Then I realized that I was braking too much through the chicane after the gantry/Skyline and started braking at 75-ish % approaching the Dipper at about 115 kph rather than my usual 100 kph crawl. Miraculously I didn't botch the Dipper either. Ghost still in sight. Was this finally it? Now Forrest's Elbow. Hit the braking point well and hugged the inside wall tight. Exit wasn't terrible. While I was used to the ghost speeding off into the distance here it wasn't as bad as usual this time. Low 1:32 after the 3rd sector. Don't botch this now. Lost a bit of time in both of the last two corners but it wasn't too bad. I finally made it. Nerve wrecking I tell you. I am not sure if TC was really necessary but I absolutely reccomend counter steer assist in this one to all my fellow non aliens, especially those on pad.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240215211459.jpg

I was ready to give up. I had made the switch from the smooth but slow McLaren 650S to the Genesis earlier this week. I knew I was losing tons of time through the Cutting, all the way up the mountain, through the chicane after Skyline, the Dipper and at the exit of Forrest's Elbow. Was this supposed to be my very first silver since starting the game in December?

View attachment 1328439

I decided to watch Tidgney's lap guide again and follow his ghost. Most importantly I decided to suck down my ego and activate TC1 as well as counter steer assist strong. I was struggling with many exits and often losing time through power oversteer.

At some point I started being able to follow Tidgney somewhat all the way up through the Cutting. Then I was brave up the hill and somehow managed to judge my turn in points well enough such that I didn't need to lift too much and also didn't touch a wall. It got close however.

View attachment 1328440

Then I realized that I was braking too much through the chicane after the gantry/Skyline and started braking at 75-ish % approaching the Dipper at about 115 kph rather than my usual 100 kph crawl. Miraculously I didn't botch the Dipper either. Ghost still in sight. Was this finally it? Now Forrest's Elbow. Hit the braking point well and hugged the inside wall tight. Exit wasn't terrible. While I was used to the ghost speeding off into the distance here it wasn't as bad as usual this time. Low 1:32 after the 3rd sector. Don't botch this now. Lost a bit of time in both of the last two corners but it wasn't too bad. I finally made it. Nerve wrecking I tell you. I am not sure if TC was really necessary but I absolutely reccomend counter steer assist in this one to all my fellow non aliens, especially those on pad.

View attachment 1328441

Great story telling! I used TC3 for the same reason as you and have a similar gold time. Great job! 🔥

Thursday evening, always nokia setup time!! 😂.... took me about 10 laps to even reach the finishline with the Merc, but I know already I'm going to have a lot of fun with it, I also have been upside down.... that last sausage is hilarious 😂😂

Not a bad start...

1000017270.jpg

I was kind dissapointed that I apparently widebody the 2 mercs I have so no livery for me this time 😡😡

Eh, not a fan of Gardens, but I love the car. Then again, I had a pretty quick time when we were last here with the Radical (if I could avoid launching into outer space thanks to the sausage curbs) despite not particularly enjoying the track. After a pair of TT's with race cars on grippy tires, it took some laps to get used to a slippery vehicle again. Not a bad time for day 1 even though the end of sector 1 and beginning of sector 2 were quite sloppy! :lol:
IMG_2873.jpg

Again, it's only day 1, but I've only got a couple of Flying Finns in front of me (or did so ~3 hours ago before posting here).
IMG_2874.jpg

Finally! This is more like it. 3rd sector is still a bit iffy....low 52s is possible, 51s is probably out of reach.

View attachment 1328482

In the time it took me to post, you post yours ahead of me. :grumpy:

Back