Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,176 comments
Day one at Dragon Trail Gardens and let me say something: Gardens is much better than Seaside. Seaside always felt like a discounted Spa in my opinion.
Screenshot_20240215-191117~2.png

Today was a very good day with Lady Mercedes, the car has a happy rear, she can always be all over the place when turning but I'd say it's her signature. And cars with unique traits most of the time is a good thing.

That's a good combo! Feeling good driving the Mercedes there. Best lap replay shared as usual.

18db0085b2973-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_437262105101036_1708055098050.jpg
20970898000646115.jpg

PS: source of the track map:

Last edited:
Day one at Dragon Trail Gardens and let me say something: Gardens is much better than Seaside. Seaside always felt like a discounted Spa in my opinion.
View attachment 1328508

Today was a very good day with Lady Mercedes, the car has a happy rear, she can always be all over the place when turning but I'd say it's her signature. And cars with unique traits most of the time is a good thing.

That's a good combo! Feeling good driving the Mercedes there. Best lap replay shared as usual.

View attachment 1328509 View attachment 1328510

PS: source of the track map:
That's great news to hear, now I'm motivated even more, somehow acquired one of those but don't remember doing it. I must have bought it in the Used car dealership a while back. Nice to see Jeddah back, he didn't do the AP time trial. The circuit experience lap attack at Seaside is total torture to me, can't get a lap under 1'40.000.

I clocked a 2'06.868 in the Genesis X at MP, so I will be showing my lap over the weekend. Good luck everyone!!

The results for TT64 at Autopolis International Racing Course in Gr.4 are over here.

I've also updated the opening post with the index of TTs and the second post with the community leader boards.

Interim Results for TT65 at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit in Gr.3.

View attachment 1328313 View attachment 1328315

Wow I'm 26th on the board. I don't think I've seen my name so high up before. Not bad when you consider that I ended up 81st out of 109 entrants in the Autopolis time trial. It's also fun to note that only one other driver used the Mercedes AMG GT3 for Bathurst. Oh and one other thing, the title at the top of your table is wrong.

Wow I'm 26th on the board. I don't think I've seen my name so high up before. Not bad when you consider that I ended up 81st out of 109 entrants in the Autopolis time trial. It's also fun to note that only one other driver used the Mercedes AMG GT3 for Bathurst. Oh and one other thing, the title at the top of your table is wrong.
Thanks. I will fix that when I get back end of next week. Did yesterday's results in a rush before I left.

Ok so after collecting my first gold at autopolis , had a go fighting with silver arrow the dragon.
First lap to get bronze , did 60 more kilometer , to get a time almost silver .
So if i try again should get silver , but for gold i don't feel it at all , for the moment i don't enjoy this drive at all 😉

Last edited:
@Gomario JSP is going to wake up with a heart attack 🤣
:lol: :lol:....Good morning, god you guys are bad for my health.....:lol::lol:
Come oonn.... first day and this already starts again? :lol:
I did talk to my cat this morning saying "no surprise huh Kiwi, those pricks are already on top of the board"..... there was a very affermative miaauww...

But glad to see you two are woken up so early in this slide trial...

muppet-show-muppets.gif

So hop in the Merc and heat up those rears, cause man it's a delicate slide to nail it, the suppadoppatrippelbazooka left hander is a real make or brake slide kind of fest, i like it but it's kind of difficult to nail and have a descent exitspeed without beeing sideways looking at whatever but the right direction.....

Would have loved to slide my silver arrow around dragon's ..

18db0e13d2e24-screenshotUrl.jpg

But i only bought two of them and both are widebody, stupid cause most cars i have a stock one of, so made a mistake here, so back to the black bastard then.....

A lot of laps were thrown away due to hitting the greens on the final exit onto the straight, that rear left wheel in the grass makes you fly of to Jupiter wich apparently is right..... man that's a frustrating exit!

18db0e14a6161-screenshotUrl.jpg

You kow you stuffed up when you do, the is no anticipating on it, if it hapens your to late :lol:

But when you just lick the grass you'll be flying down the straight
Had a few descent laps in and fairly consistent in the 4's and 5's with a few 3's so there is a lot of potential in this one i think.
This was far from a flawless lap, but don't no if you can speak of such with this much sliding around....

Great fun

18db0e1645b3-screenshotUrl.jpg

18db0e1709a61-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sorry @Dolph Drago and the @Evilmuffin but i'm not throwing in the white towel that soon :lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:....Good morning, god you guys are bad for my health.....:lol::lol:
Come oonn.... first day and this already starts again? :lol:
I did talk to my cat this morning saying "no surprise huh Kiwi, those pricks are already on top of the board"..... there was a very affermative miaauww...

But glad to see you two are woken up so early in this slide trial...

View attachment 1328518

So hop in the Merc and heat up those rears, cause man it's a delicate slide to nail it, the suppadoppatrippelbazooka left hander is a real make or brake slide kind of fest, i like it but it's kind of difficult to nail and have a descent exitspeed without beeing sideways looking at whatever but the right direction.....

Would have loved to slide my silver arrow around dragon's ..

View attachment 1328519
But i only bought two of them and both are widebody, stupid cause most cars i have a stock one of, so made a mistake here, so back to the black bastard then.....

A lot of laps were thrown away due to hitting the greens on the final exit onto the straight, that rear left wheel in the grass makes you fly of to Jupiter wich apparently is right..... man that's a frustrating exit!

View attachment 1328520

You kow you stuffed up when you do, the is no anticipating on it, if it hapens your to late :lol:

But when you just lick the grass you'll be flying down the straight
Had a few descent laps in and fairly consistent in the 4's and 5's with a few 3's so there is a lot of potential in this one i think.
This was far from a flawless lap, but don't no if you can speak of such with this much sliding around....

Great fun

View attachment 1328522

View attachment 1328524

Sorry @Dolph Drago and the @Evilmuffin but i'm not throwing in the white towel that soon :lol::lol:
xD, you didn't have a heart attack did you? I'm sure you can beat 'em!

This picture pretty much sums up the slidefest that this Time Trial is. 😂

A track that i barely drive, let alone in reverse. I like how i learn these tracks better from the trials then from the circuit experience, it's just a whole other level.

Currently still bronze after a few laps, let's head for Silver first and wait until everything click so i can get gold.

Good luck everyone 🔥

Did like 30(?) laps yesterday. Puh, frustrating at first, always failing in the quadruple lefthander. Always felt way to slow at the 2nd apex, accelerated, then went off track. Rest of the lap usually was oky. After i figured those turns, i started to bottle either the chicance or final corner completely. Finally managed to get a 1:53:795.
Again a very enjoyable combination. Basically everythig is ok, as long as it's not a 2000hp car on comfort tires (maybe a bit exaggerated, but you know what i mean).
What to do the next days... MP or DTG, what time is more likely to slip into silver. Above mentioned 1:53:795 or the 2:01:616 at MP?

PS: after doing 8 laps or so, the timeboard on the right side blocked my view towards the turning point tree for final corner, that maybe was one reason for failing it

Last edited:
I may have put up the post a little too early 🤣🤣 because I was able to improve my time and get closer to the bottom of 1'53 with a time of 1'53'426 and I enter the top 1000.
I really like this circuit, I find it better than its original meaning because the sausages are not at the beginning and in this sense you can approach them better.
17080879462822956502704406677506.jpg

Didn't do any hot laps this morning. I still need to get myself comfortable with this track/car combo. The car just feels too nervous to fling around at will. After 11 laps I was able to get my practice time down to the 1:53.0s...but still not consistent tho. Probably will do another practice session later in the evening before I go chase PB again.

Last edited:
Didn't do any hot laps this morning. I still need to get myself comfortable with this track/car combo. The car just feels too nervous to fling around at will. After 11 laps I was able to get my practice time down to the 1:53.0s...but still not consistent tho. Probably will do another practice session later in the evening before I go chase PB again.
We all know you'll prob. sub 52 this on your next attempt :lol: :lol:

478abbf435f530bab89ba23099b599e5.gif

Last edited:
I may have put up the post a little too early 🤣🤣 because I was able to improve my time and get closer to the bottom of 1'53 with a time of 1'53'426 and I enter the top 1000.
I really like this circuit, I find it better than its original meaning because the sausages are not at the beginning and in this sense you can approach them better.
View attachment 1328544

Cool, you have a youtube account too! I'll subscribe this weekend and check out your super laps. That was awesome how you did those slide drifts at the consecutive left turns after the tunnel(Sector 1).
The U-turn always gets me because I'll have a poor exit speed. So, I'll know if I'm in the gold range cause if I can get to Sector 3 in under 1'18.000 then my chance will be high.

I loved the ending part, but you're using the wheel. Can I improve like that with my controller? I hope so, or maybe get a high silver time.

@seadog777: good luck mate!!

Last edited:
Hi folks,

back from my trip just in time for the new TT. Had a split session today before / after lunch with very different outcomes. Before lunch I barely made it into silver, could not get below 1:56. After lunch was when I loaded Tidgney's ghost, and in my first lap I improved a whole second. Ended the session with a reasonably safe gold, and I think that more is possible. Did not see that coming tbh.

1708094820111.png

Also, what's up with everyone's liveries here? If it weren't for me and @Rayquaza, my leader board would look like a funeral procession. Bring in some colours guys!

1708094998395.png

Hi folks,

back from my trip just in time for the new TT. Had a split session today before / after lunch with very different outcomes. Before lunch I barely made it into silver, could not get below 1:56. After lunch was when I loaded Tidgney's ghost, and in my first lap I improved a whole second. Ended the session with a reasonably safe gold, and I think that more is possible. Did not see that coming tbh.

View attachment 1328568

Also, what's up with everyone's liveries here? If it weren't for me and @Rayquaza, my leader board would look like a funeral procession. Bring in some colours guys!

View attachment 1328569
Welcome back. I am using a red coloured Mercedes car! I see you have different friends than mine. Who's Turbobinder and Cheetack? They're not on my list. GT7 is bugged, I was fixing to start the new TT when the screen froze up and I had to reboot my ps4.

Cool, you have a youtube account too! I'll subscribe this weekend and check out your super laps. That was awesome how you did those slide drifts at the consecutive left turns after the tunnel(Sector 1).
The U-turn always gets me because I'll have a poor exit speed. So, I'll know if I'm in the gold range cause if I can get to Sector 3 in under 1'18.000 then my chance will be high.

I loved the ending part, but you're using the wheel. Can I improve like that with my controller? I hope so, or maybe get a high silver time.

@seadog777: good luck mate!!
If my videos can help you, all the better I will be happy.
I'm not behind the wheel but in the DS5. The steering wheel (G29) I put it aside for the moment and I think it will return to its packaging box because this morning I ordered the Fanatec GT DD Pro (8Nm)

Improve my time again by a few at 1''53'339
17080962921438181845773665135483.jpg

So how is the G29 different than the Logitech one, what similarities and differences do they have. Because when I get older and feel like I'm ready I think I'm gonna invest in one. I just do not know when.

@crome: Oh, ok. Good luck with your TT at DTG. I don't know how much further I'll go at MP.

Hi folks,

View attachment 1328568

View attachment 1328569

Great time buddy! I was lucky to have bought 2 last time, 1 is now widebody and 1 regular which I use for this TT. But most people here have 1 (or more) with widebody so it's unusable 🤔

Latest Posts

Back